BeatleLinks LogoNav Panel New Sites Cool Sites Top Rated Fab Forum Add A Site Link To Us Revolution Radio New Products

Go Back   BeatleLinks Fab Forum > Solo Forums > Red Rose Speedway

Closed Thread

Old Mar 15, 2005, 08:52 AM   #41
beatlemad
Taxman

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepperland67
Susan, I think you have a lot of negativity towards a lot of people on this forum. I've noticed that a lot of times you jump on people right away, when they haven't done anything to you. I just don't understand why you find it necessary to blast everyone with a different opinion from yours. And as far as typing in all caps goes, I seem to remember a time when you warned people not to do that b/c it meant that you were shouting at them. Oh, and I liked your little comment about how every time we see a picture of Paul and Heather, it's obviously a planned moment and not random. So, does that mean that they planned the whole set-up with Heather telling off the reporter? yes! what a great "photo-op" that was! I've held back about saying anything about your posts for a long time, but it's
gotten to the point where I think that someone needs to speak up.
Agree 100%.I also am sick of the negativity with every topic of Heather.Well done to you for speaking up - I will stand with you all the way!!!!
Old Mar 15, 2005, 12:22 PM   #42
ChrisG134
Sun King

If there are people who don't like Heather so what.I don't care for her either.You can't tell me that you never met somebody for the very first time and there's something you just don't like about them.Like they give off a bad vibe or they rub you the wrong way.I'm pretty sure Heather isn't reading these posts so if somebody says they don't like her.Them let them say it.Who cares.Try not to let it ruin your day.Move on.
Old Mar 15, 2005, 12:25 PM   #43
beatlemad
Taxman

If I had met Heather I could give you a honest answer one way or the other.Have you met Heather or are you going by what the media lets you see?
I don't critise people I only know through tabloids as it's not a fair reflection in them.
Old Mar 15, 2005, 12:32 PM   #44
ChrisG134
Sun King

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatlemad
If I had met Heather I could give you a honest answer one way or the other.Have you met Heather or are you going by what the media lets you see?
I don't critise people I only know through tabloids as it's not a fair reflection in them.
If I met her I'm sure I wouldn't like her.She's married to a billionaire and I'm sure she doesn't give a rats a** about what I thought about her.I've seen her interviewed and ther's something I don't like.
Old Mar 15, 2005, 01:12 PM   #45
Rellevart

Send a message via MSN to Rellevart

Why does it seem every topic about Heather degenerates into some totally beside the point argument?
Old Mar 15, 2005, 01:34 PM   #46
matt5
Old Brown Shoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellevart
Why does it seem every topic about Heather degenerates into some totally beside the point argument?
Because people like to gossip. For the same reason the National Enquirer and People Magazine sell so many copies.
make a country dream come true
Old Mar 15, 2005, 01:55 PM   #47
MissusLennon
Dr. Robert

You'd think that even the people that utterly loathe Heather might be a wee bit happy for Paul...

I sure am.
Old Mar 15, 2005, 01:58 PM   #48
erinluv182
Taxman

Send a message via AIM to erinluv182

A friend of mine was watching Entertainment Tonight, and apparently Heather has denied that she is pregnant. I'm not sure how reliable ET is, but I wanted to at least throw this out there.

Once you go Macca, you never go bacca.
Old Mar 15, 2005, 02:09 PM   #49
beatlelover45223

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissusLennon
You'd think that even the people that utterly loathe Heather might be a wee bit happy for Paul...

I sure am.
I admire people with strong opinions and convictions, whether I agree with them or not... it would be a boring world if we all felt the same on every little thing, I think Susan, Erin and all add a little spice to life, I am always glad to read Susan's posts (in particular) I love/admire her conviction.

~ Nancy ~
Old Mar 15, 2005, 02:15 PM   #50
beatlebangs1964

Send a message via AIM to beatlebangs1964

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepperland67
Susan, I think you have a lot of negativity towards a lot of people on this forum. I've noticed that a lot of times you jump on people right away, when they haven't done anything to you. I just don't understand why you find it necessary to blast everyone with a different opinion from yours. And as far as typing in all caps goes, I seem to remember a time when you warned people not to do that b/c it meant that you were shouting at them. Oh, and I liked your little comment about how every time we see a picture of Paul and Heather, it's obviously a planned moment and not random. So, does that mean that they planned the whole set-up with Heather telling off the reporter? yes! what a great "photo-op" that was! I've held back about saying anything about your posts for a long time, but it's gotten to the point where I think that someone needs to speak up.
In the interest of fairness, I honestly don't believe Susan has "a lot of negativity towards a lot of people on the forum." I don't believe it has ever been Susan's intention to jump on anyone.

Also, in the interest of fairness, it is one thing to state strong opinions as many of us here have. It is also perfectly all right to respond. The one thing that I will ask, no insist upon is that this refrain from becoming personal. Speaking up is one thing; sarcasm and rudeness is quite another story.

I came into this late, but I felt strongly enough about the issue to speak up as well.

Although there are people with a wide array of viewpoints, there is room for ALL of those viewpoints and everybody has the right to be heard. That means you, Pep and everybody else. Once again I will ask that this topic remain about the issues, Paul and Heather and their baby and NOT turn into an invective against other members.

*Edited to Add* It takes a big person to apologize and publicly at that.
With regard to Heather & Paul, I am delighted for them and want whatever makes them happy. This sounds like a bonus blessing to me.

