BeatleLinks LogoNav Panel New Sites Cool Sites Top Rated Fab Forum Add A Site Link To Us Revolution Radio New Products

Go Back   BeatleLinks Fab Forum > Solo Forums > Menlove Avenue

Old Sep 05, 2006, 08:43 AM   #21
beatlebangs1964

Send a message via AIM to beatlebangs1964

Sounds plausible, yet regardless of the lead vocalist (Paul), the song sounds more like something Paul would write than John. John probably told Cyn that, but I think Paul wrote it for Jane and it is either mostly or all a Paul creation.

If I seem to act unkind, it's only me, it's not my mind. -- George Harrison, 1966

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/c...rtc/signatures

http://www.reddit.com/r/troubledteen...aten_at_green/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7g0oiJ52Gw
beatlebangs1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 05, 2006, 09:01 AM   #22
Legs
Sun King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Dreamer
At the time it was written and they were performing the song, it was still early in thier career. John- likely having been unfaithful at this point- felt a degree of guilt (remember Norwegian Wood later on was was his story of infidelity to Cyn). So to appease his guilt and perhaps fend off some concerns or suspicions or even an argument she had about his behavior on tour- he told her that he worte it for her to smooth things over. That seems somewhat logical to me. Any takers??
That was then, she should know the truth by now.
Legs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 05, 2006, 01:48 PM   #23
Dr. Dreamer
Mr. Moonlight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legs
That was then, she should know the truth by now.
Oh I certainly think she does know the truth today but perhaps she wanted to illustrate from her viewpoint now how deceptive John was to her then. It was what he said to her then, and maybe she should have followed up with a comment like, "...but of course I found out later it was written by Paul."

I'm inclined give her leeway anyway, after all, in the grand scheme of her relationship to John incorrectly recalling who wrote what and for whom is an error of small size compared to the viewpoint, the memroies and experience of her relationship and marriage to John. She is, like all of us, bound by her perceptions.

Had this error of who wrote "All My Loving" been made by a Beatles Historian (pick one- I'm not going to impune any one of them here for the sake of example) it would be a more grevious mistake.

Make sense??
Old Sep 05, 2006, 02:34 PM   #24
MonaMe577
Bulldog

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatlebangs1964
Sounds plausible, yet regardless of the lead vocalist (Paul), the song sounds more like something Paul would write than John. John probably told Cyn that, but I think Paul wrote it for Jane and it is either mostly or all a Paul creation.
No, it's pretty much all Paul's. John himself said it in an interview, something to the effect of, "Paul wrote it, but I wish I did, because it's really good."

"They're just a passing phase, symptoms of the uncertainty of the times and the confusion about us. I hope, when they get older, they'll get a haircut." -- Billy Graham, on the Beatles
MonaMe577 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 06, 2006, 11:47 AM   #25
Legs
Sun King

Not only does it make sense, I fully agree.
As you said, had this been in an book by an Beatles historian which deals with the recordings, who wrote what and played what instrument it would have been something different. Then it would been an huge error, and you wonder wheter you really can trust the info in that book.

Cynthia's book is about something else. Her story and insights about John.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Dreamer

Had this error of who wrote "All My Loving" been made by a Beatles Historian (pick one- I'm not going to impune any one of them here for the sake of example) it would be a more grevious mistake.

Make sense??

Last edited by Legs : Sep 06, 2006 at 11:48 AM.
Legs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 06, 2006, 07:40 PM   #26
EnchantingLennon
Dr. Robert

I still think she made a song mistake- my guess is "It Won't Be Long" is what she was really thinking about; they were released the same time and were on the same album- Paul wrote All My Loving for Jane and John wrote It Won't Be Long for Cynthia; they are both similar too looking forward to coming home and spending time with each other.
EnchantingLennon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2006, 10:52 PM   #27
wildewoman
Taxman

I havent read this book yet (I read "A Twist of Lennon" years ago), but I read about her book signing at the Barnes & Noble at Union Square. I read Fred Seaman was there at the signing. Is she friends with *that* loser?

Also, I read a review that Yoko said something terrible to Cynthia the day after John died. Can anyone tell me?
wildewoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 2006, 01:59 AM   #28
sadie
Sun King

I would look but i have just packed the book away!
Old Sep 26, 2006, 03:04 AM   #29
kazgirl
Wild Honey Pie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildewoman
Also, I read a review that Yoko said something terrible to Cynthia the day after John died. Can anyone tell me?
If memory serves, it had to do with Julian flying to New York alone after John's death, apperently Yoko would allow Julian, but not Cyn to be there.
Kaz
when it all works out,
it doesn't matter much to me
kazgirl is offline   Reply With Quote