BeatleLinks LogoNav Panel New Sites Cool Sites Top Rated Fab Forum Add A Site Link To Us Revolution Radio New Products

Go Back   BeatleLinks Fab Forum > Other Forums > Here, There & Everywhere

Old Nov 16, 2006, 03:24 AM   #1
Zimmerman The Gnome
Sun King

Default Dropping People

Have you ever done this? One minute you are friendly with someone and then just moved on and forgot about them? Not something I would do but I have seen it done....
Old Nov 16, 2006, 03:31 AM   #2
sourmilkpinky
Sun King

I won't do this...when I 'drop people' it is usually after many attempts to keep it together.

I am dropped instantly often makes me wonder how I have offended them.
sourmilkpinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2006, 03:44 AM   #3
Rellevart

Send a message via MSN to Rellevart

I've only done it on the rarest of circumstances and it's because they've done something reprehensible or because they've proven themselves to be a looney. I've never had it done to me in "real life", though I have had it happen a couple times on-line, but never with anybody I was really close to. I always figure you can't force people to be your friends and if they don't want to be, oh well, their loss, move on.
Old Nov 16, 2006, 04:18 AM   #4
Lucy

Send a message via AIM to Lucy Send a message via MSN to Lucy

I did it with some "friends" at the start of this year BUT only because it was all I could do...this was after years and years of them giving me total sh*t.
I felt that my life is too short to surround myself with people that only make me feel bad so they had to go!
Lucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2006, 05:04 AM   #5
Harb83
Co-Admin Geezer

A group of people I knew did it to me - it hurt (and still does) like hell. One minute it's all "come over and stay the weekend" and so forth, then it's block from all chat lists and non-answering of all texts and emails.
Harb83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2006, 07:58 AM   #6
VersusBatman
Sun King

I did it once with an online friend. The friendship started out great. We met on a Smallville chat board. We bonded over the fact that she found out I was Morman. She even created a chat board just for a small group of friends.

She then met a guy she really liked and invited him over. She got so possesive of him. Even when he showed no interest in her, she gave him lots of attention and excluded me and others. She also started to change. She started using foul language and stopped going to church. I finially got fed up and dropped her.

It looks like they just put a whole lotta movies in a blender and turned it on really fast. - Myster Science Theater 3000

"They're dead grotty!" - George Harrison

Comic Book Guy: But, Aquaman, you cannot marry a woman without gills. You're from two different worlds... Oh, I've wasted my life. - The Simpsons
VersusBatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2006, 08:04 AM   #7
Georgie Girl
Sun King

This has happened to me over the years, but the one that comes to mind is when I was in first grade, I would walk home with a girl who lived a few streets over from mine. She would chat with me like we knew each other forever. Then, I got moved into her class and from that day, she never spoke to me again. All I did was wave to her.

The west is
the best.
Georgie Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2006, 08:08 AM   #8
Georgie Girl
Sun King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbidge View Post
A group of people I knew did it to me - it hurt (and still does) like hell. One minute it's all "come over and stay the weekend" and so forth, then it's block from all chat lists and non-answering of all texts and emails.
That sounds very strange, Harb.

It was too much for them having one of us intelligent
Beatlelinkers around, apparently.

The west is
the best.
Old Nov 16, 2006, 08:30 AM   #9
Miss Wendy Winters
Wild Honey Pie

I had a friend of 12 years do this to me out of the blue with no explanation, which was completely shocking. And to make matters worse she "dumped" me on a blogl!! Then about 5-6 months later she tried to get back in contact with me like nothing had happened...but I obviously wasn't ready to do that yet since I was still fuming. It's not a nice thing to do to a supposed best friend when there is no real reason behind it, except for the fact that you're having a bad day!
Old Nov 16, 2006, 10:56 AM   #10
twovirgins
Sun King

I can relate to you folks and Ive had it happen to me many many times
sometimes I even wonder what is the point to try to make freinds
mabie Im too sensitive
even my wife and best friend left after seven years dropped me(for my other friend) and acts as If we never knew each other ..my Brother and my Father also dont seem interested in being freinds either
I have a friend phobia now
Old Nov 16, 2006, 11:04 AM   #11
Georgie Girl
Sun King

So strange, the things that go on in people's heads. The ones
that drop us act like we should know what's going on?
At least we're not wasting more time with some of these people.

