BeatleLinks LogoNav Panel New Sites Cool Sites Top Rated Fab Forum Add A Site Link To Us Revolution Radio New Products

Go Back   BeatleLinks Fab Forum > Solo Forums > Crackerbox Palace

Old Sep 11, 2011, 09:33 AM   #41
Hari's Chick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgie Girl View Post
Why DIDN'T Bob Dylan participate?
I think for the same reasons he didn't do the Concert for George. Bob is very private about his reflections and emotions. I suspect when things are very important to him, that's when he is most silent. That's how I feel him, anyway?
Old Sep 11, 2011, 08:57 PM   #42
beatlelover45223

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWW View Post
Missfittoy as others have said, many of us here find this deeply offensive and it has no place on a George forum.

Likewise your comments on Islam are even more offensive. Ignorance and Prejudice and Hate have no place in this world and certainly not on a George Harrison forum.. Peace to You and i hope you find peace and understanding for all religions and in yourself.

Thank You.
Well said CWW, I could not have said it better!

~ Nancy ~
beatlelover45223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2011, 10:14 PM   #43
CWW
Wild Honey Pie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hari's Chick View Post
I think for the same reasons he didn't do the Concert for George. Bob is very private about his reflections and emotions. I suspect when things are very important to him, that's when he is most silent. That's how I feel him, anyway?
Exactly!! Bob is Bob!!

"take me to the river, drop me in the water..."
- David Byrne
CWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2011, 07:40 AM   #44
Unknown Delight
Nowhere Man

-

I had wondered about Bob's non-involvement at the CFG ....and now i know.

Thanks for the insight.

www.youtube.com/user/pizzatimeplayer
Unknown Delight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2011, 07:45 AM   #45
Unknown Delight
Nowhere Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by larainefan View Post
The lyrics from Life Itself speak of "They call you Christ, Vsnu, Buddha, Jehovah, Our Lord, You are Govindam, Bismillah, Creator of All..." showing how those are all just embodiment names put onto the same life force. Anyhow, I think of George more as a spiritual being than a religious one, he was able to encompass the best of everything.

Totally agree.

For those wishing to refresh their memory with this wonderful song.....

http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTG3y4Q786g

-

Last edited by Unknown Delight : Sep 12, 2011 at 07:47 AM.
Old Sep 12, 2011, 08:05 AM   #46
darkhorse23
Dr. Robert

Quote:
George was always into Bob and including him in his life and career. From recording a few of Bob's songs, songwriting collaboration, Concert for Bangladesh, Travelling Wilburys, performing at Bob Dylan's 30thanniversary show, etc. I find it odd that he chose not to participate in this documentary, almost insulting if he chose because George or sharing his feeling about George isn't very important to him.
www.americanpatrol.com[/color]
darkhorse23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2011, 09:02 AM   #47
VersusBatman
Sun King

I thought Bob didn't do the Concert For George because he was busy doing a tribute concert for Johnny Cash.

It looks like they just put a whole lotta movies in a blender and turned it on really fast. - Myster Science Theater 3000

"They're dead grotty!" - George Harrison

Comic Book Guy: But, Aquaman, you cannot marry a woman without gills. You're from two different worlds... Oh, I've wasted my life. - The Simpsons
VersusBatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2011, 10:22 AM   #48
Hari's Chick

Quote:
Originally Posted by VersusBatman View Post
I thought Bob didn't do the Concert For George because he was busy doing a tribute concert for Johnny Cash.
I think Bob's part was pre-recorded and sent in for the Cash tribute, wasn't it?

Bob's not one to really show his emotions in public... it's just a Bob thing. My Mom used to say "quiet rivers run deep," and I'd definitely apply that one to Bob. I know he deeply loved George- released a beautiful statement about him, one of the most touching, when George passed. If Bob says it once, I don't think he's one to say too much later, you know?

Also he preformed Something as a tribute. Once when asked directly about George he said him and George were buddies.
Old Sep 12, 2011, 10:25 AM   #49
Hari's Chick

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkhorse23 View Post
George was always into Bob and including him in his life and career. From recording a few of Bob's songs, songwriting collaboration, Concert for Bangladesh, Travelling Wilburys, performing at Bob Dylan's 30thanniversary show, etc. I find it odd that he chose not to participate in this documentary, almost insulting if he chose because George or sharing his feeling about George isn't very important to him.
George was very clear on how Bob expressed himself, and loved Bob for it. Once asked about if they were close friends George remarked Bob was a very dear friend to him ... but said he didn't want to speak for Bob. George said this in a very sweet, good natured, respectful way. Gosh, when asked if he had another child, what would he name him... George said Dylan! He adored Bob. Some love in friendship needs no explaination or even confirmations... it's beauty just IS.
Old Sep 12, 2011, 10:38 AM   #50
larainefan
Little Child

