BeatleLinks LogoNav Panel New Sites Cool Sites Top Rated Fab Forum Add A Site Link To Us Revolution Radio New Products

Go Back   BeatleLinks Fab Forum > Beatles Forums > I Read The News Today

Old Dec 13, 2004, 09:34 PM   #41
Savoy Truffle
Paperback Writer

Default Re: THE BEATLES\' LOST LOVE CHILDREN

[ QUOTE ]
Sally Posted:
I want to go first! He may be too knackered by the time you have finished with him!

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I hope he's not too knackered! I was hoping for a go, myself!
Savoy Truffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2004, 09:36 PM   #42
Savoy Truffle
Paperback Writer

[ QUOTE ]
SF4-EVER Posted:
This is beginning to resemble the Survey topic in Abbey Road.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes! We must try to behave ourselves.
Old Dec 14, 2004, 04:16 AM   #43
sourmilkpinky
Sun King

[ QUOTE ]
Savoy Truffle Posted:
[ QUOTE ]
Sally Posted:
I want to go first! He may be too knackered by the time you have finished with him!

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I hope he's not too knackered! I was hoping for a go, myself!

[/ QUOTE ]

Bah Humbug on behaving

George is going to be one tired puppy after we get done with him
sourmilkpinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2004, 04:54 AM   #44
SF4-EVER

You have to behave before you're allowed to misbehave, if you know what I mean.
SF4-EVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2004, 07:14 AM   #45
erinluv182
Taxman

Send a message via AIM to erinluv182

Uh-oh. I feel a bit responsible for helping shift the focus of this thread to just talking about sex. But then again, when Paul's your fave, it's difficult to avoid this.
erinluv182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2004, 07:46 AM   #46
Sally
Sgt. Pepper

[ QUOTE ]
erinluv182 Posted:
Uh-oh. I feel a bit responsible for helping shift the focus of this thread to just talking about sex. But then again, when Paul's your fave, it's difficult to avoid this.

[/ QUOTE ]

George is definately sexier than Paul, hee! hee!
Sally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2004, 07:48 AM   #47
Savoy Truffle
Paperback Writer

I'd agree wholeheartedly there. But I wouldn't turn Paul down either. And well, this whole topic is pretty much about sex. We've just personalised it a bit.
Old Dec 14, 2004, 07:49 AM   #48
SF4-EVER

Actually, I was thinking about this topic, and I came up with a question that might get things "back on track," so to speak. To those of you lining up for your favorite Beatle, would you bear his love child and raise it without any additional support/contact from him? And what would you tell your child if he/she became curious about his/her father?
SF4-EVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2004, 08:03 AM   #49
Sally
Sgt. Pepper

Yes and yes.
Sally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2004, 08:17 AM   #50
sourmilkpinky
Sun King

Yes and Yes. But hmmmm what could you tell the child. This is a personal question for me because I am adopted and have had the curiousity about my parents all my life. I suppose in this circumstance the identity would have to be a secret. Doesn't mean you couldn't tell the child how wonderful the man was without revealing the identity. But yes that would be tough.
Old Dec 14, 2004, 08:24 AM   #51
erinluv182
Taxman

Send a message via AIM to erinluv182

[ QUOTE ]
SF4-EVER Posted:
Actually, I was thinking about this topic, and I came up with a question that might get things "back on track," so to speak. To those of you lining up for your favorite Beatle, would you bear his love child and raise it without any additional support/contact from him? And what would you tell your child if he/she became curious about his/her father?

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow. Hard question. Well, without a doubt if i found myself pregnant with no hubby (which I highly doubt happening bc of my morals, but that's a whole different topc, now isn't it), I would no questions asked have the baby. It's hard to asnwer this from the perspective of an obsessed fan. Because I wouldn't want to put pressure on them, or make them feel as though I wanted a piece of them, but at the same time, your child is your child. And more importantly than all the money stuff, I would want my child to be able to have some sort of relationship with their dad. So I think I would try to work it so that that was possible. Be as nice to Paul as possible, tell him that I just wanted it for my child, and nothing more, and hopefully a reasonable outcome could be reached.
Ha... having now read over this, it's slightly hilarious to me, considering the ultra low possiblity of me ever having to worry about how to raise me and Paul's love child. Good question, tho; seriously!
erinluv182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2004, 08:32 AM   #52
Dr. Dreamer
Mr. Moonlight

