BeatleLinks LogoNav Panel New Sites Cool Sites Top Rated Fab Forum Add A Site Link To Us Revolution Radio New Products

Go Back   BeatleLinks Fab Forum > Beatles Forums > Abbey Road

Old Jan 23, 2003, 07:00 PM   #1
beatlewho01-02
Wild Honey Pie

Default Showing your pride for The Beatles

What do you do or what have you done to show your pride for the Fabs in school? Today in art class, we made buttons. My buttons are The Beatles and The Who and I'll always wear them. I couldn't give a rat's heinie about those who hate them.
beatlewho01-02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2003, 07:23 PM   #2
Maggie Mae
Mr. Moonlight

Default Re: Showing your pride for The Beatles

Call me crazy, but I went out the night before school started this year and printed off different photos of the Beatles for my locker. I taped all of them on my locker door so that every time my locker is open, oh look, there's the Beatles!

The addition of two packages of purple Christmas tree tinsel hanging down from the roof of my locker for groovy ambience added something special, as well - not Beatles related, but it causes more people to stop and look!! [img]graemlins/images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]
Maggie Mae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2003, 07:41 PM   #3
beatlegirl9977
Sgt. Pepper

I have a Beatles poster hanging in the music corner of my preschool classroom. I put it up last year when we did a unit on the Beatles, and it has just never come down... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
beatlegirl9977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2003, 04:13 PM   #4
mojolawoman
Day Tripper

wearing beatle shirts every now and then, beatle pic's on my notebook for school, bumber sticker [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
mojolawoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2003, 05:01 PM   #5
beatlewho01-02
Wild Honey Pie

And how have kids at school reacted? I haven't got one yet.
Old Jan 24, 2003, 05:19 PM   #6
RubberSoul
Rocky Raccoon

All I have is a Yellow Submarine magnet in my locker... [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] Kids always say stuff like "They're old!" and "[RANDOM BAD GROUP HERE] is sooooo much better!" or "How can you like a group where half the members are dead?" (the last one really hurts me heart). But I still continue to talk about them. I did a report on John Lennon, wrote a Beatles fic for an English assignment, and regularly drag teachers into lengthy discussions about them (songs, favourite boy, etc.) It's actually rather fun.

[size="1"][ Jan 24, 2003, 06:20 PM: Message Edited By: RubberSoul ][/size]
RubberSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2003, 06:52 PM   #7
beatlewho01-02
Wild Honey Pie

Quote:
Originally Posted By RubberSoul:
"How can you like a group where half the members are dead?" (the last one really hurts me heart).
<font size="2" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">What the?!?! [img]graemlins/angry8.gif[/img] . Stupid kids!! Screw them RubberSoul, obviously they're too ignorant and stupid. Are these 14 year olds? If they are * [img]graemlins/laugh2.gif[/img] , I laugh at them right now. A comment like that shows how intelligent they are. Today, I made another button say 'And I don't care what you say'.
Old Jan 24, 2003, 08:21 PM   #8
MaccaGirl
Taxman

My school is very Beatle friendly, (Weird considering its a Catholic school...) but we have John quotes (along with Jimi Hendrix and Joan Baez) all over the halls and on during lunch on Thursday, they played the 1 album over the speakers and they play them during passing period, it rocks.
MaccaGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2003, 09:43 PM   #9
misslennon_909
Nowhere Man

Send a message via Skype™ to misslennon_909

I have a denim jacket that I customized meself. It says "BEATLES 1962-1970" on the back, and it has two members written on each sleeve. On the left, it's "JOHN LENNON RINGO STARR" and then on the right, it's "GEORGE HARRISON PAUL MCCARTNEY". [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

I get strange reactions from kids at my high school. One kid actually told me that his favorite Beatle was John Denver. I didn't think that deserved a reply. [img]graemlins/afraid3.gif[/img]

A chick told me "Duh, the Beatles are so old, like they were around when dinosaurs were." I asked her if she thought it was 73 million dinosaurs who watched the Ed Sullivan Show in '64. She didn't have anything to say. [img]graemlins/laugh2.gif[/img]
misslennon_909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2003, 05:25 AM   #10
SF4-EVER

Quote:
Originally Posted By misslennon_909:
A chick told me "Duh, the Beatles are so old, like they were around when dinosaurs were." I asked her if she thought it was 73 million dinosaurs who watched the Ed Sullivan Show in '64. She didn't have anything to say. [img]graemlins/laugh2.gif[/img]
<font size="2" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">Good one, misslennon! [img]graemlins/laugh2.gif[/img]
SF4-EVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2003, 06:31 AM   #11
Beatlesgal
Bulldog

Default Post deleted by Jerry

Beatlesgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2003, 09:54 AM   #12
AnotherGirl83
Wild Honey Pie

