BeatleLinks LogoNav Panel New Sites Cool Sites Top Rated Fab Forum Add A Site Link To Us Revolution Radio New Products

Go Back   BeatleLinks Fab Forum > Beatles Forums > Abbey Road

Old Mar 03, 2005, 06:31 PM   #1
erinluv182
Taxman

Send a message via AIM to erinluv182
Lightbulb Beatles Rock'n'Roll Hall of Fame Exhibit

I'm not sure how many of you have been able to make a visit to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, but I am blessed to live in Ohio, a mere 3 hour drive from Cleveland, so I have been there quite a few times. It really is a wonderful place to go, and they have had many stellar special exhibits over the years, inlcuding a psychedelic exhibit which featured John's yellow Rolls, and also their Lennon exhibit.

Recently when my friends Annie and Amanda and I went there, we left wondering when they will do a special exhibit for the Beatles. They currently have a decent amount of Beatles items (you can go to the official site to check out what they have www.rockhall.com ), but we were talking and we agree that considering the huge influence the Beatles have had on rock and roll, they definitely deserve a special exhibit. And also they should take into consideration that when they had the Lennon exhibit, that it went so well they decided to extend it by an extra year, proving that Beatles stuff draws a crowd.

When we returned, Amanda sent an email to the exhibits department pointing out that they deserve a special exhibit and that Beatles fans would come in force if one was done, but she received a reply basically saying it has been considered, but they really don't see it happening any time soon.

So I am calling on you dear Beatles fans. Please send emails to Exhibits@rockhall.org if you think that the Beatles are deserving of a special exhibit. State logical reasons why you think they are deserving, and send them on. Perhaps if enough of us do it, then they might reconsider and do the special exhibit. One small note of warning, though. Please don't email them as a way to complain about artists or non-artists who you think should be inducted, but aren't yet (such as Brian Epstein.... although, seriously people... come on! If Col. Tom Parker is indcuted, Brian totally deserves it!). The people in Cleveland have zero control over who gets inducted, and complaining about this to them will do absolutely nothing. You may want to fish around on the site to see if there are email addresses for those who are in charge of determining who gets inducted.

If you feel as strongly about this as I do, I invite you to please email the Rock Hall! Let's show them how popular our Beatles really are, and help them to see the dollar signs such an exhibit would attract, cause after all, money really does talk! Thanks!

Once you go Macca, you never go bacca.

Last edited by erinluv182 : Mar 03, 2005 at 06:34 PM.
erinluv182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 04, 2005, 06:25 AM   #2
joenamherst
Dr. Robert

I thought that the R&R HOF was going to have a Hari exhibit this year. They were planning on it last year but Olivia nixed it. She wanted it this year. But, unfortunately, I have not heard anything about it in the member e-mails that I get from the Rockhall.
Old Mar 04, 2005, 06:48 AM   #3
NaomiMcCartney
Paperback Writer

Send a message via Yahoo to NaomiMcCartney

I was one of the lucky ones that got to see plenty of Beatle stuff owned personaly by either John, Paul, or George. I don't recall seeing anything owned by Ringo there, but it has been a few years since I went there. This was back in the summer of 2000 when I went. I was 20 at the time. Someday I'd really want to go back to The Rock N Roll Hall of Fame! If any of you haven't been there yet, if you ever get a chance to go, GO! It's a Fabulious museum! I give it two 's up!

Last edited by NaomiMcCartney : Mar 04, 2005 at 06:48 AM.
NaomiMcCartney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 04, 2005, 10:40 AM   #4
lennonluvr9
Sun King

Send a message via MSN to lennonluvr9

Being 20 minutes from Cleveland I too have been there quite a few times. I thought they were gonna have a George exhibit this year too (on the scale of the John one they had a couple years ago) but i havent heard anything about it...

"Logic?? My God, the man's talking about logic. We're talking about universal Armageddon!" Dr. McCoy, Wrath of Khan
lennonluvr9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 04, 2005, 09:56 PM   #5
SpaceDaisy42
Mr. Moonlight

Send a message via AIM to SpaceDaisy42

Quote:
Originally Posted by lennonluvr9
Being 20 minutes from Cleveland I too have been there quite a few times. I thought they were gonna have a George exhibit this year too (on the scale of the John one they had a couple years ago) but i havent heard anything about it...
I hope so, I would be there in a flash. I am the above mentioned Annie in Erin's post, so I am just a short trip from Cleveland. Heh, I missed the Lennon exhibit, not sure why....can't remember actually. Anyway I hope they do a George exhibit, please please please!!!
SpaceDaisy42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 05, 2005, 07:51 AM   #6
LovinLennon909
Taxman

I've never been, being in California and not much of a traveler. I'd probably never see a Beatles exhibit if it were to go up either, but I definitely think there should be one. Come on, you talk about RnR, and the Beatles are it. They ARE RnR! Besides, I'm all for new people discovering the Beatles, and I'm sure at least a few people who came to vist would leave a fan!
Old Mar 05, 2005, 08:51 AM   #7
NaomiMcCartney
Paperback Writer

Send a message via Yahoo to NaomiMcCartney

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinLennon909
I've never been, being in California and not much of a traveler. I'd probably never see a Beatles exhibit if it were to go up either, but I definitely think there should be one. Come on, you talk about RnR, and the Beatles are it. They ARE RnR! Besides, I'm all for new people discovering the Beatles, and I'm sure at least a few people who came to vist would leave a fan!
I believe there always is something that has something to do with The Beatles up there. Just as there always is something that has to do with Elvis, so don't you worry about that. In regards to never getting a chance to go there, I feel for ya. However maybe someday you will if you ever have a reason to travel east.

NaomiMcCartney is offline   Reply With Quote