BeatleLinks LogoNav Panel New Sites Cool Sites Top Rated Fab Forum Add A Site Link To Us Revolution Radio New Products

Go Back   BeatleLinks Fab Forum > Beatles Forums > I Read The News Today

Closed Thread

Old May 29, 2003, 05:01 AM   #61
beatlegirl273
Rocky Raccoon

Default Re: Singer McCartney\'s wife pregnant

I heard about this last night and I've come to the conclusion that I'm ok with this. There is one side effect to this, though. Think of how society's gonna treat the kid. Better yet, think of how the kid's gonna feel. It isn't going to be easy for he/she.

[size="1"][ May 29, 2003, 06:02 AM: Message Edited By: beatlegirl273 ][/size]
Old May 29, 2003, 05:31 AM   #62
Rellevart

Send a message via MSN to Rellevart

Quote:
Originally Posted By Lynner:
I realize that the choice of when to become parents is a personal one, but I really don't think that Heather is too old to be a mother, and I'm sure that my pregnant 36 yr old sis-in-law would agree with me.
<font size="2" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">So would I. I'm a child of older parents (my parents were 40 when I was born) and I'm over 40 now and they're both still doing great. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] And plenty of my friends waited till 35+ to have kids because they weren't financially ready at younger ages. Parents can live to be 100 or they can die when they're 25. You just never know. And if, god forbid, anything were to happen to Paul before this child grows up, there will be a large, loving, extended family who I'm sure will pitch in to help raise it. And obviously, financial need will never be a problem. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Old May 29, 2003, 05:32 AM   #63
Rellevart

Send a message via MSN to Rellevart

Quote:
Originally Posted By beatlegirl273:
Think of how society's gonna treat the kid.
<font size="2" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">Just curious, but why do you think society will not treat this child well?
Old May 29, 2003, 06:09 AM   #64
LuvLennon
Wild Honey Pie

As much as I find the age thing a little unsettling (someone mentioned that Paul will be 80 when his son or daugter is 20), it seems to me that expectations of age groups have been changing, and for the better too. People past 60 who might have been termed "old" maybe 20 years ago are no longer seen as such, and a have quite a few relatives that are in their 70's and 80's and are still active people who travel remain physically fit and enjoy life. So really age doesn't really define who you are or what you can do, and I hope that Paul and Heather will be able to enjoy watching their child grow up together.

Just wondering though whether given her past medical history Heather is in any way putting herself in danger by becoming pregnant? I don't know the effects of ovarian cancer and ectopic pregancies, but they both sound very serious and really it surprises me that she would be so eager to become pregnant again. But I do hope that everything goes well.
Old May 29, 2003, 06:22 AM   #65
Litl Lennon
Rocky Raccoon

I think it's great that they are going to have a child. I was just wondering the other day if it was ever going to happen.

I hope Heather can get through this pregnacy alright, as knowing that in her past she had a few ectopic pregnancies..(if any of you have read her book, A Single Step- it's really moving and a very touching story).

Anyway, Congrats to Paul and Heather!

(Maybe it will be a boy so there will be a younger version of Paul keeping that sexyness alive for women to come!)

~Cheyla~ [img]graemlins/flower2.gif[/img]
Old May 29, 2003, 03:26 PM   #66
shyGirl
Sun King

What a suprise! Congrats to the happy couple.

[img]graemlins/jumping.gif[/img]
Old May 29, 2003, 04:10 PM   #67
Johnna Lynn
Mr. Moonlight

[quote]Originally Posted By Lynner:
[quote]Originally Posted By Johnny Lover:
[qb]I agree with you, D-HaRrIsOnSgUrl28. I mean, I know not everyone is this happy!!! I, for one, have no idea how to feel right now. I mean, sure, I'm happy for them, but Linda died just 5 years ago, and Paul is already off getting another gal pregnant. Does anyone agree with me?

Heather is his current wife. Linda isnt coming back!
Old May 29, 2003, 04:16 PM   #68
BeatlesFlip
Apple Scruff

This is great news! Congrats Paul and Heather!
Old May 29, 2003, 04:40 PM   #69
misslennon_909
Nowhere Man

Send a message via Skype™ to misslennon_909

First I must rebuke the Heather bashing. Yes, you're allowed your own opinion. True, I'm not the biggest Heather fan in the world. But I say that if she makes Paul happy she's good enough for me, darn it.

