BeatleLinks LogoNav Panel New Sites Cool Sites Top Rated Fab Forum Add A Site Link To Us Revolution Radio New Products

Go Back   BeatleLinks Fab Forum > Beatles Forums > Paperback Writer

Old Dec 22, 2010, 04:23 AM   #1
JudithKristen
Wild Honey Pie

Default Liverpool, The BBC, Artist Eric Cash, and A Date with a Beatle!

I hope this is the proper place to write this.

I've been away from BeatleLinks for a while... life has been busy... teaching, animal rescue, writing, editing, family... you know how it goes.. :)

But... good news abounds!

Eric Cash (artist extraordinaire) ( ericcashillustrations.com) read my book, "A Date with a Beatle", totally loved it, and then offered to do a new cover that was more suitable to the interior works. (I had sentimental reasons for the old cover and colors... but his idea was amazing and I couldn't say NO!) So, come January, Mr. Cash and his "Rockwellian" style add an amazing dimension to the "ADWAB" book. :)

On top of that.... I got some rave reviews from The British Beatles Fan Club Magazine, Ed Rudy, Cousin Bruce, Famed Breakfast with The Beatles DJ, Dennis Mitchell, AND from Leslie Rogers... better known as George Harrison's niece, who, as a 6 year old back then, couldn't understand (as she said to me) "What all the fuss was about my Uncle G and the band!) :)

(UNCLE G !!!!!!!!! )

THEN...Liverpool Beatles Tour got hold of the book and ran a contest for 12 weeks, you know, Steve Turner (who runs the tours) holding my book in front of famous Beatle-related places, and the first one to guess WHERE it was won a copy of the book! Winners came from Sweden, America, England, Israel, Croatia, France, Belgium, Australia, etc..... It was so cool.

Well, soon after all that, Bill Heckle, who runs The Cavern, got a copy from Steve... Bill loved it so much he read it twice... long story a bit shorter here, the word spread and I was invited to Liverpool for next year's 2011 International Beatles Festival and I also get to speak about my crazy adventure/misadventure back in 1964 when tenacity paid off and I got to meet my favorite Beatle in a very strange way, but hey... it still happened!!! :)

THEN... the BBC got the book and they're coming to America to film a documentary about the Beatles first US Tour, and they asked to film me and to talk about how it all went down. :)

AMAZING!!!!!

All of this to say I am very grateful, blessed, lucky and overwhelmed by all of the lovely mail and calls I get about this true tale of my joy-filled life as a Beatle fan back in the day. :)

I never even thought to write about it, I had been telling the story in person to friends, their friends and even strangers for DECADES!!!! BUT... older friends and family said, "There are more 2nd and 3rd generation fans than original fans these days, you gotta write it so people can know more than just fact and figures about the band... (although facts and figures are WONDERFUL) ...give them the MAGIC we felt as the very first Beatlemniacs!!!!!!!

And so I did.

And I'm glad I did!!!

The Lads continue to work their magic in my life.

It's getting better all the time...

~Judy
JudithKristen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2010, 02:59 PM   #2
Terri287
Little Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudithKristen View Post

I've been away from BeatleLinks for a while... life has been busy... teaching, animal rescue, writing, editing, family... you know how it goes.. :)

Eric Cash (artist extraordinaire) ( ericcashillustrations.com) read my book, "A Date with a Beatle", totally loved it, and then offered to do a new cover that was more suitable to the interior works. (I had sentimental reasons for the old cover and colors... but his idea was amazing and I couldn't say NO!) So, come January, Mr. Cash and his "Rockwellian" style add an amazing dimension to the "ADWAB" book. :)

On top of that.... I got some rave reviews from The British Beatles Fan Club Magazine, Ed Rudy, Cousin Bruce, Famed Breakfast with The Beatles DJ, Dennis Mitchell, AND from Leslie Rogers... better known as George Harrison's niece, who, as a 6 year old back then, couldn't understand (as she said to me) "What all the fuss was about my Uncle G and the band!) :)

(UNCLE G !!!!!!!!! )

THEN...Liverpool Beatles Tour got hold of the book and ran a contest for 12 weeks, you know, Steve Turner (who runs the tours) holding my book in front of famous Beatle-related places, and the first one to guess WHERE it was won a copy of the book! Winners came from Sweden, America, England, Israel, Croatia, France, Belgium, Australia, etc..... It was so cool.

Well, soon after all that, Bill Heckle, who runs The Cavern, got a copy from Steve... Bill loved it so much he read it twice... long story a bit shorter here, the word spread and I was invited to Liverpool for next year's 2011 International Beatles Festival and I also get to speak about my crazy adventure/misadventure back in 1964 when tenacity paid off and I got to meet my favorite Beatle in a very strange way, but hey... it still happened!!! :)

THEN... the BBC got the book and they're coming to America to film a documentary about the Beatles first US Tour, and they asked to film me and to talk about how it all went down. :)

AMAZING!!!!!

All of this to say I am very grateful, blessed, lucky and overwhelmed by all of the lovely mail and calls I get about this true tale of my joy-filled life as a Beatle fan back in the day. :)

I never even thought to write about it, I had been telling the story in person to friends, their friends and even strangers for DECADES!!!! BUT... older friends and family said, "There are more 2nd and 3rd generation fans than original fans these days, you gotta write it so people can know more than just fact and figures about the band... (although facts and figures are WONDERFUL) ...give them the MAGIC we felt as the very first Beatlemniacs!!!!!!!

