BeatleLinks LogoNav Panel New Sites Cool Sites Top Rated Fab Forum Add A Site Link To Us Revolution Radio New Products

Go Back   BeatleLinks Fab Forum > Other Forums > Not Only A Northern Song

Closed Thread

Old Jul 05, 2002, 03:35 PM   #221
Amalthea
Old Brown Shoe

Default Re: Random Thoughts IV

Is it my imagination or have I finally found something worth living for? I was looking for some action, but all I found was cigarettes and alcohol...

You could wait for a lifetime to spend your days in the sunshine. You might as well do the white line, cos when it comes on top... you gotta make it happen, you've gotta make it happen, you've gotta make it happen, you've gotta make it happen!

Is it worth the aggravation to find yourself a job when there's nothing worth working for? It's a crazy situation, but all I need are cigarettes and alcohol...

You could wait for a lifetime, to spend your days in the sunshine. You might as well do the white line, cos when it comes on top... you gotta make it happen, you've gotta make it happen, you've gotta make it happen, you've gotta make it happen!

------------------
"Because there wasn't any reason left to keep it all inside"
- Paul McCartney, 1982
Old Jul 05, 2002, 03:39 PM   #222
Amalthea
Old Brown Shoe

There we were now here we are, all this confusion, nothing's the same to me. There we were now here we are, all this confusion, nothing's the same to me

But I can't tell you the way I feel, because the way I feel is oh so new to me. No, I can't tell you the way I feel, because the way I feel is oh so new to me...

This is confusion, am I confusing you?
This is confusion, we don't want to fool you...

What I heard is not what I hear, I can see the signs but they're not very clear. What I heard is not what I hear, I can see the signs but they're not very clear...

This is confusion, am I confusing you?

------------------
- Paul McCartney, 1982
Old Jul 05, 2002, 03:41 PM   #223
Amalthea
Old Brown Shoe

What a life it would be, if you would come to mine for tea, I'll pick you up at half past three and we'll have lasagne. I'll treat you like a King, I'll give you strawberries and cream, and then your friends will all go green for my lasagne...

These could be the best days of our lives, but I don't think we've been living very wise...

What a life it would be, if you would come to mine for tea, I'll pick you up at half past three, and we'll have lasagne

These could be the best days of our lives, but I don't think we've been living very wise

What a life it would be, if you would come to mine for tea, I'll pick you up at half past three, and we'll have lasagne. I'll treat you like a King, I'll give you strawberries and cream, and then your friends will all go green for my lasagne...

------------------
- Paul McCartney, 1982
Old Jul 05, 2002, 03:45 PM   #224
Amalthea
Old Brown Shoe

Maybe I don't really want to know how your garden grows. I just want to fly
Lately did you ever feel the pain, in the morning rain, as it soaks it to the bone

Maybe I just want to fly, I want to live I don't want to die. Maybe I just want to breath, maybe I just don't believe, maybe you're the same as me, we see things they'll never see, you and I are gonna live forever

I said maybe I don't really want to know how your garden grows. I just want to fly
Lately did you ever feel the pain, in the morning rain, as it soaks it to the bone

Maybe I will never be all the things that I want to be, but now is not the time to cry. Now's the time to find out why, I think you're the same as me, we see things they'll never see... you and I are gonna live forever

Maybe I don't really want to know how your garden grows. Cos I just want to fly

Maybe I just want to fly, I want to live I don't want to die. Maybe I just want to breath, maybe I just don't believe, maybe you're the same as me, we see things they'll never see, you and I are gonna live forever, we're gonna live forever, gonna live forever, gonna live forever, gonna live forever, gonna live forever, gonna live forever, live forever, forever

------------------
- Paul McCartney, 1982
Old Jul 05, 2002, 03:48 PM   #225
Amalthea
Old Brown Shoe

What was that sound ringing around your brain? Today was just a blur, you gotta head like a ghost train. What was that sound ringing around your brain? You're here on your own who you gonna find to blame?

You're the outcast, you're the underclass, but you don't care, because you're living fast.

