BeatleLinks LogoNav Panel New Sites Cool Sites Top Rated Fab Forum Add A Site Link To Us Revolution Radio New Products

Go Back   BeatleLinks Fab Forum > Beatles Forums > Abbey Road

Old Jan 12, 2007, 10:17 PM   #2
beatlebangs1964

Send a message via AIM to beatlebangs1964

I don't like the picture with the sickening p****gram or the horns on the Fabs. Maybe it's just my aversion for things occult, but the picture really bothered me.

The songs are good and the send up titles are kinda clever.

If I seem to act unkind, it's only me, it's not my mind. -- George Harrison, 1966

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/c...rtc/signatures

http://www.reddit.com/r/troubledteen...aten_at_green/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7g0oiJ52Gw
beatlebangs1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2007, 07:15 AM   #3
~beatlesfan_linzy~
Day Tripper

Talking

It's funny! I like "Lovely Retard"
Old Jan 13, 2007, 07:19 AM   #4
BadLittleKid
Paperback Writer

Interesting, to say the least.

- Biggles
BadLittleKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2007, 07:48 AM   #5
beatlebangs1964

Send a message via AIM to beatlebangs1964

Kid, does "interesting" mean you didn't like it?

While the spoof on titles was funny and the arrangements convincing sounding with some darker sounds in the background, I just hate and fear the occult and find the picture very disturbing. I have a feeling, a feeling deep inside oh yeah that George would not have liked that either.

If I seem to act unkind, it's only me, it's not my mind. -- George Harrison, 1966

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/c...rtc/signatures

http://www.reddit.com/r/troubledteen...aten_at_green/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7g0oiJ52Gw
beatlebangs1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2007, 08:53 AM   #6
~beatlesfan_linzy~
Day Tripper

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatlebangs1964 View Post

While the spoof on titles was funny and the arrangements convincing sounding with some darker sounds in the background, I just hate and fear the occult and find the picture very disturbing. I have a feeling, a feeling deep inside oh yeah that George would not have liked that either.
He probably wouldn't have.
Old Jan 13, 2007, 10:26 AM   #7
BadLittleKid
Paperback Writer

Kid does not like.

- Biggles
BadLittleKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2007, 10:38 AM   #8
AndersonCouncill
Taxman

Maybe it's my cynical nature, my disdain for " the war, for the USA, and for everyone that supports this stupid act.", and the fact that I interpret many Beatles songs that are often seen as happy as being dark (like "She Loves You" or "I Saw Her Standing There"), but I'm downloading it right now, and I think I'll like it. I have yet to hear "Love" or this, but I'm guessing I'll personally like this better.
Old Jan 13, 2007, 10:41 AM   #9
AndersonCouncill
Taxman

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatlebangs1964 View Post

Tue, perhaps, but I'm quite certain John would've loved it...
Old Jan 13, 2007, 11:25 AM   #10
62hofner

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndersonCouncill View Post
Maybe it's my cynical nature, my disdain for " the war, for the USA, and for everyone that supports this stupid act.", .
Having disdain for the entire U.S.A. is rather imprudent, Anderson... kind'a bunching the entire country all together, no? If you've got a beef with certain leaders of this country, then fine.

But, don't knock the country that saved your guys' arses on more than one occasion!
:

Sorry, I know this has nothing to do with the topic at hand. But it bugs the **** outta me - all this anti-U.S. sentiment these days! Sorry that we ousted an evil dictator and are attempting to rebuild Iraq in the face an evil that the world has never seen before. My upstairs neighbor is an Iraq veteran... he told me that some of the things they found while his unit was over there - signs of the Hussein regime's brutality - alone, justified our going over there.
62hofner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2007, 11:32 AM   #11
Loony_leo
Bulldog

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndersonCouncill View Post
Tue, perhaps, but I'm quite certain John would've loved it...
Yeah I get the feeling John would have loved it too!!

I haven't downloaded it yet, maybe next weekend when I am not so bogged down with pointless and inane assignments for school. However I did find the cover kind of funny. I know alot of kids who brand themselves as EMO or Punk or whatever, and I just thought it was kind of funny to see the lover cover twisted into something like that, a kind of parody of that culture.

Does anyone else agree that with the horns on their heads the beatles look more like Batman? lol
Old Jan 13, 2007, 11:50 AM   #12
AndersonCouncill
Taxman

Quote:
Originally Posted by 62hofner View Post
Having disdain for the entire U.S.A. is rather imprudent, Anderson... kind'a bunching the entire country all together, no? If you've got a beef with certain leaders of this country, then fine.

