BeatleLinks LogoNav Panel New Sites Cool Sites Top Rated Fab Forum Add A Site Link To Us Revolution Radio New Products

Go Back   BeatleLinks Fab Forum > Beatles Forums > Abbey Road

Old Mar 16, 2006, 07:07 AM   #41
Maxine
Dr. Robert

My favorite has always been Jane Asher. She's beautiful and smart and knew what she wanted. My second choice is Cynthia Lennon.
Maxine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2006, 08:11 AM   #42
gberman
Day Tripper

First of all, you've got to love Pattie. Gorgeous, and as far as I know, quite sweet. 'Can't blame Eric Clapton for having been painfully in love with her while she was with George (why, then, did EC screw it up later?).
I've also always liked Cynthia a lot. She put up with so much when married to John, but kept her dignity and loyalty.
Jane Asher was gorgeous, smart, and independent--possibly too good for Paul?
Linda got respect rather late in the game, unfortunately. She was attacked mercilessly during the Wings years for having no musical talent and just tagging along with Paul's band, but--call me crazy--her backing vocals on "Another Day" always sounded damn good to me. Like many others who have posted here, I thought she was very attractive. Being a veggie and animal lover made her even more praise-worthy.
Maureen...we hardly knew ye...
Yoko...I've really tried hard to like her through the years, but it just never happened. John may have loved her, but that doesn't mean the rest of us have to. There was something almost freakish about their relationship--just too, too obsessive and all-consuming. I just can't relate to her on any level.
gberman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2006, 08:00 AM   #43
Marmalade Skies
Sun King

Quote:
Originally Posted by gberman
Yoko...I've really tried hard to like her through the years, but it just never happened. John may have loved her, but that doesn't mean the rest of us have to. There was something almost freakish about their relationship--just too, too obsessive and all-consuming. I just can't relate to her on any level.
You're right about making anyone like her, though I've always liked Yoko even before I started into the Beatles. I had been reading up on the Fluxus movement and her name came up a lot, so I just found her that way. I really dont think many people can really relate to her, but that doesnt mean they cant respect her, you know?
Marmalade Skies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2006, 10:16 AM   #44
beatles fan
Sun King

I guess i'd say Linda mcCartney, seemed to be a lovely women, paul loved her to bits, plus she was a member of wings.

"Hi i'm John Lennon and I play the guitar and sometimes I play the fool"- Live at the BBC

http://www.jpgr.co.uk/r6213_c.jpg
beatles fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2006, 05:17 AM   #45
hsieh
Fool On The Hill

my fave is yoko ono. she is intelligent and a good artist. i think linda was very pretty. some pics of her in the 70s and 80s are not so great but i think that is because she is not photogenic in them.
hsieh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2006, 11:26 AM   #46
pattiboyd's slave
Sgt. Pepper

Pattie's a nice girl, eats her veggies always says please before snapping your photo.
Cynthia is nice too, low-carb fantatic I hear, insists on writing is her choosen career.
Maureen, never a nicer lass, lovely skin tone, pretty smile, let Ringo have his own room. Rest her beautiful soul.
Linda is the best but I'm partial to hip Rock photographers who are lovely enough to bag themselves a Beatle.
Yoko is my main Woman, I go for the avant-garde type, always have, always will, nothing artificial about Yoko she tells it like it is, I appreciate any woman that could make John get down to the Nitty-Grrrittty!
Jane Asher a sweet woman, liked her brother Peter better since he was able to swing James Taylor a deal with Apple records and she couldn't. Still, a very sweet woman.
Barbara Bach Starr, lovely lovely woman, heart of gold, soul of a poetess, likes long walks along the beach in the moonlight (or so I read in Rolling Stone), loved her in Broad Street, when are you gonna let her do more movies Ringo?
Old Mar 27, 2006, 12:26 PM   #47
VEP
Fool On The Hill

Patti- the prettiest Yoko- most intellectual Maureen - cute most devoted wife who stayed up late preparing Ringo a nice dinner for when he returned from a late Beatles' session.
VEP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2006, 01:00 PM   #48
Lucy

Send a message via AIM to Lucy Send a message via MSN to Lucy
Talking Long drawn out deliberation...

Hmmmm this is a tough one...
I love Jane Asher...have any of you guys read her books? She is a great writer. I also think she is a very talented actress...I saw her a few years back in "Festen" on stage in the West End which was wonderful. As the young Beatle-Girlfriend I also admire her as she was independant and famous in her own right rather than suckling off Paul's fame to fuel her career. I would have loved to have seen what their kiddies would have looked like! What beauties they might have been!!!!

