BeatleLinks LogoNav Panel New Sites Cool Sites Top Rated Fab Forum Add A Site Link To Us Revolution Radio New Products

Go Back   BeatleLinks Fab Forum > Solo Forums > Crackerbox Palace

Old Feb 16, 2006, 07:02 PM   #1
stratcatt
Fool On The Hill

Default Carl Perkins' guitarist looking for Handmade video

I played at the 10 year anniversary of Handmade Films with Carl Perkins and George. I know for certain that George had the concert filmed and recorded on muti track. Like a fool I thought I would always have time to get a copy and never pressed him about it during subsequent meetings although the night of the concert we talked about making arrangements to get copies. Does anyone know of a way to get an audio or video copy of our show? Thanks in advance for any help I can get here.

Photos are on my site,

http://www.highlandhouseonline.com
stratcatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2006, 02:33 PM   #2
Hari's Chick

Smile

I'm sorry, I don't know where to get an audio or video of the show. Maybe some of our bootleg experts can be more helpful there, but I wanted to thank you so extremely much for sharing the photos from your website of George! Thank you, thank you! Do you have any stories of working with George you'd care to share? We'd all love to hear them!
Old Feb 18, 2006, 05:25 PM   #3
stratcatt
Fool On The Hill

Default Stroies

Thanks for the suggestion about the bootlegs maybe I can try there.
Yes I do have some good George stories. One I can share happened the night of the Handmade Films party. We were about to go onstage when George came to me in the dressing room and said "Wezzley I'm bloody pissed" I was shocked to say the least because here in the states that means your angry so I said "what's wrong has someone been bothering you? Tell me who and I'll take care of it" He laughed out loud and said " no I'm fucking pissey drunk, I don't know if I can play" We laughed for days afterward.
Language is a funny thing we were both speaking English but clearly not communicating. We went on to play a great show. I think he was underestimating his talent.
I was only around George on three occasions but that was the first and longest, it was for 7 days.
Then again at Carl's funeral and once more in Feb. '98 a month or so after Carl's death. He was without a doubt the most kind, generous "star" I have ever spent time with. On our last visit in Los Angeles in '98 we stayed up very late in my hotel suite playing guitars and telling Carl stories and talking about his throat cancer. It was then that he shared with us that the doctors had found a spot on his lung, I remember thinking "he knows". We also spent a long time that night talking about religion so the next morning he went to a local bookstore and bought a book about his yogi and personally drove himself back to my hotel to give me a copy. It is one of my most treasured possessions. I would have never shared this as long as he was alive because it would have been an invasion of his privacy. I hope I am honoring his memory by sharing it with all of you now, somehow I think he would be ok with it.

Wes Henley

Last edited by stratcatt : Feb 18, 2006 at 09:28 PM. Reason: mis spelled word
Old Feb 18, 2006, 09:00 PM   #4
FPSHOT
Sun King

Thanks so much for sharing these stories, it is fascinating and yes I know about the differences in English interpretations LOL..

The book will have been from Paramahansa Yogananda, maybe the Autobiography which is also to me one of my most treassured possessions.

I know about the anniversary party and even though I have many many Harrison bootlegs of any kind, I never came across this one (yet) but will ask around.

You may try at www.georgeharrison.com

Thanks again for sharing these things about George.

For some reason I can not find the George pictures, can anyone guide me there please, I would love to see them.

FPSHOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2006, 09:05 PM   #5
stratcatt
Fool On The Hill

http://www.highlandhouseonline.com

There is a gallery link on this page

Wes
Old Feb 18, 2006, 09:33 PM   #6
FPSHOT
Sun King

Okay Thanks I got it now...really impressive combination of people.

FPSHOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2006, 09:56 AM   #7
Hari's Chick

Quote:
Originally Posted by stratcatt
I hope I am honoring his memory by sharing it with all of you now, somehow I think he would be ok with it.

Wes Henley
Thank you so much for sharing this. Yes, you honor his memory beautifully. That was the deepest part of George, wasn't it? Like in your story, George extended himself to people in such a thoughtful, loving, spiritual way? Prabhupad said George was "more than a devotee" and I think so too. He was some sort of angel (with just enough devil sitting on his wings ).
Old Feb 23, 2006, 08:31 AM   #8
sadie
Sun King

Thankyou for sharing those lovely stories with us, I like the "I am too pissed to play" story, shows he is human.
Old Feb 23, 2006, 10:09 PM   #9
Jocelyn
Mr. Moonlight

Send a message via AIM to Jocelyn Send a message via MSN to Jocelyn

Thanks for sharing
Please let me love you more
And that is all.
Jocelyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2006, 07:45 AM   #10
cryforashadow
Apple Scruff

Thumbs up

Thank you so much for sharing those stories and photos! It sure must have been great to know George. I really loved the picture of his guitar collection, do you have any more pictures of his guitars that you wouldn't mind sharing, or was that it? Again thank you for your stories and phots, I, and I'm sure every George fan on the forum, are very glad that you posted it. And sorry I can't help find you a copy of that show, I never have even heard of it myself.

Last edited by cryforashadow : Feb 24, 2006 at 07:46 AM.
cryforashadow is offline   Reply With Quote