BeatleLinks LogoNav Panel New Sites Cool Sites Top Rated Fab Forum Add A Site Link To Us Revolution Radio New Products

Go Back   BeatleLinks Fab Forum > Other Forums > While My Guitar Gently Weeps

Old Dec 05, 2011, 03:44 PM   #1
peanut333
Wild Honey Pie

Smile Patti's book

I am currently reading Wonderful Tonight, it's OK. Although it did get little tiresome hearing her regret in leaving George. I'm like despite his looks, charm, and talent,he made mistakes She had a right to leave him, a person can take so much, not to mention he neglected her to focus on his meditation. Eric was a patient man, although he was a jerk too to persue his best friend's wife. In regards to George coming to their home uninvited on Christmas Day, that was rude . We all make our beds, and have to live with our decisons. It is nice she did not take him to the cleaners in their divorce, Eric either.

Last edited by peanut333 : Dec 05, 2011 at 06:47 PM.
peanut333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 05, 2011, 04:41 PM   #2
Hari's Chick

Another slam at George? Seems you do not care for the man.

With all respect, you don't know what George had to endure from Pattie either. The only two who know are the two of them.

It's obvious you are no George fan, and seemingly see no good in him aside from "good looks." Others of us do see a lot of good in him.
Old Dec 05, 2011, 06:39 PM   #3
peanut333
Wild Honey Pie

Hey don't get me wrong, I like George , his music and philosophy of giving back is beautiful, I will edit the thread it does seem harsh. I don't want to offend trueblue Beatle fans. I love their music too, but some of their actions are questionable. They were only human. I'm sure he was hurt by the divorce too. Since they stayed friends up until he died, there was a bond there.

Last edited by peanut333 : Dec 05, 2011 at 06:55 PM.
Old Dec 05, 2011, 07:04 PM   #4
peanut333
Wild Honey Pie

OK I edited it, I have to say this while reading the book " if it hurt you that bad to leave your first love, and have so much regret, why didn't you stay with George and work it out?" Hindsight is really something.
Old Dec 05, 2011, 07:24 PM   #5
beatlebangs1964

Send a message via AIM to beatlebangs1964

We don't know, peanut. That is really between the two of them.

What I have always believed is that George, being just turned 21 and barely out of puberty was responding to pure physical attraction. We all know how fine George was, so it was not suprising that Pattie appreciated his interest.

Over time, they grew up and grew apart. They had different interests; different needs and different expectations. Clearly the marriage had hit its share of deep potholes because it was over before the divorce papers were written.

*added in* I think Olivia was able to reach George on a much deeper level. By the time they met, a decade later, George had matured. There is a world of difference in maturation between someone who is 20 and someone who is 30. George's life, during that post-Beatle interlude had stablized. George himself had developed into the person he was known to be.*end of edit*

Yeah, "Wonderful Tonight" is a good book and a very interesting read. George was only human and as I have said many times before, we love him unconditionally, warts, farts, ugly perms that made his beautiful wavy hair look like ass, wrinkles and all. George was a very special person. That comes through in his music. In fact, on another discussion board where friends are being targeted by trolls, I keep changing the topic to George Harrison and how special and wonderful I think he was.

If I seem to act unkind, it's only me, it's not my mind. -- George Harrison, 1966

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/c...rtc/signatures

http://www.reddit.com/r/troubledteen...aten_at_green/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7g0oiJ52Gw

Last edited by beatlebangs1964 : Dec 05, 2011 at 07:37 PM.
beatlebangs1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 05, 2011, 08:06 PM   #6
Maia 66
Sun King

Is this a George thread? Because it's sounding a bit like some of the stuff we Lennon fans always have to put up with...

The Beatles reflected the youthful spirit of the '60s, which were very different from today's times. And they lived their lives publicly... what amazing stress for such young men with such zest for life! As George said, "The people gave their money and they gave their screams, but the Beatles gave their nervous systems..."

Don't judge their actions too harshly. Who among us would look like perfect angels if examined under the same microscope these lads were??

I like Pattie, she's a lovely person... but I'm only interested in George's perspective. He's the artistic genius, not her.

All I want is the truth
Just give me some truth...

Maia 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 05, 2011, 08:14 PM   #7
peanut333
Wild Honey Pie

Default cool devotion

Wow that's really sweet how many fans love and protect their Fab Four idols. I would hate to cross you guys in the street if I would bash them, not that I would since I enjoy their great music. I'm sure you guys really love Alicia Keyes giving props to George in regards to his charity work in India, at her Black Ball Gala recently. I did not know she was a fan of the Fab Four. Classy Lady.
Old Dec 05, 2011, 08:50 PM   #8
peanut333
Wild Honey Pie

Yeah she appreciated his interests alright, she dumped her first steady boyfriend for George. Poor guy, even threatened suicide. I wonder if she sometimes regrets dumping him since her later two marriages ended in hearbreak?
Old Dec 05, 2011, 10:52 PM   #9
CWW
Wild Honey Pie

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanut333 View Post
I am currently reading Wonderful Tonight, it's OK. Although it did get little tiresome hearing her regret in leaving George. I'm like despite his looks, charm, and talent,he made mistakes She had a right to leave him, a person can take so much, not to mention he neglected her to focus on his meditation. Eric was a patient man, although he was a jerk too to persue his best friend's wife. In regards to George coming to their home uninvited on Christmas Day, that was rude . We all make our beds, and have to live with our decisons. It is nice she did not take him to the cleaners in their divorce, Eric either.
Wow, a Guy going to visit his wife (still then legally married to him) and his BEST FRIEND for Christmas is RUDE?!

How about judging someone you dont even know,a nd writing about it in public?

By all acounts he was Lonely and all had a great christmas dinner..Doubt the last thing Patti and Eric would have been thinking is "oh GEORGE is rude"!

This is so ridiculous i dont even know why I'm commenting!

"take me to the river, drop me in the water..."
- David Byrne
CWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 06, 2011, 12:02 AM   #10
peanut333
Wild Honey Pie

Default explanation

I was only commenting by the way Patti wrote it, stating George came by uninvited. It makes sense he would call first to avoid being offended. Obviously Patti still had warm feelings for him and Eric was OK with him staying.
Old Dec 06, 2011, 07:56 AM   #11
peanut333
Wild Honey Pie

I can imagine the Beatles were nervous wrecks, girls trying tp tear them to pieces, sneaking into their hotel room. I read in one book, Mal overheard a woman plotting with her teenage daughter to sneak into George's room and falsely accuse him of rape for money. It goes on today too. Immoral people not caring who they hurt for big bucks. Not being able to sightsee or just take a walk. Fame is a double edged sword.
Old Dec 06, 2011, 02:36 PM   #12
beatlebangs1964

Send a message via AIM to beatlebangs1964

Well said, CWW and Maia66. You expressed my thoughts well.

If I seem to act unkind, it's only me, it's not my mind. -- George Harrison, 1966

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/c...rtc/signatures

http://www.reddit.com/r/troubledteen...aten_at_green/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7g0oiJ52Gw

Last edited by beatlebangs1964 : Dec 06, 2011 at 02:37 PM.
beatlebangs1964 is offline   Reply With Quote