BeatleLinks LogoNav Panel New Sites Cool Sites Top Rated Fab Forum Add A Site Link To Us Revolution Radio New Products

Go Back   BeatleLinks Fab Forum > Beatles Forums > Abbey Road

Old Oct 23, 2006, 08:21 PM   #1
Beatle_soul
Dr. Robert

Default Another Beatles tattoo idea

Hey it's Beatle_soul. (if anyone remembers me, theres probley tons of new people on the links that don't)
It's my birthday in two days i'm gonna be 18 and my present is gonna be another tattoo
(i have one of the scorpio symbol on my upper arm)

It's going to be a beetle with the Union Jack flag bulit into it's shell

a new idea! im gonna get it on my midabdomen the pain us Beatle fanatics go through! when i got my scorpio symbol tat while i was getting it a guy in the chair next to me a guy had John tattood on his arm it was this picture:

not the pic of the dvd case picture lol. the simple self portrate of Lennon
with "Imagen" below but it didint have John Lennons signature. it was just a black outline.

I think it would be a great idea to get the Beatles jumping like this pic but in shadows a tattoo artist couldent make details that small.

[img]
http://www.jimiscyberstore.com/onlin...-jump-done.jpg [/img]
Old Oct 23, 2006, 08:51 PM   #2
Serena

that sounds like a cute idea. although if it were me, i'd get the love drum. this isn't the clearest, but here's a picture along the lines of what you wanted:

Serena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2006, 10:29 PM   #3
Beatle_soul
Dr. Robert

Thankyou :)
Old Oct 24, 2006, 10:11 PM   #4
beatlebangs1964

Send a message via AIM to beatlebangs1964

At the 2002 Chicago Fest, I was at this party and there was a man who had all 4 of the moptopped 1964 Beatles in beautiful blue inked detail tattooed onto his arm, just below his shoulder.

Soul, how about having a nice picture of George Harrison in his Shea Stadium jacket or just one of his beautiful face tattooed onto your arm? I like the picture of John you chose above, but how about another tattoo, one of George to go with it? You could also get a nice one of George with the umbrella from the Beatles '65 cover. That would make a really cool tattoo.

If I seem to act unkind, it's only me, it's not my mind. -- George Harrison, 1966

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/c...rtc/signatures

http://www.reddit.com/r/troubledteen...aten_at_green/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7g0oiJ52Gw
beatlebangs1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2006, 01:01 AM   #5
Riggers
Little Child

At the Liverpool Beatles week this year I seen a woman with a Paul McCartney signature on her upper arm, looked great, As I collect Beatles autographes it gave me a great idea to have a set of fan club signatures tattooed on my upper are, these are the signatues you see on most of the printed stuff from the sixties and are very recognisable to most. Havn't had the balls to get them done yet!
Old Oct 25, 2006, 07:48 AM   #6
beatlebangs1964

A woman told me at the 2002 Fest in Boston that she had a picture of Paul's face tattooed to her keaster. Now, I never saw this. I'm just going on her word.

Darn shame - not a good place for a Paul tattoo - I think it would have been better if she had it on her arm like the man with his Moptop Tattoo. That way she would have it visible and be a walking Beatle mural.

If I seem to act unkind, it's only me, it's not my mind. -- George Harrison, 1966

Old Nov 01, 2006, 10:26 PM   #7
Beatle_soul
Dr. Robert

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatlebangs1964 View Post
At the 2002 Chicago Fest, I was at this party and there was a man who had all 4 of the moptopped 1964 Beatles in beautiful blue inked detail tattooed onto his arm, just below his shoulder.

Soul, how about having a nice picture of George Harrison in his Shea Stadium jacket or just one of his beautiful face tattooed onto your arm? I like the picture of John you chose above, but how about another tattoo, one of George to go with it? You could also get a nice one of George with the umbrella from the Beatles '65 cover. That would make a really cool tattoo.

the 65 cover would not look good as a tattoo unless if it was a whole entire back peice on a big man. the picture IS cool thoe. Just means a pic looks
cool dosn't mean it will look good as a tattoo.
and yes beatlebangs I think all four Beatles like that guy would be cool! but not on my arm im just a girl he was a guy with more skin. Someday when im mature enough I will get all four Beatles. right now I don't feel ready. I want to find a really REALLY good portrate artist.

I'm getting my tattoo next week hopefully I talked to the tattoo artist downtown and she said she could do it next week my mom said i can get it next week too. aparently if i want the union jack on the beetle it will have to be bigger than expected i want it in the middle of my back and that part

is going to hurt. my first tat wasent that bad it was on a fleshy spot.
and its smaller it took 20 min this one im looking at 2 or 3 hours
im thinking of getting the word "Invasion" above the beetle.

who thinks what the best part on the body is for the Beatles drum with the drumlogo?
Old Nov 02, 2006, 07:37 AM   #8
Asha
Sun King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riggers View Post
At the Liverpool Beatles week this year I seen a woman with a Paul McCartney signature on her upper arm, looked great, As I collect Beatles autographes it gave me a great idea to have a set of fan club signatures tattooed on my upper are, these are the signatues you see on most of the printed stuff from the sixties and are very recognisable to most. Havn't had the balls to get them done yet!
I met someone in the late 90s who actually would meet the member of Led Zeppelin, have them sign his upper arm & then he had a tattoo artist on call who would tattoo them permanently in place right away. He had two & was going for the third. He never planned to get the fourth member since he passed away in 1980. I loved the idea! I should've thought of that with the Beatles!
Asha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 02, 2006, 07:39 AM   #9
Asha
Sun King

Quote:
Ooo BB! I'd love to get a nice black & white portrait of George tattooed on me somewhere. That would be awesome! I'd like just his face, but it would be hard for me to pic which image to use! & like Soul said, you really have to find a good portrait artist! *dreams! haha! Maybe one day!
Old Nov 02, 2006, 07:42 AM   #10
Asha
Sun King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatle_soul View Post
is going to hurt. my first tat wasent that bad it was on a fleshy spot.
and its smaller it took 20 min this one im looking at 2 or 3 hours
im thinking of getting the word "Invasion" above the beetle.

who thinks what the best part on the body is for the Beatles drum with the drumlogo?

