BeatleLinks LogoNav Panel New Sites Cool Sites Top Rated Fab Forum Add A Site Link To Us Revolution Radio New Products

Go Back   BeatleLinks Fab Forum > Other Forums > Not Only A Northern Song

Old Aug 03, 2010, 07:37 PM   #1
Brainwashed
Taxman

Send a message via AIM to Brainwashed
Default The Rutles "Lunch" (The Beatles "Love")

http://rutleslunch.net/index.html

Just found it.

Last edited by Brainwashed : Aug 03, 2010 at 07:39 PM.
Brainwashed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 03, 2010, 08:52 PM   #2
CWW
Wild Honey Pie

This is just hilarious!! i particularly loved this bit:

"Stig O'Hara's stint with Air India brought him around the world, though over time he took fewer flights. A friendship with other airline professionals led to the formation of a new group they called Travelways Buslines. There was already a bus company called Travelways in Canada, however, so they abandoned the effort after only two chartered trips. Stig was forced to take an early retirement in 2001.

Life Is The Meaning Of Love
During a layover between flights in 2000, Stig befriended the founder of renowned square dancing troupe Circle of Hay. Over beers in the Concourse bar, they discussed the idea of doing a new show using Rutles music but lost touch after Stig's retirement. With the blessings of Dirk and Barry, who were easily reached, work began on recombining classic Rutle tracks in ways that could support a show and give this semi-legendary band another lunchtime."

I do think George would find this immensly funny even though the whole LOVE project was his baby..he always had the ability to laugh at himself, and the guy behind "Lunch" has got it so right its hard to believe its not Eric or Neil behind it!!

"take me to the river, drop me in the water..."
- David Byrne
CWW is offline   Reply With Quote