BeatleLinks LogoNav Panel New Sites Cool Sites Top Rated Fab Forum Add A Site Link To Us Revolution Radio New Products

Go Back   BeatleLinks Fab Forum > Beatles Forums > I Read The News Today

Old Apr 01, 2007, 08:38 AM   #21
BadLittleKid
Paperback Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolution1999 View Post
Iv'e Never Listened To "The Beatles Story" Album. What's On That Album?
It's an interview album. A rather good actually.

- Biggles
BadLittleKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 01, 2007, 01:40 PM   #22
62hofner

Quote:
Iv'e Never Listened To "The Beatles Story" Album. What's On That Album?
It's actually boring as all get out! I had it on vinyl, and you only hear brief snippets at a time of The Beatles... it's mostly a narrator-dominated LP.

As far as it ever being on a Capitol Albums Volume? I'd say it's got as much chance as the Hollyridge Strings LPs have of being released!

Last edited by 62hofner : Apr 01, 2007 at 07:26 PM.
62hofner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 02, 2007, 01:00 PM   #24
Revolution1999
Dr. Robert

Great Pics!
Old Apr 02, 2007, 01:02 PM   #25
Revolution1999
Dr. Robert

It Would Be Funny If These Came Out 2 Be The Real Cover.

Last edited by Revolution1999 : Apr 02, 2007 at 01:06 PM.
Revolution1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 02, 2007, 01:14 PM   #26
Revolution1999
Dr. Robert

I Set The First Pic As My Computer WallPaper.
Old Apr 02, 2007, 04:31 PM   #28
Revolution1999
Dr. Robert

Quote:
Originally Posted by 62hofner View Post
I'm flattered!
Well It's A Great Pic,Do Some For Vol.4 Too
Old Apr 02, 2007, 04:32 PM   #29
Revolution1999
Dr. Robert

Quote:
I Set The First Pic As My Computer WallPaper.
...But Ringo's Head Is Cut Off!!
Old Apr 02, 2007, 04:35 PM   #30
Revolution1999
Dr. Robert

I also Like That "Last Photo Session" Pic.
Old Apr 06, 2007, 10:15 PM   #31
Middle8
Banned

The albums in Volume 3 will be:

Yesterday and Today
Revolver
Hey Jude
The Beatles Live at the Hollywood Bowl

along with this release, Capitol will be releasing the double album LOVE SONGS for the first time on CD.

Volume 3 and Love Songs should be released sometime this year. It is said that Capitol may release them on June 1st 2007, along with a special remastered, repackaged 40th anniversary edition of Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band.

Volume 4 will contain:

The Beatles Christmas Album
The Beatles Rarities
Reel Music
20 Greatest Hits

along with this release, Capitol will be releasing the double album Rock n Roll Music for the first time on CD. The cover will be changed to the original artwork designed for the album drawn by John Lennon. EMI decided never to use Lennon's artwork when it first came out. A very dumb idea.
Middle8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 07, 2007, 12:25 AM   #32
BadLittleKid
Paperback Writer

You sound like you know what you're talking about! Welcome to the forum Middle8, btw.

- Biggles
BadLittleKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 07, 2007, 01:38 AM   #33
Legs
Sun King

Capitol will release Sgt. Pepper's on the 1st of June?
If Sgt. Pepper's will be released on the 1st of June it will be by EMI/ Apple. Ofcourse Capitol will release it in the U.S. then.
The rest of your list sounds like a nice fantasy tho, however I don't see the need in having all these 70's compilation albums coming out on cd.

You indeed sound sure what will be released and when, however I don't think anyone knows for sure at this point what will be included in the 3th set, and when it will be released. I surely don't claim that I know it either, at this point I can only go with what Bruce Spizer says, and that "Revolver" won't be included.

Anyway welcome to the forum Middle8!

Quote:
Volume 3 and Love Songs should be released sometime this year. It is said that Capitol may release them on June 1st 2007, along with a special remastered, repackaged 40th anniversary edition of Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band.

Last edited by Legs : Apr 07, 2007 at 02:02 AM.
Legs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 07, 2007, 04:19 AM   #34
Revolution1999
Dr. Robert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Middle8 View Post

Yesterday and Today
Revolver
Hey Jude

along with this release, Capitol will be releasing the double album LOVE SONGS for the first time on CD.