You're the un-invited guest who stays 'till the end, I know you've got a problem that the devil sends. You think they're talking 'bout you but you don't know who I'll be scraping your life from the soul of my shoe tonight.

Bring it on down, bring it down for me, your head's in a fish tank, your body and your mind can't breath, bring it on down, bring it down for me, your head's in a fish tank, your body and your mind can't breath

You're the outcast, you're the underclass
But you don't care, because you're living fast.

You're the un-invited guest who stays 'till the end, I know you've got a problem that the devil sends, you think they're talking 'bout you but you don't know who you'll be scraping your life from the soul of my shoe tonight.

------------------
- Paul McCartney, 1982
Old Jul 05, 2002, 03:51 PM   #226
Amalthea
Old Brown Shoe

I'd like to be somebody else and not know where I've been, I'd like to build myself a house out of plasticine... shake along with me, shake along with me

I've been driving in my car with my friend Mr. Soft. Mr. Clean and Mr. Ben are living in my loft... shake along with me, shake along with me

I'm sorry but I just don't know, I know I said I told you so, but when you're happy and you're feeling fine, then you'll know it's the right time, it's the right time
to shake along with me!

Mister Sifter sold me songs when I was just sixteen, now he stops at traffic lights, but only when they're green, shake along with me, shake along with me...

------------------
- Paul McCartney, 1982
Old Jul 05, 2002, 05:04 PM   #228
darkhorse
Sun King

This thread is for posting whatever comes to mind - except insults, swearing and stuff like that, that is...

Like...

"Step into the velvet of the morning
Let yourself lay back within your dreams
Take on the situation but not the torment
Now you know its not as bad as it seems

Well I know you'd like to come away, but baby you can't come
Your fortune is your life's love
Oh and anytime you think about leaving, think about what you know
Well think about it, think about it before you go

And the heart says "danger"
And the heart says "whatever it is that you want from me
I am just one small part of forever
Falling star catcher"

Even when you feel like your life is fading
I know that you'll go on forever: you're that good
Heartbreak of the moment is not endless
Now your fortune is your life's love

Well honey, I know you'd like to come away
But baby you can't come
Your fortune is your life's love
And anytime you think about leaving think about what you know
And the heart says "danger"
And the heart says "whatever"

------------------
"When all is still in the night and silence starts to flow,
Become or disbelieve me, left alone with my heart
I'm learning how to love you" ~ George '76
Old Jul 05, 2002, 07:59 PM   #229
**DONOTDELETE**

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Tahoma, Arial, Sans-Serif">Quote:</font><HR>Originally Posted By darkhorse:
This thread is for posting whatever comes to mind <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

As we have painfully learned in parts 1, 2, and 3...

------------------
If you don't vote in the Beatle Awards, we'll have to use the The letter E has just pulled sponsorship. We are awaiting response from the letter Q.
-----
I am the walrus. No really, I am.

Old Jul 06, 2002, 08:03 AM   #230
Amalthea
Old Brown Shoe

I don't feel as if I know you, you take up all my time. The days are long and the night will throw you away, coz the sun don't shine. Nobody ever mentions the weather can make or break your day, nobody ever seems to remember life is a game we play

We live in the shadows and we had the chance and threw it away, and it's never gonna be the same, cos the years are following by like the rain and it's never gonna be the same 'til the life I knew comes to my house and says: Hello

There ain't no sense in feeling lonely, they got no faith in you, but I've got a feeling you still owe me, so wipe the shit from your shoes. Nobody ever mentions the weather can make or break your day, nobody ever seems to remember life is a game we play

We live in the shadows and we had the chance and threw it away, and it's never gonna be the same, cos the years are following by like the rain and it's never gonna be the same til the life I knew comes to my house and says: Hello, Hello, Hello, Hello, Hello, it's good to be back...

------------------
- Paul McCartney, 1982
Old Jul 06, 2002, 08:07 AM   #231

whatever comes to mind?
no swearing?
no insults?

well

*blank*

emily...
dickinson...mylifeclosedtwicebeforeitscloseityetre mainstoseeifimmortalityunveilsathirdeventtomesohug esohopelesstoconceiveasthesethattwicebefellparting isallweknowofheavenandallwenee dofhell

does anyone know how to create a vortex?
i do.
step 1. you must have a cat, bread butter and a string.

