BeatleLinks LogoNav Panel New Sites Cool Sites Top Rated Fab Forum Add A Site Link To Us Revolution Radio New Products

Go Back   BeatleLinks Fab Forum > Solo Forums > Menlove Avenue

Old Oct 17, 2007, 07:35 AM   #1
Lucy

Send a message via AIM to Lucy Send a message via MSN to Lucy
Lightbulb John Lennon's ghost pays son a visit

John Lennon's ghost pays son a visit
Stuff.co.nz | Wednesday, 17 October 2007

http://www.stuff.co.nz/4241107a1860.html

SPOOKY APPEARANCE: Julian Lennon claims the ghost of his late father John has visited him from beyond the grave.

John Lennon's son Julian claims his father's ghost has visited him from beyond the grave.

Julian was left shocked by the haunting moment which occurred more than 25 years after the Beatles legend's death while he was shooting a new film in Australia.

Julian, who agreed to take part in an ancient ceremony with an Aboriginal tribe, was left speechless when he was handed a white feather by a tribe elder, a symbol of great significance to him.

A source told Britain's Daily Express newspaper: "It may sound strange but that was a very weird and emotional moment for Julian. He was left speechless. Not long before he died, John had told him, 'If anything ever happens to me, look for a white feather and you will know I am there for you, always looking out for you'."

Julian, 44, was in Australia to produce the film Whaledreamers to raise awareness about the plight of whales and the Earth's oceans.

He isn't the only person to have been visited by John since his death.

Fellow Beatle Sir Paul McCartney believes John appeared to the band in the form of a white peacock during the recording of the 1995 Beatles single Free as a Bird.

As Paul, Ringo Starr and the now deceased George Harrison posed for a photograph outside the recording studio, the bird wandered into the shot.

Paul said: "That was John. Spooky, eh? It was like John was hanging around.

"We felt that all through the recording. We put one of those spoof backwards recordings on the end of the single for a laugh, to give all those Beatles nuts something to do.

"Then we were listening to the finished single in the studio one night, and it gets to the end, and it goes, 'zzzwrk nggggwaaahhh jooohn lennnnnon qwwwrk.' I swear to God. We were like, 'It's John. He likes it!"

Oasis singer Liam Gallagher also claims he was left in awe when John's spirit visited him in the middle of the night.

The rocker - a self-confessed Beatles fanatic - said: "I was in Manchester at a friend's house having a sleep. I remember getting up and feeling really weird. I turned round and there I was, lying on the bed, and I sort of fell back into my body. There was a presence there and it was him, John Lennon."

John was shot dead aged 40 in 1980 by deranged fan Mark Chapman as he entered the Dakota building in New York.
Old Oct 17, 2007, 08:09 AM   #2
mari
Sun King

Yeah, I read about that on Julian's myspace. Must have been pretty powerful.
Old Oct 17, 2007, 08:56 AM   #3
Kelli
Day Tripper

Wow!
That's really neat. I wonder if it's happened to Yoko or Sean...
Kelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2007, 01:37 PM   #5
oldbeatlechick
Sun King

It's nice to know John is still around to look out for those he loves!! I remember Julian mentioning the white feather comment before but he hadn't experienced it at that time!

“We didn't all get into music for a job! We got into music to avoid a job, in truth - and get lots of girls.”
Paul McCartney

Last edited by oldbeatlechick : Oct 17, 2007 at 01:40 PM.
oldbeatlechick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2007, 03:34 PM   #6
Nicola Beatle
Wild Honey Pie

I have no words.

Nicola Beatle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2007, 09:02 PM   #7
Loony_leo
Bulldog

Wow...

Hehe the old peacock story!! There is even a picture of them with the peacock I found on livejournal once.... I don't have the link to the original LJ post it was in so I just saved it an uploaded it to photo bucket.

Old Oct 18, 2007, 03:18 AM   #8
Lucy

Send a message via AIM to Lucy Send a message via MSN to Lucy

yeah I like the peacock story, I think that is cool. Cheers for the photo LL!
Old Oct 18, 2007, 07:28 AM   #9
HeyBeatle
Sun King

Send a message via AIM to HeyBeatle Send a message via MSN to HeyBeatle

that's really cool, and a bit creepy.