Volume 4 will contain:

The Beatles Rarities
Reel Music
20 Greatest Hits

along with this release, Capitol will be releasing the double album Rock n Roll Music for the first time on CD. The cover will be changed to the original artwork designed for the album drawn by John Lennon. EMI decided never to use Lennon's artwork when it first came out. A very dumb idea.

Dude,How do you know whats coming out for vol.3 and vol.4? And why would a single come out on a ALBUM collection?

Last edited by Revolution1999 : Apr 07, 2007 at 04:20 AM.
Revolution1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 07, 2007, 01:00 PM   #35
stern
Fool On The Hill

I would be totally disgusted if Revolver were not on it.It would spoil the whole project in my opinion.They should go in order till they decide to stop.
But record companies often make asinine decisions so hold your breath!

I think it's worthwhile to release every album just so that we get them all with the cardboard sleeves.

Another plus to releasing revolver is that the back cover on the British jewel case release is not accurate.The photos of them in the dark background should be on the back not the list of songs.

The butcher cover should be used for Yesterday and an empty sleeve with the alternate cover should be included to cover all bases.

One other thought;Why always pricey box sets.?Wouldn't it be a good idea to release all these albums separately after all the box sets?That way people could pick and choose the albums they want to buy without having to buy all the boxes.You could also create instant collector's items by deleting the original box sets after a certain reasonable time period.

Carl Balzamo
stern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 07, 2007, 01:51 PM   #36
62hofner

Quote:

Yesterday and Today
Revolver
Hey Jude

Volume 4 will contain:

The Beatles Rarities
Reel Music
20 Greatest Hits

Middle8, where did you get this information from? Are you just speculating like the rst of us have been doing? You sound quite sure of these line-ups.
62hofner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 07, 2007, 02:02 PM   #37
Revolution1999
Dr. Robert

Quote:
Originally Posted by 62hofner View Post
Middle8, where did you get this information from? Are you just speculating like the rst of us have been doing? You sound quite sure of these line-ups.
He's Proablly Just Saying He Knows.
Old Apr 07, 2007, 03:13 PM   #38
Middle8
Banned

I also agree that it would be a great idea to put the US version of Revolver. I mean, the majority of people in North America who grew with records are used to that version anyways. That is the audience Capitol is trying to cater to.

I can't understand why some people are against it. The whole concept is to release ALL the US albums (if different then the UK releases).

Last edited by Middle8 : Apr 07, 2007 at 03:14 PM.
Middle8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 07, 2007, 09:55 PM   #39
Legs
Sun King

Quote:
Originally Posted by stern View Post

Another plus to releasing revolver is that the back cover on the British jewel case release is not accurate.The photos of them in the dark background should be on the back not the list of songs.

Carl Balzamo
Not really a big deal to me as the U.K. remasters will probably cover that.
But yes I'll say it one more time, I think Revolver should be included. I am sure that had it a different cover like "The early Beatles" which was basicly "Please Please Me" minus three songs, it would have been included.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stern View Post

One other thought;Why always pricey box sets.?Wouldn't it be a good idea to release all these albums separately after all the box sets?That way people could pick and choose the albums they want to buy without having to buy all the boxes.You could also create instant collector's items by deleting the original box sets after a certain reasonable time period.

Carl Balzamo
Perhaps Capitol thought of it but we must just be happy that these cd's were released at all. The box sets are a compromise between Apple and Capitol. Apple originally didn't want that the U.S. albums to be released on cd at all.
This way the U.K. catalogue is still the standard, and if you want to collect the U.S. versions you have these special box sets. Basicly U.S. fans will want to have them all anyway, but I agree it would have been handy for those only interested in a few titles.
Old Apr 07, 2007, 10:02 PM   #40
Legs
Sun King

Quote:

Yesterday and Today
Let me try.
Yesterday and Today...
Hey Jude
A Hard Days Night
Rarities

Which will be the final in the Capitol series. They don't bother releasing all the 70's releases because
A. They were crap and
B. They were released worldwide and any releases of these albums are in the hands of Aplle/EMI.

The third volume will be released in November 2006 after the U.K. remasters.

In June Apple/ EMI and Capitol in the U.S. will release "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band" in both mono and stereo. Followed by the rest of the U.K. catalogue.

"Live at the hollywood bowl" will be released sometime next year, followed by "the christmas collection" .
After that every fan will be satisified, hadn't it been for the exclusion of "Revolver" on the Capitol box set.