BeatleLinks LogoNav Panel New Sites Cool Sites Top Rated Fab Forum Add A Site Link To Us Revolution Radio New Products

Go Back   BeatleLinks Fab Forum > Solo Forums > Menlove Avenue

Old Aug 04, 2010, 01:03 AM   #1
ABCKO
Old Brown Shoe

Default When. where and why was the last time...

... John saw Paul, George and Ringo (I don't mean all three at once, I mean each one of them) and by "saw", I mean in person, not on the phone ect

Ringo, late November 1980 (I have the dates somewhere), at The Dakota I do believe, as Ringo had come over to discuss songs that John was working on for Ringo's next LP.

Paul, mid 1970's at The Dakota (that time where Paul was said to have just dropped-in) ?

George, 1974, New York, before and after George's show at Madison Cube Garden ? John was supposed to join George on stage, but they had a nasty argument before that show thus John didn't go up and play but after the show (at a party ?), the two of them did a radio interview together (anyone know what was said during that interview ?).

While I'm at it, did John ever go back to England after moving to New York (I don't recall reading/hearing that he had) ? ... wasn't he planning to go back, when he was killed ?
ABCKO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 04, 2010, 10:57 AM   #2
Maia 66
Sun King

^ Off the top of my head (I'm at work and can't check references), I think that's pretty accurate.

And, NO... John never went back to England after moving to NYC in 1971. He traveled all over the world on those "head in a southeasterly direction" superstitious voyages that Yoko sent him on, but he never went to the UK. (hmmmm... ) Kinda sad, actually.

All I want is the truth
Just give me some truth...

Maia 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 04, 2010, 10:12 PM   #3
biglou114
Bulldog

Send a message via AIM to biglou114

I remember hearing that John and George met up during Monty Python's gigs at the Hollywood Bowl in '79.

"I've learned from my mistakes and I'm sure I can repeat them exactly." - Peter Cook
biglou114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 04, 2010, 10:29 PM   #4
ABCKO
Old Brown Shoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maia 66 View Post
^ Off the top of my head (I'm at work and can't check references), I think that's pretty accurate.

And, NO... John never went back to England after moving to NYC in 1971. He traveled all over the world on those "head in a southeasterly direction" superstitious voyages that Yoko sent him on, but he never went to the UK. (hmmmm... ) Kinda sad, actually.
I was just going to say, now that you mention that, when Yoko "sent" John off to his "lost weekend", why didn't he go back to England instead of L.A...

... but I've just remembered the visa problems he was having, like Chaplin in 1952, John might not have been let back in the USA, had he left the country.

Ah, but wait... when did he make that trip to Japan, with Yoko, to meet her parents ?
ABCKO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 05, 2010, 06:23 AM   #5
KEROUAC
Apple Scruff

That is a good point. I always assumed the reason Lennon never returned to England was he was worried he wouldn't be let back into America but I'd forgotten he made those trips.

Have any of the songs John was working on for Ringo (Peace and Love © ) survived?

Last edited by KEROUAC : Aug 05, 2010 at 06:24 AM.
KEROUAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 05, 2010, 09:38 AM   #6
Maia 66
Sun King

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABCKO View Post
Ah, but wait... when did he make that trip to Japan, with Yoko, to meet her parents ?
In 1976 John physically received his "green card," which granted him permanent resident alien status in the U.S. and allowed him to travel out of the country. He did his visits to Japan and all those other trips (South Africa, Hong Kong, etc.) after that. His first visit to Japan with Yoko was in 1977, I believe.

Why he never went back to the UK is a source of some controversy, although I think we can all pretty much deduce the most likely reason...

All I want is the truth
Just give me some truth...

Maia 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 06, 2010, 03:29 AM   #7
Legs
Sun King

Quote:
Originally Posted by KEROUAC View Post
Have any of the songs John was working on for Ringo (Peace and Love © ) survived?
There are demos for the song "Life begins at 40" .
Legs is offline   Reply With Quote