BeatleLinks LogoNav Panel New Sites Cool Sites Top Rated Fab Forum Add A Site Link To Us Revolution Radio New Products

Go Back   BeatleLinks Fab Forum > Beatles Forums > Abbey Road

Closed Thread

Old Jan 12, 2007, 05:37 PM   #41
Ana_Lennon
Old Brown Shoe

Send a message via MSN to Ana_Lennon

When you start copying their gestures
When you think the Beatles movies are the best films ever made
When you listen to a beatles song from another room and you stop what you're doing to see what's going on, no matter how important can be what you're doing
When you read what I put before and say "Oh, that's a Beatle song!"
Old Jan 14, 2007, 07:01 PM   #42
beatlebangs1964

Send a message via AIM to beatlebangs1964
Default Symptoms of Possible Beatlemania

If you learned "yeah" before you learned "yes."

If you were a late talker and learned a lot from the Beatles and you later use the Beatles as your spokesmen and are fluent in "Beatlespeak." You can hold your own in Beatle discussions quite well.

Your first car had a bumper sticker that said, "Honk if you love the Beatles" and you get lots of honks even when you aren't on the freeway!

If "If I Fell" ever brings tears to your eyes. What a beautiful song!

If you think of "I've Got a Feeling" and "One After 909" whenever you see and hear trains.

You are always the first person to hear a Beatle song.

You recognize every song within the first note.

You think "Imagine" should be the world anthem.

You can always find Beatle lyrics to fit any occasion.

You use lines from Beatle songs as well as songs to support your candidate during a campaign or anti-war march.

Your idea of classical music is a Paul McCartney ballad and his Oratorio.

You get moved when you hear some of Paul's beautiful love songs.

The first CD you play on that DVD/CD player is a Beatles CD.

Before you get up, you hit "play" on your tape or CD player to hear a Beatle tune. The Beatles are your alarm clock.

Your neighbors know when you're throwing a party because of the Beatle music.

Your idea of fun is to have folks over for a Beatles party. You love watching Beatle movies in theaters so you can sing along and cheer for the Fab 4 and others join in and it's like a Beatles party.

You pop a Beatle CD in the car CD player and folks always know when you're coming because they can hear Beatle music.

You take Beatle CDs with you so if you're in somebody's car and they have a CD player, you can pop in a good CD.

The first songs you learned to play by ear are Beatle songs.

You actually have sung Beatle songs in your sleep and have lived through the embarrassment of others telling you about it the next morning! (The song was "She Loves You." I was 16 at the time)

When you sing Beatle songs instead of lullabyes to babies. I've done that. Kids you've been with can recognize Beatle songs and can identify each Beatle thanks to you. You have exposed them to culture. Kids you took care of in the neighborhood tell you years later that you introduced them to the Beatles and they still love them.

You teach children Beatles songs as part of cultural history. Culture is defined as "Beatles."

You tell kids you've taken care of Beatle themed "fractured" fairy tales and they love them!

Your immediate family becomes Beatle experts by default thanks to you

You find it SHOCKING that anyone could miss a Beatle question on a quiz show and everybody you know says you should be on for Beatle questions.

People always think of you when matters Beatle come up. You get calls from folks who have a Beatle question and they immediately turn to you for the answers.

You might be a Beatles fan if you have ever danced in stores whenever a Beatles' song is played over the sound system.

You unconsiously start to dance whenever you hear the Beatles.

Your idea of a great historical figure is any and all of the Beatles.

You absolutely LOVE stories about the Beatles.

You include the Beatles in short stories you had to write for assignments.

You did your senior project on the Beatles.

You do a term paper on John Lennon as a history assignment, which was to do a research paper about an influential figure in the 1960s. Later that semester, you do a final paper on the Beatles' 1964 visit to America to satisfy the assignment of writing a term paper about a significant event in the 1960s.

You love doing reviews of Beatle collections, books, videos and recordings on amazon.com.

You type in time to some Beatles music you have playing while you are playing on your computer.

You suggested that your friends give their dogs Beatle themed names when you were a child. One actually did!

You suggest that your friend nickname her new Honda SUV "the Beatle Bus."

Your idea of fine fashion for men are Beatle coiffure; Edwardian suits and Beatle boots. Your idea of high fashion is being well groomed and having a cool Beatle fringe. Beatle haircuts catch your eye and are your idea of beautiful.

You haven't seen your forehead in years.

You practice that cool hair toss thing the Beatles did so well.

If you gave your dolls Beatle haircuts.

Your idea of getting all dressed up includes wearing Beatle buttons.

