BeatleLinks LogoNav Panel New Sites Cool Sites Top Rated Fab Forum Add A Site Link To Us Revolution Radio New Products

Go Back   BeatleLinks Fab Forum > Solo Forums > Menlove Avenue

Old Nov 14, 2011, 06:40 PM   #1
Peregrine9
Sgt. Pepper

Default John and Paul go solo in Composing Outside the Beatles Lennon & McCartney 1973-1980

Cleveland.com
November 14, 2011
Now on DVD: John and Paul go solo in "Composing Outside the Beatles: Lennon & McCartney 1973-1980"

After the Beatles broke up, the four lads from Liverpool embarked on solo musical careers in the 1970s, with varying degrees of success. The in-depth, unauthorized documentary, "Composing Outside the Beatles: Lennon & McCartney 1973-1980," compares the efforts of former songwriting partners Paul McCartney and John Lennon as they try to find their footing on their own.Vintage clips and performances mix with recent interviews with experts. While no Beatles songs are heard, probably due to licensing issues, the film does feature a lot of their solo work, from Paul's "Live and Let Die" to John's "Mind Games."

http://www.cleveland.com/movies/inde...aul_go_so.html

Last edited by Peregrine9 : Nov 14, 2011 at 06:45 PM.
Peregrine9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2011, 07:22 PM   #2
darkhorse23
Dr. Robert

Why do we have to compare?

I'm so happy to have been blessed to be fans of The Beatles, John Lennon, Paul McCartney, George Harrison AND Ringo Starr. I've also been fortunate enough to have seen 3 of the 4 Beatles.
www.americanpatrol.com[/color]
darkhorse23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2011, 07:53 PM   #3
Apple Scruff
Sun King

I'm freaking READY for people to pit all the commercial success of Paul over John's lack thereof. I'm used to it. Nothing new, nothing interesting. I'm practically immune to it at this point.

I love music for the MUSIC. For what it brings out in me, how it touches my heart/moves my emotions. I don't give a CARE about the numbers/chart success/Billboard top whatever...I don't care. I just don't.

In fact, most of my favorite artists ever were never huge chart-toppers. They were compelling artistes with a flair for originality/compelling and haunting lyrics and melody...their music is the soundtrack to my life. The Beatles and John are almost the exception in the "success" category for me, but not completely because I have many artists who are superstars that I love. It's the work that moves me, not the numbers.