BeatleLinks LogoNav Panel New Sites Cool Sites Top Rated Fab Forum Add A Site Link To Us Revolution Radio New Products

Go Back   BeatleLinks Fab Forum > Solo Forums > Goodnight Vienna

Old Dec 23, 2007, 10:35 AM   #1
Esmirelda
Sun King

Default Win the chance to see Ringo in style

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liver...0252-20276047/

Win the chance to see Ringo in style

Dec 21 2007 by Michelle Fiddler, Liverpool Echo
Ringo Starr

ONE lucky 08 Card holder is today being given the unique opportunity to win a once in a lifetime prize to celebrate the launch of 2008.

A pair of tickets and VIP access is available for the Capital of Culture opening ceremony featuring Ringo Starr at the ECHO Arena Liverpool.

And entering could not be more straightforward. All you have to do is log on to www.08card.co.uk and providing you have an activated 08 Card or apply for an 08 Card you will be entitled to enter this fabulous competition.

As part of the prize on January 12, the winner and their guest will also be treated to a night’s accommodation and breakfast at the Radisson Hotel in the city centre.

Carl Speight, Commercial Director of Livesmart, which launched the 08 Card together with other partners in the city, said: “This is a once in a lifetime chance for an 08 Card holder to win tickets to the opening ceremony and to see Ringo Starr live on stage.

“This is just one of the fantastic examples of the benefits of owning an 08 Card. This is the start of many more superb offers which will follow during Capital of Culture year in Liverpool. Remember you need to activate your 08 Card first, so if you’ve got one in your pocket, lying around at home or in the office and have not yet activated it, what better time to do it.”

The closing date for entries is noon on January 4.

Further details about the 08 Card are available from: www.08card.co.uk or by calling: 0845 271 08 08.
Old Jan 01, 2008, 02:24 PM   #2
lennonluvr9
Sun King

Send a message via MSN to lennonluvr9

Oh wow, I sure wish i could win that....

"Logic?? My God, the man's talking about logic. We're talking about universal Armageddon!" Dr. McCoy, Wrath of Khan
lennonluvr9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2008, 12:59 AM   #3
Beatle_soul
Dr. Robert

Me too! too bad I don't live in the UK.
Maybe someday I will meet Ringo. Well....not meet him but get an autograph or a letter from him. I know Randy Bachman (I have been to his music studio and almost applied for a job there) . He lives less than 20 minutes away from my house. I'm thinking of sending him a letter and asking him to write to Ringo for me. Randy doesn't know me but he knows of me. I do a lot of art production with The Beatles and my dream one day is for Ringo to see what I do.
According to the owner of "Barbs buns" years ago Ringo and Barbara came to Salt Spring Island and had a cup of tea at Barbs Buns (Where my artwork just got put up just today). I assume He was visiting Randy. But this was a long time before I moved to Salt Spring and became a Beatles fan and before I even stated doing Beatles artwork.

Off topic yes. But I tend to ramble on. Randy Bachman is great guy. He funded and inspired the community to start a fund raiser for an indoor pool that will almost be ready for the community in the spring. He has made so many famines on Salt Spring island happy.

Last edited by Beatle_soul : Jan 12, 2008 at 01:01 AM.
Beatle_soul is offline   Reply With Quote