BeatleLinks LogoNav Panel New Sites Cool Sites Top Rated Fab Forum Add A Site Link To Us Revolution Radio New Products

Go Back   BeatleLinks Fab Forum > Solo Forums > Menlove Avenue

Old Apr 01, 2012, 07:23 AM   #101
Apple Scruff
Sun King

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildewoman View Post
"Some people like ping-pong. Others like digging over graves." - John Lennon
That quote is amazing! I never heard it before, but I love it.
Old Apr 01, 2012, 04:07 PM   #102
misfittoy
Dr. Robert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly View Post
According to Patti's book Cynthia and her weren't ever really that close. Maureen I know stayed friends with her. They were with each other when Cynthia found out about John's death.

Like I said, I got the info from A Twist of Lennon and that is what cynthia said how the Beatles wives treated her. From cynthia's own writings.

as for those who don't approve of the fact that Julian hasn't healed emotinoally according to what you consider to be an approaved timetable, count your own blessings that you've never expereinced traumas like he did in his life that still pain him to this day. (and Yoko deserves lots of flack for her part in some of it). Sometimes pain takes lifetimes to heal. some pain never does.

Some people just don't get trauma and think someone should get over it quicker. I just went through that with people I thought were friends. An abusive person I kicked out of my life managed to do something horrible to traumatise me that brought back every childhood trauma I ever cried in the dark about as well as my recent ones of being stalked.
A few months later, our mutual friends are saying to me, "What, youu're not over that yet?" Uh, no. what she did was big and nearly ruined my life and disrupted most of it. I'm going to be upset for a littel while about this one.
misfittoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 01, 2012, 05:29 PM   #103
Apple Scruff
Sun King

Misfit, I hope you understand that none of us are being harsh on Julian because of his trauma, but the way he chooses to express it. And the way that he reacts to people who are giving him constructive criticism or sharing a personal thought that he may not agree with- THAT has nothing to do with his personal trauma.

Sean also has trauma. He lost his favorite person in the world when he was 5. His life was shattered. He still deals with pain and it's hard on him- via Charlotte, Julian, Yoko, and his own words. But he doesn't cuss out fans and call them 'idiots' or constantly air his anger out to the media.

At the same time, these two boys are different. I think you should understand that some of us- ME- are huge Julian fans. I love him. So I am considering his situation from the eyes of someone who would love to see him happier. I'm so grateful that he and Sean are so close, that Yoko and him are cool, and that he is at peace with his dad to the best of his abilities. I just wish he'd cool down slightly, but his recent article- which I will post- shows that he seems to be doing pretty well.
Old Apr 02, 2012, 05:03 AM   #104
wildewoman
Taxman

Just really, really close to Mummy. Too much for my liking. Not that my opinion is worth a crap.

Last edited by wildewoman : Apr 02, 2012 at 05:04 AM.
wildewoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 02, 2012, 05:36 AM   #105
Snoopy66
Paperback Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple Scruff View Post
Misfit, I hope you understand that none of us are being harsh on Julian because of his trauma, but the way he chooses to express it. And the way that he reacts to people who are giving him constructive criticism or sharing a personal thought that he may not agree with- THAT has nothing to do with his personal trauma.

Sean also has trauma. He lost his favorite person in the world when he was 5. His life was shattered. He still deals with pain and it's hard on him- via Charlotte, Julian, Yoko, and his own words. But he doesn't cuss out fans and call them 'idiots' or constantly air his anger out to the media.

At the same time, these two boys are different. I think you should understand that some of us- ME- are huge Julian fans. I love him. So I am considering his situation from the eyes of someone who would love to see him happier. I'm so grateful that he and Sean are so close, that Yoko and him are cool, and that he is at peace with his dad to the best of his abilities. I just wish he'd cool down slightly, but his recent article- which I will post- shows that he seems to be doing pretty well.
Absolutely, Scruffie

Both sons have traumas, but different ones. Sean was very young when John passed away and Julian was a teenager. So both are dealing differently with their pain.

John also lost his mom as a teenager, but he never was harsh to fans years after. It's been years after too for Julian when his dad was killed, so by now he should be able to control his emotions, at least in public. No one (especially his fans) expect him to be "healed" from his trauma, but he should try to react cooler when being asked about his dad, that's all.

Snoopy
Snoopy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 02, 2012, 05:48 AM   #106
Snoopy66
Paperback Writer

Quote:
Just really, really close to Mummy. Too much for my liking. Not that my opinion is worth a crap.
Personally, I don't mind that Julian is very close to his mom. I even think it was bound to happen. He had no brother and sisters when he was a kid and Cyn was the main person who raised him.

By the way, Sean is pretty close to his mom too and defends her whenever he can; that's very cute of him and I highly respect that.

