BeatleLinks LogoNav Panel New Sites Cool Sites Top Rated Fab Forum Add A Site Link To Us Revolution Radio New Products

Go Back   BeatleLinks Fab Forum > Beatles Forums > Abbey Road

Old May 07, 2006, 03:52 PM   #1
Yesterday and Today
Fool On The Hill

Default McFarlane Beatles figures

I've been thinking about purchasing both the Yellow Submarine and Saturday Morning Cartoon figures for a while now. And I've been wondering if anyone here owns these? From what I've seen they've got there likenesses down wonderfully, but I would like to see wht you guys have to say about them. If possible, can anyone post comparison pictures of both figures in terms of scale and appearance? Thank you.
Yesterday and Today is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 07, 2006, 07:58 PM   #2
62hofner

Hi!

I have both of the "Yellow Submarine" series figures (Beatles and Sgt. Peppers figures). They are awesome. I don't have pics of them. Various toy collectible web sites should give some good views of them. They are slightly poseable - the legs, heads, hands (at the wrists), and arms move. The "villains" are neat, as well. The Apple Bonker is a bit unblalanced, and has trouble staying standing when you place the apple in his hands. They decorate my workspace, and people always comment on how cool they are at the office.

I don't have the cartoon figures although I, too, have been considering getting them. If and when, I plan to find the original set - not the more recent set that includes the crockodlie.

Obviously, these two different figure series differ in "scale"... since they were rendered very differently for their respective cartoons. The Yellow Sub fgures are more "slender", while the morning cartoon figures are shorter with bigger heads, etc.

Hope this helps. Good luck!
62hofner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 08, 2006, 06:57 AM   #3
lennonluvr9
Sun King

Send a message via MSN to lennonluvr9

I cant really add much to what 62 said but i own both sets and i like em a lot! I think they're really cute.

"Logic?? My God, the man's talking about logic. We're talking about universal Armageddon!" Dr. McCoy, Wrath of Khan
lennonluvr9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 08, 2006, 07:15 AM   #4
beatlebangs1964

Send a message via AIM to beatlebangs1964

I have them as well and love them. They were part of my Beatles' exhibit June-July 2005.

If I seem to act unkind, it's only me, it's not my mind. -- George Harrison, 1966

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/c...rtc/signatures

http://www.reddit.com/r/troubledteen...aten_at_green/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7g0oiJ52Gw
beatlebangs1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 08, 2006, 01:29 PM   #5
AMBOISVERT
Dr. Robert

My boys have the yellow submarine set, and they have put up with some pretty serious play, and survived it well. Somehow they captured the wacky 2-D style of the movie in 3-D action figures. An added bonus is that the helmet and mask from a 12-inch Darth Vader figure fits beautifully on George. I am also very fond of the jaw action on the Glove. The periscopes on the sub were the first things to go. Of course, I suspect most people who buy these things never take them out of the box, let alone give them to toddlers.

Tony

AMBOISVERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 08, 2006, 04:02 PM   #6
.Psychedelic.Stars.
Taxman

I've got a little toy Yellow Submarine, but it's not McFarlane.

I've seen the McFarlane Saturday Morning Cartoon Beatles though and I wanted to buy it so bad, because I love the cartoons, but the set was $50 and I didn't have that kinda money to spend. If memory serves, I think they were 6-7 inches in height. This was the box set I saw..

Old May 08, 2006, 05:03 PM   #7
rubbersoulster_mel
Taxman

Send a message via AIM to rubbersoulster_mel Send a message via Yahoo to rubbersoulster_mel

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Psychedelic.Stars.
I've seen the McFarlane Saturday Morning Cartoon Beatles though and I wanted to buy it so bad, because I love the cartoons, but the set was $50 and I didn't have that kinda money to spend.
I know the feeling! Luckily, I found the Paul figure on a clearance table for half price and just couldn't pass it up. Now if I could just find George... the figure that is!