Hey Soul, what is your first tat of & where is it? & what is the second one & where is that going to be? Maybe I can help think of a good place for the drum!

I think the boney parts hurt less than fleshy parts. But you'll have to see if that's true for you. I have a couple to do with my religious beliefs & actually need to get the third one done to complete the statement. I hope to do it very soon. I've already started designing my fourth & I need a translator for my fifth! haha! Shesh! Maybe I should quit?
Old Nov 02, 2006, 03:49 PM   #11
LovinLennon909
Taxman

I remember you, Beatle Soul- good to have you back on the 'Links! Good luck with your tattoo!
Make sure to show us pictures when it's done, i love looking at Beatles-related tattoos- they're so creative!
Old Nov 02, 2006, 05:57 PM   #12
beatlebangs1964

Soul, ain't nobody could forget you, girl! You're that Ringo fan who screamed Ringo off her balcony in 2003 and did those drawings of Ringo, even the ones of Ringo's lifeline from 1940 - present. You posted those outre Ringo fantasies on the Fantasy threads. You even drew the pretty nurse selling poppies from a tray, You named your chickens after Beatle wives. You like scars.

Say, I've got an idea for a tattoo. How about one of 1965 George with a big smile on his face? You can have George drawn from his shoulders up. Or try this on for size - a cool seven-headed dark horse? And how about a picture of George with a sun in the background with the words "Here Comes the Sun?" You can have the sun tattooed in yellow with yellow and orange rays and the words written in a semi-circle around it.

You could even have a tatto of George with a flower and a sun.

Just George's face from Beatles '65 would be cool. In fact, Asha's suggestion of a black and white of George's smiling face from 1965 would be very cool indeed.

Maybe George from "A Hard Day's Night," winking and smiling, Arthur gracing his head. That would be so cool.

Just some ideas - don't get too carried away and become a walking mural!

Last edited by beatlebangs1964 : Nov 02, 2006 at 07:34 PM.
Old Nov 03, 2006, 03:24 PM   #13
Beatle_soul
Dr. Robert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asha View Post
Hey Soul, what is your first tat of & where is it? & what is the second one & where is that going to be? Maybe I can help think of a good place for the drum! ?
Thats my first one. Its the scorpio symbol. It also is an "M" cause my name is Marlys prononced Mar-lee just tired of being called marless.

It dident hurt while getting it it hurt after like road rash when I get my Beatle bug i dont think i will post it right away because it will be a crusty bloody scab
healing process :(
Old Nov 03, 2006, 10:31 PM   #14
beatlebangs1964

How about a nice tattoo of 1965 George to go with that one?

Y'know, don't be surprised if other Beatle fans think that M is for McCartney and figure you for one of us Paul fans!

Old Nov 04, 2006, 01:44 PM   #16
SandySunshine
Taxman

I love looking at other people's tattoos.....but my pain threshold is much too low to get one myself!!!!!

I do believe the Captain's trodden on my parrot!!!!!
SandySunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 04, 2006, 05:11 PM   #17
beatlebangs1964

Ditto. While I'm not getting any tattooes, I enjoy good Beatle art. Say Soul, how about the Beatles in wizard hats and robes like in Magical Mystery Tour? Or just the moppy heads from the noses up, like on A Hard Day's Night? You could also have one of George from his AHDN picture with a big smile on his beautiful face. You might also want one of George, face only from Beatles For Sale or Beatles 65. Talk about some cool tattooes!

Old Nov 04, 2006, 06:43 PM   #18
Beatle_soul
Dr. Robert

Quote:
How about a nice tattoo of 1965 George to go with that one?

Y'know, don't be surprised if other Beatle fans think that M is for McCartney and figure you for one of us Paul fans!
I'm no Paulie girl he's too handsome thats the problem I love charcater in a guys face. I'm a Ringo girl! yeah! yeah! yeah! Paul is my least favorite.
Old Nov 04, 2006, 09:55 PM   #19
beatlebangs1964

Honey, if you want character, then Harold Sr.'s mini-me George has got a lot of it! Damn, the man was blessed with character! Paul too handsome? How can one be such a thing? True, Paul was blessed with looks and sex appeal, but too handsome? He's very pleasing to the eyes.

George had intense eyes; he had beautiful, finely chiseled features (thank you, Harold Sr. and other ancestors for passing those traits on to George)!; he had an intensity about him (a maternal trait) that distinguished him. Oh yeah, we can't forget his beautiful wavy hair - it had character, too! I think a tattoo of George would be nice - you can have a George tattoo on one arm and the seven-headed horse on the other.

Last edited by beatlebangs1964 : Nov 04, 2006 at 10:10 PM.
Old Nov 04, 2006, 11:52 PM   #20
LovinLennon909
Taxman

George Harrison was the all-around best looking Beatle in my opinion. Paul is too pretty, or he was as a younger man, Ringo looks like he's a ton of fun, but not my cup of tea, and John, although sexy, was very sharp featured and often looked haunted or too serious. But George...he was sexy, handsome, manly, you could see the humor in his eyes, and...his hair. Ahem.