BeatleLinks LogoNav Panel New Sites Cool Sites Top Rated Fab Forum Add A Site Link To Us Revolution Radio New Products

Go Back   BeatleLinks Fab Forum > New Products > The Remasters

View Poll Results: What's your purchase plan?
Both the stereo and mono box sets 17 43.59%
Only the stereo set 4 10.26%
Only the mono set 0 0%
Only the mono set + the individual YS/AR/LIB discs 3 7.69%
The mono set + all the individual releases 2 5.13%
All of the individual releases 5 12.82%
A select few of the individual releases only 3 7.69%
No remasters at all 3 7.69%
Other 2 5.13%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old Sep 06, 2009, 09:14 AM   #21
seltaebno9
Apple Scruff

I thought I couldn't afford them...but The UN Secretary General For World Finance ( i e my wonderful wife ) has released funding..so I'm getting both...I is a happy little chappy !!!

seltaeb
Old Sep 06, 2009, 03:43 PM   #22
Gary910
Little Child

I managed to get my wife to agree to an early anniversary gift. She is getting a 120GB iPod. Hey, whatever it takes. I am getting both box sets. She is worried that her gift is better than mine. I told her that I thought the same thing.

I have already put over 1000 songs on her iPod. I think we both are getting what we want. I can't wait. 3 more days.
Gary910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 09, 2009, 09:17 AM   #23
QuarryMan89
Apple Scruff

Send a message via AIM to QuarryMan89

Unfortunately, there won't be any remasters for me yet. I've been clamouring for these for years, too. If money wasn't an issue, I would snap up both sets immediately. However, my finances just aren't there. I'm a college student saving up for studying in England next fall, and I can't justify spending $200+ on a bunch of CDs I already own (and I got my hands on Ebbetts last year as well). In a few weeks maybe I'll splurge on a couple of the albums and get them gradually over the next year. The mini-docs don't appeal to me--I don't think it's anything we haven't seen or heard before.
As they slip away
Across the Universe...
QuarryMan89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 09, 2009, 11:12 AM   #24
coolbeanie
Dr. Robert

I just ordered "Revolver", "Sgt. Pepper's" and "The Beatles" off Amazon today. I should be getting them in a few days. :)

Almost went to Best Buy, which is the middle of nowhere where I live. I'd rather that the CDs come to me!
Old Sep 09, 2009, 04:38 PM   #25
Blackguard
Paperback Writer

I decided to go with the individual releases. The box sets might be nice; but we priced them on various websites, and noticed that many sites were already sold out of them because of all the pre orders. Also we added up the prices of the individual discs and figured it would be a little cheaper this way.

Today I bought 3 of the remasters: Magical Mystery Tour, The White Album and Past Masters.

I'm playing All You Need Is Love as I type this. Can't believe the extra clarity and all of the space between the brass instruments. The remixing is superb!
Old Sep 10, 2009, 02:28 PM   #26
BeatlesFan4life
Dr. Robert

I am going to pass on getting the beatles box sets in both Stereo and Mono because they are so expensive. I would rather get a select few of the individual remastered cds.
I already have revolver at home.
BeatlesFan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2009, 05:00 PM   #27
mccartneymaniac
Dr. Robert

Wink purchase

I bought a few as gifts. I have the re issues of the early ones and i am fine with that.I only want a few of them.
Old Sep 10, 2009, 11:25 PM   #28
El Gos Coix
Wild Honey Pie

I've already got the mono set (sent to me on 8th and received on 9th!), and I'll be buying the stereo set in a few days.

May I ask you one thing (it's probably been said over and over again, but I have been off the internet for a few weeks, and right not I haven't got the time to browse for it)? Are the individual CDs that are sold separately the same as those in the stereo box set? I mean, if I buy both sets, there isn't anything new in the individual CDs, is it? Thanks!
Old Sep 10, 2009, 11:46 PM   #29
dav-here
Sun King

Send a message via Yahoo to dav-here

I'm buying the individual stereo discs a few at a time (picked up "Revolver", "Abbey Road", and the "White Album" today), then the mono box set when I can afford it (not right now, though).
Old Sep 10, 2009, 11:54 PM   #30
dav-here
Sun King

Send a message via Yahoo to dav-here

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Gos Coix View Post
Are the individual CDs that are sold separately the same as those in the stereo box set? I mean, if I buy both sets, there isn't anything new in the individual CDs, is it? Thanks!
The individual CDs are the same ones that come in the stereo box set. The only thing you're getting "extra" in the stereo box is the DVD of all the mini documentaries that are found on the individual CDs. That, and the big black box itself.
Old Sep 11, 2009, 12:09 AM   #31
Serena

So if you own the Dr. Ebbetts remasters, are these sets necessary?

