BeatleLinks LogoNav Panel New Sites Cool Sites Top Rated Fab Forum Add A Site Link To Us Revolution Radio New Products

Go Back   BeatleLinks Fab Forum > Beatles Forums > Bootleg Network

Old Apr 17, 2007, 12:03 PM   #1
Revolution1999
Dr. Robert

Default Kum Back And O.P.D.

I Just Burned A CD Of Two Beatlelegs Off The Internet:Kum(I'ts Spelled That Way On The Bootleg) Back & O.P.D. On Kum Back There Is A 59 Second Never Before Heard On An Offical Record Beatles Song Called "The Walk".Has Anybody Else Heard About These Bootlegs Or That Song "The Walk"? And How Rare Is It?(So I Can Be Really Happy That I Got A Beatles Thing That Probally No One Else In My State Owns!)

Last edited by Revolution1999 : Apr 17, 2007 at 12:07 PM.
Revolution1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2007, 12:41 PM   #2
Legs
Sun King

Maybe you got something no-one else in your street has.
Legs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2007, 03:18 PM   #3
AMBOISVERT
Dr. Robert

Well, you can be excited 'cos The Walk does seem to be a moderately rare track. It's a personal favorite of mine. But you know, as for owning the Bootleg, it is only stuff, y'know. If it makes you happy to own it, that's great. As a book and record collector I can totally understand the impulse and the pleasure that it brings. But in the end, it doesn't define you, your fandom, anything else. Enjoy the music: that's what it's all about.

Tony

AMBOISVERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2007, 04:58 PM   #4
Revolution1999
Dr. Robert

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMBOISVERT View Post
Well, you can be excited 'cos The Walk does seem to be a moderately rare track. It's a personal favorite of mine. But you know, as for owning the Bootleg, it is only stuff, y'know. If it makes you happy to own it, that's great. As a book and record collector I can totally understand the impulse and the pleasure that it brings. But in the end, it doesn't define you, your fandom, anything else. Enjoy the music: that's what it's all about.

Tony

yea, But Ive Never Listened To Any Bootlegs Before! So Maybe Thats Why Im Excited!Bootlegs Arent Always Great Either! I Love Their Actual Albums More Than The Bootlegs.

Last edited by Revolution1999 : Apr 17, 2007 at 05:36 PM.
Revolution1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2007, 05:40 PM   #5
AMBOISVERT
Dr. Robert

Well then cheers! I love Bootlegs, but (for the Beatles at least) you are quite right that they are usually not as good as the finished records. Still, I love the variety that different takes of the same song provide. You must forgive us, Rev, if we seem a bit jaded at times. Your enthusiasm is commendable.

Tony

AMBOISVERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2007, 06:21 PM   #6
Serena

it can be found on numerous bootlegs, so i wouldn't say it's rare. but to a person that's not too familiar with unreleased recordings, it's all rare.

Last edited by Serena : Apr 17, 2007 at 06:23 PM.
Serena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2007, 09:20 PM   #7
Legs
Sun King

What Tony and Serena says.
It's great discovering these "new" tracks, listening to bootlegs for the first time. But with the posibility of downloading mp3 files from the internet, nothing is really rare anymore.
Legs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2007, 10:38 AM   #8
IFeelFine
Little Child

I remember some of the first Beatles bootlegs I heard and I was so excited (Budokan 1966 and BBC radio sessions).

Now with the internet and the fact that there is a really good community of Beatles fans willing to share (thanks Legs for the 1964 Big Night Out recordings you sent me a while ago), the only stuff that's rare now is the really rare and the mythical.

But welcome to a group of desperate people who would lose a big piece of purpose in life if we had everything there was to have by the Beatles!
IFeelFine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2007, 10:55 AM   #9
BadLittleKid
Paperback Writer

I put all my versions of She Loves You (releases, remixes and live performances) into same bunch and I reached number 40. I did reach number 22 when I was listening to them in order, then a nausea struck.

- Biggles

Last edited by BadLittleKid : Apr 19, 2007 at 10:56 AM. Reason: saying some more.
BadLittleKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2007, 05:23 PM   #10
AmericanBeatle
Day Tripper

That's how I feel when Revolution #9 starts up. LOL!

Anyway, finding something that is "new" is always a thrill. I remember when Leave My Kitten Alone was all the rage years ago. How cool was that to hear a "new" tune from the Boys (even if it wasn't new to most)?

Of course, it seems like every other month, someone is coming out with some more unknown Beatles stuff. Sooner or later that well has got to be tapped dry. (But, hopefully, not in my lifetime)Ha!
Old Apr 23, 2007, 01:10 AM   #11
BadLittleKid
Paperback Writer

The majority of those bootlegs are sourced from John Barrett tapes, and then there are the lost reels from Get Back sessions, and a truckload of production acetates. In addition to this there are the live performances in various qualities.

And then you can remix the material again and again. Perhaps someone should analyse what is really needed?

- Biggles
BadLittleKid is offline   Reply With Quote