BeatleLinks LogoNav Panel New Sites Cool Sites Top Rated Fab Forum Add A Site Link To Us Revolution Radio New Products

Go Back   BeatleLinks Fab Forum > Solo Forums > Crackerbox Palace

Old Nov 01, 2013, 04:50 PM   #1
Peregrine9
Sgt. Pepper

Default Big Sis Louise Harrison on George's Fab Mates

Blogs Houston Press
10/31/2013
Big Sis Louise Harrison on George's Fab Mates: "I Felt Like I Had Gotten Three More Brothers"

http://blogs.houstonpress.com/rocks/...rother_geo.php

Last edited by Peregrine9 : Nov 01, 2013 at 04:52 PM.
Peregrine9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 04, 2013, 04:41 AM   #2
beatlebangs1964

Send a message via AIM to beatlebangs1964

Lou is so adorable! She's a little French girl, all right! She is Louise French's daughter, no doubt!

If I seem to act unkind, it's only me, it's not my mind. -- George Harrison, 1966

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/c...rtc/signatures

http://www.reddit.com/r/troubledteen...aten_at_green/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7g0oiJ52Gw
beatlebangs1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2014, 03:59 PM   #3
peanut333
Wild Honey Pie

Is her older brother Harold still living? Nice articles. Her book should be interesting.
peanut333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2014, 08:50 AM   #4
beatlebangs1964

Harold is still alive. The oldest Harrison brother just turned 80 years old on July 20th.

If I seem to act unkind, it's only me, it's not my mind. -- George Harrison, 1966

Old Jul 25, 2014, 02:39 PM   #5
hibgal
Sun King

she does become taciturn once. And that's when asked if she has a relationship with sister-in-law Olivia and nephew Dhani, George's widow and son."No." she says in a tone that doesn't beg any follow up query. "No."

That's the saddest part of the whole article. Obviously George making up with Louise on his deathbed meant nothing to them.

Sometimes I dream in colors
It always happens when
I find myself with others
Who don't pretend
hibgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2014, 03:33 PM   #6
peanut333
Wild Honey Pie

That is sad, why was she and George estranged? Especially since George only has one son. I'm sure Dhani will have kids someday too.

Last edited by peanut333 : Jul 26, 2014 at 03:34 PM.
Old Jul 28, 2014, 10:57 AM   #7
hibgal
Sun King

I'm not the expert, so if anyone knows differently, please post. The 'official' version I've heard is that George felt his sister rode on his coattails and used him to make money because she opened a Beatles related B&B. If true, that's plain silly. Louise did a lot in the early years to promote her brother's band; nobody's ever quibbled about that, and never got a penny out of him or any of the Beatles for it. Yes, they would probably have got their break eventually one way or another without her, still, she did work tirelessly in their behalf. So, if you ask me, she was entitled to at least a piece of the cake but, far as is known, she never got any recompense from the group, never made director or got any share of their company, royalties or any such. In her later years, George (still estranged) did pay her a pension, which died with him.

She now manages a Beatles tribute band and in her case I do think it really is a tribute more than anything. It's evident she's very proud of her brother and what he accomplished and want it out there. Who can blame her for that? If it makes her a little money, I don't begrudge her when Olivia and Dhani sits on billions. In fact, if anyone comes out of this in bad odor it's them.

It always happens when
Who don't pretend
Old Jul 28, 2014, 04:06 PM   #8
peanut333
Wild Honey Pie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hibgal View Post
I'm not the expert, so if anyone knows differently, please post. The 'official' version I've heard is that George felt his sister rode on his coattails and used him to make money because she opened a Beatles related B&B. If true, that's plain silly. Louise did a lot in the early years to promote her brother's band; nobody's ever quibbled about that, and never got a penny out of him or any of the Beatles for it. Yes, they would probably have got their break eventually one way or another without her, still, she did work tirelessly in their behalf. So, if you ask me, she was entitled to at least a piece of the cake but, far as is known, she never got any recompense from the group, never made director or got any share of their company, royalties or any such. In her later years, George (still estranged) did pay her a pension, which died with him.

