BeatleLinks LogoNav Panel New Sites Cool Sites Top Rated Fab Forum Add A Site Link To Us Revolution Radio New Products

Go Back   BeatleLinks Fab Forum > Solo Forums > Menlove Avenue

Old Dec 16, 2011, 12:54 AM   #901
Hari's Chick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple Scruff View Post
You know, HC, it's all so inconsequential what any of us think if all the qualities YOU love about George still stand firm for you.
I entirely agree. I think most things here on the forum are completely inconsequential. That includes all the subjective BS we all spin each day. I don't think any of it matters, not really. Still, I'll spin wheels for George. It's George.
Old Dec 16, 2011, 09:25 AM   #902
JustAJealousGuy
Fool On The Hill

Default Inconsequential Poem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hari's Chick View Post
I entirely agree. I think most things here on the forum are completely inconsequential. That includes all the subjective BS we all spin each day. I don't think any of it matters, not really. Still, I'll spin wheels for George. It's George.
"HOWL WITH ME"

When we’re dead and gone
And the world moves on
Will it matter what we had to say?
You’re right then you’re wrong;
Still the world moves on.
Don’t you know that every dog has his day?

Souls are born in our places;
It could be us with different faces.
We die but we're never really gone.
Few are remembered, most forgotten.
Life can be sweet or downright rotten
Either way one's essence lives on.

(I believe this is a Lennon/Harrison cosmic collaboration but I can't prove it)
Old Dec 16, 2011, 01:35 PM   #903
Hari's Chick

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAJealousGuy View Post
"HOWL WITH ME"

When we’re dead and gone
And the world moves on
Will it matter what we had to say?
You’re right then you’re wrong;
Still the world moves on.
Don’t you know that every dog has his day?

Souls are born in our places;
It could be us with different faces.
We die but we're never really gone.
Few are remembered, most forgotten.
Life can be sweet or downright rotten
Either way one's essence lives on.

(I believe this is a Lennon/Harrison cosmic collaboration but I can't prove it)
Fantastic!!!
Old Dec 16, 2011, 01:38 PM   #904
Hari's Chick

Quote:
I find some assertions about John to be insensitive and ignorant at best and others to be quite enlightened. Or at least, plausibly intelligent.So here are MY thoughts on Dr. Winston O'Boogie.
He did, indeed suffer emotional trauma from his familial disconnect and subsequent FEELINGS of abandonment which never completely left him. Leastways, not until the last five years of his life.
He WAS emotionally troubled. But I highly doubt that he suffered from any extreme mental illnesses.I say this as a HUGE fan/follower of almost 50 years & a healthcare professional of 35 years.
It's human nature to want to box things, wrap neatly, attach a bow & say "there you have it.
PEOPLE aren't that simple. There are shades of grey,shades of cultural rights & wrongs, ethical versus moral etc..Nature vs nuture also cannot be overlooked when examining a personality.

I love what you say here. It was very interesting to read, esp given your expertise in the mental health field. Thanks for sharing!
Old Dec 16, 2011, 01:43 PM   #905
Fly
Dr. Robert

Quote:
Ok, so why are you giving her a hard time about finding John the wittiest? I don't get it. Isn't this the John board? It's not like she went on George's board and said stupid sh*t about him on there. Are we really not allowed to speak up about what our preferences are or do we have to censor ourselves because another Beatles' fan is lurking to pounce on us?

For the record, John is the wittiest by far for me. His personality exists outside of the other three and most of my favorite interviews, writings, quotes, and lyrics are from John. And the majority of thosr I love for his honest humor. He was scathing, but he did it in a very witty way. I could post videos or examples but I don't really think it's necessary. Can we not have our John space? Nothing disrespectful was said.
Old Dec 16, 2011, 02:23 PM   #906
Hari's Chick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly View Post
Ok, so why are you giving her a hard time about finding John the wittiest? I don't get it. Isn't this the John board? It's not like she went on George's board and said stupid sh*t about him on there. Are we really not allowed to speak up about what our preferences are or do we have to censor ourselves because another Beatles' fan is lurking to pounce on us?
Fly, you over-react. I was giving no one a hard time, least of all John himself. I love John very much. However, I am also allowed MY opinion.

Did I pounce? Or are you perhaps being a little over sensitive?

If I did, you have my sincere apology.

My intent was merely to disagree. And I still do. :)
Old Dec 16, 2011, 03:42 PM   #907
JustAJealousGuy
Fool On The Hill

Default Yaaaaaaay! \o/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly View Post

For the record, John is the wittiest by far for me. His personality exists outside of the other three and most of my favorite interviews, writings, quotes, and lyrics are from John. And the majority of thosr I love for his honest humor. He was scathing, but he did it in a very witty way. I could post videos or examples but I don't really think it's necessary. Can we not have our John space? Nothing disrespectful was said.
The WITTIEST! JOHN WINS! HAPPY DANCE TIME!
Old Dec 16, 2011, 03:49 PM   #908
JustAJealousGuy
Fool On The Hill

Thumbs up TANKS!