------------------
The Love You Take Is Equal To The Love You Make

Old Jul 06, 2002, 08:08 AM   #232
Amalthea
Old Brown Shoe

You gotta roll with it, you gotta take your time, you gotta say what you say. Don't let anybody get in your way, 'cause it's all too much for me to take. Don't ever stand aside, don't ever be denied. You wanna be who you'd be, if you're coming with me

I think I've got a feeling I've lost inside, I think I'm gonna take me away and hide, I'm thinking of things that I just can't abide

I know the roads down which your life will drive, I find the key that lets you slip inside. Kiss the girl, she's not behind the door, but you know I think I recognize your face, but I've never seen you before

You gotta roll with it, you gotta take your time, you gotta say what you say. Don't let anybody get in your way, 'cause it's all too much for me to take

I know the roads down which your life will drive, I find the key that lets you slip inside. Kiss the girl, she's not behind the door, but you know I think I recognize your face, but I've never seen you before

You gotta roll with it, you gotta take your time, you gotta say what you say. Don't let anybody get in your way, 'cause it's all too much for me to take. Don't ever stand aside, don't ever be denied. You wanna be who you'd be, if you're coming with me

I think I've got a feeling I've lost inside, I think I've got a feeling I've lost inside, I think I've got a feeling I've lost inside, I think I've got a feeling I've lost inside, I think I've got a feeling I've lost inside, I think I've got a feeling I've lost inside, I think I've got a feeling I've lost inside, I think I've got a feeling I've lost inside,

------------------
- Paul McCartney, 1982
Old Jul 06, 2002, 08:12 AM   #235
Amalthea
Old Brown Shoe

Today is gonna be the day that they're gonna throw it back to you. By now you should've somehow realized what you gotta do. I don't believe that anybody feels the way I do about you now...

Backbeat the word was on the street that the fire in your heart is out. I'm sure you've heard it all before, but you never really had a doubt. I don't believe that anybody feels the way I do about you now

And all the roads we have to walk along are winding, and all the lights that lead us there are blinding. There are many things that I would like to say to you, I don't know how

Because maybe you're gonna be the one who saves me, and after all you're my wonderwall

Today was gonna be the day, but they'll never throw it back to you. By now you should've somehow realized what you're not to do. I don't believe that anybody feels the way I do about you now

And all the roads we have to walk along are winding, and all the lights that lead us there are blinding. There are many things that I would like to say to you, I don't know how

Because maybe you're gonna be the one who saves me, and after all you're my wonderwall

I said maybe you're gonna be the one who saves me, and after all you're my wonderwall
I Said maybe you're gonna be the one that saves me, you're gonna be the one that saves me, you're gonna be the one that saves me

------------------
- Paul McCartney, 1982
Old Jul 06, 2002, 08:15 AM   #236
Amalthea
Old Brown Shoe

Slip inside the eye of your mind, don't you know you might find a better place to play. You said that you'd once never been, all the things that you've seen will slowly fade away

So I start the revolution from my bed cos you said the brains I have went to my head step outside the summertime's in bloom. Stand up beside the fireplace, take that look from off your face, you ain't ever gonna burn my heart out

So Sally can wait, she knows its too late as we're walking on by... her soul slides away, but don't look back in anger I hear you say

Take me to the place where you go, where nobody knows if it's night or day. Please don't put your life in the hands, of a Rock 'n' Roll band, who'll throw it all away

I'm gonna start the revolution from my bed cos you said the brains I have went to my head step outside the summertime's in bloom. Stand up beside the fireplace, take that look from off your face, you ain't ever gonna burn my heart out

So Sally can wait, she knows its too late as we're walking on by... her soul slides away, but don't look back in anger I hear you say

Don't look back in anger, don't look back in anger, don't look back in anger, at least not today

------------------
- Paul McCartney, 1982
Old Jul 06, 2002, 08:21 AM   #237
Amalthea
Old Brown Shoe

I hitched a ride with my soul by the side of the road, just as the sky turned black. I took a walk with my fame, down memory lane... I never did find my way back

You know that I gotta say time's slipping away and what will it hold for me. What am I gonna do while I'm looking at you, you're standing ignoring me

I thought that I heard someone say now, there's no time for running away now, hey now, hey now... feel no shame, cos time's no chain, feel no shame

The first thing I saw as I walked through the door was a sign on the wall that read. It said you might never know that I want you to know what is written inside of your head

And time as it stands won't be held in my hands or living inside of my skin. And as it fell from the sky, I asked myself why can I never let anyone in?

