BeatleLinks LogoNav Panel New Sites Cool Sites Top Rated Fab Forum Add A Site Link To Us Revolution Radio New Products

Go Back   BeatleLinks Fab Forum > Beatles Forums > I've Just Seen A Face

Old Jan 19, 2011, 12:47 PM   #1
The New AimeeAndBeatles
Sgt. Pepper

Default October 1987

This was likely taken sometime between October 10-20, 1987. Probably either Birmingham, England, or London, England. Does someone know more details?

Old Jan 19, 2011, 01:25 PM   #2
Jerry
Webmaster Of BeatleLinks

Send a message via AIM to Jerry

Check out the dates of the Prince's Trust thing that year, the pic could be from there.

Jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2011, 01:28 PM   #3
Jerry
Webmaster Of BeatleLinks

Send a message via AIM to Jerry

October 17th, maybe the pic was taken backstage...
http://www.beatlelinks.net/forums/sh...ad.php?t=17158

In London, George makes a surprise appearance at Bob Dylan's concert at Wembley Arena. He joins Bob on stage and perform "Rainy Day Women #12 & 35" during the encore.

Jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2011, 01:31 PM   #4
The New AimeeAndBeatles
Sgt. Pepper

Maybe. That appearance was mentioned in my notes. I'm just trying to put an exact date on it.

In Conversations Petty said this:
Quote:
Was it while touring with Dylan that you heard an advance tape of George Harrison’s Cloud Nine, produced by Jeff Lynne?
tp: Yeah. And I loved it. We played in Birmingham [England] with Bob and then a few weeks later we played London for a few nights. [Aimee's note: This was October 1987] I think we were there for three or four nights in Wembley. On the first night in Birmingham, George Harrison and Jeff Lynne came to visit. And Bob was not feeling well. He was not really around before the show, and then he didn’t want to hang around afterwards too much.
It was funny—that first night we were in London, when we had that great time, a hurricane hit. In London. Completely unannounced and unpredicted by the weather bureau. I always thought that [hurricane] had something to do with changing my life. This literal hurricane.
The Hindus think that when you meet someone and you feel really close to them immediately, that maybe you knew them in a past life. And that was how it was with George. We met each other and instantly became really close. Instantly we became very close. And I remember him saying to me, ‘You know, I’m not going to let you out of my life now.’ And it wasn’t about The Beatles or anything like that. We really got along well. And shared a sense of humor. And we became very close friends. And Jeff, too.
So we hung out, and one night we really had a nice time, after the gig we hung out for hours with George, and Ringo was there and Derek Taylor [music journalist, former Beatles publicist, and collaborator on George Harrison’s autobiography, I, Me, Mine]. And all of their wives. And we hung out, and we had a lot of laughs. And then the next night was my birthday. I have a photo.
They brought me a little birthday cake. And there’s a photo of me and George and McGuinn and Bob and Mike, and we’re all backstage laughing. And it looks pretty accurate. Victor Maymudes, who was Bob’s roadie, was there. We had a really good time. And George gave me this cassette, and said, ‘This is the album. Let me know if you like it.’
So I took it home. That was the last gig of the tour, London. And that was when I told Bob, I can’t carry on because I have to go home and rebuild my life. The house had burnt down and all of this, and I’ve kind of got to put my life back together, so I’m going to have to bow out. Which I think he understood, but he was kind of sad about it.
Heres the pictures he mentioned:

Last edited by The New AimeeAndBeatles : Jan 19, 2011 at 01:32 PM.
The New AimeeAndBeatles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2011, 06:27 AM   #5
Nowhere Anne
Wild Honey Pie

... any excuse for you to post more Tom Petty pictures!
Nowhere Anne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2011, 09:04 AM   #6
The New AimeeAndBeatles
Sgt. Pepper

The hurricane mentioned in the book was on the night of October 15/16. Just looked that up.