Quote:
Fantastic!!!
Mucho grassyass (Umm..my Espanial is rusty...)
Just for EWE HC:

I GOT MY MIND SET ON YOU..
Old Dec 16, 2011, 03:55 PM   #909
JustAJealousGuy
Fool On The Hill

Red face OOPS!

Can someone PLEASE tell me...are we allowed to post photos & .gifs? As long as they are ON topic? Thanks....was concentrating on not offending when I read the RULES! (ptu-tuh! I hate rules!) Ha!
Old Dec 16, 2011, 04:17 PM   #910
Maia 66
Sun King

Thumbs up

Today was the last day of classes before the winter break, and this was the best card I got. It was made by a 3rd Grader:

All I want is the truth
Just give me some truth...

Maia 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2011, 04:30 PM   #911
Hari's Chick

Smile

Quote:
Can someone PLEASE tell me...are we allowed to post photos & .gifs? As long as they are ON topic? Thanks....was concentrating on not offending when I read the RULES! (ptu-tuh! I hate rules!) Ha!
No worries! We post pics and gifs all the time. :)

Thanks for the George!!!
Old Dec 16, 2011, 04:31 PM   #912
Apple Scruff
Sun King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maia 66 View Post
Today was the last day of classes before the winter break, and this was the best card I got. It was made by a 3rd Grader:

That is amazing. Obviously, you have rubbed off on your students a zest for John that has made enough of an impact. For a third grader, this child has skills!
Old Dec 16, 2011, 04:45 PM   #913
Maia 66
Sun King

Quote:
TFor a third grader, this child has skills!
He really is a talented artist... this is not even anywhere near what he has done in the past! I've been bugging him for a while for a new picture to post on my filing cabinet, and he asked me what I wanted a picture of. I told him anything at all, as long as it inspired him!

Btw ~ notice how he put the L in a circle? I didn't get a chance to ask him why he did that, but I suspect it was for Lennon!!

All I want is the truth
Just give me some truth...

Last edited by Maia 66 : Dec 16, 2011 at 04:48 PM.
Maia 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2011, 05:20 PM   #914
CWW
Wild Honey Pie

Quote:
George is attractive to many of us George girls far beyond his photogenic self. It is in fact the whole person, who he is as a spiritual and loving person which is engaging. I'll be the voice of the George girls and say we love the whole of George- from his quirks, his passions, HIS wit, his sharp edge, his gentle reflective side, his wavy hair, his sideways smile, his walk, his warmth to his friends... the WHOLE of him makes him most sexy to us.

I was introduced to the Beatles -back in the day- by a college girl, who's my sister in law. She is, was, and will always be.... a George girl. If I read her these remarks reducing George, she would laugh, even now!
Hell, im a guy But it is obvious that George was always the deepest Beatle...

John was the "thinker" But i believe George is the only one that has really gone behind it all and figured out who he really was..That "Beatle George" was not who he was at all, but just a suit or pair of clothing he once wore for a very short period of his life and for the rest of his life people would see him and keep mistaking him for the clothes he once wore..He said this around the time they "reunited" for the Anthology. Amazing..

They all have had their insights and realisations and i belive john "Got it" the most after George, infact theres even some 1980 quotes in the Anthology Book where he says he is not scared of death and how he knows its just like getting out of a car and into another. Deep down i know he knew..George just seemed to put more of the beliefs into daily practice..

Everyone is always going to have their favourites, musical or otherwise..

As for humour John was HILARIOUS! But as pointed out Ringo was (and still is) a Riot - he has an incredible knack of saying the most inappropriate things at the worst times and i find it hysterical! George is very similar, to me droll or sarcastic George is unbeatable, especially when he gets started about something..Ringo is right up there with that!!

"take me to the river, drop me in the water..."
- David Byrne
CWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2011, 07:20 PM   #915
wildewoman
Taxman

Default Can't wait to go to Crackerbox Palace to post my pro-John thoughts.

That is all.

Oh, and Maia, did I mention your student is brilliant!?

P.S., I like George.

Last edited by wildewoman : Dec 16, 2011 at 07:21 PM.
wildewoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2011, 08:00 PM   #916
wallrus59
Bulldog

Thumbs up

rock on kevin c.

maia, your student and students...ROCK!!!

peace,
gk.

wallrus59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2011, 09:12 PM   #917
Hari's Chick

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWW View Post
As for humour John was HILARIOUS! But as pointed out Ringo was (and still is) a Riot - he has an incredible knack of saying the most inappropriate things at the worst times and i find it hysterical! George is very similar, to me droll or sarcastic George is unbeatable, especially when he gets started about something..Ringo is right up there with that!!
This! :) I love reading your posts, oh my gosh... LOVE!!

