BeatleLinks LogoNav Panel New Sites Cool Sites Top Rated Fab Forum Add A Site Link To Us Revolution Radio New Products

Go Back   BeatleLinks Fab Forum > Beatles Forums > I Read The News Today

Old Jul 05, 2002, 11:51 PM   #1
Amalthea
Old Brown Shoe

Default McCartney dodges honeymoon questions

http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/ent...00/2096832.stm

Sir Paul McCartney and his new wife Heather have stepped out for their first public appearance since the wedding, but refused to discuss their honeymoon.
The couple attended an awards ceremony honouring young people, associated with the Duchess of York Sarah Ferguson's Children in Crisis charity.

But following questions about their recent holiday and any plans for the future they cut short interviews.

Asked whether Heather, who is going under the name Mills McCartney, was getting broody, Sir Paul showed his frustration.

"Oh here we go, the British press. I mean, Jesus, isn't that so typical," he said.

"I think we can nix that question and try to get on with what we are here for, which is Sarah's charity and the charity work done."

Asked how their honeymoon had gone, Sir Paul said they were not going to say anything about it and then cut short the interview.

The former Beatle married his girlfriend of nearly three years during a private ceremony in the grounds of Castle Leslie, Glaslough, in the Republic of Ireland, on 11 June.

They had gone to great lengths to keep the details of the wedding a secret but once the location was discovered swarms of press descended on the small village.

Just one wedding photograph was released following the lavish event as they tried to keep it as private an occasion as possible.

Honoured

Speaking during the awards ceremony, Mills McCartney said: "Isn't it great that (the children) are actually doing the show and that is an inspiration for all kids."

Posing for pictures following the event, Sir Paul dodged questions on the prospect of children for him and his new wife.

"It is fantastic, they are all very talented kids, we are very proud to be here and honoured to be in their presence," he replied.

When quizzed about the honeymoon, he said: "We are not going to talk about that."

They had been presenting awards at ITV1's Britain's Brilliant Prodigies, in association with the charity Children In Crisis.

The Duchess' charity works with underprivileged children around the world including Sierra Leone, Afghanistan and China.

She admitted she had been star-struck at the event which saw celebrities such as Davina McCall, Olympic rower James Cracknell and actor Martin Kemp present awards

------------------
"Because there wasn't any reason left to keep it all inside"
- Paul McCartney, 1982
Amalthea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 05, 2002, 11:52 PM   #2
Amalthea
Old Brown Shoe

Default Re: McCartney dodges honeymoon questions

http://www.femail.co.uk/pages/standa...in_page_id=119

'Just call me Heather Mills McCartney'

Sir Paul McCartney's new wife is to be known as Heather Mills McCartney, it was revealed last night.

Appearing together at an awards ceremony for the first time since their wedding last month in Ireland, Sir Paul and Heather remained tight-lipped and walked out of a Press conference when asked about their honeymoon.

But it emerged during the recording of Carlton television's awards show Britain's Brilliant Prodigies that Heather is to use both her maiden and married name.

The newlyweds were
unwilling to talk about
their honeymoon

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Davina McCall, host of the show which is due to be broadcast on ITV later this year, introduced the blonde 34-year-old as Heather Mills McCartney rather than Lady McCartney as many had expected.

Heather, wearing a black chiffon and sequinned trouser suit with slashed sleeves, was presenting the Young Person Who Made a Difference prize to seven-year-old Marcus Johns.

She appeared at ease on stage but refused to discuss anything other than the programme afterwards.

Looking tanned, Sir Paul, 60, declined to reveal whether or not the couple were feeling broody.

He said: 'Oh, here we go, Jesus isn't that so typical. We can just mix that question and try again and talk about how we're here for Sarah's charity. We're very proud to be here. They are all very talented kids and we're very honoured about being in their presence.'

When asked about whether or not the couple had enjoyed their honeymoon in the Seychelles, Sir Paul said: 'Thank you very much. We don't want to talk about that, we're going now.'

He then ushered Heather out of the room. saying: 'Right let's go' as he playfully slapped her behind.

An ITV insider said: 'Heather has been known as Heather Mills McCartney throughout our dealings with her on the programme. We've been told that's what she wants to be known as now.'

The final award of the night, for Prodigy of the Year, was presented by the Duchess of York. It was won by talented violinist Nicola Benedetti, aged 14.

Also handing out prizes were former EastEnders actor Martin Kemp and Olympic gold medalwinning rower James Cracknell.

------------------
"Because there wasn't any reason left to keep it all inside"
- Paul McCartney, 1982
Amalthea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 06, 2002, 12:19 PM   #3
bearkat77
Administrator

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Tahoma, Arial, Sans-Serif">Quote:</font><HR>Originally Posted By Amalthea:

But it emerged during the recording of Carlton television's awards show Britain's Brilliant Prodigies that Heather is to use both her maiden and married name.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I see no problem with this, since Paul's oldest daughter is also named Heather.

------------------

Bearkat77's Beatlemaniac Page
Bearkat77's Tribute to John Lennon
Bearkat77's Tribute to Ringo Starr
bearkat77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 06, 2002, 03:04 PM   #4
FiendishThingie
Bulldog

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Tahoma, Arial, Sans-Serif">Quote:</font><HR>Originally Posted By bearkat77:
I see no problem with this, since Paul's oldest daughter is also named Heather.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah! I think it makes sense, actually!

FT

------------------
"I would say that it doesn't matter whether you're the king of a country
or you're the sultan of Brunei or you're a fabulous Beatle;
it's what's inside that counts." George Harrison
FiendishThingie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 08, 2002, 06:09 AM   #5
Rellevart

Send a message via MSN to Rellevart

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Tahoma, Arial, Sans-Serif">Quote:</font><HR>Originally Posted By Amalthea:

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sounds good. She's lucky she has a short maiden name though. I have a long last name, so I'd sound pretty stupid if I tried to do that if I got married!

------------------
I go back so far, I'm in front of me...
Rellevart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 08, 2002, 10:57 AM   #6
HMVNipper
Sun King

Send a message via AIM to HMVNipper

I think it makes perfect sense for her to use both names...and yeah, Rell, I agree with you, it's a good thing her maiden name is short! Mine was very long...I think using both names lasted precisely one hour once I had to actually answer a phone at work with that mouthful!

------------------
Rooftop Sessions - The Finest In Beatles-Related Fiction. July 2002 Issue Now Up!

"O superb! O Manhattan, my own, my peerless! O strongest you in the hour of danger, in crisis! O truer than steel!" -- Walt Whitman
HMVNipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2002, 06:16 PM   #7
angelgodiva
Bulldog

I use my maiden name along with my married name; when I had my social security card updated, I told her to put Smith, then my husband's name after. The woman asked me if I wanted to hyphenate it, but I told her no, I didn't think I was rich enough...actually, I have several friends who also use both names.

------------------
PEACE ON YA!
angelgodiva is offline   Reply With Quote