She now manages a Beatles tribute band and in her case I do think it really is a tribute more than anything. It's evident she's very proud of her brother and what he accomplished and want it out there. Who can blame her for that? If it makes her a little money, I don't begrudge her when Olivia and Dhani sits on billions. In fact, if anyone comes out of this in bad odor it's them.
I like your post. So true. I think she once took their demos to radio stations in the early days before they hit it big. I could be wrong.
Old Jul 29, 2014, 07:27 AM   #9
fellowgardener
Nowhere Man

We don't know the private details of the Harrison family. Things could have easily been said or done that only they know about.

Last edited by fellowgardener : Jul 29, 2014 at 07:29 AM.
fellowgardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2014, 01:02 PM   #10
hibgal
Sun King

Quote:
Originally Posted by fellowgardener View Post
We don't know the private details of the Harrison family. Things could have easily been said or done that only they know about.
"Said or done"! What short of physical or mental abuse could justify holding a grudge for so many years? Or is implacable resentment now a Buddhist teaching? I must be more out of touch than I thought.

Also, this is not mere speculation. Both George and Louise have said they had no contact for well over a decade (or even two). As to why, which was peanut333's question, I particularly pointed out that the reason I posted is the one I call the 'official' one, meaning it's been published in books about George and the Beatles. I didn't make it up myself. If the reason is correct, I cannot say, but that there was an estrangement is established facts, since both parties involved have made no secret of it.

It always happens when
Who don't pretend
Old Jul 30, 2014, 08:20 AM   #11
fellowgardener
Nowhere Man

I'm reading an article right now where in 2000 Louise insists that she and George were not estranged and they talked a few times a year. He started giving her an income in 1980 so she was in her late 40's by then if I have her birth date correct. Hadn't she saved any money up until then and what did she do for income after that? Did she depend solely on this money? I know people come upon hard times which is terrible but I think she still had the potential for making a living. She has a son who could help. I'd like to know who broke it to the media that her money was cut off? I'm not anti-Louise, but I think there's two sides to the story and she could have been doing something all these years to help herself in case this income stopped.
Old Jul 30, 2014, 10:57 AM   #12
larainefan
Little Child

Her son died several years ago of cancer.
larainefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2014, 01:06 PM   #13
fellowgardener
Nowhere Man

I apologize for not being up-to-date about Louise's son. I thought it was her daughter, Leslie, who was very sick. Does anyone know how she is doing now?
Old Jul 30, 2014, 09:29 PM   #14
jonesingjay

Quote:
Originally Posted by fellowgardener View Post
I'd like to know who broke it to the media that her money was cut off?
She did.
jonesingjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2014, 02:41 PM   #15
peanut333
Wild Honey Pie

Has anyone ever seen pictures of George's or any group member's nieces or nephews? I wonder if any favor their famous uncles?
Old Aug 03, 2014, 06:38 PM   #16
beatlebangs1964

Although I am fashionably late, I will add that I agree with hibgal's posts 100%

Gordon Robert Caldwell 1957 - 2010 died of colon cancer. I saw a FB picture of him. He had light hair from Lou and the deepset Harrison eyes from Harold, which all the Harrison children and some of the grandchildren inherited.

Leslie Louise, b. 1959 had her grandfather Harold's trademark Harrison eyes and brown hair. Neither of Lou's children had their grandfather's or Uncles Peter and George's wavy locks. I saw their childhood pictures in the George Harrison Fan Club Newsletter. Harry, their brother had 2 children, Paul, b. 1960 and Jan, b. 1962. Paul looks like Harold Sr. and his Uncle Peter. Jan did not inherit the Harrison eyes. As for Peter, who was a chip off the Harold block, his son Ian was the only one whose picture I saw. It was not a clear picture so I can't describe his features.

Last edited by beatlebangs1964 : Aug 03, 2014 at 06:41 PM.