That's right on, CWW, and just exactly what I meant about humor ... and loving one Beatle doesn't mean you love another less. That's all silly thinking! There is room in the hearts for all four!
Old Dec 16, 2011, 10:38 PM   #918
Apple Scruff
Sun King

Default Thank you HC and CWW for your very loving words for George, now back to JOHN:

There was a time in society when people would use the 'r' word to describe the mentally or physically handicapped, while nowadays it is politically-incorrect to use when describing aforementioned people. It's also an offensive word to use in general, no matter what context, but back in the 70's it was absolutely normal to use when referencing m/p sick people. In any case, to contrast John's "spaz" faces that he apparently stopped around 1964, I found this snippet of an interview when John and Yoko did the One to One benefit concert. It has since been said that every penny made from this concert DID go to help these children.

Although his description is a far more simplistic viewpoint of the reality, I do love what John said here. His heart was in a very good place by trying to rationalize why so many innocent people are afflicted with conditions beyond their control. I love that his terseness came out in such a heartfelt way.

The reason I brought it up is that I wonder if John at that point was thinking back to the time when he used to mock these people in his youth, without any scope of understanding about any of their situations. His description about "pain" here leads me to believe that was how he felt when he would pull those faces. It was the pain inside of him coming out in his own way of dealing/making light of the situation, in the mind of a young and foolish boy-man.

Last edited by Apple Scruff : Dec 17, 2011 at 01:23 AM.
Apple Scruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2011, 12:47 AM   #919
JustAJealousGuy
Fool On The Hill

Default SOooooo confusing.....

Quote:
There was a time in society when people would use the 'r' word to describe the mentally or physically handicapped, while nowadays it is politically-incorrect to use when describing aforementioned people. It's also an offensive word to use in general, no matter what context, but back in the 70's it was absolutely normal to use when referencing m/p sick people. In any case, to contrast John's "spaz" faces that he apparently stopped around 1964, I found this snippet of an interview when John and Yoko did the One to One benefit concert. It has since been said that every penny made from this concert DID go to help these children.

Although his description is a far more simplistic viewpoint of the reality, I do love what John said here. His heart was in a very good place by trying to rationalize why so many innocent people are inflicted with conditions beyond their control. I love that his terseness came out in such a heartfelt way.

The reason I brought it up is that I wonder if John at that point was thinking back to the time when he used to mock these people in his youth, without any scope of understanding about any of their situations. His description about "pain" here leads me to believe that was how he felt when he would pull those faces. It was the pain inside of him coming out in his own way of dealing/making light of the situation, in the mind of a young and foolish boy-man.
Actually Nico..if I'm to be totally honest (which I am, to a FAULT!) I believe there is a little TOO much "sensitivity" nowadays to WORDS and not enough towards DEEDS. Far too much political correctness. Thought police....word Nazis I call them.
It's definitely a generational gap. The word "retard" also means "to slow up especially by preventing or hindering advance or accomplishment : impede.
There was a time when the word "retarded" meant "slow, of low IQ, mentally deficient".....Now we call it "special needs", mentally handicapped, etc..
Like blacks. Once the term "colored" was acceptable. Then Negro. Then African American. I have black friends who can't even agree among themselves which term they prefer. Some have said "Hell..I've never BEEN to Africa! Why am I called African?" etc..
What's next? Short people are now "vertically challenged"? Overweight folks are "horizontally challenged"? What if an overweight person was REALLY the right weight but were just VERTICALLY challenged?
Add to that the new slang, where "BAD" is "good" and "that's SICK!" is also a good thing? Or how about "Wow, that's just ILL!" (meaning outstandingly good..or is that "bad"?)
Having lived in Mexico for a few years...I can't tell you how many white (or is the PC term, "caucasian"?) people I've heard call the Mexicans "Spanish" because they think the word "Mexican" is a racial slur! Haha! Spanish is the LANGUAGE spoken. Spanish PEOPLE are from SPAIN.People from Mexico ARE Mexicans!
I could go on, lol..but you'd wanna strangle me! I'll save my next thesis for when I'm stoned.
And just so you know you're still THE GAL...this one's for YOU! (and other JL lovers like us!)

You may say I'm a dreamer..But I'm not the only one..."

Old Dec 17, 2011, 01:28 AM   #920
Apple Scruff
Sun King

JAJG, I understand your points. But my post was more specifically pointing out the fact that John's view of these children/people was that they were victims of the pain/ills of society. It is a simplistic statement, as sometimes I think John's statements have a very colorful and dreamlike bend to them. But at the same time, I completely understand what he is trying to say. I think it also showcases much of his own inner feelings about these types of conditions- as he had a connection when he once mocked the disabled in his youth.

It's just another avenue of me showing that some of the things John did were sprinkled in his special humor, but masking a lot of pain.

Last edited by Apple Scruff : Dec 17, 2011 at 01:29 AM.
Apple Scruff is offline   Reply With Quote