I think family members should make an effort, but there are so
many issues going on in family relationships, and for whatever
reason, some of those issues are difficult to work through.

The west is
the best.
Old Nov 16, 2006, 01:01 PM   #12
FrenziedFan
Fool On The Hill

Send a message via MSN to FrenziedFan

This happened to me once with a friend I has since I was 5. All of the sudden she dropped me and started saying really bad things about me behind my back to my friends. I tried to work it out with her because we had been friends for so long but it just got worse.I still don't know what I did to tick her off so much.

www.myspace.com/blikethesquirrel
FrenziedFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2006, 02:47 PM   #13
sourmilkpinky
Sun King

Quote:
Originally Posted by twovirgins View Post
I have a friend phobia now
oh? is that what it is?
sourmilkpinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2006, 04:22 PM   #14
Weeping Guitar
Mr. Moonlight

Send a message via AIM to Weeping Guitar Send a message via MSN to Weeping Guitar

I think I'm kind of under threat of this happening . . .

You and I have memories
Longer than the road that stretches out ahead
Weeping Guitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2006, 02:12 AM   #15
Harb83
Co-Admin Geezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgie Girl View Post
That sounds very strange, Harb.

It was too much for them having one of us intelligent
Beatlelinkers around, apparently.

It was very weird and seemed to happen after I decided to not keep inviting myself to their places (which I thought was becoming rude of me to do so) and let their half of the friendship want to invite me instead.

It never happened and now I never hear from any of them.
Harb83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2006, 11:45 PM   #17
Hari's Chick

I never drop anyone. Once I had to give distance because my close friend hooked up with a satanist and some things just didn't jive well with me anymore. It was painful to watch her go down a path I felt was not for her. But I did say that if she got rid of him, I'd always be there for her. They did break up and now we are really close again.

But basically I will be friends with anyone and always. I find it really easy to like people. I'm still on good terms with everyone from my past.

I've had people drop me, sure... but in retrospect I don't feel they were such swell or understanding people so I do not miss them.
Old Nov 20, 2006, 10:38 AM   #18
Asha
Sun King

As a teenager I was dropped by people. I used to wonder why & tried to find out, but never could get an answer. But like HC said... I found that these weren't always the most "swell" people anyway. Maybe we were just different & went out own ways?

I can't remember anyone I may have dropped. Hmmm . It's not like me to do so.

I usually do a "3 timer". I will contact someone 3 times in some form or another. If I get no answer/reply... I simply let them go as I figure they don't want anything to do with me.

There are millions of great people in the world. So when some move on, I just open the door to some more!
Asha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2006, 01:24 PM   #19
VersusBatman
Sun King

Some people are just fair weather friends. They stick around when times are good, but when you really need a shoulder to cry on, they take off.

It looks like they just put a whole lotta movies in a blender and turned it on really fast. - Myster Science Theater 3000

"They're dead grotty!" - George Harrison

Comic Book Guy: But, Aquaman, you cannot marry a woman without gills. You're from two different worlds... Oh, I've wasted my life. - The Simpsons
VersusBatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2006, 08:45 PM   #20
rubbersoulster_mel
Taxman

Send a message via AIM to rubbersoulster_mel Send a message via Yahoo to rubbersoulster_mel

I can honestly say I've tried not to drop anybody, but thinking about it, I was once advised by my mother to drop my group of friends my freshman year in high school. I remember thinking it was really a bad idea, but at the same time I also had a lot of friends in another group so for some reason I listened to my mom. The whole thing was a HUGE mistake and I ended up getting a horridly nasty note from a few girls who apparently didn't like the idea of me being friends with their friends. In the end, it was my original group of friends (who ended up being my closest friends all throughout high school) who made me feel better and who never even got mad that I had stopped spending time with them for a while.

Sad to say but these days I've pretty much been dropped by my so-called best friend of 12 years. A few of you will probably remember that she was the one who recently got married to a guy who is serious bad news. We have very little to do with each other now, though I've tried a few times to get in touch. Not the way I thought our friendship would go at all.

Someone from the office rang me up and said, 'Look, Paul, you're dead.' And I said, 'Oh, I don't agree with that.' - Paul McCartney

Last edited by rubbersoulster_mel : Nov 20, 2006 at 08:45 PM.
rubbersoulster_mel is offline   Reply With Quote