BeatleLinks LogoNav Panel New Sites Cool Sites Top Rated Fab Forum Add A Site Link To Us Revolution Radio New Products

Go Back   BeatleLinks Fab Forum > Beatles Forums > Act Naturally

Old Jul 06, 2014, 09:07 PM   #1
jonesingjay

Default Anyone Go To See AHDN In the Movie Theatre?

Anyone else been to the movies to see the rerelease of A Hard Day's Night? I had the opportunity to go and wanted to share my experience here. Please, feel free to add your own experiences to the the thread as well.

Today I went to see The Beatles in A Hard Day's night at the movies. I never thought I'd have an opportunity to say that! As you know, it was the 50th anniversary of release of AHDN and nation wide, running from July 4th to the 17th. If it's playing in or near your city I suggest that you take the opportunity to see it! You can find a list of the cities and the theaters their playing at here: http://janusfilms.com/harddaysnight/

My viewing experience happened at the Silent Movie Theatre Cinefamily.

A very cool old style theatre with incredible charm. The staff was friendly and helpful. Old frame poster sized photos of silent movie stars line the walls.

I don't know how the movie was started off for others, but here they played clips of Beatles videos, that also included a cartoon from their animated series and behind the scenes footage of them rehearsing 'Hey, Jude'.

Then there were previews for a couple of independent movies, and the show began! After three FALSE starts. The beginning of the movie was silent. Which I guess is kind of funny as it's called the Silent Movie Theatre. They got it right the third try and the movie began.

It looked beautiful restored and the sound was fantastic! So, kudos to the team who did all of that work for the 50th rerelease.

There was lots of laughing. I think John got the biggest laughs. His tub scene especially had people tickled.

At the end of the movie there was plenty of clapping an overall excitement shared by everyone. It was a mix of different ages, backgrounds, etc.

I was sitting next to a man who'd seen the movie released in 1964 when he was 15.

So, I can't say it enough, but go see it if you can because I really enjoyed the experience. Peace and love. Peace and love.

jonesingjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 07, 2014, 08:44 AM   #2
Uncle_Albert
Day Tripper

My Box comes Thursday
Uncle_Albert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 08, 2014, 03:40 PM   #3
Bongo
Nowhere Man

Talking

Didn't play anywhere near me, but would have gone just for $hits & giggles.
Old Jul 09, 2014, 12:13 PM   #4
Uncle_Albert
Day Tripper

http://img138.imagevenue.com/img.php...3_122_10lo.JPG
Uncle_Albert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 09, 2014, 07:58 PM   #5
jonesingjay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle_Albert View Post
Have you watched it yet? What did you think of the picture quality?
jonesingjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 09, 2015, 08:38 PM   #6
beatlebangs1964

Send a message via AIM to beatlebangs1964

In the winter of 2000 it was showing in my neighborhood theaters. I went to see it so I could enjoy it on a big screen. It was fun to scream at close ups of George and Paul; to sing along with the Beatles and to quote the lines. The audience was really into it, so let's just say I fit right in!

If I seem to act unkind, it's only me, it's not my mind. -- George Harrison, 1966

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/c...rtc/signatures

http://www.reddit.com/r/troubledteen...aten_at_green/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7g0oiJ52Gw
beatlebangs1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 08, 2017, 08:55 AM   #7
happytimes
Fool On The Hill

I am so old that I remember when the movie premiered sometime in the early 60s. I lived in Gothenburg and the band was still not known Beatles among everyone. They had never performed in Gothenburg and I do not think they ever did. As I remember the film did not had the titel "A Hard Days Night" but ”Yeah, Yeah, Yeah. When the boys appeared on the big screen, the girls in the room started to shout. So it went on for 90 minutes. It felt as if we were on a live concert.
happytimes is offline   Reply With Quote