If toast always lands butter side down and cats always land on their feet. Then what happens when you strap toast to a cat and drop it.
HeyBeatle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2007, 07:42 PM   #10
Beatle Girl
Paperback Writer

OMG!! That's amazing!! When someone loves so much his relatives, or in the case of Paul, George and Ringo, his friends, those things happen. After watching those videos from the Anthology and picstures, it was for sure that John was there. And I am sure too that John was there in some other important moments on theor lives.

Everything is clearer when you are in love - John Lennon
Beatle Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2007, 06:58 AM   #11
lennonluvr9
Sun King

Send a message via MSN to lennonluvr9

Aww, that's really nice! I dont doubt that that could happen and I dont doubt that John would do that. So yeah I do believe that was John if they do.

"Logic?? My God, the man's talking about logic. We're talking about universal Armageddon!" Dr. McCoy, Wrath of Khan
lennonluvr9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2007, 02:43 PM   #12
acabrera
Little Child

Iīve read the following story some time ago. Sincerely I donīt know if itīs true or not, but....anyway...here you have it
(I found it in http://www.daytrippin.com/lennon65.htm )

Crossing Over: The Stories Behind the Stories
By John Edward
(Princess Books, 2002)

John Edward is internationally acclaimed as a psychic medium. He has hosted his own television show Crossing Over with John Edward, been a frequent guest on Larry King Live and many other shows. He also was featured in the HBO documentary Life After Life.

When John Edward was in Seattle a few years ago, tickets to his show were selling like hotcakes so I decided to go see what he was all about. Coincidentally, the day I bought the tickets, I happened to see this book prominently displayed as I was walking through a discount bookstore.

I immediately bought the book, and as I read through it I discovered a chapter called "Legends of Rock". I turned to it instantly and began to read about how Carl Perkins' daughter had wanted to have a reading with John Edward in 1998 after her dad died. A friend set the reading up, only saying what the daughter's first name was. The reading was significant because John did not know who her father was, until, befuddled, he said "Elvis is with your dad..who was your dad?" Amazed, the daughter then admitted that Carl Perkins was her father and that he was the one who wrote Blue Suede Shoes.

Following the full description of this reading, which is fully outlined in the book, to my surprise Mr. Edward then recounts a story about John Lennon that I had been familiar with in part, from the 1998 video (VHS) called Paul McCartney and Carl Perkins: My Old Friend. I had no idea the story was in the book, and I learned some details that had not been on the video.

In 1981, just after John Lennon died, Paul and Linda invited Carl to stay with them in Montserrat. Paul wanted Carl's help recording a song called Get It for his new album, Tug Of War. Carl spent eight days with them, and George and Ringo had been there to help out as well. It was a great time between old friends who had shared such a legendary musical past.

The night before he left, a song came to Carl that summed up his warm feelings about the visit, and he couldn't get it out of his mind. It was so strong that Carl didn't even write it down, which was strange for him. He usually always wrote his songs down immediately.

In the morning, Carl Perkins sang the song, which he named My Old Friend, for Linda and Paul, saying it was his gift for having him as a guest. Half way through the song, after singing "if we never meet again this side of life, in a little while, over yonder, where there's peace and quiet, my old friend, won't you think about me every now and then?" tears streamed down Paul's face and he stood up and stepped outside.

Not knowing what the matter was, Carl stopped and Linda put her arms around him, thanking him for helping Paul to connect with his grief over John Lennon's death. Now this next part was not in the video, but according to the book, Linda explained that the last time Paul talked to John, he had said the same line to Paul, "think of me every now and then, my old friend."

Carl had no doubt that the song was from John Lennon, as a gift to Paul.

The story doesn't end there. The only reason this story is known publicly is because Carl told the story while being filmed in 1997 for what would later become part of the video I mentioned above. When he got done telling the story on camera, sitting in his studio, and sang the refrain, his wife buzzed in on the intercom, and said, "Carl, Paul McCartney just called." Carl was so stunned at the coincidence he turned to the camera, speechless, and said "you tell me this boy has not got a connection to the spirit world!"

Carl Perkins coincidentally died exactly one year to the day later, after suffering two strokes. If he had not been inspired to do a video in 1997 on his musical career, and recounted this experience, we would never have known the story.
Old Oct 19, 2007, 10:47 PM   #13
Loony_leo
Bulldog

Quote:
Originally Posted by acabrera View Post
Iīve read the following story some time ago. Sincerely I donīt know if itīs true or not, but....anyway...here you have it
(I found it in http://www.daytrippin.com/lennon65.htm )

In 1981, just after John Lennon died, Paul and Linda invited Carl to stay with them in Montserrat. Paul wanted Carl's help recording a song called Get It for his new album, Tug Of War. Carl spent eight days with them, and George and Ringo had been there to help out as well. It was a great time between old friends who had shared such a legendary musical past.

