BeatleLinks LogoNav Panel New Sites Cool Sites Top Rated Fab Forum Add A Site Link To Us Revolution Radio New Products

Go Back   BeatleLinks Fab Forum > Solo Forums > Crackerbox Palace

Old Aug 01, 2007, 06:30 AM   #1
FPSHOT
Sun King

Default 2nd Edition of the Wilbury Deluxe Set coming up + Vinyl Set

This really is good news on Dhani's Birthday

Vinyl Box Set And Second Edition Deluxe Sets Of The Traveling Wilburys Available 11/20

WHERE THERE'S A WILBURY, THERE'S A WAY

Following Chart-Topping Sales Success And Overwhelming Demand, Rhino To Release Vinyl Box Set And Second Edition Deluxe Sets Of "The Traveling Wilburys Collection"

Remastered and Expanded Collectible Package Features Unreleased Bonus Tracks and bonus DVD featuring a 24-minute documentary including unseen footage of The Wilburys.

Vinyl Box Set Includes A Previously Unreleased Version of "Not Alone Anymore"

Available November 20, 2007

(Los Angeles, DATE, 2007) – Nearly twenty years after the creation of the band, and over a decade since the music was last available to fans, the music of The Traveling Wilburys was reissued in June worldwide as The Traveling Wilburys Collection. The reissue debuted at 1 in 5 countries globally, was at 9 on the U.S. Billboard Top 200 charts, and was the 1 Digital Download in its first week of release. The release remains in the Top 5 on the UK charts after sseven weeks. The collection has gone Platinum in 5 countries and Gold in two countries and is still maintaining strong chart positions around the globe. The Deluxe Edition package sold out within minutes of release and Rhino Entertainment announced today, that due to this overwhelming demand and fan requests, a Second Edition will be made available again on November 20, 2007.

The previously released albums Traveling Wilburys Volume 1 and Traveling Wilburys Volume 3 feature inarguably some of music's greatest singer-songwriters—George Harrison, Jeff Lynne, Roy Orbison, Tom Petty and Bob Dylan—as the iconic band The Traveling Wilburys. Both CDs, combined into one release, The Traveling Wilburys Collection, feature bonus tracks of rare and newly mixed previously unreleased music along with a DVD featuring a 24-minute documentary showing unseen footage of the Wilburys and their five video clips.

The Traveling Wilburys collectible packages are available in four configurations. Each configuration is a remarkable commemoration of this unique group.

· Available November 20, 2007 – Second Edition Deluxe Set – Linen-bound deluxe edition features 2 CDs (Volumes 1 and 3) with bonus tracks, bonus DVD, and a 40-page collectible book with photos, original liner notes, new liner notes and a uniquely numbered certificate of authenticity.

· Available November 20, 2007 -- Vinyl Edition – Features 2 vinyl releases of the original Volumes 1 and 3 with an additional 12-inch featuring bonus tracks, a collectible album-sized book, plus additional vintage postcards and posters.

· CURRENTLY AVAILABLE -- Standard Package – Features 2 CDs (Volumes 1 and 3) with bonus tracks, bonus DVD of content and a 16-page collectible book.

· CURRENTLY AVAILABLE -- Digital Edition Bundle – Features downloadable editions of both CDs (Volumes 1 and 3) with bonus tracks, video content and an interactive booklet.

"The Wilbury Deluxe Edition sold out so quickly that it caught us by surprise. We heard from so many disappointed fans it seemed the only fair thing to do was to make a second edition," said Olivia Harrison.

In trying to explain how the Wilburys originally came together, George Harrison once said, "The thing about the Wilburys for me is—if we'd tried to plan it, or if anybody had said, let's form this band and get these people in it—it would never happen, it's impossible. It happened completely, just by magic, just by circumstance. Maybe there was a full moon that night or something like that. It was quite a magical little thing really."
FPSHOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 01, 2007, 11:31 AM   #2
ringo_rama
Old Brown Shoe

Excellent, excellent news--made my day. Thanks FP!

Please visualize this whenever you read my posts:
Yay!!!!!!
-R_R: eradicating stupidity, one post at a time
ringo_rama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 01, 2007, 11:34 AM   #3
oldbeatlechick
Sun King

That's fab news, I will get that pre-ordered as soon as I am able!

“We didn't all get into music for a job! We got into music to avoid a job, in truth - and get lots of girls.”
Paul McCartney
oldbeatlechick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 02, 2007, 04:08 AM   #4
ABCKO
Old Brown Shoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPSHOT View Post
Vinyl Box Set Includes A Previously Unreleased Version of "Not Alone Anymore"
I can sooo imagine "the powers that be" in a couple of months, complaining that people are making illegal CD (!!!!!) copies of this !
ABCKO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 02, 2007, 04:28 AM   #5
kmac
Old Brown Shoe

I have not yet located any sites that are taking pre-orders.

I dragged my feet the first time so this news is great. The Deluxe version is still going for $65 from private sources and in new condition.
Old Aug 02, 2007, 08:37 AM   #6
FPSHOT
Sun King

Since I do not trust anythine Myspace related, just wanna let you know that als the official Traveling Wilburys website has this message on it now as well.

http://www.travelingwilburys.com/pr2.html

As for pr-orders, maybe since this is quite a new press-release, wait a while with checking further.

It again shows that after George's passing, we've been given something each year round November.

Last edited by FPSHOT : Aug 02, 2007 at 08:39 AM.
Old Aug 02, 2007, 08:48 AM   #7
kmac
Old Brown Shoe

FP, I can't be bothered with getting in my car, burning fossil fuel and I am too lazy to walk, run, or bike the distance to my favorite shop.
Old Aug 02, 2007, 08:53 AM   #8
FPSHOT
Sun King

That was from my edited message huh

well it is good...too many people just take their two cars to drive to the next block, so good for you...better bike
Old Sep 27, 2007, 04:44 PM   #9
ringo_rama
Old Brown Shoe

FYI, Amazon has the new deluxe version up for pre-order for just over $40--but if the price drops before the release date, you're guaranteed to get the lowest price.

Don't miss out on it a second time!

Please visualize this whenever you read my posts:
Yay!!!!!!
-R_R: eradicating stupidity, one post at a time
ringo_rama is offline   Reply With Quote