BeatleLinks LogoNav Panel New Sites Cool Sites Top Rated Fab Forum Add A Site Link To Us Revolution Radio New Products

Go Back   BeatleLinks Fab Forum > Solo Forums > Red Rose Speedway

Closed Thread

Old Jun 07, 2006, 01:54 PM   #61
Asha
Sun King

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMVNipper
Yes, I'd say you probably have.

I've stated strong opinions about how I don't like the woman, but I believe I have been very mindful of how I have stated it. Tough if it's not "nice" and "pretty" and "sweet." I won't lie and say I adore her, sorry. I am only sorry Paul ever got involved with her -- and I am sure he is too.
Hmm, I see it's still believed that the "issue" is opinion... That's not it!

On this thread... all I can say is, it's still a bit early. I'll wait until all the chips are down to see who has custody. I'm not in favour of one or the other taking full custody. I hope they can find a way to share custody as I think it's good for a child to have both parents.
Old Jun 07, 2006, 01:56 PM   #62
beatlebangs1964

Send a message via AIM to beatlebangs1964

Asha, I think that sounds fair and logical. I hope the same thing.

If I seem to act unkind, it's only me, it's not my mind. -- George Harrison, 1966

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/c...rtc/signatures

http://www.reddit.com/r/troubledteen...aten_at_green/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7g0oiJ52Gw
Old Jun 07, 2006, 01:58 PM   #63
Asha
Sun King

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatlebangs1964
Asha, I think that sounds fair and logical. I hope the same thing.
Yeah... & while my parents didn't split, my dad worked two jobs. I know I would've liked to have been around him more. I can't speak for another children of divorces. Maybe both doesn't always work??? But hopefully Paul & Heather will do what's best for everyone concerned!
Old Jun 07, 2006, 03:15 PM   #64
joenamherst
Dr. Robert

According to yahoo, she has full custody of Bea with Sir Paul having visitation rights. Of course this may all change when they go to divorce court.
Old Jun 07, 2006, 04:28 PM   #65
LucyLennon4me
Apple Scruff

sheesh look at all the trouble Heather causes just talking about her.
Must have been HELL to LIVE with her.

c'mon folks HEATHER is just NOT worth all this fighting.

Let's just make fun of her instead lol.

I'll start .... her boobs look awful in those photos.
Old Jun 07, 2006, 06:49 PM   #66
beatlebangs1964

Lucy, how about a compromise? How about if we remain objective when the topic of Heather comes up? I have no personal issue with her; no axe to grind. She is the mother of Paul's child.

Talking about Heather does not have to cause trouble if we keep personalities out of it and stick with the issue instead of with others expressing their opinions which they are equally entitled to do.

And my opinion is, it is time to listen to some soothing George.

If I seem to act unkind, it's only me, it's not my mind. -- George Harrison, 1966

Last edited by beatlebangs1964 : Jun 07, 2006 at 06:50 PM.
Old Jun 07, 2006, 06:58 PM   #67
Magill
Sun King

Quote:
I will say yet again -- if you don't like what is being discussed or have no interest in it, why bother to even comment in the threads? Do you get some kind of perverse joy out of berating other people who do want to talk about it? Do you think that not a single Beatles fan is discussing this outside of forums like this one? Boy oh boy, if you believe that you really have your head in the sand.

Yeah, it is what you value...and clearly some people value being self-righteous and smug. Fine, if you think you're so much better than those of us who want to talk about it or who think Heather is a liar with psychological issues, then go off and leave us alone, but stop coming onto these threads and slamming us for talking about it!
Thanks for saying what I've been thinking this whole time, Susan. I don't appreciate this holier-than-thou attitude some members are taking here, lately. Kinda makes me wanna ! Do these people not ever voice their opinions on anyone in their lives? I highly doubt it!
edit: I know my post is late and you'd like to get back to the topic at hand, which is the custody of Bea. For that, I apologize.
We now return to regularly scheduled topic.

Last edited by Magill : Jun 07, 2006 at 07:05 PM.
Old Jun 07, 2006, 07:12 PM   #68
FPSHOT
Sun King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magill
Do these people not ever voice their opinions on anyone in their lives? I highly doubt it!
edit:
Oh I most certainly have...especially about those people who have an opinion....which is what everybody has in life.. but make it as being a truth..based on speculation and insinuation...without knowing anything about the persons they are 'talking' about...