Someone from the office rang me up and said, 'Look, Paul, you're dead.' And I said, 'Oh, I don't agree with that.' - Paul McCartney
rubbersoulster_mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 08, 2006, 05:09 PM   #8
BeatlesFan4life
Dr. Robert

What are McFarlane Beatles figures. Sorry if I am asking about this. It is because I have never heard about them.
BeatlesFan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 08, 2006, 07:18 PM   #9
Yesterday and Today
Fool On The Hill

Thanks for the help everybody. I ended up winning this auction: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWN%3AIT&rd=1
$20.50 for this set isn't a bad price.
Yesterday and Today is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2006, 11:15 AM   #11
Ringo77
Apple Scruff

I had always hoped that McFarlane would produce produce action figures from the the "real" Beatles' likenesses, like they've done with other music legends. They could do different series as the Beatles' looks changed: like the "Mop-Tops in clean suits" series and then the "Rubber Soul/Revolver" series, the "Sgt. Pepper" series, the "White Album 8x10's" series, the "Rooftop Concert" series, and the "Tittenhurst Park photo session" series.

In each series the Beatles would come with their most famous instruments that they played at that time (ex. "Rooftop Concert Series" Ringo would come with his Hollywood kit, etc...)

As you can probably tell, I've put too much thought into this!!!
Ringo77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2006, 03:40 PM   #12
.Psychedelic.Stars.
Taxman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesterday and Today
Thanks for the help everybody. I ended up winning this auction: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWN%3AIT&rd=1
$20.50 for this set isn't a bad price.
$20.50? That's a great deal! Congrats!
Old May 10, 2006, 03:58 PM   #13
62hofner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo77
I had always hoped that McFarlane would produce produce action figures from the the "real" Beatles' likenesses, like they've done with other music legends. They could do different series as the Beatles' looks changed: like the "Mop-Tops in clean suits" series and then the "Rubber Soul/Revolver" series, the "Sgt. Pepper" series, the "White Album 8x10's" series, the "Rooftop Concert" series, and the "Tittenhurst Park photo session" series.

In each series the Beatles would come with their most famous instruments that they played at that time (ex. "Rooftop Concert Series" Ringo would come with his Hollywood kit, etc...)

Good God! I'd go broke!

Ok, I am going to post pics of my McFarlane Yellow Sub figures as soon as I get home tonight. Had my camera with me today, and figured it was the perfect opportunity.

Last edited by 62hofner : May 10, 2006 at 04:59 PM.
Old May 10, 2006, 08:52 PM   #15
.Psychedelic.Stars.
Taxman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo77

That's a great idea! Maybe they will someday, I'd buy them!

Those are awesome pictures 62hofner, it reminds me of the scene where they're tossing the apple around, haha, and Ringo finds an eye in the apples.
Old May 10, 2006, 08:57 PM   #16
BeatlesFan4life
Dr. Robert

What are McFarlane Beatles figures.
Old May 11, 2006, 12:46 PM   #17
62hofner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatlesFan4life
What are McFarlane Beatles figures.
See my most recent post, Bealtesfan.... those are McFarlane (the company who produces them) Beatles Yellow Sub figures.

Someone else posted the saturday morning cartoon figures a few posts before mine.
Old May 11, 2006, 04:37 PM   #18
BeatlesFan4life
Dr. Robert

I'm so sorry to bug you about this. I don't want to be banned from this forum. Where can I find the figures in southern california. How much do they cost to get. Thanks
Old May 11, 2006, 05:08 PM   #19
.Psychedelic.Stars.
Taxman

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatlesFan4life
I'm so sorry to bug you about this. I don't want to be banned from this forum. Where can I find the figures in southern california. How much do they cost to get. Thanks
Don't worry you won't be banned for asking! That's what this place is for! Usually, you'd find them in collectable stores, that's where I saw them. I don't remember the name of the store though... Anyways, you can also purchase them over the internet and they were about $50 Canadian. That's pretty good for all four of them. Seperatly, I have no idea, but to get a good idea on US prices look at them here:

http://www.beatlesstorelondon.co.uk/.../mcfarlane.htm
Old May 11, 2006, 05:55 PM   #20
BeatlesFan4life
Dr. Robert

Thanks .Psychedelic.Stars. for helping me. I dont want to buy stuff online. I just go to the collectable stores and get the figures.