Serena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2009, 02:35 AM   #32
J van E
Nowhere Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serena View Post
So if you own the Dr. Ebbetts remasters, are these sets necessary?
No one can answer that for you. The step from Ebbetts to the remasters isn't as big as the step from the '87 cd's to the rematers, but still, there certainly are differences, although mainly in the stereo box. The mono box comes VERY close to the Ebbetts mono versions. So close that I personally cancelled my order for the mono box... also because I don't really need those little replica's of the original album art because I've got all lp's here. ;)
J van E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2009, 07:41 PM   #33
WhileMySitarWeeps
Apple Scruff

Default uhh

I bought the white album so far.. i dont have muc money and I all ready have all the non-remastered, but i really want the rest of the mono and stereo remasters. Im planning to buy the mono box set, btw, i really like the cd boxes, they feell nice.
WhileMySitarWeeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2009, 03:40 PM   #34
El Gos Coix
Wild Honey Pie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dav-here View Post
The individual CDs are the same ones that come in the stereo box set. The only thing you're getting "extra" in the stereo box is the DVD of all the mini documentaries that are found on the individual CDs. That, and the big black box itself.
Thanks a lot for your help. I've already ordered the stereo box set, but I've got time to cancel it (they haven't got it in stock right now and it's not paid for) if I do some sums and see that the separate CDs are cheaper than the box. I don't really like the big bow (I don't know whether it'll fit in the space I've got for my CDs), but I'd like to have that DVD, unless the price difference is noticeable.
Old Sep 14, 2009, 02:32 PM   #35
hibgal
Sun King

I'm going to have to buy a new White album. I really don't want to say what happened to the original release vinyl we had. It's too gruesome!

Sometimes I dream in colors
It always happens when
I find myself with others
Who don't pretend
hibgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2009, 03:26 PM   #36
MaccaGirl2891
Sun King

Send a message via AIM to MaccaGirl2891 Send a message via MSN to MaccaGirl2891 Send a message via Yahoo to MaccaGirl2891 Send a message via Skype™ to MaccaGirl2891

Quote:
Originally Posted by hibgal View Post
I'm going to have to buy a new White album. I really don't want to say what happened to the original release vinyl we had. It's too gruesome!
George Harrison - 2/25/1943--11/29/2001
Michael Joseph Jackson - 8/29/1958--6/25/2009
MaccaGirl2891 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2009, 10:48 AM   #37
Gary910
Little Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by J van E View Post
No one can answer that for you. The step from Ebbetts to the remasters isn't as big as the step from the '87 cd's to the rematers, but still, there certainly are differences, although mainly in the stereo box. The mono box comes VERY close to the Ebbetts mono versions. So close that I personally cancelled my order for the mono box... also because I don't really need those little replica's of the original album art because I've got all lp's here. ;)
I agree with you mostly. I think the new monos sound better than the Dr E. monos.

As well as you get the '65 stereos of Help! and Rubber Soul.
Gary910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2009, 01:35 AM   #38
El Gos Coix
Wild Honey Pie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hibgal View Post
The first White Album I had was my uncle's. It had been left inside a car under the sun, and the discs were warped to a degree you wouldn't believe. I've tried to find some pic to show you, but the closest I can find is this (it's not actually my record).
Old Sep 16, 2009, 08:28 AM   #39
Fighting Irish
Little Child

Getting a few at a time. No choice, since I have yet to even locate either box set. And buying the individual copies comes out to roughly the same price.

In addition, there are a few I may not get, such as "Yellow Submarine". Particularly since the 1999 version has such great mixes of the songs -- I can't even listen to the original anymore.

Kinda the same thing with "Let It Be". I actually prefer the "naked" version, though the original does have its quirky charms.
Fighting Irish is offline   Reply With Quote