Old Jun 07, 2006, 07:21 PM   #69
jtal909
Sun King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgie Girl
I like it better this way.
it's more interesting than the actual story!
Old Jun 08, 2006, 04:01 AM   #70
Magill
Sun King

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPSHOT
Oh I most certainly have...especially about those people who have an opinion....which is what everybody has in life.. but make it as being a truth..based on speculation and insinuation...without knowing anything about the persons they are 'talking' about...
No one here is preaching the gospel truth, Rob. Agreed. None of us here actually knows the McCartneys. We're just calling it as we see it. If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, then, more than likely it's a duck. That is all. If you don't like what we have to say, I'd wish you'd at least respect us enough to let us freely express our opinions, as you agree we all have. But please. Refrain from the pot-shots! They're totally uncalled for. After all, you know us better than you do the McCartneys. As I said before. The sniping between the Linkers should STOP. Moderators included.
Old Jun 08, 2006, 05:16 AM   #71
beatlebangs1964

Quote:
I will say yet again -- if you don't like what is being discussed or have no interest in it, why bother to even comment in the threads? Do you get some kind of perverse joy out of berating other people who do want to talk about it? Do you think that not a single Beatles fan is discussing this outside of forums like this one? Boy oh boy, if you believe that you really have your head in the sand.

Yeah, it is what you value...and clearly some people value being self-righteous and smug. Fine, if you think you're so much better than those of us who want to talk about it or who think Heather is a liar with psychological issues, then go off and leave us alone, but stop coming onto these threads and slamming us for talking about it! [/quote]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magill
Thanks for saying what I've been thinking this whole time, Susan. I don't appreciate this holier-than-thou attitude some members are taking here, lately. Kinda makes me wanna ! Do these people not ever voice their opinions on anyone in their lives? I highly doubt it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by beatlebangs1964
Susan, I'm glad you said what you did as I was feeling exactly the same way. Everybody is entitled to their opinions and to express them. Like John Lennon said on the Christmas 1964 album, "John here speaking with his voice!" we hopefully are all speaking in our voices, meaning our true opinions and not echoing the party/prevailing sentiments.
That was exactly how I was feeling and Susan, I thank you for having the bravery to come out and say this! Magill, I you for your response. I could not agree with you more.

With regard to opinion, I have said any number of times that people are responding to something that is current and topical. I don't know that people have tried to convince others that their opinions were factual, actual or gospel. My impression was that people wanted to discuss something that they found interesting and newsworthy. Many is the time when I have said that if all people did was agree with one another, no learning would take place and discussion would come to a grinding halt. We don't need that either. If people honestly agree on an issue, well and good.

With regard to Bea, one can only hope that whoever the judge or judges involved will try to act in the child's best interest. There is no reason for me to think that Bea would not be well off and well cared for by either Heather or Paul. This is not speculation, but an honest opinion. In her individual case, it sounds like she will be well served by having access to them both. Let's hope their parting of the ways is accomplished with a minimum of acrimony.

Last edited by beatlebangs1964 : Jun 08, 2006 at 05:24 AM.
Old Jun 08, 2006, 05:25 AM   #72
Lynner

Agreed that the sniping should stop, but not pointing to moderators. In my mind, everyone is a member, some just have different titles.
But also think that if one disagrees about Heather being totally wrong, does not mean we're calling her a Saint, either. Think that she's a human. Not someone I'd be good pals with, but not someone I'd condemn either.
I'll ask again that we get back to topic. Otherwise, BB and I have talked about closing this. Really don't want to have to do it.

Last edited by Lynner : Jun 08, 2006 at 05:31 AM. Reason: Had an extra word in a sentence that didn't belong and too many typos!
Old Jun 08, 2006, 05:32 AM   #73
Rellevart

Send a message via MSN to Rellevart

Can any of our UK members tell us a little more about custody arrangements in the UK? Do they often favor (for example) the mother over the father? Or the wealth of the parent or the "past" of the parent or whatever? I'm just trying to figure out a little more information about how custody situations may be different in the UK than they are in the US. Thanks for any info you might have!
Old Jun 08, 2006, 06:01 AM   #74
Harry
Nowhere Man

As far as i know children nearly always go to their mothers except in extreme situations, i would have thought she would get custody or at least they would have shared custody but i very much doubt he will get sole custody unless she wishes it.

