BeatleLinks LogoNav Panel New Sites Cool Sites Top Rated Fab Forum Add A Site Link To Us Revolution Radio New Products

Go Back   BeatleLinks Fab Forum > Solo Forums > Menlove Avenue

Old May 02, 2012, 05:39 PM   #461
Apple Scruff
Sun King

Default Oh yeah!

But John looked good in any color pants. Still, though, I can accept this as pure fact.

Old May 02, 2012, 05:41 PM   #462
Apple Scruff
Sun King

Thumbs down Bunch of 'non-entities' throwing shade again- what's new?

Sometimes I think John doesn't get enough credit for all his vast accomplishments.

Last edited by Apple Scruff : May 02, 2012 at 05:43 PM.
Apple Scruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 02, 2012, 05:53 PM   #463
Apple Scruff
Sun King

Default Ha!

I'm insulted. Had you bothered to read through the Beatles' sons thread you would clearly see that no one, aside from James in his original interview, thinks this is a good idea. I think Maia may have been OK with a one-off, but seriously? This idea is for the birds. The dodo birds.

Last edited by Apple Scruff : May 02, 2012 at 05:54 PM.
Old May 02, 2012, 07:28 PM   #464
Maia 66
Sun King

Ha ~ you're right, Scruff. I am the only Beatles fan I know who would've enjoyed a one-off. Everyone I know or have read have all agreed it would be a "terrible idea." (That's the exact wording just about everyone uses!)

All I want is the truth
Just give me some truth...

Maia 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 03, 2012, 03:16 AM   #465
Snoopy66
Paperback Writer

Red face There is a little truth in it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple Scruff View Post

What is this BS? Cynthia Lennon is far from "dismissed" from any Beatles story. Good night! The woman's had two well-publicized books, given LOADS of interviews, referred to in-depth in nearly every Lennon biography- and just for being his freaking wife! Come on now. Come on.

IMO, we need some more Brian Epstein cred and maybe let up on the Cynthia stanning just a tad. I mean, it won't hurt her.
First I want to point out that this confession is not from me

"Dismissed" is probably exaggerated; however it's true that in some Beatles-story Cyn is more or less mentioned like a "footnote" or like a short episode in John's bios. Well, John stayed longer with Yoko than with Cyn and they had much more publicity together than the couple John & Cyn, who was hardly noticed during the Beatlemania. That's just fact I think.

Further, I don't think that Cyn's books gave her more importance in the Beatles-story or even in John's bios. Even if she'd write 5 books more, that wouldn't change much I guess...

Snoopy

Last edited by Snoopy66 : May 03, 2012 at 03:23 AM.
Snoopy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 03, 2012, 04:48 PM   #466
Maia 66
Sun King

Personally, I feel that people who feel Cynthia is "dismissed" from the Beatles story have an unrealistic view of her importance. I think she is mentioned just as much (if not more than) Pattie... and certainly much more than Jane or Mo.

So what is it exactly that people expect?? She really had very little influence on the Beatles, except for the fact that maaaaaaybe she kept John from falling completely apart as he climbed to to the top, but, honestly, I feel that if it weren't for her, then some other nice Liverpool lass could've fit the bill.

All I want is the truth

Old May 03, 2012, 10:41 PM   #467
Snoopy66
Paperback Writer

Question Huh ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maia 66 View Post
She really had very little influence on the Beatles, except for the fact that maaaaaaybe she kept John from falling completely apart as he climbed to to the top, but, honestly, I feel that if it weren't for her, then some other nice Liverpool lass could've fit the bill.
What do you mean by "from falling completely apart as he climbed to the top".... ?

Snoopy
Old May 04, 2012, 03:47 AM   #468
misfittoy
Dr. Robert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoopy66 View Post
First I want to point out that this confession is not from me

"Dismissed" is probably exaggerated; however it's true that in some Beatles-story Cyn is more or less mentioned like a "footnote" or like a short episode in John's bios. Well, John stayed longer with Yoko than with Cyn and they had much more publicity together than the couple John & Cyn, who was hardly noticed during the Beatlemania. That's just fact I think.

Further, I don't think that Cyn's books gave her more importance in the Beatles-story or even in John's bios. Even if she'd write 5 books more, that wouldn't change much I guess...

Snoopy
Hardly noticed? Don't forget, that was engineered by Brian Epstien that the boys all appear to be single for their image though some wonder if it was Brian's mysogeny that was also at fault, and his feelings for John. (Peter Brown speculated this in his book and a lot of his wild stories have been proven to be true).

A pop star hiding his wife for publicity is a part of their history. Cyn also wrote the best account of the first LSD trip.
misfittoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 04, 2012, 06:31 AM   #469
Snoopy66
Paperback Writer

Question Wild stories ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by misfittoy View Post
Hardly noticed? Don't forget, that was engineered by Brian Epstien that the boys all appear to be single for their image though some wonder if it was Brian's mysogeny that was also at fault, and his feelings for John. (Peter Brown speculated this in his book and a lot of his wild stories have been proven to be true).
Yes, it's true that it was also controlled by Brian Epstein. Though, I don't think that he was mysogene; he got along quite good with Cyn, according to her book. I think he wanted to keep Cyn in the background only for publicity-reasons and not because he didn't like her.