History started on February 7, 1964 the day the BEATLES CAME TO AMERICA!

Television history officially began on February 9, 1964 when the Beatles first appeared on Ed Sullivan.

The first DVD you put in your new DVD player is a Beatles DVD.

Your idea of fun is watching the Beatles' video of their 1964 American tour. In fact, your idea of fun is watching Beatle footage.

Your idea of a timeless classic in movies is "A Hard Day's Night."

If you are sick in bed at home, your idea of fun is watching Beatle cartoons and reading your favorite Beatle biographies.

The only reason you watched the 2002 Superbowl was to see Sir Paul.

You will sit through anything, including Howard Stern and Jay Leno just to see Paul McCartney.

Folks remind you to watch the Oscars because Paul McCartney will be on.

You notice any mention, reference, spoof on or even SUGGESTION of the Beatles in any show you watch. You even know which episodes of your favorite shows mention the Beatles or even allude to them!

If you have two Beatles calendars, one for home and the other for work.

You know you are a Beatles' fan when you make a Ring 'O Lantern. (At work in 2001 everybody got construction paper to make jackolanterns to decorate their cubicles with. I made a Ring' O' Lantern. It won.

For Christmas 2000 you receive the Beatles' Anthology and that's the only gift you can remember getting because it was such an ideal, wonderful choice.

You insist on buying a certain product because it has a picture of the Beatles on it.

You doodle pics of the Beatles on your notebooks.

Your favorite uncle jokingly refers to you as his "Beatle niece" and even thinks of you whenever he hears the Beatles.

Your favorite uncle had a horse and his friend gave his horse a Beatles "fringe" and your uncle couldn't wait to show you because he knew you love the Beatles.

You think "Ringo" whenever anybody says ring.

You immediately think of "Paul" whenever anybody mentions knighthood.

You think eBay is another name for a cyber Beatles store.

If folks who told you you would "outgrow" the Beatles (can one do such a thing and why would they want to even if it were possible) have been proven wrong.

If your room as a child/teen was wall to wall Beatle pictures, posters and the like and folks refer to it as "the Beatles' room."

If in adult life, you have an awesome Beatles collection and if anything, your interest has intensified and folks respect your knowledge of Beatle related matters.

If you have framed Beatles posters gracing the walls and Beatle dolls, ceramic Beatles and some other really cool paraphrenalia to delight the eyes of guests in your home.

If your Beatle collection has ever been on display in the main branch of your town's library. (Mine was).

You think "great" and "Beatles" are redundant, e.g. "great Beatle song/movie/CD," etc.

You can't get anybody to play Beatlemania (a 1984 board game like Trivial Pursuit with a Beatles theme) because EVERYBODY you know thinks you have an unfair advantage.

You use the Beatles to end a flame war on another discussion board (in 2000). You say to a troll/Blue Meanie, "do you like the Beatles?" and from there, segue into some good Beatle discourse. You use that approach every time a flame war crops up and the Beatles are a good way to douse cyber flames. Remember, All You Need is Love and Give Peace a Chance. (The Beatles really did have a line for everything)!

If I seem to act unkind, it's only me, it's not my mind. -- George Harrison, 1966

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/c...rtc/signatures

http://www.reddit.com/r/troubledteen...aten_at_green/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7g0oiJ52Gw

Last edited by beatlebangs1964 : Jan 14, 2007 at 08:18 PM.
Old Jan 14, 2007, 08:16 PM   #43
Georgie Girl
Sun King

BB, we want to see your dolls with moptops!

The west is
the best.
Old Jan 14, 2007, 08:21 PM   #44
AndersonCouncill
Taxman

Quote:
Originally Posted by VersusBatman View Post
I don't trust people who bad-mouth The Beatles.
If someone doesn't like The Beatles, it's because they've never heard an entire Beatles record.
Old Jan 14, 2007, 08:23 PM   #45
Lady Madonna
Bulldog

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatlebangs1964 View Post

You can't get anybody to play Beatlemania (a 1984 board game like Trivial Pursuit with a Beatles theme) because EVERYBODY you know thinks you have an unfair advantage.
There's a board game??
Old Jan 15, 2007, 02:16 PM   #46
beatles_gal
Rocky Raccoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Madonna View Post
There's a board game??
my thoughts exactly! i would totally dominate in that board game!
I believe in everything until it's disproved. So I believe in fairies, the myths, dragons. It all exists, even if it's in your mind. Who's to say that dreams and nightmares aren't as real as the here and now?
--John Lennon
Old Jan 15, 2007, 10:51 PM   #47
Cass
Nowhere Man

you know that you're obsessed when you keep imagining being around them, back in time, singing and fooling around..and of course your favourite Beatle falls madly in love with you.