They don't usually consider money unless the mother is in poverty and also Paul does have his age against him.
Old Jun 08, 2006, 06:10 AM   #75
Siobhan
Old Brown Shoe

I would agree with Harry, it is generally true that courts do tend to favour mothers in custody battles over here. It's not something I have much personal knowledge of, but that's certainly the impression I have always got. Of course if they can make their own arrangements which they both agree on, as was the case when my parents divorced, it makes the situation much easier, especially for the child.
Old Jun 08, 2006, 06:10 AM   #76
Loka
Nowhere Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucyLennon4me
sheesh look at all the trouble Heather causes just talking about her.
Must have been HELL to LIVE with her.

c'mon folks HEATHER is just NOT worth all this fighting.

Let's just make fun of her instead lol.

I'll start .... her boobs look awful in those photos.
Sorry, but everyone who knows me knows how very much this one makes me laugh!
And I personally must admit that I liked her boobs all the time. That was the one thing that I still liked about her. Now you destroyed it, Lucy. Bad girl

Now, back to the topic.

Just imagine her running off with this guy in the pics, Beatrice under her arm (´cause she´s just gained full custody) and building herself a million dollar mansion somewhere on Long Island or so... She could have it so much easier, folks. But she doesn´t do that. And why? Why does she still keep on denying and stating contradictions and suing the Sun and appearing at "Larry King"? Not for money, but for attention (which is strange, because she seems to have a thing or two to hide as well), so I think we should be so fair and give her the attention she demands.

Paul is willing to work for Bea´s best, which certainly doesn´t mean growing up with an army of nannies because Mummy is travelling all around the world to promote herself I mean her landmine charity. I trust Paul concerning that, and it is not up to us to decide who´s best for the baby (did I just really say that?).

Ah! if it had just been the pics, I could have gone "Okay, naughty girl, dirty past, some other brilliant Mums have done that", but the fact that she seems to have had real sex with this man (and if not we can be sure she´s gonna sue him) makes me believe that it was not an "I was young and needed the money" thing... Some women who prefer to establish... rather... lax relationships (as she has admitted herself) do this because they have missed security and protection when they were young, they marry elder (rich) men because they missed a father. To me this all fits Heather very well and I´m not gonna judge her for that. But I do worry if growing up with such a Lady doesn´t have any influence on her daughter... *thinks of Bea as the next Courtney Love - shudders*

Just sit and wait, guys. It´s all gonna clear up soon. The Sun says they´re holding back the "worst" pics (what a clever manoeuvre, I applaud ) and that´ll prove if this mysterious book without any text, any captions in it (how can anyone know that it´s German then?) can be regarded as a lover´s guide.

I want to state solemnly at this point that I myself own a Lover´s Guide called "Gay Love" with very explicit pictures in it (I know this is going to be read by Americans, so ) but it contains explanations also, which is the very reason I bought it (of course ). Men making out? definitely hot.

All I mean to say is relax, no one here knows either one of them personally, so at least tolerate the various opinions about them which are naturally fed by the press, by the internet and various other sources. Don´t judge one another for believing what they hear and see.

(My image of Heather Mills is, by the way, of course only fed by her own statements and the look in her eyes)
Old Jun 08, 2006, 07:59 AM   #77
Asha
Sun King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siobhan
I would agree with Harry, it is generally true that courts do tend to favour mothers in custody battles over here. It's not something I have much personal knowledge of, but that's certainly the impression I have always got. Of course if they can make their own arrangements which they both agree on, as was the case when my parents divorced, it makes the situation much easier, especially for the child.
Well, as long as Paul has plenty of time to still make music & tour, I think we'll all be happy!

I wonder if Bea will make an appearance on any songs like some of Paul's other children!
Old Jun 08, 2006, 08:15 AM   #78
Harry
Nowhere Man

Let It Bea?
Old Jun 08, 2006, 08:23 AM   #79
BeatlesFan4life
Dr. Robert

Personally,
I think that beatrice will be better off with Paul than with Heather.
Old Jun 08, 2006, 08:26 AM   #80
Harry
Nowhere Man

All very and well good however he is not likely to be around 15 years which would be a traumatic time for her without her mother, also he will not have the same energy, shared is the only option.