Snoopy
Old May 18, 2012, 04:20 AM   #107
misfittoy
Dr. Robert

hey, I thought this thread was gone but it's still here.
Old Jun 14, 2012, 05:15 PM   #108
misfittoy
Dr. Robert

Julian had another FB meltdown today. I didn't see it but boy are my friends talking about it. He met some woman he really liked and apparatnly had multiple post begging her to find him as he didn't get her contact info. then he must have had second thoughts and deleted it.

It's sort of cute in a way.

Last edited by misfittoy : Jun 14, 2012 at 05:17 PM.
Old Jun 14, 2012, 06:01 PM   #109
Apple Scruff
Sun King

Default That poor man

Quote:
Originally Posted by misfittoy View Post
Julian had another FB meltdown today. I didn't see it but boy are my friends talking about it. He met some woman he really liked and apparatnly had multiple post begging her to find him as he didn't get her contact info. then he must have had second thoughts and deleted it.

He really does need a woman.
Old Jun 14, 2012, 06:54 PM   #110
Maia 66
Sun King

Quote:
Originally Posted by misfittoy View Post
It's sort of cute in a way.
I dunno... it seems a little desperate, maybe even a little creepy. Kind of reminds me of the scene in Ghost World (one of my all-time favorite films) where the Thora Birch character, Enid, sets up Seymour, the Steve Buscemi character. He had posted a personal ad hoping to get a woman he met to contact him (just like Julian)... and then Enid prank calls him pretending to be the woman and asks him to meet her at a diner. (Very cruel, yes, but she learns her lesson.... sort of.)

The first 20 seconds of this vid shows what happens after Seymour leaves the diner, believing he'd been stood up:

All I want is the truth
Just give me some truth...

Maia 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2012, 07:50 PM   #111
wildewoman
Taxman

Default Julian...

Duuuuuuuuuude. Get laid.

Well, at least Sean had the good sense to put up a personal ad in his post-Bijou, pre-Charlotte days :roll eyes:

Anyone remember when he did that?

--Oscar Wilde, The Critic as Artist
Old Jun 14, 2012, 07:51 PM   #112
wildewoman
Taxman

Default Julian...

Duuuuuuuuuude. Get laid.

Well, at least Sean had the good sense to put up a personal ad in his post-Bijou, pre-Charlotte days....

Old Jun 14, 2012, 08:18 PM   #113
Dylan_93
Fool On The Hill

Default Is this what you're referring to?

Seems very out of the blue, doesn't it? Well, I do hope he finds that special someone.
Dylan_93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2012, 08:30 PM   #114
Maia 66
Sun King

Did anyone catch the Hey Jude reference? ("Go get her, Julian.") Actually, his whole post is like a string of Beatles song references...

You have found her, now go and get her

Would you believe in a love at first sight?

Something in the way she moves

I've got a feeling

All I want is the truth
Just give me some truth...

Maia 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2012, 10:11 PM   #115
wildewoman
Taxman

Default Oh. My. God.

That is the funniest thing I've ever read. How old is this guy?

4iiiis, after reading this cloying missive, do you really think Julian's your man to lead the Turbo Beatles?

The guy got his daddy's voice and his mother's brain. I just don't get a strong sense of there being much of a "there" there with this guy.

Then again I don't put much stock in sentiment. Someone much wiser than I once said that sentimentality is for one who wants the luxury of an emotion without paying for it.

Oscar Wilde pretty damn much knew everything.

Last edited by wildewoman : Jun 14, 2012 at 10:19 PM.
Old Jun 15, 2012, 05:50 AM   #116
misfittoy
Dr. Robert

That must be it. I only heard the talk but couldn't find it except for one post.

god, it's the funniest thing yet on his page. He is very entertaining but I agree. He just needs to get laid.

I've felt that spark with people. The relationships were intense but didn't last and I got hurt. (The sex wasn't that good either surprisingly). I'm convinced that spark means nothing.

I've had long-term stable relationships. Both my current boyfriends, one I've known since I was 17 and have been dating for about 6 years. His ex wife is my ex-best friend. My other boyfriend I've been dating for about 8. I met both at social functions, dinners and coffee houses, talking, trading numbers and just staying in contact and spending time together all these years.
Old Jun 15, 2012, 06:45 AM   #117
Snoopy66
Paperback Writer

Talking Yeah...

Quote:
The guy got his daddy's voice and his mother's brain.

Snoopy
Old Jun 15, 2012, 07:51 AM   #118
Georgie Girl
Sun King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple Scruff View Post
LOLOLOLOL!!!

I must add him!

The west is
the best.
Georgie Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2012, 09:40 AM   #119
misfittoy
Dr. Robert

Julian must be watching his FB page in case his lady love posts
Old Jun 15, 2012, 09:41 AM   #120
misfittoy
Dr. Robert

Quote:
Duuuuuuuuuude. Get laid.

Well, at least Sean had the good sense to put up a personal ad in his post-Bijou, pre-Charlotte days....

Never heard about it. what did he say he was looking for?