Next I wanna say I knew they were gonna have a kid! It was just a matter of time! I don't care how old Paul is, age is merely a medical factor to me. Speaking of medical issues, I hope Heather gets through the pregnancy okay. A new McCartney! How exciting! I wish Macca and Mills the best!

Now I can't stop smiling. Babies are always such happy news. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Old May 29, 2003, 04:46 PM   #70
D-HaRrIsOnSgUrl28
Apple Scruff

[quote]Originally Posted By Johnna Lynn:
Quote:
Originally Posted By Johnny Lover:
[qb]I agree with you, D-HaRrIsOnSgUrl28. I mean, I know not everyone is this happy!!! I, for one, have no idea how to feel right now. I mean, sure, I'm happy for them, but Linda died just 5 years ago, and Paul is already off getting another gal pregnant. Does anyone agree with me?
Quote:
<font size="2" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">well yeh linda isnt coming back but really dont u think that she 1000 times the woman heater would ever be?? ok and another thing how long will heather be his wife thats the ?
Old May 29, 2003, 04:47 PM   #71
Boogaloo Sixty-Four
Day Tripper

Well, I guess I'll post here after all. I saw this thread yesterday; but I really hesitated about opening my mouth on the subject. I suppose I'm gonna get grilled like a veggie burger for saying this; and *please* don't be mad, b/c I really do wish them and the baby all the best, but:

Resources on the World Overpopulation Crisis

I think it was a terribly self-centered choice for them to make. Paul is an environmentalist, and Heather is an anti-landmine/human rights activist. They're not ignorant. They know that they, one of the most wealthy and famous names in the Western world, are worsening the problem by adding to the overpopulation of our hurting planet. He already has not one, not two, but FOUR kids...how about all the kids in poverty out there? They could've adopted, either in the UK or internationally. They could have made a miserable life beautiful and wonderful for a child in desperate need; yet they chose to snub those kids and increase the earth's huge 6.7 billion human load, all b/c they just couldn't be happy unless their kid was biologically theirs. Between that and the insane risks to Heather's health and safety, it's just...I'm sorry; but I think it's a very unethical thing that they (especially he) chose to do. Just my feelings.

Anyway, I'm really, really sorry if I've been a wet blanket here. I didn't mean to. It's just that I've always felt strongly about stuff like this. I don't judge either Paul, Heather, or the two of them as a couple; but I just can't feel too thrilled to hear about this one particular life choice they've made, even if it's none of my business. Still, I wish the three of them all the best in health and happiness just the same. I'm glad the child is wanted and loved.
Old May 29, 2003, 05:36 PM   #72
SF4-EVER

[quote]Originally Posted By D-HaRrIsOnSgUrl28:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">Quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">Originally Posted By Johnna Lynn:
Quote:
Quote:
<font size="2" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">well yeh linda isnt coming back but really dont u think that she 1000 times the woman heater would ever be?? ok and another thing how long will heather be his wife thats the ?
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">What's a "woman heater," something to keep cold-sensitive women like me warm? [img]graemlins/thinker.gif[/img] (Sorry, couldn't resist. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] ) On a serious note, I think Linda and Heather are like apples and oranges. You may prefer one over the other, but they both have their strong points. Paul obviously loves both of them, and if he's happy, we should be happy for him. I have no idea how long the marriage will last, but if they're both willing to make it work, it can last the rest of their lives.
Old May 29, 2003, 05:57 PM   #73
SF4-EVER

Quote:
Originally Posted By Boogaloo Sixty-Four:
Well, I guess I'll post here after all. I saw this thread yesterday; but I really hesitated about opening my mouth on the subject. I suppose I'm gonna get grilled like a veggie burger for saying this; and *please* don't be mad, b/c I really do wish them and the baby all the best, but:

Resources on the World Overpopulation Crisis

I think it was a terribly self-centered choice for them to make. Paul is an environmentalist, and Heather is an anti-landmine/human rights activist. They're not ignorant. They know that they, one of the most wealthy and famous names in the Western world, are worsening the problem by adding to the overpopulation of our hurting planet. He already has not one, not two, but FOUR kids...how about all the kids in poverty out there? They could've adopted, either in the UK or internationally. They could have made a miserable life beautiful and wonderful for a child in desperate need; yet they chose to snub those kids and increase the earth's huge 6.7 billion human load, all b/c they just couldn't be happy unless their kid was biologically theirs. Between that and the insane risks to Heather's health and safety, it's just...I'm sorry; but I think it's a very unethical thing that they (especially he) chose to do. Just my feelings.

