BeatleLinks LogoNav Panel New Sites Cool Sites Top Rated Fab Forum Add A Site Link To Us Revolution Radio New Products

Go Back   BeatleLinks Fab Forum > Solo Forums > Red Rose Speedway

Old Jan 28, 2006, 05:54 AM   #1
gberman
Day Tripper

Default Paul's hair

Sorry, but it must be said...Paul is beginning to look a little silly with the bad dye jobs he's been doing to his hair for the past several years. The color doesn't look natural at all, and it really isn't necessary, is it? Yes, we all have a degree of vanity, I suppose, and perhaps deep down he still feels somewhat obligated to remain the "cute Beatle." But I, for one, wouldn't mind if he allowed the grey to appear. We all know he has passed the 60-year mark, and it's great that he still has his hair at all! But don't you think it's beginning to look kind of...well, you know.
gberman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2006, 06:49 AM   #2
HMVNipper
Sun King

Send a message via AIM to HMVNipper

Since this is very specifically about Paul and his hair, I think the best place for it is Red Rose Speedway, where more people will see and comment upon it. So I'm going to move it there!
"And this I believe: that the free, exploring mind of the individual human is the most valuable thing in all the world. And this I would fight for: the freedom of the mind to take any direction it wishes, undirected. And this I must fight against: any idea, religion, or government which limits or destroys the individual." - John Steinbeck

"When we blindly adopt a religion, a political system, a literary dogma, we become automatons. We cease to grow." - Anais Nin
HMVNipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2006, 08:19 AM   #3
sadie
Sun King

Quote:
Originally Posted by gberman
Sorry, but it must be said...Paul is beginning to look a little silly with the bad dye jobs he's been doing to his hair for the past several years. The color doesn't look natural at all, and it really isn't necessary, is it? Yes, we all have a degree of vanity, I suppose, and perhaps deep down he still feels somewhat obligated to remain the "cute Beatle." But I, for one, wouldn't mind if he allowed the grey to appear. We all know he has passed the 60-year mark, and it's great that he still has his hair at all! But don't you think it's beginning to look kind of...well, you know.
I completely agree but whatever rocks his boat I suppose
Old Jan 28, 2006, 09:26 AM   #4
.Psychedelic.Stars.
Taxman

I don't mind grey hair, it's natural. I agree.
Old Jan 28, 2006, 09:42 AM   #5
VersusBatman
Sun King

He'd look distinguished.

It could be worse though, he could do like Marv Albert and wear a horrid wig.
VersusBatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2006, 10:24 AM   #6
walrus_mania67
Little Child

alright, i dont agree at all. i think he looks loads better with his dyed hair. it makes him look younger and more hip, (it's the influence of a younger woman in his life!). he looked rubbish a few years ago when he had sort of long-ish grey hair, now he looks attractive again and trendy.
walrus_mania67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2006, 10:35 AM   #7
Rellevart

Send a message via MSN to Rellevart

I didn't like the kind of reddish dye job he had on his last tour, but I think the current color is very attractive. I wouldn't mind if he went gray, I think he'd look fantastic with gray hair, but I also don't mind if he chooses to color it. I colored mine for years and am not averse to doing it again. I don't think older people "look silly" if they dye their hair (as long as they get a good dye job and don't dye it pink or something)...there's nothing wrong with wanting to look nice/younger if you so choose. Maybe I would have felt differently when I was younger, but since my #1 pet peeve right now is people telling me I'm too old to do whatever it is that I want to do, I would never EVER tell anybody that they're too old to do anything.
Old Jan 28, 2006, 04:10 PM   #8
gberman
Day Tripper

Just to clarify my point--I don't think all people who dye their hair to keep the gray out are silly for doing so, as long as it is done well and looks natural. I think Paul could have done a better job (Grecian formula?) so it wouldn't have looked so noticeable.
I started going gray when I was in my early 20s, and decided to keep it that way (today, I'm happy to have it gray than not have it at all)--I guess there's something to be said for either choice.
gberman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2006, 07:28 PM   #9
sourmilkpinky
Sun King

I personally dont care what color his hair is....
sourmilkpinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2006, 08:31 PM   #10
Nico4082
Nowhere Man

My two cents?? I'd like it if Paul's hair were a happy medium between brown and grey. I've heard people dismiss his dye job as silly and that he should go grey, but I honestly think he'd look terribly old if he did that! I think there'd be a collective gasp (and not a pleasantly surprised gasp!) from Beatle fans 'round the world if one day there was a picture of Paul with a head of white hair. But mostly dark with some grey thrown in for age-related authenticity? Hells yeah
Nico4082 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2006, 10:01 PM   #11
beatlelover45223

I do think Paul's hair looks better with the darker coloring, he does need to keep up with it though! I also liked the gray mix he had in the early 90's.