As for me, I am delighted for Paul and Heather and feel they have been richly blessed.

If I seem to act unkind, it's only me, it's not my mind. -- George Harrison, 1966

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/c...rtc/signatures

http://www.reddit.com/r/troubledteen...aten_at_green/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7g0oiJ52Gw

Last edited by beatlebangs1964 : Mar 15, 2005 at 02:46 PM.
Old Mar 15, 2005, 02:16 PM   #51
beatlebangs1964

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatlelover45223
I admire people with strong opinions and convictions, whether I agree with them or not... it would be a boring world if we all felt the same on every little thing, I think Susan, Erin and all add a little spice to life, I am always glad to read Susan's posts (in particular) I love/admire her conviction.
I agree. And once again, I respect people who speak up regardless of whether or not I agree with their opinion. We need to hear BOTH sides in order to get a better understanding of the issue or issues in question and it is by KNOWING where each side on an issue stands that we, as individuals have a better understanding of our own.

All You Need is Love.

If I seem to act unkind, it's only me, it's not my mind. -- George Harrison, 1966

Last edited by beatlebangs1964 : Mar 15, 2005 at 02:19 PM.
Old Mar 15, 2005, 02:36 PM   #52
matt5
Old Brown Shoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatlebangs1964
Also, in the interest of fairness, it is one thing to state strong opinions as many of us here have. It is also perfectly all right to respond. The one thing that I will ask, no insist upon is that this refrain from becoming personal. Speaking up is one thing; sarcasm and rudeness is quite another story.
In my opinion there is nothing rude or sarcastic in what Pepperland67 posted. She was merely trying to bring some common sense and decency to an ugly situation. I for one admire her honesty and courage in defending another persons dignity.

Last edited by matt5 : Mar 15, 2005 at 02:36 PM.
Old Mar 15, 2005, 02:39 PM   #53
beatlebangs1964

All well and good, Matt5, so on that note let's put the debate to rest once and for all.

I don't want this to become a slanging match so let's all just stick to the topic at hand which is about Heather's pregnancy. In order to maintain everybody's dignity, I will once again insist that we all, myself included keep to the topic and not go off on personal tangents.

Last edited by beatlebangs1964 : Mar 15, 2005 at 02:45 PM.
Old Mar 15, 2005, 02:45 PM   #54
Spoofin
Fool On The Hill

Congratulations to Paul and Heather!

But how many children could Paul actually want? He's got a whole gaggle of them already! I come from a large family, and although if this is true he'll be one member up on me, I wouldn't want any more siblings! Too many already, and although I love them all dearly there are enough brothers from me to contend with. And him raising a child already? Although I do suppose that he's not really the one primarily raising her ... Whatever makes him and Heather happy is alright with me.
Old Mar 15, 2005, 02:58 PM   #55
matt5
Old Brown Shoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatlebangs1964
All well and good, Matt5, so on that note let's put the debate to rest once and for all.

Ok that is a good idea. I personally don't like conflict and I would like nothing more then for all Blinkers to get along with each other. Ok.
Old Mar 15, 2005, 06:27 PM   #56
DizzymissLizzy909
Sun King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoofin

But how many children could Paul actually want? He's got a whole gaggle of them already! I come from a large family, and although if this is true he'll be one member up on me, I wouldn't want any more siblings! Too many already, and although I love them all dearly there are enough brothers from me to contend with. And him raising a child already? Although I do suppose that he's not really the one primarily raising her ... Whatever makes him and Heather happy is alright with me.

Well, I've I suppose having lots of kids makes your life feel pretty fulfilled, right? Paul has always been after the most in life, and has always seemed the type to love children. Maybe they make him feel extra youthful?
Old Mar 15, 2005, 06:58 PM   #57
luvsthebeatles
Sun King

Send a message via MSN to luvsthebeatles Send a message via Yahoo to luvsthebeatles

Woo, I missed a lot.

Congrats to them both if it's true.
Old Mar 16, 2005, 03:17 AM   #58
NaomiMcCartney
Paperback Writer

Send a message via Yahoo to NaomiMcCartney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoofin

Siblings are a true blessing. It shouldn't matter how many you have, it should matter how much love you can give them, just as parents can give to their children. Not all children have siblings growing up, and besides all Beas siblings from Pauls first marriege are quite a bit older than Bea. I think it's rather nice that Bea would be able to have a sibling close to her age for a playmate.

Last edited by NaomiMcCartney : Mar 16, 2005 at 03:17 AM.
Old Mar 16, 2005, 04:59 AM   #59
Siobhan
Old Brown Shoe

Just for the record the quotes from Heather are taken from a much larger interview. I saw the cover of the magazine it is from on Tuesday and the interview seems to be more about the joys of motherhood rather than anything else. It wouldn't be the first time a tabloid was selective about what it prints though would it? Where Heather is concerned they only seem to select negative aspects. I won't comment on it any further though until I have read the actual interview, and not just exerpts.

I too take this news with a pinch of salt until it is confirmed. If it is true though, I wish them every happiness.
Old Mar 16, 2005, 05:18 AM   #60
NaomiMcCartney
Paperback Writer

Send a message via Yahoo to NaomiMcCartney

If it isn't true, I am more than sure that one day Paul and Heather will have at least one more child before Bea gets much older.

Closed Thread