Awwww, Dhani and Dylan!!! That is so cute, I had no idea George would have named another child Dylan. I've always wondered what names he and Olivia had chosen for any daughters they might have had. I guess Dylan can work for either sex, though.
larainefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2011, 11:55 PM   #51
CWW
Wild Honey Pie

Quote:
George was very clear on how Bob expressed himself, and loved Bob for it. Once asked about if they were close friends George remarked Bob was a very dear friend to him ... but said he didn't want to speak for Bob. George said this in a very sweet, good natured, respectful way. Gosh, when asked if he had another child, what would he name him... George said Dylan! He adored Bob. Some love in friendship needs no explaination or even confirmations... it's beauty just IS.
Couldnt have put it better myself!!

Bob doesnt really do interviews, only a handful of TV interviews in the last 20-30 years!! I think he finds it very uncomfortable being asked questions like this, let alone about such a great buddy..

He didnt do the CFG cause he was touring and filming "masked and Anonomous" at the time, and yeah for a lot of personal reasons mentioned above..As also mentioned instead he played "Something" instead at Madison Square Garden and actually SPOKE about George to the audience (Bob doesnt speak at concerts!!) saying "we were such good buddies". Just a couple of years ago while in Liverpool he again perfomed "Something". This speaks volumes i feel...

Bob's never been a joiner, he played his own personal tribute he has never been one to go with the pack..the only time he ever did was the Wilburys which was Georges baby..That says it all to me

"take me to the river, drop me in the water..."
- David Byrne
CWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2011, 09:11 AM   #52
Hari's Chick

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by larainefan View Post
Awwww, Dhani and Dylan!!! That is so cute, I had no idea George would have named another child Dylan. I've always wondered what names he and Olivia had chosen for any daughters they might have had. I guess Dylan can work for either sex, though.
Isn't that very sweet?
Old Sep 30, 2011, 05:12 PM   #53
misfittoy
Dr. Robert

I'll tell you what questions I hope the movie answers: Why GEorge and John became estranged. I've only heard rumors.
misfittoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 01, 2011, 03:53 PM   #54
Unknown Delight
Nowhere Man

-

The reason i have read in several places was that John was somewhat dissapointed and offended by not being mentioned in George's own autobiography, "I Me Mine" that was released in 1980. John felt 'forgotten' and it hurt his feelings. or perhaps his ego if that is the way some people choose to view it.

Either way, this was what is beleived to have been one of the main reasons. There may well have been more to it then that.

Old Oct 03, 2011, 12:50 PM   #55
beatlebangs1964

Send a message via AIM to beatlebangs1964

I think feelings is more a propos. I think that John, who being older and worldly in the eyes of his younger friend and bandmate, probably felt slighted since he did agree to include George in the band that would become the world's greatest band.

If I seem to act unkind, it's only me, it's not my mind. -- George Harrison, 1966

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/c...rtc/signatures

http://www.reddit.com/r/troubledteen...aten_at_green/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7g0oiJ52Gw
beatlebangs1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 05, 2011, 03:51 AM   #56
misfittoy
Dr. Robert

I always felt that there was something more between John and George that led to the fight. Probably things building up over the years. I know that according to what I read about John's audio diaries that were never published, it really upset him badly.

I'm partway through browsing the book and has anyone had any interesting surprises yet from reading it and looking through it? Under the school form showing George's registration, under 'additional religous instruction' it was marked No.
misfittoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2011, 01:55 PM   #57
Esmirelda
Sun King

One thing that I hoped to learn while watching the documentary; I always heard that George didn't care for his own song 'Don't Bother Me'. Why didn't he like it?
Old Oct 11, 2011, 02:05 PM   #58
constance
Nowhere Man

I read that he just wrote it when he was sick in a hotel room and that it was mostly just to see if he could write a whole song, and the fact that he was sick was probably why the lyrics are negative.
constance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 2011, 03:59 AM   #59
beatlebangs1964

Send a message via AIM to beatlebangs1964

I loved seeing pictures of George in 1963 when he came to America. Seeing George aboard a ferry makes one think of Harold Sr. during his days as a merchant seaman, traveling distant ports via Liverpool.

I loved seeing postcards and letters George wrote home AND to his sister.

If I seem to act unkind, it's only me, it's not my mind. -- George Harrison, 1966

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/c...rtc/signatures

http://www.reddit.com/r/troubledteen...aten_at_green/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7g0oiJ52Gw
beatlebangs1964 is offline   Reply With Quote