And so I did.

And I'm glad I did!!!

~Judy
That is fantastic, Judith - congratulations!!!

"Is there anybody going to listen to my story...?"
www.dasliebchenkind.com
Original Beatles Fan Fiction
Terri287 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2011, 02:51 PM   #3
beatlebangs1964

Send a message via AIM to beatlebangs1964

Congratulations! How wonderful!

Leslie called George her "Uncle G." In the George Harrison Fan Club Newsletter, Louise Harrison had her own column. She said her neices and nephews called her "Aunt Lou" and Mr. Harrison was "Uncle Hal." George, born at a whopping 10 pounds was always George. She said he uttered his first words at 6 months and walked at 10 months. She described him as "sensible and independent" as well as "practical."

If I seem to act unkind, it's only me, it's not my mind. -- George Harrison, 1966

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/c...rtc/signatures

http://www.reddit.com/r/troubledteen...aten_at_green/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7g0oiJ52Gw
beatlebangs1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2011, 10:45 PM   #4
Terri287
Little Child

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudithKristen View Post

(UNCLE G !!!!!!!!! )

AMAZING!!!!!

And so I did.

And I'm glad I did!!!

~Judy
I just wanted to bump this thread to remind everyone in the NYC area that Judith will be one of the guest authors at the Fest for Beatles Fans this coming weekend. Judith will be talking about her TRUE story as recounted in her wonderful book, "A Date With a Beatle."
Congrats and many best wishes, Judith - I'll be looking forward to seeing you again this year - and this time, I want to hear all about the naughty hijinks that went on at the Lafayette in AC that you left out of the book!

"Is there anybody going to listen to my story...?"
www.dasliebchenkind.com
Original Beatles Fan Fiction
Terri287 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2011, 01:46 PM   #5
misfittoy
Dr. Robert

This book is on my 'must get' list as I've heard nothing but good things about it from George fans who read it in my writers group and George group.

I know how she feels finding out certain others have read it. I've gotten a few notes from a few names which stories of mine have been enjoyed and passed on and that made my day. (Considering one was someone I didn't care for, it made it all the more special to me knowing they didn't feel the same about my work as I felt about theirs).
I'm glad her book is getting some recognition. It's something a lot of us dreamed about, having a date with a Beatle. espeically George. (Don't tell Paul, but George always was my first favorite)
misfittoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2011, 02:55 PM   #6
JudithKristen
Wild Honey Pie

For decades I edited for other people and then finally I wrote my own books for children and animal stories that taught humane education... I had no plans to write this one... but... I'm sure glad my old friends from long ago (plus hubby, Andrew) told me it was a great story that new generations needed to hear, and for those who remember it first hand.

I thank all of you for the kind words.

I am ever grateful.

:)

~Judy

XOXOX
Old Apr 20, 2011, 03:51 PM   #7
beatlebangs1964

And I love your books. I never met a more resourceful (or should I say reGEORGEful) George fan!

If I seem to act unkind, it's only me, it's not my mind. -- George Harrison, 1966

Old Jun 03, 2011, 04:32 AM   #8
JudithKristen
Wild Honey Pie

reGEORGEful !!!!!!

... too cute!

As I often tell you, I like you more all the time! :)

Happy weekend, my friend!!!!
Old Jun 04, 2011, 05:12 AM   #9
misfittoy
Dr. Robert

I thought of you recently. I bought a new Beatle book of unpublished photographs taken by their tour manager and hookers being brought to Atlantic city was mentioned. It said the Beatles didn't touch them. (I've got a bridge to sell yah while I'm at it). I wonder if that was when you and your friend were there with those ladies of the eveneing?

I also wonder what would have happened when you got into their suite if you had kept calm. How long would they have let you stay?
misfittoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2011, 02:56 AM   #10
JudithKristen
Wild Honey Pie

Well, actually, I thought the hookers were pretty nice girls. I mean, they were friendly to me.
They were all dressed as if they were going to a lovely party, not dressed like some rock star girls in their music videos these days.

...But, still, I was only 16 and it was a little scary when the reality of it hit me. Let me tell you... there had to be 25 of them that went upstairs on that elevator!
And I'm sure they all didn't go up there to play Monopoly with George and Jackie DeShannon.

Although, by evening's end... and NOT the way I planned by a long shot.... I got to meet George in a way that was sweet and magical... and he was the lovely lad I always hoped he would be.

I mean it with all of my heart when I say that The Harrison Family had many reasons to be proud of George.

:)
Old Jul 25, 2011, 10:03 AM   #11
beatlebangs1964

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudithKristen
I got to meet George in a way that was sweet and magical... and he was the lovely lad I always hoped he would be.

I mean it with all of my heart when I say that The Harrison Family had many reasons to be proud of George.
Amen, Sister Judy!

George always was a little Louise French boy.

Harold Sr. instilled a good work ethic in the Harrison 4 and insisted upon honesty at all times.

Louise taught George and his siblings the importance of being a good person. I think there is a lot of Louise in her beautiful son George.

Last edited by beatlebangs1964 : Jul 25, 2011 at 10:04 AM.