On the other hand, I ADORE Linda...I think what she did for animals and vegetarianism was incredible - I'm sure a lot of animals owe their lives to her! I also love her image as a totally natural yet beautiful woman/wife/mother and artist. They were such a great couple. I love her work and think of her as a bit of an icon.

I think Cynthia is wonderful. When I met her last year, she was every bit as any of you would imagine - lovely and softly spoken and smiley. I think she has been dignified and gracious in her dealings with John's memory. I think she is so often over-looked as some tart that John didn't give a stuff about when actually there is a lot more to it than that.

Turning to Yoko, I do have a soft spot for her also. I know I must be sounding like a bit of a name-dropper here but when I saw her give her "Onochord" performance/lecture here in 2004, I was really moved by her. She came across really well and everything she said made such sense to me. I have seen a few of her recent exhibitions and I like some of her work...it is certainly thought-provoking. Of course I don't agree with everything she has done/does but I really do have plenty of time for her.

I think Patti was the perfect girlfriend/wife for George as she was the epitome of the Swinging Sixties...don't you reckon????!!!!! They were such a great couple when they were together...although they did meet a bit of a sad end. I love all the wonderful outfits she is always wearing in photos of her throughout the 60's. And they always looked so loved up...my mind drifts to the cute wedding pic of them touching noses...awwwwwwwwww!!!

Olivia also come across as a very gracious and beautiful woman...I got a look at her at the Concert for George and her hair was as sleek and shiny in person as it is in pictures! I think that their beautiful son Dhani adds to her appeal...not that this is a point allocating exercise but you know what I mean!!!

I think Maureen was lovely. Again obviously I am just going from what i have seen/read and not from personal experience but I think she was perfect for Ringo at that time in his life. Not to say that she was mousey or homely or anything because I think she was actually very glam and beautiful but she was able to be there for Ringo in that way that another girl might not have been able. And Babs is great too.

I really can't say who is tops for me. I like some more than others but find it too hard to pick one.
Lucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2006, 08:07 AM   #49
beatlelvrdeb
Fool On The Hill

Probably Patti & Jane early but I developed a lot of love and respect for Linda.
She did what she had to keep her man Paul happy, she learned and helped him in his business. She traveled, along with their children, with Paul and showed sincere interest in what he was doing.
And being a vegetarian myself I have great admiration for both Linda & Paul for their devotion to this cause.
Has anyone noticed how much Heather Mills resembles Jane Asher? Very odd... too bad Paul can't hook up with Jane again now that he is single again. But I think she is married
beatlelvrdeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2006, 05:09 PM   #50
Cardboard.canvas
Little Child

Send a message via AIM to Cardboard.canvas Send a message via MSN to Cardboard.canvas Send a message via Yahoo to Cardboard.canvas

Linda all the way. There's something about her personality, and you can just pick up on what an amazing woman she was! And yes, I think she is very pretty, but I love that she wasn't all "drop-dead gorgeuous." Paul had his pick, and he chose her because she was great. And you can just tell that they were meant to be. Everytime I see another girl with Paul, I get mad with jealousy (I heart paul much! haha) but Linda and Paul are so great together that it makes me happy when I see them. Especially during the Something video with Martha haha

"I am alive and well and unconcerned about the rumors of my death. But if I were dead, I would be the last to know."
- Paul McCartney, 1969
Cardboard.canvas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2006, 05:20 PM   #51
Cardboard.canvas
Little Child

Send a message via AIM to Cardboard.canvas Send a message via MSN to Cardboard.canvas Send a message via Yahoo to Cardboard.canvas

Quote:
Originally Posted by VersusBatman
IMO, I don't think perfect teeth exist. I think it's all photo manipulated.
I'm currently going through the most painful orthodontic work. I haven't slept for the past two nights because it hurts so bad! I think they want to kill me!!!!

::sniff:: I hadn't made the progress I should have, so they're trying to do in a few weeks what is usually done in months!

When I first got them I also had to have a Palatal Expansion Appliance..sooooo painful. I wish I lived in Britain where I could've just left my teeth alone AND had character!

"I am alive and well and unconcerned about the rumors of my death. But if I were dead, I would be the last to know."
- Paul McCartney, 1969
Cardboard.canvas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2006, 08:48 PM   #52
beatlebangs1964

Send a message via AIM to beatlebangs1964

Each one of these women played important parts in Beatle/cultural history. They inspired some of the most beautiful love songs, e.g. "Things We Said Today," "Oh, Yoko," "Just Another Day," "Dark Sweet Lady" to name a few. They each had an important place in the lives of the Beatles, so to be fair about it I can't claim a favorite. They helped bring out the loving best part in each Beatle, which in turn had positive impacts on their [wives/girlfriends & Beatles] lives. Each woman had a lot of really good qualities and each one of them is an important person in her own right.