I don't know the book of Peter Brown; which "wild stories" have proven to be true ? Any example ? Thank's !

Snoopy
Old May 04, 2012, 06:42 AM   #470
J.Winston.L
Nowhere Man

Quote:
I don't know the book of Peter Brown; which "wild stories" have proven to be true ? Any example ? Thank's !
I read once where John said that previous biographies about the Beatles didn't "tell it all" because they didn't want to embarrass or hurt wives, girlfriends and family.
I also remember hearing that there was a picture of John running down the hallway of the hotel they were staying at on one of their first tours of the USA completley naked and carrying a naked lady in his arms.
I'm sure he had that classic smile on his face.
But Epstein and company got all the copies and of course destroyed them.
I'll bet that lady wished today that she had a copy.
Old May 04, 2012, 08:37 AM   #471
Fly
Dr. Robert

Default Bravo!!!

Quote:
Personally, I feel that people who feel Cynthia is "dismissed" from the Beatles story have an unrealistic view of her importance. I think she is mentioned just as much (if not more than) Pattie... and certainly much more than Jane or Mo.

So what is it exactly that people expect?? She really had very little influence on the Beatles, except for the fact that maaaaaaybe she kept John from falling completely apart as he climbed to to the top, but, honestly, I feel that if it weren't for her, then some other nice Liverpool lass could've fit the bill.

THANK YOU MAIA.

Look, Snoopy may be the unassigned leader of the Cynthia Lennon Society, so she's slightly biased let's be real. Cynthia has too much f***ing attention, and I'm tired of everyone using her gawda** books as Bible on the life of John Lennon. Give me a f***ing break.
Old May 04, 2012, 05:30 PM   #472
misfittoy
Dr. Robert

Quote:
Yes, it's true that it was also controlled by Brian Epstein. Though, I don't think that he was mysogene; he got along quite good with Cyn, according to her book. I think he wanted to keep Cyn in the background only for publicity-reasons and not because he didn't like her.

Snoopy
Peter Brown was the first to write about George having an affair with Ringo's first wife Maureen. Later it was proven to be true and both Pattie and Chris O'Dell, a friend of George's and Pattie's have told more details.
makes me wonder what other stories he told that could be true.
misfittoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 05, 2012, 07:35 AM   #473
Maia 66
Sun King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple Scruff View Post
W-w-wait! How did I miss that one? John's music is "mediocre at best"???

What a complete idiot.

All I want is the truth

Old May 05, 2012, 12:37 PM   #474
Snoopy66
Paperback Writer

Talking

Quote:
W-w-wait! How did I miss that one? John's music is "mediocre at best"???
Of course, it is ... didn't you noticed that by now ?

Snoopy
Old May 05, 2012, 12:49 PM   #475
Snoopy66
Paperback Writer

Angry Bla-bla-bla-bla..... bla-bla-bla-bla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly View Post
[/b]

Look, Snoopy may be the unassigned leader of the Cynthia Lennon Society, so she's slightly biased let's be real. Cynthia has too much f***ing attention, and I'm tired of everyone using her gawda** books as Bible on the life of John Lennon. Give me a f***ing break.
Hmmmpf

Well, I never get tired of seeing or reading about the era of John & Cyn, because then John looked at his best IMHO

If I had the choice to meet once Cyn or Yoko, I wouldn't hesitate one second !! Though Cyn's book isn't the bible to me, it will always be one of my absolute favourite book

I think Cy paints a very interesting, personal and honest picture of the "private" John before and during the Beatlemania.

Snoopy
Old May 05, 2012, 01:33 PM   #476
Apple Scruff
Sun King

Default Oh snap!

Quote:
Hmmmpf

Well, I never get tired of seeing or reading about the era of John & Cyn, because then John looked at his best IMHO

If I had the choice to meet once Cyn or Yoko, I wouldn't hesitate one second !! Though Cyn's book isn't the bible to me, it will always be one of my absolute favourite book

I think Cy paints a very interesting, personal and honest picture of the "private" John before and during the Beatlemania.

Snoopy
Old Jul 05, 2012, 03:29 PM   #477
Apple Scruff
Sun King

Default Why you gotta depress me like this?

Ok? My heart is broken enough over this. Let's have some happier confessions or I'll be forced to make more of them myself.

Last edited by Apple Scruff : Jul 05, 2012 at 03:30 PM.
Old Jul 05, 2012, 03:35 PM   #478
Apple Scruff
Sun King

Default Awww...

Sweet. But, really, John wouldn't care for that. True love is out there for everyone and once you realize that it could be much smoother sailing.
Old Jul 06, 2012, 09:43 AM   #479
Maia 66
Sun King

Scruffie, you should start a blog giving advice to teenaged Lennonistas!

All I want is the truth

Old Jul 06, 2012, 12:50 PM   #480
Apple Scruff
Sun King

That is such a sweet idea, Maia! I am definitely considering a Tumblr...I still feel like I'm a little, er, "mature" for that Tumblr world. But maybe I'm overthinking this.