BeatleLinks LogoNav Panel New Sites Cool Sites Top Rated Fab Forum Add A Site Link To Us Revolution Radio New Products

Go Back   BeatleLinks Fab Forum > Solo Forums > Crackerbox Palace

Old Dec 03, 2010, 02:06 AM   #1
FPSHOT
Sun King

Default Sad news from SRF

Some here have interest in SRF.

I got this very sad news via a-mail

In Memoriam: Sri Daya Mata
(January 31, 1914 - November 30, 2010)

It is with the deepest respect and love for our beloved president and sanghamata that we share with you the news that Sri Daya Mata passed away peacefully on November 30, 2010. To the countless thousands of members and friends who were profoundly touched by her presence, she was the embodiment of our Guru's teachings and life work, and her unconditional love will most certainly continue to bless the lives of each one of his worldwide spiritual family.
December 1, 2010
Dear Ones,

Late last evening, our beloved Sri Daya Mataji, president and sanghamata of Self-Realization Fellowship/Yogoda Satsanga Society of India, peacefully left her mortal form. Her life, so radiant with the light and love of God, has joined the vast ocean of His omnipresent love. How grateful we are that Divine Mother allowed her to stay for so many years to bless this world with her motherly love and compassion, which have touched the lives of us all. Our hearts long to have her with us still. Yet we would not mar with grief the heavenly joy of the divine welcome she has received in the realm beyond this world, or begrudge her the bliss beyond imagining that her soul knows now for having so nobly, courageously, and perfectly fulfilled the vast spiritual responsibilities Gurudeva placed on her shoulders.
From the very beginning when she came to the ashram as a shy young girl of seventeen, Guruji saw in her a disciple in whom he could place his utmost trust a true devotee who yearned for God above all else, who would be the "nest egg" of his work, and mother to countless souls on the spiritual path. Through her heart's receptivity, he guided the unfolding of her life, infusing in her the spiritual strength that enabled her to face every challenge the years would bring with utter faith in God, and with the sole desire to do her Guru's will. Through the years, she laid a firm foundation for his work in both East and West and guided it from her complete attunement with his intent and spirit. She faithfully recorded his words of wisdom and steadfastly upheld the purity of his sacred teachings for all the generations of devotees to come.

Our beloved Daya Mataji stirred our hearts with yearning for the Divine, as Gurudeva stirred hers, by living to the fullest his words: "Be so drunk with the love of God that you will know nothing but God; and give that love to all." Immersed in that joyous consciousness, she felt for all of God's children. Souls from around the world poured out to her their deepest feelings and cares, and with the tender love of Divine Mother she held them in her thoughts and prayers. Through her outreaching heart many experienced, perhaps for the first time, what it meant to be loved unconditionally. She wanted only to serve, and her thought was never of self, but "How can I help that soul?"

The essence of her being was love itself and our souls deeply responded. In reverent thankfulness for the blessed gift of her life we bow to God and Guru. And we invite you to join us in prayer as we inwardly strew her soul's path with flowers of gratitude for all that she has given to each one of us, to our blessed Guru's work, and to this world. Let us honor our beloved Ma by going forward with courage and with the divine enthusiasm she instilled in us, laying at her feet the greatest tribute our resolve to follow her example by living divinely, loving God selflessly, and loving one another as part of Him. With invisible bonds of purest love, we will keep her close in our hearts until one day we meet again in His boundless joy.

Yours in divine friendship,

Mrinalini Mata, Vice President

For the Board of Directors of SRF/YSS

Sri Daya Mata impressed me so much with her beautiful words of inspiration and guidance..

FPSHOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 03, 2010, 08:39 AM   #2
Hari's Chick

George thought the world of Sri Daya Mata. God bless her on her journey home.
Old Dec 03, 2010, 01:43 PM   #3
beatlebangs1964

Send a message via AIM to beatlebangs1964

God bless her for her gentle presence.

If I seem to act unkind, it's only me, it's not my mind. -- George Harrison, 1966

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/c...rtc/signatures

http://www.reddit.com/r/troubledteen...aten_at_green/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7g0oiJ52Gw
beatlebangs1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 04, 2010, 02:33 PM   #4
CWW
Wild Honey Pie

Very sad to hear this..

The soul never dies but we in the material world will really miss her source of light and inspiration. the "mother of mercy" as her name translates too or mother of compassion as she was known... George referred to her as an "Angel".

She was very elderly, 96 i believe..Very Good Karma and a life very well lived. She Met Paramahansa Yogananda in the early 1930's and made her it lifes mission to carry out his work - endless debate ensues about how she did that but 70 years of service is truly a lifetime of spiritual service - and something that can never be understated. It must also be pointed out that her election as SRF in president in 1955 - was truly groundbreaking as a Female leader - at a time there were certainly none in politics and certainly not in spiritual traditions - especially Indian ones where women are often treated inequally..Sri Daya Mata certainly put a stop to that notion..and that women coulndt be strong, effective and compassionate leaders.

It is significant i feel she passed so closely to Georges anniversary..November 29/30. Two great disciples of Yogananda..i can feel him smiling.

May we all continue to be enlightened by her example and teachings..

Jai Gurudev

"take me to the river, drop me in the water..."
- David Byrne

Last edited by CWW : Dec 04, 2010 at 03:02 PM.
CWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 06, 2010, 04:03 AM   #5
Lucy

Send a message via AIM to Lucy Send a message via MSN to Lucy

That is sad news.
Old Dec 06, 2010, 08:34 AM   #6
Hari's Chick

I remember the story I heard from the monastics at SRF about George participating in what was a tribute video to Sri Daya Mata. They said it was just a couple monastics and George at SRF Mother Center the day they were recording it. George wanted to speak in the video from his heart and wanted it to be just perfect because he respected Sri Daya Mata so much. He asked to meditate first to center himself... and they said he meditated in the chapel which was Guruji's personal chapel there. After about an hour, George came out and said he was ready. The cameras rolled, and he delivered his tribute. Then the brother said when they turned the camera off... George jumped up all smiles and said, "give us a hug!!" ...and hugged the few monastics there. They said he was so pleased because he had done well. :)

That says so much about her, really, to be so well respected by George...

She will really be missed. I may say that Mrinalini Mata, who signed this letter, is also a long time disciple and so very well respected and loved. I am sure this was a very heartbreaking message for her to have to write, and so I am sending love out to her for her courage and kindness, too... as well to all the monastics and to everyone who knew Ma personally... and to the extended SRF family of devotees saddened by the news.
Old Dec 21, 2010, 01:33 AM   #7
FPSHOT
Sun King

There is really beautiful video material from the special service held at SRF on behalf of Sri Daya Mata

Starting here http://www.youtube.com/user/Yoganand.../0/hqpyL-nYv74

and further on

Old Dec 21, 2010, 10:50 AM   #8
Unknown Delight
Nowhere Man

-
A friend i speak with once in a while was in attendence, and he commented it was a lovely experience for all.

www.youtube.com/user/pizzatimeplayer
Unknown Delight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2010, 01:53 AM   #9
FPSHOT
Sun King

OK good to know someone from our circle was there, I thought there would be more from here.

Old Dec 22, 2010, 03:57 AM   #10
JudithKristen
Wild Honey Pie

She is now yet another angel in a different form.
JudithKristen is offline   Reply With Quote