If I seem to act unkind, it's only me, it's not my mind. -- George Harrison, 1966

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/c...rtc/signatures

http://www.reddit.com/r/troubledteen...aten_at_green/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7g0oiJ52Gw
beatlebangs1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2006, 08:17 AM   #53
erinluv182
Taxman

Send a message via AIM to erinluv182

Cynthia is my favorite, definitely! I think I just relate to her. She's down to earth and normal,and her personality is similar to mine. I admire her and I'll admit to wishing she and John had never split up! Even though John harshly said later that Yoko was his first love, I don't buy that for a second.

Nipping at Cyn's heels in a close second are Linda, Patti and Olivia. I just have incredible respect for those women. And Maureen and Barbara are pretty cool too. Jane was ok, but not much of a match for Paul. She was neat in her own right and I don't want to take anything away from her as a person, but I just don't think they made such a great couple.

Once you go Macca, you never go bacca.
erinluv182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2006, 06:28 PM   #54
AmericanBeatle
Day Tripper

Quote:
Originally Posted by VersusBatman
I must be one of the few people who didn't think Linda was ugly.
Nope, I didn't think she was ugly at all. . .although, the actress they had play her in the Linda McCartney movie certainly was a bit prettier.

As far as the girls go, I'd have to side with Sir Paul. The man had taste. First, Jane Asher, then Linda Eastman. You gotta love strong, beautiful women.
Old Jul 29, 2006, 06:10 PM   #55
beatlebangs1964

Send a message via AIM to beatlebangs1964

I have never thought Linda was ugly. In fact, I think she was very pretty.

If I seem to act unkind, it's only me, it's not my mind. -- George Harrison, 1966

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/c...rtc/signatures

http://www.reddit.com/r/troubledteen...aten_at_green/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7g0oiJ52Gw
beatlebangs1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2006, 02:16 AM   #56
jezzyjess
Fool On The Hill

Default Pattie!

Definitely Pattie. She was an inspirational and beautiful person who loved George and continued to love him until the day he died.

jezzyjess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 01, 2006, 05:08 AM   #57
Mccartney-rocks
Apple Scruff

Send a message via AIM to Mccartney-rocks Send a message via MSN to Mccartney-rocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatle Corinne
I would say Linda, followed by Cynthia
i agree 100%
Old Aug 26, 2006, 10:40 AM   #58
John Cee
Day Tripper

If this is asking "which Beatle lady did you think was the prettiest?", I'd probably have to say Patti. But if the question is "which one would you wish was your own lady?", I'd probably say either Olivia or Maureen. First of all, I always thought both were very attractive looking women. As well, Olivia struck me as a very strong individual and a loving partner. Maureen had an innocent beauty that I thought was bewitching. If indeed George was swept away by her and had an affair while they were both still married (and btw, no one who has reported this, starting with former Epstein flunky Peter Brown, has ever backed it up with any evidence -- in her latest book, Cynthia said the affair was AFTER Mo's split with Ringo), I can understand the attraction.
As for the Beatle lady I most admired, it was undoubtedly Linda. The one I had most sympathy for is Cynthia (she was NEVER the right partner for John).

I've got nothing to say, but it's okay!
GOOD MORNING!
GOOD MORNING!!
GOOD MORNING!!!
John Cee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2006, 11:32 AM   #59
Miss Wendy Winters
Wild Honey Pie

I've always looked up to Linda, she always struck me as the type who could hang with the boys. She was a great rock photographer and of course a member of Wings! She was independent and a free spirit, and didn't seem to care what people said about her, and I really admire that.

But I adore Pattie and Jane for their style. I take most of my fashion cues from them. I even went for a brighter shade of red cause I love Jane's hair and even brought a picture of Pattie in when I got it cut! hehe And Pattie's gap rocks! I have one, and she made me love mine!
Old Aug 26, 2006, 11:47 AM   #60
Loony_leo
Bulldog

Olivia and Linda.

Olivia because, well she's always just so dignified and seems like such a sweet lady. SHe was a perfect match for the oh so mystical, and awesome, George.

Linda, because the love she and Paul had was so strong and beautiful. It had such such a sad ending though, I'm tearing up just typing this, lol. Then again, I've always been a sap for love stories.

Last edited by Loony_leo : Aug 26, 2006 at 11:49 AM.
Loony_leo is offline   Reply With Quote