BeatleLinks LogoNav Panel New Sites Cool Sites Top Rated Fab Forum Add A Site Link To Us Revolution Radio New Products

Go Back   BeatleLinks Fab Forum > Beatles Forums > I Read The News Today

Old Apr 01, 2006, 05:21 AM   #1
biglou114
Bulldog

Send a message via AIM to biglou114
Default Beatles siblings to launch 'Here Comes The Sons' tour - Trick Alert! Be on Guard!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbeyrd's Beatle Page

Beatles siblings to launch 'Here Comes The Sons' tour

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(4/1/06)
While a Beatles reunion concert is sadly out of the question, Beatle fans may just get the next best thing: Julian & Sean Lennon, James McCartney, Dhani Harrison, and Zak & Jason Starkey are getting together for a series of concerts this summer.

Calling their outing the 'Here Comes The Sons' 2006 Tour, the surprising Beatles siblings "reunion" came about when Julian Lennon visited Friar Park, the home of the late George Harrison, at the request of Dhani Harrison and his mother Olivia, Harrison's widow. Olivia had come across some George Harrison demos which George had intended to send to John Lennon in the months prior to Lennon's tragic death. Harrison had recorded the demos trying to emulate Lennon's voice, and decided that the songs were better suited for John. After Lennon's passing, Harrison shelved the tapes, which were later discovered by Olivia.

Listening to the songs, Olivia also felt the songs needed a Lennon vocal and invited Julian Lennon to Friar Park to hear the demos. Julian listened and liked the songs, but thought that there were some parts that needed a higher, younger vocal register than he could muster. He rang up his half-brother Sean, and emailed an mp3 of a couple of the demos to the youngest Lennon. Both Lennon's were excited about the songs and arranged to record them at Friar Park with Dhani and Sean doing the guitar parts.

Playbacks of the songs revealed to the young Harrison and Lennon Brothers that some distinctive bass and drum parts were needed. On a hunch, they rang Sir Paul McCartney to see if he might have interest in the project. Sir Paul politely refused, but suggested that perhaps his son, James, might be the man they needed to play bass. James McCartney arrived at the sessions with Zak & Jason Starkey, the sons of Beatles drummer Ringo Starr, who happened to be visiting the McCartney's in London. The six Beatles siblings then went to work on the Harrison demos, and the finished results so pleased them, they decided that not only would they release the songs, they would also record additional original material for an album release, to be followed by a brief tour of the United States.

At a press conference held at Abbey Road Studios, the Beatles siblings made an official announcement of the tour and album release. "We're all very excited by the songs", Dhani Harrison beamed, "Dad really wanted John Lennon to record these songs, and in a way, I feel that we're honoring his wishes". "I'm very humbled that Olivia and Dhani asked me to listen to George's demos", chimed in Julian Lennon, "and I'm very happy that Sean is onboard this project too. We've been talking for years about doing something together, and these songs felt just right for us. And to have Dhani, James, Zak & Jason involved makes this a very special project as well".

"Our Dads at first were a little leery about us doing this", said James McCartney , referring to McCartney and Starr, "but after they heard what we put together, they gave us their blessings".

"It's funny in a way", added Zak Starkey, "I've played with my Dad, The Who and Oasis, but playing with these guys, who are more or less as much brothers to me as Jason is, I'm really excited at the prospect of going on the road with them". When asked who came up with the idea of calling the tour 'Here Comes The Sons 2006', Dhani Harrison raised his hand. "Guilty!', he laughed, joined by the other five. "After all, I made the phone call!", which elicited another round of laughter from the group. The tour kicks off at Irving Plaza in New York City on April 1st, 2006. More dates to be announced. Stella McCartney will be designing the stage wear for the group. (Thanks to Abbey Rodent.)

Why am I feeling this is a HUGE HOAX?

Last edited by beatlebangs1964 : Apr 10, 2006 at 09:50 PM. Reason: posted a trick alert in the title as this is just a trick
biglou114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 01, 2006, 06:44 AM   #2
FPSHOT
Sun King

Cause tomorrow, today will be yesterday, soooo .. then it will just fade away...in to the great whide open

FPSHOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 01, 2006, 06:45 AM   #3
Loony_leo
Bulldog

Is this an April fools joke?
Old Apr 01, 2006, 07:00 AM   #4
Dr. Dreamer
Mr. Moonlight

Methinks I smell an April 1st...