Great topic, it's interesting to read everyones replies!
Well, back in middle school, I once did a book report on a Beatles book [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
In high school in the States (MI) everyone was pretty tolerant and my keychain on my bag didn't bother anyone.
At my high school here in Germany, I've got my Beatles keychain with my apartment key on it, I've got lyrics and quotes on my planner and notebook and for an art project, I themed one to "Within you without you" and another to "Lucy in the sky with diamonds". Some of my friends here will see something Beatle-y in a store and say, "Oh, you like the Beatles, right?" They probably think I'm crazy, but don't say it [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
AnotherGirl83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2003, 09:57 AM   #13
AnotherGirl83
Wild Honey Pie

Quote:
Originally Posted By Beatlesgal:
I did have one problem at school. Once, my teacher thought that I said I was a "Beagle fan" lol.
<font size="2" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">[img]graemlins/laugh2.gif[/img] * [img]graemlins/laugh2.gif[/img]
Old Jan 25, 2003, 10:13 AM   #14
BrazilianFlag
Bulldog

I had to wear uniforms when I was at school, so no Beatle T-shirt for me, then. But I made up with pictures of the lads at my notebooks (so much people used to joke at me - typical...) I still have some of those!
BrazilianFlag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2003, 10:13 AM   #15
Johnny-Girl
Day Tripper

Location: Locked up in my room with John... doing naughty things.
Send a message via MSN to Johnny-Girl Send a message via Yahoo to Johnny-Girl

I used to draw them all the time in my notebooks. And write their names on everything I got my hands on. I had pictures of them on every notebook and whatever else I could put them on.
I must say though that I got a hard time for being a Beatles fan. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Nowadays... I still show my pride for the Fabs. I work as a postwoman... and my bicycle carries a huge sticker which says 'Lennon'. [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] Ain't that fab?!?!?

I also can be seen wearing Beatley t-shirts and things like that. Not to mention my room... LOL. That might scare a few people. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
Johnny-Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2003, 10:44 AM   #16
ImaginePeace78
Dr. Robert

Back in high school I'd wear a Beatles T-shirt once in a while. We weren't allowed to hang anything on our lockers in the inside. I kept a Beatles 'Apple' keychain on my backpack throughout high school and college. My dorm room was half covered with Beatles/John posters and the other half was covered with "other stuff." I didn't want people to think I was just into one thing. When people came into my room to two most common comments I got were: "I see you're a Beatles fan." I'd answer back, "Yep." and "How do you keep your room so clean?" It's not too hard to do. My old room at home had Beatles posters and pictures on the walls, some still are there, but I had to take some down. Now, I'm trying to convince my dad to put up my framed Beatles/John pictures in my "new" room. It's been a year and he hasn't done it yet.
-Kristi
ImaginePeace78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2003, 12:02 PM   #17
AnotherGirl83
Wild Honey Pie

Oh yeah, my room [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Since we just moved, I'm going to be re-decorating it, and I've got it planned out... posters, my bookshelf with Beatle books, Beatle LP's, pins... What I'll definetely have is my little "shrine" [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] set up on my cupboard, with a pic, a huge pin, and an Irish linen, plus my "Beatles Fan's Bedroom" sign on the door [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
Old Jan 25, 2003, 12:58 PM   #18
bitagirl
Bulldog

I'm going to Beatle out my room. And my semi-life art project is dedicated to the Fab 4 as long as one John Lennon! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
bitagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2003, 01:35 PM   #19
HMVNipper
Sun King

Send a message via AIM to HMVNipper

My bedroom as a teenager was a Beatle shrine...my dad used to tell people they had to take off their shoes and bow towards Liverpool before they came in!

That was probably my biggest statement -- that, and all the badges and buttons I wore all over my coat and bag...

I made quite a spectacle of myself -- not that I cared! [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
HMVNipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2003, 04:30 PM   #20
HeyBeatle
Sun King

Send a message via AIM to HeyBeatle Send a message via MSN to HeyBeatle

Quote:
Originally Posted By HMVNipper:
My bedroom as a teenager was a Beatle shrine...my dad used to tell people they had to take off their shoes and bow towards Liverpool before they came in!

That was probably my biggest statement -- that, and all the badges and buttons I wore all over my coat and bag...

I made quite a spectacle of myself -- not that I cared! [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
<font size="2" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">LOL! Bow towards Liverpool...that's hilarious. They should make signs for Beatles fans with that on it.

Spectacles are fun, I make a habit of always wearing something Beatle related and pins are one of the best ways to do that. Which reminds me of last NY Beatlefest. On the way back to my floor at one of the nearby hotels I ended up staying at, these drunk guys got into the elevator with us and one of them starts looking at me oddly. I was wearing my Beatles pins on my jacket and one said "I love George" well this guy looks at it and says "That's not George Bush is it?" as though he was disgusted, I just rolled my eyes and said "No, George Harrison". Then the man replies "Oh...Good" and got off on the next floor.
HeyBeatle is offline   Reply With Quote