BeatleLinks LogoNav Panel New Sites Cool Sites Top Rated Fab Forum Add A Site Link To Us Revolution Radio New Products

Go Back   BeatleLinks Fab Forum > Beatles Forums > I Read The News Today

Old Jun 19, 2004, 12:06 PM   #21
donnamariemoreno27
Mr. Moonlight

Send a message via AIM to donnamariemoreno27
Default Re: Jimmy Nicol: Life moves to a slower beat forgotten drummer

Gee...I feel so bad cuz until this thread came up, I had totally forgotten about Jimmy SORRY JIMMY! But yeah, he in my opinion was a very LUCKY lad to have met the guys let alone PLAY W/ THEM for 10 days Those memories alone would have lasted me a lifetime!

But anyway...I hope all is well w/ him these days, and that he's atleast is in touch w/ his family, cuz that's more IMPORTANT than any fame or fortune, seeing that it's FATHER'S DAY tomorrow...

Donna~
donnamariemoreno27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25, 2005, 11:55 PM   #22
monstr66
Little Child

It is known that in pre-Beatles time Jimmy was playing on the LP tittled Beatlemania. Does anybody know if it was an LP by the Shubdubs or just some compilation album under this title (with no relation to the Shubdubs)?

www.monstr66.narod.ru
monstr66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2005, 02:52 PM   #23
Georgie Girl
Sun King

I remember seeing Jimmy in press conferences that took place during that tour. He seemed like a real nice guy who didn't have any notions about being a Beatle himself, just that he was filling in. He was asked what his plans were after the gig was up, and he said that he was going back to London where "they're fixing up a band for me." I don't know if they were that group or not, tho. This just shows us we should always have a backup plan for our careers. Right, Pete?

The west is
the best.
Georgie Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2005, 06:36 PM   #24
motherTheresa
Old Brown Shoe

Talking my mind tends to wander.......

anybody here ever seen the movie magic with

anthony hopkins? i think ann-margaret is in it too...

well, if you have, doesn't jimmy nicol look like the ventriloquist

dummy? i tell you, it's verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry eerie.

motherTheresa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 07, 2005, 10:21 AM   #25
Maccaboy
Little Child

Default Jimmy Nicol

Hi people i'm new here.

The reason Jimmy Nicol hasn't publicly spoken about his stint of drumming with The Beatles since 1987 is because Apparently Jimmy Nicol Died in 1988 at the age of 49. the Cause of Death is Unknown

So i'm assuming that the 1990 article was a republishment of a 1987 or earlier interview and that the Australian Reporter that "tracked him down to a ground-floor flat on the fringe of a north London industrial estate, where he lives as a virtual recluse" must have been talking to man that's been Dead for 16 years.

Do you believe in Ghosts?

http://www.pmouse.nl/nicol/

The above is the half complete life story of Jimmy Nicol with a couple of Pictures of him from the early 80's, the first one is taken from a 1983 Swedish Documentary about Sweden's "The Spotnicks" with whom Jimmy drummed in the mid to late 60's You can see that Jimmy Looks his age in it (raggedy face, thick brush Moustache with two bashed front teeth poking out) but it's hat's off to him that he still has the same haircut almost 20 years later.

the second picture is supposedly the last known Picture of him from 1984, and it's from a Beatles convention in Holland. In that Picture Jimmy looks happy and shows no sign of "I really don't want to talk about it - I can't remember anything," as his Ghost would say 20 years later.

I hope this proves useful to those who wondered just what Happened to Jimmy Nicol - The Almost Forgotten Beatles Drummer.

-Dom
Maccaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 07, 2005, 10:23 AM   #26
sourmilkpinky
Sun King

very sad news. I like the interviews and foortage on the Anthology with Jimmy.
sourmilkpinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 07, 2005, 11:54 AM   #27
Rellevart

Send a message via MSN to Rellevart

Is that true? I just Googled Jimmy and none of the sources on there came up with any information about him being deceased. The website to which you refer spells his name wrong a couple places and the report of his death you refer to says something like "some guy heard about it in 1994". So I'm a little skeptical that this is reliable information....
Old Sep 07, 2005, 01:12 PM   #28
Maccaboy
Little Child

Default Jimmy

To be honest, i am beginning to think this is Untrue myself.