Last edited by Cass : Jan 16, 2007 at 09:38 AM.
Old Jan 16, 2007, 09:36 AM   #48
Jania Coyd
Dr. Robert

... when you start talking to pictures.
and when kiss-marks can be seen at pictures.

Bjrn
Old Jan 19, 2007, 06:22 AM   #49
BrazilianFlag
Bulldog

When you friends and family know exactly what to give you for your birthday/Christmas: Beatle-related stuff.
Old Jan 19, 2007, 02:17 PM   #50
MaccaGirl2891
Sun King

Send a message via AIM to MaccaGirl2891 Send a message via MSN to MaccaGirl2891 Send a message via Yahoo to MaccaGirl2891 Send a message via Skype™ to MaccaGirl2891

Quote:
You actually have sung Beatle songs in your sleep and have lived through the embarrassment of others telling you about it the next morning! (The song was "She Loves You." I was 16 at the time)
HAHAHA! I did that last month when I was in Florida with my school band. I was sharing a bed with one of my best friends and she said that about 3:30 in the morning I was singing something that sounded like "A Hard Day's Night!"
George Harrison - 2/25/1943--11/29/2001
Michael Joseph Jackson - 8/29/1958--6/25/2009
Old Feb 07, 2007, 03:46 PM   #52
beatles_gal
Rocky Raccoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cass View Post
you know that you're obsessed when you keep imagining being around them, back in time, singing and fooling around..and of course your favourite Beatle falls madly in love with you.
and then you get incredibly depressed when you realize that you were, cruelly, born about 30 years too late...
(btw, i think that behavior is normal--at least, i hope it is, because i do it all the time--it's how i go to sleep when i'm tossing and turning!)
I believe in everything until it's disproved. So I believe in fairies, the myths, dragons. It all exists, even if it's in your mind. Who's to say that dreams and nightmares aren't as real as the here and now?
--John Lennon
Old Feb 08, 2007, 09:14 AM   #54
liverpool-lad
Nowhere Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by 62hofner View Post
liverpool lad...

Not as hardcore as your vehicle, but it's a start!

This decal is chrome (though you can't tell from the pic), and it looks really cool with the chrome trim on my Mini!
I think the white on black looks great, I love it.

Tony
Old Feb 08, 2007, 09:23 AM   #55
62hofner

Quote:
Originally Posted by liverpool-lad View Post
I think the white on black looks great, I love it.

Tony
Thanks!

I've got a green Apple "Beatles" decal, and a brown "Rubber Soul" album title decal which I am mulling over at the moment where to place.

To tell you the truth, I'm kind'a diggin' the simplicity of this ONE "The Beatles" logo decal on the hatchback.
Old Feb 08, 2007, 12:29 PM   #56
AUNT MIMI
Fool On The Hill

Send a message via Yahoo to AUNT MIMI

Great Posts Everyone
Old Feb 20, 2007, 08:38 PM   #57
digdad
Sun King

Check out the new addition to my car:
Old Feb 20, 2007, 11:26 PM   #58
beatlebangs1964

Send a message via AIM to beatlebangs1964

Say, DDad, where'd and how'd you get
the cool Lennon License? I want Hari
plates for my car!

Some states have a stupid law that
one can't have a chrome frame around
their license plate or anything that
covers the name of the state even
a tiny bit. Stupid law.

Hof, where'd you get the cool Beatle
decals and The Beatles for the back
end of your car? I have 2 Beatle
bumper stickers as it is and I think
what you've got is really cool, yeah,
yeah, yeah!

If I seem to act unkind, it's only me, it's not my mind. -- George Harrison, 1966

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/c...rtc/signatures

http://www.reddit.com/r/troubledteen...aten_at_green/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7g0oiJ52Gw
Old Feb 21, 2007, 07:48 AM   #59
FiendishThingy
Little Child

You can tell what year it was simply by looking at their hairstyles! And are amazed that no one else can.
Old Feb 21, 2007, 09:25 AM   #60
digdad
Sun King

Quote:
Say, DDad, where'd and how'd you get
the cool Lennon License? I want Hari
plates for my car!
It's one of the specialty plates available in Florida. The proceeds go to Florida Food Banks. Unfortunately, no Hari plates...yet. It actually was a Valentines Day present from Digmom (the specialty plate, not the car, that is). She hid the vehicle registration renewal from me when it came in the mail and surprised me with the new plate.

Closed Thread