<font size="2" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">You raise a valid point, Boogaloo. Overpopulation is a key concern for the future of our planet. On the other hand, my understanding is that population growth isn't equal; most of the growth is occuring in developing nations, while some industrialized countries are experiencing no growth or even negative growth. Women's education and social standing affects how many children they have, with more educated women in general having fewer children. Also, some of the growth is due to people living longer, and that shifts the population dynamics. Adoption is wonderful -- I'm an adoptee myself -- but it may not be for everyone. The urge to procreate is very strong and difficult to deny. But I do think it's better for couples to have one or two well-cared for children than several they can't support.
Old May 29, 2003, 06:29 PM   #74
MissusLennon
Dr. Robert

at the Sheffield concert tonight, Paul confirmed the news =)

I'm so excited for them!
Old May 29, 2003, 06:35 PM   #75
D-HaRrIsOnSgUrl28
Apple Scruff

[quote]Originally Posted By SF4-EVER:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">Quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">Originally Posted By D-HaRrIsOnSgUrl28:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">Quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">Originally Posted By Johnna Lynn:
Quote:
Quote:
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">What's a "woman heater," something to keep cold-sensitive women like me warm? [img]graemlins/thinker.gif[/img] (Sorry, couldn't resist. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] ) On a serious note, I think Linda and Heather are like apples and oranges. You may prefer one over the other, but they both have their strong points. Paul obviously loves both of them, and if he's happy, we should be happy for him. I have no idea how long the marriage will last, but if they're both willing to make it work, it can last the rest of their lives.
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">ummm dont u mean the rest of HIS life !!!! lol sry i had to do that! it was too tempting
ps: sry i didnt realize that i put woman heather lol my mistake
Old May 29, 2003, 07:13 PM   #76
Another Foolish Girl
Fool On The Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted By SF4-EVER:
You raise a valid point, Boogaloo. Overpopulation is a key concern for the future of our planet. On the other hand, my understanding is that population growth isn't equal; most of the growth is occuring in developing nations, while some industrialized countries are experiencing no growth or even negative growth. Women's education and social standing affects how many children they have, with more educated women in general having fewer children. Also, some of the growth is due to people living longer, and that shifts the population dynamics. Adoption is wonderful -- I'm an adoptee myself -- but it may not be for everyone. The urge to procreate is very strong and difficult to deny. But I do think it's better for couples to have one or two well-cared for children than several they can't support.[/QB]
<font size="2" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">I think we should also keep in mind that those are some fine genes our Sir Paulie has got in him. The average person I wouldn't advise to have half a dozen children. To Paul, I say: go forth and multiply. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Next time with me. Yes, this is a bit tongue-in-cheek, but just a bit. I'd be quite happy to see many more McCartney spawn.
Old May 29, 2003, 07:22 PM   #77
Johnna Lynn
Mr. Moonlight

Quote:
Originally Posted By misslennon_909:
First I must rebuke the Heather bashing. Yes, you're allowed your own opinion. True, I'm not the biggest Heather fan in the world. But I say that if she makes Paul happy she's good enough for me, darn it.

Next I wanna say I knew they were gonna have a kid! It was just a matter of time! I don't care how old Paul is, age is merely a medical factor to me. Speaking of medical issues, I hope Heather gets through the pregnancy okay. A new McCartney! How exciting! I wish Macca and Mills the best!