The night before he left, a song came to Carl that summed up his warm feelings about the visit, and he couldn't get it out of his mind. It was so strong that Carl didn't even write it down, which was strange for him. He usually always wrote his songs down immediately.

In the morning, Carl Perkins sang the song, which he named My Old Friend, for Linda and Paul, saying it was his gift for having him as a guest. Half way through the song, after singing "if we never meet again this side of life, in a little while, over yonder, where there's peace and quiet, my old friend, won't you think about me every now and then?" tears streamed down Paul's face and he stood up and stepped outside.

Not knowing what the matter was, Carl stopped and Linda put her arms around him, thanking him for helping Paul to connect with his grief over John Lennon's death. Now this next part was not in the video, but according to the book, Linda explained that the last time Paul talked to John, he had said the same line to Paul, "think of me every now and then, my old friend."

Carl had no doubt that the song was from John Lennon, as a gift to Paul.

Yeah! I like that story, I'd heard it before, and it is really very powerful. The first time I read it I had chills! It could merely be a coincidence, or maybe it was John trying to send a message or perhaps Paul had that moment on his mind and Carl somehow intuitively picked up on it...we will never know.

There was also a quote somewhere by Paul after Carl died where he was saying what a good friend Carl was to him and his family, and how happy he was he had got to record the song "My old friend" with him because the song had a special meaning for him. Now that could be in reference to this story, or it could just be it had a special meaning because he and Carl were friends.

Here is a video of them playing it
If you look at Paul he does look a little emotional the first time the, "My old friend, won't you think about me every now and then" line comes up, and then again at the end he purses his lips, which people often do when they are trying to keep it all in, I know I've done that!

However I could be imagining things lol! I kinda like to think the story is true, even if it was merely coincidence that Carl wrote those words it was obviously a good and cathartic experience for Paul.

Tug of War was also the album that the gorgeous song Here Today was on, and there is a line "And I'm holding back the tears no more." Could possibly be a reference to that moment, if it indeed did happen...and now I'm being waaay to analytical.

Last edited by Loony_leo : Oct 19, 2007 at 10:54 PM.
Loony_leo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2007, 06:02 AM   #14
acabrera
Little Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loony_leo View Post
If you look at Paul he does look a little emotional the first time the, "My old friend, won't you think about me every now and then" line comes up, and then again at the end he purses his lips, which people often do when they are trying to keep it all in, I know I've done that!

However I could be imagining things lol! I kinda like to think the story is true, even if it was merely coincidence that Carl wrote those words it was obviously a good and cathartic experience for Paul.

Tug of War was also the album that the gorgeous song Here Today was on, and there is a line "And I'm holding back the tears no more." Could possibly be a reference to that moment, if it indeed did happen...and now I'm being waaay to analytical.

You are right. I was looking Paul and he seemed to be touched by that sentence in the lyrics... Itīs really great. Now, I donīt think it was just a coincidence....Those guys (Paul and John) are very close and this story is so amazing....
Old Oct 20, 2007, 10:50 PM   #15
Loony_leo
Bulldog

Quote:
Originally Posted by acabrera View Post
You are right. I was looking Paul and he seemed to be touched by that sentence in the lyrics... Itīs really great. Now, I donīt think it was just a coincidence....Those guys (Paul and John) are very close and this story is so amazing....

Your right. I like to think that it was not just a coincidence. John and Paul were amazingly close (to collaborate with someone I think you'd have to be close with them, because when you create anything its a reflection of your soul) and they loved each other like brothers.

I'm just happy for Paul that he and John were friends again when John was taken from us. Sure that also adds to the sadness, but it would be even sadder if they were not on speaking terms.
Old Oct 21, 2007, 11:02 AM   #16
Kelli
Day Tripper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loony_leo View Post
Your right. I like to think that it was not just a coincidence. John and Paul were amazingly close (to collaborate with someone I think you'd have to be close with them, because when you create anything its a reflection of your soul) and they loved each other like brothers.

I'm just happy for Paul that he and John were friends again when John was taken from us. Sure that also adds to the sadness, but it would be even sadder if they were not on speaking terms.

Beautifully said.
Kelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2007, 11:47 AM   #17
Loony_leo
Bulldog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelli View Post
Beautifully said.
Thank you!