BeatleLinks LogoNav Panel New Sites Cool Sites Top Rated Fab Forum Add A Site Link To Us Revolution Radio New Products

Go Back   BeatleLinks Fab Forum > Other Forums > Here, There & Everywhere

Old Jan 05, 2008, 01:42 PM   #1
digdad
Sun King

Question Foreign Forum Frequenting Thread

Just out of curiosity, are there other forums apart from Beatlelinks that you frequent? And if so, what percentage of your forum time is spent on Beatlelinks vs. others?

digdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 05, 2008, 02:38 PM   #2
The New AimeeAndBeatles
Sgt. Pepper

I spend a lot of time on my Wilburys forum. Even when I'm on another forum, I always keep WilburyMania! in another tab.
Old Jan 05, 2008, 02:40 PM   #3
chaitanya
Sgt. Pepper

for me Beatlelinks is the most foreign forum frequented...

I'm administrator of the most important forum of my soccer team in Italy (10.000 users...)

http://forum.toronews.net/

there's also a "abroad" section...:
http://forum.toronews.net/viewforum.php?f=5
Old Jan 05, 2008, 02:52 PM   #4
sourmilkpinky
Sun King

It has changed drastically recently but, I still spend more time here than other forums. Beatlelinks is always 'here' I just may not be logged in.

I spend two ten minute intervals at Supernatrualtv a day, the same at TWoP forums.

And most of my time is spent on live journal. Maybe a couple hours worth.
sourmilkpinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 05, 2008, 03:05 PM   #5
Lynner

I'm on links more than anywhere else, altho' I go in spurts with time on pogo, cuz the games are fun.
Lynner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 05, 2008, 04:14 PM   #6
digdad
Sun King

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourmilkpinky View Post
It has changed drastically recently but, I still spend more time here than other forums. Beatlelinks is always 'here' I just may not be logged in.

I spend two ten minute intervals at Supernatrualtv a day, the same at TWoP forums.

And most of my time is spent on live journal. Maybe a couple hours worth.
How is TWoP treating you these days? Digmom was on that a lot on the House forum, but the mods apparently got very militant and actually banned one or two members for minor mentions of other shows, even when it fit the discussion. A large group of the House people ended up jumping ship and forming their own forum.

Old Jan 05, 2008, 04:20 PM   #7
Rellevart

Send a message via MSN to Rellevart

I'm on a musician's forum (heavily Beatles/60's weighted) that I love and I spend a lot of time on myspace too.
Old Jan 05, 2008, 04:21 PM   #8
sourmilkpinky
Sun King

Well they treat me fine....because I don't post ;)
They are kind of retarded with how you post, what you post and how you dot your i's. I have gotten a warning about using capitalizations. I find that to be a waste of the mods time...but whatever.

I only pop in a couple of places to get links to other stuff. There are a lot of people that have access to sooooo much ;) They do my homework for me :)

Sorry digmom had a hard time there.

Last edited by sourmilkpinky : Jan 05, 2008 at 05:09 PM. Reason: spelling: Thank you Rell for not warning me about it ;)
sourmilkpinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 05, 2008, 04:26 PM   #9
Rellevart

Send a message via MSN to Rellevart

Oh geez, I used to be on TWoP too, but the mods there are like the Posting Nazis. If we had to do that here, I'd have been tossed out on my butt years ago.
Old Jan 05, 2008, 06:07 PM   #10
digdad
Sun King

I forgot to mention my forum habits. I frequent two, Beatlelinks and Electric Mole (a Shiina Ringo/Tokyo Jihen forum). But Beatlelinks is really the only one I spend significant amounts of time at. The other I pop into several times over the course of the day to check, but it's a lot smaller community with much more infrequent posting, so I only spend a couple minutes at a time there. I've spent hours here just watching the post come in on several occasions.

Old Jan 05, 2008, 07:39 PM   #11
Lady Madonna
Bulldog

The only other forum I visit on a regular basis is expectingrain.com (Dylan forum), but I don't post there much.
Lady Madonna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 05, 2008, 08:49 PM   #12
ringo_rama
Old Brown Shoe

I got banned from TWoP for telling Miss Alli that one of her recaps was too biased. Miss Alli = the reason why I no longer believe that every human being has some basic decency/goodness inside them. Unfortunately I'm in the minority judging by the hundreds of her Kool-Aid drinking worshipers.

I post a lot over at Survivor Sucks, which is sort of like an enemy board of TWoP's, and was recently named the #14 fan site on the Web by Entertainment Weekly, woo!

Please visualize this whenever you read my posts:
Yay!!!!!!
-R_R: eradicating stupidity, one post at a time
ringo_rama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 05, 2008, 09:31 PM   #13
raul
Paperback Writer

Absolutely none.

Legs
raul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 05, 2008, 10:31 PM   #14
hibgal
Sun King

I had a similar experience to digmom and RR on another music forum, which shall remain nameless. The moderators there would not only ban you for the least thing you did on their forum but stalked you across the Net and went after you for what you said about them on other forums. If you belonged to another forum about "their" group you were a traitor as well and almost invariably banned. Much more relaxed at Linkers.