The Guy who told the guy who made that website was Jimmy's son Howard, but i dunno if it's reliable, for instance Howard could have said his father was dead to preserve his anonymity but then i thought "Why? he was only a footnote really" but there's another reason i now think Jimmy's death is exaggerated.....

I used to play in a Beatles tribute band and once we played in North London in a pub called the Oxbridge in 2002. while we were playing i noticed this man at the bar in a cardigan and he had silver-ish hair and a moustache, a very thick moustache, he couldn't have been much more than 60. and i remember thinking "God that bloke looks familiar" he came over after the set and was a little drunk, he complimented our "Ringo" Neil on his drumming and said he used to play drums many years ago, we were all eager to get our gear into the van and go and get Chips from some Chippy so we wern't paying much attention to him, except Neil who was into a conversation about drumming techniques, then I came over and told Neil we had to get back to the van before Neil left he asked the Bloke "So what's yer name?"

The Bloke replied "Jimmy"

i never thought much of it at the time but all the way back to Liverpool in the van (four hour drive) i kept thinking "Who was that bloke? and why did he seem so familiar?" then it suddenly hit me. it must have been Jimmy Nicol.

and today i kick myself for being so bloody impatient and not realising it and quizzing this bloke more on exactly who he used to play drums with "many years ago". i hope Jimmy is still alive and i hope he's doing ok.

-Dom
Old Sep 07, 2005, 06:55 PM   #29
motherTheresa
Old Brown Shoe

Talking

welcome to b'links dom!

we love liverpudlians here!

motherTheresa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 08, 2005, 12:35 AM   #30
monstr66
Little Child

Anyway, Maccaboy, thank you very much for your post, it's very interesting!

www.monstr66.narod.ru
monstr66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 08, 2005, 03:00 AM   #31
Maccaboy
Little Child

ta very much everyone, it's good to be here.
Old Sep 26, 2005, 04:07 AM   #32
beatlebangs1964

Send a message via AIM to beatlebangs1964

Welcome, Dom. I find your posts very interesting. I still couldn't find any information about his alleged death. How long have you been in Beatle tribute bands? And didn't you say on the Pete Best thread that you had met Paul?

If I seem to act unkind, it's only me, it's not my mind. -- George Harrison, 1966

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/c...rtc/signatures

http://www.reddit.com/r/troubledteen...aten_at_green/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7g0oiJ52Gw
beatlebangs1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 2005, 07:16 AM   #33
Zimmerman The Gnome
Sun King

He's not dead!
Old Sep 26, 2005, 04:14 PM   #34
Maccaboy
Little Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatlebangs1964
Welcome, Dom. I find your posts very interesting. I still couldn't find any information about his alleged death. How long have you been in Beatle tribute bands? And didn't you say on the Pete Best thread that you had met Paul?
Yes i met Paul when i was wee boy of 14, it was just before i started in The Tribute band. and it was backstage at his cavern gig in 1999 with my mate John (who later was in the band with me....as John, lol) and we only had half an hour with him, we chatted and messed about and Geoff Baker kept telling us "Alright Kids, you gotta F***ing Go! Paul's very tired!" and Paul was saying "Ey Alright Geoffrey! they're doing no Harm" i think even then Geoff was getting a little too heavy handed, but i don't wanna say too much in fear of that Pete Best girl comin on here and telling me she's gonna "fact check" because she's the moderator of Geoffbaker.com oooooo! lol and on that subject, if i had said that Pete was a wonderful drummer she probably would have been all sweetness and light, i can't believe that she really BELIEVES Pete is a celebrity in the same League as McCartney and Starr, ahh well what can ya do eh?

and as for Jimmy Nichol, i only found those websites but i don't really believe him to be dead but i haven't researched it thoroughly enough. i have to do that, i would be very interested to hear an article about him being alive and well, and i hope he is!

-Dom

I'm in Love and it's a Sunny Day
Old Sep 26, 2005, 04:41 PM   #35
ringo_rama
Old Brown Shoe

Jimmy's alive; he's just not trying to cash in on his brief tenure with the Beatles.

Please visualize this whenever you read my posts:
Yay!!!!!!
-R_R: eradicating stupidity, one post at a time
ringo_rama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2011, 11:36 PM   #36
JFKin60
Fool On The Hill

Default Sad story...

I'm trying to find out more about Jimmy Nicol, but so far he seems to be just a sad story...
His problems, however, must have been rooted in him prior to his meeting The Beatles.
JFKin60 is offline   Reply With Quote