Last edited by Dr. Dreamer : Apr 01, 2006 at 07:00 AM.
Dr. Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 01, 2006, 08:38 AM   #5
LovinLennon909
Taxman

Phony for sure, and the article shouldn't provide direct quotes. That's bad journalism. And a bad joke.
Old Apr 09, 2006, 06:19 AM   #6
Zimmerman The Gnome
Sun King

Here Comes The Sons? HAHAHA! Poor!
Old Apr 09, 2006, 06:24 AM   #7
Marmalade Skies
Sun King

I'd totally go see Dhani and Sean though..
Marmalade Skies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 09, 2006, 01:52 PM   #8
thepandoras
Day Tripper

Send a message via AIM to thepandoras

Wow. That'd be amazing to see.
Old Apr 09, 2006, 02:40 PM   #9
Beatle Corinne
Wild Honey Pie

I don't know if this has been previously posted but Dave Stewart of The Eurythmics had some demo tapes of old songs recorded by George at his home and Stewart created this bogus band (using the recordings, and adding instrumentation) named Platinum Weird. I heard a different version of "This Guitar" on the radio this morning.

My Beatle Covers

My Homepage

My Poetry

Last edited by Beatle Corinne : Apr 09, 2006 at 02:44 PM.
Beatle Corinne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 09, 2006, 04:58 PM   #10
SF4-EVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatle Corinne
I don't know if this has been previously posted but Dave Stewart of The Eurythmics had some demo tapes of old songs recorded by George at his home and Stewart created this bogus band (using the recordings, and adding instrumentation) named Platinum Weird. I heard a different version of "This Guitar" on the radio this morning.
There's a topic about this in Crackerbox Palace. Here's the link.

My novella, Lyon's Legacy, about a scientist traveling back to the TwenCen to visit her fictional rock star ancestor, is now available as an e-book from Amazon, B&N, and Smashwords and in paper from CreateSpace and Amazon.
SF4-EVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 09, 2006, 05:12 PM   #11
Ilove77Georgie
Apple Scruff

This is for real people....this rocks hard....Dhani Harrison has a band called The Newno2 and it's website is the www.thenewno2.com This is for REAL

Last edited by Ilove77Georgie : Apr 09, 2006 at 05:12 PM.
Ilove77Georgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 09, 2006, 07:07 PM   #12
beatlebangs1964

Send a message via AIM to beatlebangs1964

I smelled a fishy trick in the "Here Come the Sons" story, but the one about Dhani's band is for real.

If I seem to act unkind, it's only me, it's not my mind. -- George Harrison, 1966

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/c...rtc/signatures

http://www.reddit.com/r/troubledteen...aten_at_green/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7g0oiJ52Gw
beatlebangs1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2006, 06:44 AM   #13
LauraBC
Apple Scruff

Yeah, terrible April Fool's Joke >><< I thought it was plausible, since I heard Sean and Dhani performed together at a concert once... I was definitely hyperventilating when I got the Abberyd email lol
LauraBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2006, 04:31 PM   #14
beatlebangs1964

Send a message via AIM to beatlebangs1964
Default I hate April Fool's Tricks

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraBC
Yeah, terrible April Fool's Joke >><< I thought it was plausible, since I heard Sean and Dhani performed together at a concert once... I was definitely hyperventilating when I got the Abberyd email lol
I don't like April Fool's tricks for this very reason, Laura. I don't like it when
one's expectations have been set but not met. On a cognitive level I can see
why a trickster, especially a clever one might find this funny. On a purely
personal level, I don't like trickery.

If I seem to act unkind, it's only me, it's not my mind. -- George Harrison, 1966

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/c...rtc/signatures

http://www.reddit.com/r/troubledteen...aten_at_green/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7g0oiJ52Gw
beatlebangs1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2006, 08:35 AM   #15
LauraBC
Apple Scruff

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatlebangs1964
I don't like April Fool's tricks for this very reason, Laura. I don't like it when
one's expectations have been set but not met. On a cognitive level I can see
why a trickster, especially a clever one might find this funny. On a purely
personal level, I don't like trickery.
Me either... and that site is pretty reliable so I was like, what's going on

Sometimes, you release an album and the record company just about ignores it, and so many people don't even know it's out. And I'm not about to jump up and down shouting, "Hey folks, look at me! I'm cool and groovy!" That's not what George Harrison is all about. ~ GH
LauraBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2006, 05:29 PM   #16
feelfab
Dr. Robert

I dunno, I thought it was funny--and I'll admit, it had me for a bit.
feelfab is offline   Reply With Quote