I thought that I heard someone say now, there's no time for running away now, hey now, hey now... feel no shame, cos time's no chain, feel no shame

I hitched a ride with my soul by the side of the road, just as the sky turned black. I took a walk with my fame, down memory lane... I never did find my way back

You know that I gotta say time's slipping away and what will it hold for me. What am I gonna do while I'm looking at you, you're standing ignoring me

I thought that I heard someone say now, there's no time for running away now, hey now, hey now... feel no shame, cos time's no chain, feel no shame...

------------------
- Paul McCartney, 1982
Old Jul 06, 2002, 08:23 AM   #238
Amalthea
Old Brown Shoe

You know I need a little break to get away for a holiday. So I can see the sun, cos in the sun they say it's fun, if you can get some. Well I could take a train or a boat or an aeroplane or I could steal a car, cos in a car you can go far. Just depends on what kind of car you are. La, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, what kind of car you are, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la

I met a funny looking girl, on a crowded beach in Spain, her name was Avaline.
She said she came to Spain to have a good time, but she was with her mum who had a face like a nun in pain. She said her name was Dot, she didn't half talk a lot, I couldn't tell if she was mad or not la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la

Don't you know, I should have stayed in England on my polluted beach with all my special friends. Don't you know I should have stayed in England with my big house and my big car and all my friend are there at the bar la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la

You know I need a little break to get away for a holiday. So I can see the sun, cos in the sun they say it's fun, if you can get some. Well I could take a train or a boat or an aeroplane or I could steal a car, cos in a car you can go far. Just depends on what kind of car you are. La, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, what kind of car you are, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la

------------------
- Paul McCartney, 1982
Old Jul 06, 2002, 08:27 AM   #239
Amalthea
Old Brown Shoe

Some might say that sunshine follows thunder, go and tell it to the man who cannot shine. Some might say that we should never ponder on our thoughts today cos they will sway over time.

Some might say we will find a brighter day, some might say we will find a brighter day

Cos I've been standing at the station in need of education in the rain. You made no preparation for my reputation once again. The sink is full of fishes, she's got dirty dishes on the brain. It was overflowing gently but it's all elementary my friend

Some might say they don't believe in heaven, go and tell it to the man who lives in hell. Some might say you get what you've been given, if you don't get yours I won't get mine as well

Some might say we will find a brighter day
Some might say we will find a brighter day

Cos I've been standing at the station in need of education, in the rain. You made no preparation for my reputation once again. The sink is full of fishes, cos she's got dirty dishes on the brain. And my dog's been itchin', itchin' in the kitchen once again

Some might say, some might say, some might say, some might say

------------------
- Paul McCartney, 1982
Old Jul 06, 2002, 08:30 AM   #240
Amalthea
Old Brown Shoe

Here's a thought for every man, who tries to understand what is in his hands. He walks along the open road of Love & Life, surviving if he can

Bound with all the weight of all the words he tried to say, chained to all the places that he never wished to say, bound with all the weight of all the words he tried to say and as faced the sun he cast no shadow, as they took his soul they stole his pride, as they took his soul they stole his pride, as they took his soul they stole his pride

Here's a thought for every man, who tries to understand what is in his hands. He walks along the open road of Love & Life, surviving if he can

Bound with all the weight of all the words he tried to say, chained to all the places that he never wished to say, bound with all the weight of all the words he tried to say and as faced the sun he cast no shadow, as they took his soul they stole his pride, as they took his soul they stole his pride, as they took his soul they stole his pride, and as he faced the sun he cast no shadow

------------------
- Paul McCartney, 1982
Closed Thread