BeatleLinks LogoNav Panel New Sites Cool Sites Top Rated Fab Forum Add A Site Link To Us Revolution Radio New Products

Go Back   BeatleLinks Fab Forum > Solo Forums > Red Rose Speedway

Closed Thread

Old Oct 30, 2003, 02:29 AM   #1
beatlz
Rocky Raccoon

Default McCartney baby born early

McCartney baby born early

Thursday, 30 October, 2003

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/3226379.stm

Sir Paul McCartney's wife Heather Mills has given birth to a daughter, two weeks earlier than planned.
The girl, weighing seven pounds, was delivered at a hospital in north London on Tuesday.

The baby has been named Beatrice and the parents are said to be "ecstatic".

Sir Paul, 61, who already has three grown-up children, married Mills, 35, in June 2001.

There were reports in the newspapers that the couple were celebrating the birth of a son but these were soon dismissed.

In a statement, the couple said: "She is a little beauty."

Heather's father Mark said he was delighted at the birth of his first grandchild.

The 62-year-old has fallen out with his daughter but said he hoped the new baby could bring them together again.

Proud

The new grandfather said: "This is my first one and it is a grand time for me and I love the new baby.

"I am very proud of my daughter and what she has achieved."

The couple announced in May that they were expecting a child.

Three months earlier she had told TV interviewer Michael Parkinson that there was little chance she would be able to conceive.

"The chances of me getting pregnant are about that much," she said, holding her thumb and finger an inch apart.
Old Oct 30, 2003, 02:33 AM   #2
george_on_cloud9
Sun King

Default Re: McCartney baby born early

But in Y! said that it was a Boy! I don't understand that!
Old Oct 30, 2003, 02:33 AM   #3
sourmilkpinky
Sun King

Well this is certainly a contradiction to the Daily Mirror report. Shouldn't surprise me tho. any idea on reliability of either?
Old Oct 30, 2003, 02:57 AM   #4
BrazilianFlag
Bulldog

Reuters has released a note - and they say the baby is a girl, to be named Beatrice. Now I am confused, 'cause if Reuters cannot be trusted, then I dunno what can!...

Here's the news:

Paul McCartney 'Ecstatic' Father Again at 61
Thu October 30, 2003 06:36 AM ET

By Paul Majendie
LONDON (Reuters) - Paul McCartney is a father again at the age of 61 after the former Beatle's second wife, Heather Mills, gave birth to their first child, a baby girl born three weeks early by Caesarian section.

"Both she and mum are doing well. Paul and Heather are ecstatic with the news," said a statement on Thursday from the couple after the birth of seven-pound Beatrice Milly. "She is a little beauty and we couldn't be prouder."

The one-legged model turned charity campaigner, who married the former Beatle in June last year, gave birth on Tuesday at a London hospital near the Abbey Road studios where the world's most famous pop group recorded their immortal albums.

The proud parents said: "She is named after Heather's mother Beatrice and Paul's Aunt Milly. Our immediate family were told the news right away and are all as overjoyed as we are at the early arrival of our little bundle of joy."

Initial press reports said that Mills gave birth to a boy.

McCartney has three adult children from his marriage to first wife Linda, who died of breast cancer in 1998.

Mills, 35, had always feared she could never have children because she had in the past suffered cancer of the uterus and two ectopic pregnancies.
Old Oct 30, 2003, 03:13 AM   #5
beatlz
Rocky Raccoon

it is confirmed it is a girl and her name is beatrice!
Old Oct 30, 2003, 03:21 AM   #6
beatlz
Rocky Raccoon

Baby girl for Paul and Heather Oct 30 2003

http://icliverpool.icnetwork.co.uk/0...name_page.html

by Emma Gunby, Liverpool Echo

Sir Paul McCartney was celebrating today (Thursday, October 30) after becoming a father again at the age of 61.

His wife Heather Mills gave birth to a baby girl by emergency Caesarean yesterday afternoon.

The girl - thought to be called Beatrice - was delivered at the Hospital of St John and St Elizabeth in London.

The baby had been due on November 14.

Former swimwear model Miss Mills, 35, who lost a leg in a car crash, has steel plates fitted in her hips which make natural childbirth impossible.

Macca's nephew Josh McCartney said his father Mike had called and told him about the new addition to the family.

A source at the hospital added: "Paul has been at her bedside all day. Heather is resting."

Sir Paul and Heather married in June 2002 in a fairytale wedding at a Scottish castle, they announced they were expecting their first child in May this year.

The ex-Beatle already has three children - James, 25, Mary, 33, and fashion designer Stella, 31, - by first wife Linda, who died in 1998.

He also has step daughter Heather, 39, from Linda's first marriage.

Heather's father Mark Mills, who has had a five-year-long feud with his famous daughter, is now expected to launch a legal battle in order to gain access to his new granddaughter.

Mills - who devotes her energies to anti-landmine campaigns - had feared she would be unable to have children following complications when she was younger.

She had suffered two ectopic pregnancies a number of years before meeting Sir Paul.

Mills recently described the tearful moment when she revealed she was carrying their longed-for child.

She told US chat host Larry King: "I went upstairs and he was in a meeting. I kept walking in and out of the meeting because I had done the test and it was positive.

"He kept looking at me, thinking 'She's not normally like this'. I was going 'are you finished yet? Are you finished yet?'.

"Then he came out and I showed him the test and he just went 'Oh'. We both started crying and it was just a miracle."

The couple's last public appearance was at the UK premiere screening of a tribute concert for George Harrison in London earlier this month. She wore a long burgundy crushed velvet gown which showed off her bump.

SEND your congratulations to Macca, Heather and their new baby using the special messageboard by clicking here...

http://icliverpool.icnetwork.co.uk/m...l&siteid=50061
Old Oct 30, 2003, 03:35 AM   #7
beatlz
Rocky Raccoon

read that her full name is BEATRICE MILLY MCCARTNEY. milly is heather's mum's name.
Old Oct 30, 2003, 07:35 AM   #8
Feef_The_Hippy
Rocky Raccoon

Send a message via AIM to Feef_The_Hippy Send a message via MSN to Feef_The_Hippy

Was she born on Tuesday or yesterday? [img]graemlins/images/icons/confused.gif[/img]
Old Oct 30, 2003, 11:36 PM   #9
beatlebangs1964

Send a message via AIM to beatlebangs1964

According to news sources, she was born on Tuesday.

Since there is a longer related thread, this one will be closed. First, congratulations to the proud parents of Heather Millie McCartney!
Closed Thread