But, don't knock the country that saved your guys' arses on more than one occasion!
:

Sorry, I know this has nothing to do with the topic at hand. But it bugs the **** outta me - all this anti-U.S. sentiment these days! Sorry that we ousted an evil dictator and are attempting to rebuild Iraq in the face an evil that the world has never seen before. My upstairs neighbor is an Iraq veteran... he told me that some of the things they found while his unit was over there - signs of the Hussein regime's brutality - alone, justified our going over there.
No. Because it wasn't our place. That's Imperialism. There was little to no connection between the Iraqi government and Al Quieda and George W. Bush manipulated the public's mourning and fear for his own vendetta. I mean, let's say that hypothetically Cuba went after one of the nearby military dictators in South America? The US would not be backing Cuba, because of the economic system, they would be backing the military dictator, who runs plantations and gets payed from free-market cheap labor establishments (all part of Capitalism). The US would call Cuba's actions a "takeover" but when we went to Iraq it was "liberation". I'm not defending or justifying Hussein, and I mean no disrespect to the troops in Iraq, I know many personally, but that's not the point.

ANd I don't have a problem with Americans as people, I'm one of them, but I do have a problem with the American government, not just hte leaders, the whole economic system.

And this is not the right place at all to have this conversation, I might add.
Old Jan 13, 2007, 12:10 PM   #13
Legs
Sun King

It's interesting, as in interesting.
But not really for me, I think love is good but I don't need any unoficial mash ups. Listened to it, but I'll delete the mp3 files again.

And please stay on topic, any discusions about war, politics George W. Bush etc should go to "Here There and Everywhere".
Legs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2007, 01:16 PM   #14
VersusBatman
Sun King

I don't like the title and like, BB I'm scared of the occult.

It looks like they just put a whole lotta movies in a blender and turned it on really fast. - Myster Science Theater 3000

"They're dead grotty!" - George Harrison

Comic Book Guy: But, Aquaman, you cannot marry a woman without gills. You're from two different worlds... Oh, I've wasted my life. - The Simpsons
VersusBatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2007, 01:35 PM   #15
beatles fan
Sun King

I didn't mind it actually! ones like "whats the new mary jane" or whatever wasn't!

but again, they were intresting takes of the songs! I like the way they slow things down and what not!
I found the arugument on the last song intresting! who was that between?

"Hi i'm John Lennon and I play the guitar and sometimes I play the fool"- Live at the BBC

http://www.jpgr.co.uk/r6213_c.jpg
beatles fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2007, 05:37 PM   #16
Harb83
Co-Admin Geezer

I've downloaded a copy and plan to listen to it soon, but from what I've heard it isn't really that good.

But tis just my humble opinion.
Harb83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2007, 07:01 PM   #17
Serena

i think this album was made to sort of promote anti-war. some of these i like, and i don't think were mixed up well. i thought the cover was funny, kinda cute in a way.

also, you can listen to the tracks without downloading them. just clicks the song.
Serena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2007, 07:14 PM   #18
AndersonCouncill
Taxman

Some of the titles (like "Horny Pie" and "Lovely Retard") were really immature, and the latter quite offensive, however, I also must say that the concept behind "Horny Pie" was quite brilliant in a political way.

Some of this actually sort of resembles Pink Floyd around the period Roger was starting to take over (IE, "The Final Cut")
Old Jan 14, 2007, 09:24 AM   #19
ringo_girl87
Nowhere Man

Send a message via MSN to ringo_girl87 Send a message via Yahoo to ringo_girl87

Just reading the titles of the songs, it's obvious that whoever made it is anti-war and it even says it's an album to despise, lol. I read the title "I'm Nuking You" and laughed, I have yet to download and listen to anything, but i have a feeling that it's intended to make you laugh and maybe think. I just hope people don't continue biting each other's heads off on the forum, it scares me

Last edited by ringo_girl87 : Jan 14, 2007 at 09:27 AM.
ringo_girl87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2007, 09:31 AM   #20
AndersonCouncill
Taxman

Really? I think as long as all parties keep a level head, it's perfectly healthy.

Anyways, initially, I quite enjoyed this but, after listening to it for a while, it just made me sad. Obviously, it's a negative album, and I found it depressing. I'm a depressed sort as it is, that's part of the reason I love The Beatles so much, they make me happy. This was intriguing, and I enjoyed the politics of it, but I need to go out and get Love soon, because after immersing myself in this bootleg for much of yesterday, I find myself exhausted with anxiety this morning.