Now I can't stop smiling. Babies are always such happy news. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
<font size="2" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">Heather and Linda "qualify" as far as Macca is concerned. Know how? If not just ask! We women of the world (those over 35 or so) will answer! Right Gals? [img]graemlins/inlove2.gif[/img]
Old May 29, 2003, 11:02 PM   #78
Beatles'girl123
Day Tripper

Quote:
Originally Posted By Litl Lennon:
(Maybe it will be a boy so there will be a younger version of Paul keeping that sexyness alive for women to come!
<font size="2" face="Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif">Oh lets hope!!!! Because James isnt in the spot light much, and he looks a lot like Paul.
So lets cross our fingers!!!!
Old May 29, 2003, 11:13 PM   #79
Johnna Lynn
Mr. Moonlight

Im sure it will all be fine. Paul loves her, and the next step after marriage is kids. Love to both of them.http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tm.../168/4897w.html Recent photo link. (I hope)

[size="1"][ May 29, 2003, 04:27 PM: Message Edited By: Johnna Lynn ][/size]
Old May 30, 2003, 01:59 AM   #80
beatlz
Rocky Raccoon

from THE DAILY MIRROR:

LADY MACCA IS PREGNANT May 29 2003

McCartney's joy as wife reveals her pregnancy

By Fiona Cummins, Ms Showbiz

THE LOOK OF LOVE: Paul and Heather on Tuesday in a picture taken specially for their announcement

SIR Paul McCartney's wife Heather is three months pregnant, it was announced yesterday.

She will give birth to their first child at the end of the year. Father-of-four Sir Paul, 60, and Heather McCartney Mills, 35, said in a statement: "We are delighted with this happy news."

There were fears that Heather would not be able to conceive after suffering two ectopic pregnancies and cancer of the uterus.

But the former model-turned-landmine campaigner became pregnant less than a year after their wedding last June.

As congratulatory messages poured in from around the world, Sir Paul's brother Mike said the whole McCartney clan were delighted.

He said: "It will bring a breath of life to the McCartney family. Us McCartneys are very good at being dads."

Mike, a member of 60s band The Scaffold, added: "I can't tell you how delighted my wife and I are, it's our wedding anniversary tomorrow and it could not have come at a better time. It's marvellous news, excellent news."

Sir Paul's cousin Ian Harris said: "Paul is absolutely ecstatic - Heather is about three months pregnant and doing very well.

"He called to let the family know about the birth before it became public knowledge. And he just sounded really, really pleased."

Ian, a retired security guard from the Wirral, said: "Paul might be old but he's full of life - he's still a child at heart himself so I'm sure he'll be a great father again. He did really well with his other kids, they're all lovely." Gerry Marsden, of Merseybeat band Gerry and the Pacemakers, said: "It's absolutely wonderful news. I'm so pleased for Paul and at his age as well.

"It's good to see there is life in the old dog yet. He'll make a great father."

The couple have continuously denied reports that they were expecting. But the Mirror can reveal that they visited natural childbirth unit the Viveka Clinic in St John's Wood, North London, in March. Actress Sadie Frost and model Kate Moss have both given birth there.

A source said: "They left the clinic with a spring in their step. It was clear to me they had just received some very good news.

"They were walking arm-in-arm and looked really happy and in love."

But aides close to the couple insisted it was just a regular check-up. Just three months ago, Heather told chat show host Michael Parkinson of her fears she might never have children. Holding her thumb and a finger close together, she said: "The chances of me getting pregnant are about that much.

"They said I'd been pregnant, which is really hurtful, knowing that I've had cancer of the uterus and two ectopic pregnancies.

"I'm sure for any woman out there it's hard enough when your family keeps saying, 'When are you going to have a baby, then?', never mind the whole world saying 'Oh, she's pregnant this week'."

Heather, who met Sir Paul at the Daily Mirror's Pride of Britain awards four years ago, has made no secret of the fact she was desperate for a child.

Sir Paul has three children - fashion designer Stella, 31, Mary, 33, and James, 25 - by wife Linda who died from breast cancer in 1998. He also has a stepdaughter Heather from Linda's first marriage.

The Beatles first manager Allan Williams was delighted at the couple's news.

He said: "Good luck to the man. He's proved himself as a great father and I think that's because he has never forgotten his working class roots.

"He was brought up sensibly by his father and he does the same with his children. I think its great."

John Chambers, of the Liverpool Beatles Appreciation Society, said: "If it's a boy, it would be wonderful if he names him after John Lennon, as they were best of friends back in the day.

"If it's a girl, maybe he can call her Michelle, after the Beatles song."

-HEATHER yesterday sent a message of comfort to Laura Range, 13, of Bootle, Merseyside, who had her amputated after falling in front of a train. Heather, who lost her leg when she was run over by a police motorcyclist in 1993, offered to visit Laura in hospital when Sir Paul plays a concert in Liverpool on Sunday.
Closed Thread