I can't answer this from personal experience of course but if I was in this position well... Yes I think I would on all counts money, the telling to anyone. The child?...hmm only when he or she was old enough to comprehend the levity of what knowing it means. I mean, their whole life would change if they ran around making this claim and let's face it, seems the general consensus here is they wouldn't be believed anyway.
For that very reason (believability) there are LOTS of things (Beatle-ish or otherwise) I don't talk about. So I figure I could probably keep something as tame as this to myself too. And honestly people, like it has been said here and especially regarding this program the ONLY reason it's the least bit interesting is because it is about the Beatles. Do you care about the guy across the street or the fella you see in passing ? How many illegitimate children (if any) do THEY have???
Finally, much agreed with those saying at the end of the day it's the MUSIC and the LOVE (that higher love of humanity in general) which matters. But, yes, it is a funny little distraction to muse on the scenario...
Okay, I'm done (the crowd cheers HURRAH!) Back to me grindstone...
Dr. Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2004, 08:46 AM   #53
sourmilkpinky
Sun King

well said. And on a more serious note, I would hope that any of The Beatles would never or have never not owned up to the responsibility of a child. Any more than the man across the street. But being in the limelight does make the animals crawl out of the woodwork
Old Dec 14, 2004, 12:54 PM   #54
LovinLennon909
Taxman

Oh boy, I would have given my right lung (or whatever it is I place great importance on) to have had John's baby. Then I would have had a piece of him with me all the time! My baby would grow up knowing the circumstances of his birth and lineage, so I don't think it ever would have been a big deal for him (or her.)
LovinLennon909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2004, 06:43 PM   #55
ImaginePeace78
Dr. Robert

Send a message via AIM to ImaginePeace78 Send a message via Yahoo to ImaginePeace78

Life would certainly be different if it were those kinds of circumstances, but to answer the question, yes and yes, (but I'd tell them later on, when they would be old enough to understand).
-Kristi
ImaginePeace78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2011, 03:24 PM   #56
peanut333
Wild Honey Pie

Cool naughty Beatles

Although I knew he was not an angel since I knew during their heyday, the Fab Four were major "players". But the recent revelations that George cheated on Olivia were shocking. I guess tempation and old habits are hard to break. That is sad he was married to two great women that adored him, but he broke their hearts.
peanut333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 02, 2011, 01:39 PM   #57
Hari's Chick

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanut333 View Post
Although I knew he was not an angel since I knew during their heyday, the Fab Four were major "players". But the recent revelations that George cheated on Olivia were shocking. I guess tempation and old habits are hard to break. That is sad he was married to two great women that adored him, but he broke their hearts.
All Olivia said was that their marriage had hiccups. That doesn't even mean George cheated. She said something like, "women loved George" and of course that he liked women. Men do, I don't see how that's so shocking, really.

We don't really know what happened because the doc didn't reveal it. It certainly didn't reveal that George broke their hearts. I've had the good fortune of speaking (causually) with both Olivia and Pattie and neither appeared heartbroken to me. Smitten yes, heartbroken no.
Old Dec 02, 2011, 02:58 PM   #58
peanut333
Wild Honey Pie

That cool you got to meet his ex and widow. Since I don't know them , I'll take your word. He must have been a very cool person since Patty still regrets leaving him nearly 40 years later. Olivia and Dhani seem like really nice people. Since he was a decade older when he married the second time, it is possible he settled down to some degree. I still feel sorry for Patti due to his cheating. But they forgave each other over their infidelities, and remained friends. Not everyone can do that.

Last edited by peanut333 : Dec 02, 2011 at 03:00 PM.
peanut333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 03, 2011, 12:11 PM   #59
beatlebangs1964

Send a message via AIM to beatlebangs1964

HC is right peanut. Olivia is a truly lovely and gracious lady and George was an important part of her life. Pattie and George left each other. Their marriage ended years before the divorce decree was issued.

George was only 21 when he met Patti. George, from all accounts and the way it sounded all along was acting out of physical attraction. He may have been well traveled and worldly, but he was still just barely out of puberty.

It sounded like, 10 years later when he met Olivia he had plainly matured and was a more sensitive partner and later spouse. He had some growing up to do during that period. From 20-30 a lot of maturation takes place. He learned soon enough that feminine pulchritude and masculine virility is not enough to sustain a marriage. The pair have to be much more deeply joined than that - soul mates, if you will. Not only that, they have to enjoy talking to and listening to and learning from one another. By 1974, George had done a lot of growing up.

If I seem to act unkind, it's only me, it's not my mind. -- George Harrison, 1966

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/c...rtc/signatures

http://www.reddit.com/r/troubledteen...aten_at_green/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7g0oiJ52Gw
beatlebangs1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 03, 2011, 02:23 PM   #60
beatlebangs1964

Send a message via AIM to beatlebangs1964

A few years ago a man named Andrew but going by Bovane claimed to be George's son. He even did an interview. Take it with a grain of salt.

If I seem to act unkind, it's only me, it's not my mind. -- George Harrison, 1966

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/c...rtc/signatures

http://www.reddit.com/r/troubledteen...aten_at_green/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7g0oiJ52Gw
beatlebangs1964 is offline   Reply With Quote