Otherwise I'm on several oldfashioned maillists, don't know if that counts? One's on my favorite subject, hibiscus, and I've been on it for ten years or so. That's where the hib in hibgal comes from, if somebody ever wondered!
hibgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 05, 2008, 10:37 PM   #15
Serena

i suppose maccaspan, paul's official board, and classic rock forums redux are the only other ones i visit often; however, i am not a frequent poster.

Serena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 05, 2008, 10:49 PM   #16
VersusBatman
Sun King

I frequent TWOP even though the mods do annoy me. I got two warnings for not sticking for to the topic and posting too many "Me too!" comments. They stress that it is a discussion board and you have to add something of substance to the conversation. It's probably why they don't provide smilies.

You probably wonder why I go there. Well, the members over there are some of the funniest people I've ever met. When i feel blue, they're funny posts make me feel better. In fact, I met some very nice people on the Little House On The Prarie thread. It is one of the most active threads on the forum. Some of them got together to create our own chat site, in case TWOP shuts down or if we want to discusse non-topic things away from the mods watchful eyes.

I go to a site called Superdickery.com. It's a fun site that displays the most bizarre comic book covers.

I like Homestarrunner.com. It's a weird site with off the wall animation.

I go to youtube a lot.

I used to belong to the snopes.com message board, but I found the people there are somewhat snobby. A new person has to go through some online initiation in order for people to talk to you. If you don't, then your posts will most likely go unresponded. I also get the feeling that if you don't have some college education then you aren't worth their time. It's a pity since the website is a great source of information.

It looks like they just put a whole lotta movies in a blender and turned it on really fast. - Myster Science Theater 3000

"They're dead grotty!" - George Harrison

Comic Book Guy: But, Aquaman, you cannot marry a woman without gills. You're from two different worlds... Oh, I've wasted my life. - The Simpsons
VersusBatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 05, 2008, 11:26 PM   #17
raul
Paperback Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hibgal View Post
I had a similar experience to digmom and RR on another music forum, which shall remain nameless. The moderators there would not only ban you for the least thing you did on their forum but stalked you across the Net and went after you for what you said about them on other forums. If you belonged to another forum about "their" group you were a traitor as well and almost invariably banned. Much more relaxed at Linkers.

Otherwise I'm on several oldfashioned maillists, don't know if that counts? One's on my favorite subject, hibiscus, and I've been on it for ten years or so. That's where the hib in hibgal comes from, if somebody ever wondered!
i was wrong. i thought its hibernetic, that youre some sort of robot or something

Legs
raul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 06, 2008, 07:36 AM   #18
Georgie Girl
Sun King

Quote:
Originally Posted by hibgal View Post
One's on my favorite subject, hibiscus, and I've been on it for ten years or so. That's where the hib in hibgal comes from, if somebody ever wondered!
Yes, I did!

I have a Myspace page that I play with a lot, plus reading friends' clever blogs (Baby's in Black, for one) and I used to go to GeorgeHarrison.com a lot, but not lately. I need to check it out again, really nice people there (like Aimee!), but there had been a sort of strange situation there.

The west is
the best.
Georgie Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 06, 2008, 08:06 AM   #19
The New AimeeAndBeatles
Sgt. Pepper

There are three types of moderators, I think. At least that I've run into.

The 'personal' ones will ban you just because they don't like you. They're usually cliquey forums. I've had a lot of trouble with them. The worst is when the admin doesn't do anything, he just updates the site and makes rules. I always tend to get banned from these 'cos I'm not the most...popular, you know?

The 'balanced' ones are well... good ones. Thats what I try to do on WilburyMania!. They're usually regular members, they don't try to abuse their power. They're like that on Beatlelinks and the forums I'm not banned from. (LOL.)

The 'ultra-strict' ones will go after you for minor things. I got banned from a forum for posting in the wrong section. After I posted a buncha tutorials for the other members on downloading streaming media. I get banned from these easily because I have trouble keeping track of little rules and knowing if I did something right or wrong.

Last edited by The New AimeeAndBeatles : Jan 06, 2008 at 08:07 AM.
The New AimeeAndBeatles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 06, 2008, 08:38 AM   #20
digdad
Sun King

Quote:
Originally Posted by VersusBatman View Post
You probably wonder why I go there. Well, the members over there are some of the funniest people I've ever met. When i feel blue, they're funny posts make me feel better. In fact, I met some very nice people on the Little House On The Prarie thread. It is one of the most active threads on the forum. Some of them got together to create our own chat site, in case TWOP shuts down or if we want to discusse non-topic things away from the mods watchful eyes.
Digmom was just telling me about the Little House On The Prairie section and how it's both hilarious and left alone by ultra-strict mods.

She also told me a bit more about the problems there in the meet market thread of the House forum, which is the only place she posted. Apparently the problems all started when TWoP was taken over by Bravo. They became very militant about not allowing any discussion of the shows, no matter how tangential, in the meet market threads. There were also Catch 22 sorts of things going on, like warnings for discussing an actress from an episode in the meet market (and told it should be in the episode thread) but according to the rules should not be discussed in the episode thread because it wasn't about the character and had nothing to do with the episode.

It sounds all strange to me, especially given my experiences here at Beatlelinks.