~ Nancy ~
beatlelover45223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2006, 10:08 PM   #12
Roxy Starkey
Sgt. Pepper

Send a message via MSN to Roxy Starkey

I agree with you gberman, I think Paul would look better with grey hair, more natural.
I like natural things, and it's okey if his hair is grey, it's normal, I mean... he's almost 64 years old, he looks weird with that reddish hair. I'd like to see some grey on him, I think he would still look great.
Would you like to do it too?

You and I, country dreamer
Roxy Starkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2006, 12:37 AM   #14
I am the Paulrus
Bulldog

He' s ok looking with the dye job...It could be worse and he could look like his younger brother who has white/grey hair. Now that Mike McCartney looks bad...(Oh yeah has anyone heard about the result of his court case?) Also didn't they find that hair dye causes cancer? Macca ought to think about that one...How many people in the Beatles circle have died from cancer now? There's Linda, George, Ringo's ex-wife Maureen, Yoko had it but was cured and even Lee Starkey had cancer. Something to chew on there Paul!
Old Jan 29, 2006, 07:34 AM   #15
Magill
Sun King

Talking

As long as he doesn't henna his hair red again. That looked silly. Personally, I think his new look is Heather's doing. Whether it's the stress of having a wife that's so much younger than he or it's at her urging. Who knows. But if he's *still* doing it 10 years from now, well then, that'll just be sad. He was letting it go gray when Linda was still alive and, to me, that looked fine. I'm sure he's just happy to *still* have enough hair to dye. I mean, look at Peter Frampton today. (Who, ironically, was known for his long luxurious locks back in the day...)

Last edited by Magill : Jan 29, 2006 at 07:38 AM.
Magill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2006, 08:20 AM   #16
sadie
Sun King

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Paulrus
He' s ok looking with the dye job...It could be worse and he could look like his younger brother who has white/grey hair. Now that Mike McCartney looks bad...(Oh yeah has anyone heard about the result of his court case?) Also didn't they find that hair dye causes cancer? Macca ought to think about that one...How many people in the Beatles circle have died from cancer now? There's Linda, George, Ringo's ex-wife Maureen, Yoko had it but was cured and even Lee Starkey had cancer. Something to chew on there Paul!
Yoko had cancer? Never knew that, please tell us more.....and I was sure Lee Starkey had benign tumours.
Old Jan 29, 2006, 08:21 AM   #17
sadie
Sun King

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourmilkpinky
I personally dont care what color his hair is....
exactly, whatever rocks his boats, if he is happy......
Old Jan 29, 2006, 08:39 AM   #18
juniper
Apple Scruff

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magill
Look at Peter Frampton today. Who, ironically, was known for his long luxurious locks back in the day.
When I get older, losing my hair; many years from now.
juniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2006, 08:53 AM   #19
SF4-EVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Paulrus
Also didn't they find that hair dye causes cancer? Macca ought to think about that one...How many people in the Beatles circle have died from cancer now? There's Linda, George, Ringo's ex-wife Maureen, Yoko had it but was cured and even Lee Starkey had cancer. Something to chew on there Paul!
I was a science writing intern for the National Cancer Institute many moons ago, in 1994. One of the press releases that was released while I was there was about a study of the relationship between hair dye and cancer. As I recall, only the group of people using dark hair dye for twenty years or more had a slightly increased risk of fatal cancers of the immune system, non-Hodgkin's lymphoma, and multiple myeloma. The colorists are at higher risk than the consumers, though.

To me, it doesn't matter what Paul decides to do with his hair. He should be happy he still has as much as he does; I know men much younger than him who have less.

My novella, Lyon's Legacy, about a scientist traveling back to the TwenCen to visit her fictional rock star ancestor, is now available as an e-book from Amazon, B&N, and Smashwords and in paper from CreateSpace and Amazon.
SF4-EVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2006, 05:09 PM   #20
Dr. Dreamer
Mr. Moonlight

It's on Paul's head and he should do what he likes. I think it would be a hoot if he finally got that crew cut all the American parents and barbers wanted all the Beatles to get when they first came over in '64.