BeatleLinks LogoNav Panel New Sites Cool Sites Top Rated Fab Forum Add A Site Link To Us Revolution Radio New Products

Go Back   BeatleLinks Fab Forum > Solo Forums > Crackerbox Palace

Old Jan 11, 2012, 08:14 PM   #21
peanut333
Wild Honey Pie

Dear BB,
I have never heard a person so obsessed with George's hair as you, just an observance. If you had a chance to meet him, what would you have asked him? Yes the whacked Manson sickos blamed the Beatle song and race problems for their behavoir. I'm so glad they are still in jail!

Last edited by peanut333 : Jan 11, 2012 at 08:17 PM.
peanut333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2012, 09:09 AM   #22
beatlebangs1964

Send a message via AIM to beatlebangs1964

I would most likely do more listening than talking. People appreciate a good listener. The thing to do is after introductions are made is to let the conversation develop and flow naturally.

One thing I just can't stand is sycophantic deference. Rest assured, I'd never relate to anyone in this manner. BeatleBangs does NOT fawn or kowtow to anybody!

If I seem to act unkind, it's only me, it's not my mind. -- George Harrison, 1966

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/c...rtc/signatures

http://www.reddit.com/r/troubledteen...aten_at_green/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7g0oiJ52Gw

Last edited by beatlebangs1964 : Jan 12, 2012 at 09:22 AM.
beatlebangs1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2012, 01:27 PM   #23
misfittoy
Dr. Robert

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatlebangs1964 View Post
For people who follow that path seeking earthly power, the real power comes from what is good. Good is the way for me.
I don't understand good and evil. Oh, many have tried to explain it to me but I still don't understand it at all. In fact, I think NOBODY understands it but that most don't realize it.

I'm not a fan of Leveigh though I do understand his attitudes towards human duality and them not admitting it. (seeing those sinning at the carnival the night before adn then in church the next day) I do believe in admitting one's true nature to oneself and find it's damaging to do otherwise. My attitudes on how I felt reading his first book were expressed in my fic Howling at the Moon when I had my Linda character reading through his book. (hint: another man who needs a course in female anatomy)

but Leveigh did put a curse on the entire hippie movement because they were apathetic towards him and that bothers me deeply. He didn't understand the movement. I do, both the good and the bad side of hippies.

I do respect the satanic movements during the Inquisition. Since the followers of this diety called God was slaughtering the people to take their riches, certain ones felt that they better worship his enemy to save themselves. That was in the 1800s.
misfittoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2012, 01:34 PM   #24
peanut333
Wild Honey Pie

Christians and other theologies are not saints in any shape or form, but anyone that worships Satan needs their head examined! Fanatics do twist religion to suit their own sick need. I have never read the Torah or Koran, but I refuse to believe some of the sick acts their so called followers do is based on their holy books, I feel the same about the Bible.
Old Jan 12, 2012, 08:29 PM   #25
beatlelover45223

Jane Mansfield was decapitated in an auto accident, it has always stuck with me, that story because of the decapitation- ugggggg!

~ Nancy ~
beatlelover45223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2012, 04:36 AM   #26
beatlebangs1964

That was creepy, BL. It made me think of what my very astute uncle said - that those who follow evil power meet with a bad end. My uncle was a truly good hearted person and a good example. I love my uncle.

Peanut, without digressing into theology, suffice to say that I am repelled by s**** and I made the choice to report to God. That is me and I am not telling anybody what to believe or what road will take you there. I think Anton was a sick, evil and creepy person and I want no part of that whole scene.

I feel sorry for his kids being given evil names to reflect that man's twisted ideology. Again, that is just my opinion.

One of the reasons I love George is that he brought people closer to God with his music and shared beliefs. In fact, my chuch which is the Catholic church includes his songs in our prayer meetings, Bible studies and discussion groups. We think George has been a Godsend in many ways by getting people to think seriously about spirituality and by expressing their love for God in creative ways. In George's case, the man was humble and shared his talents and included God in what he did, whether it was gardening or music.

If I seem to act unkind, it's only me, it's not my mind. -- George Harrison, 1966

Last edited by beatlebangs1964 : Jan 13, 2012 at 04:41 AM.
Old Jan 13, 2012, 05:47 AM   #27
peanut333
Wild Honey Pie

Hi Beatle Bangs,

I was also raised in the Catholic faith, but now attend an Evangelical church, but my ties to my family's faith are still strong. I greatly admired the late Pope John Paul II. I also respect everyone's faith, although I may not understad the doctrine. That whackjob Anton had kids? I feel sorry for them too. I hope Mariska was too young to have memories of her mom's tragic death. In regards to Hare Krishnas, I recall as a child in the metro area of my hometown, mom and I would see them chanting and handing out incense. I always liked the incense. In her autobio, Chris O Dell mentions how some members that stayed at the Harrison's place were a pain and flaky. Some of the member's kids nearly drowned on the property at Friar Park and the parents had a non chalant attitude which irked Patti and Chris. I once attended a celebration at a Hare Krisna temple in Chicago due to the fact I was invited by two young Krishna women dressed in saris on the elevated train. I was surprised the group was still active in the 90's. The food was OK, but a little bland.

Last edited by peanut333 : Jan 13, 2012 at 05:54 AM.
Old Jan 14, 2012, 03:23 AM   #28
misfittoy
Dr. Robert

I was born and raised Catholic but I was treated horrbily and abused by all of them for being different. I have nothing to do with them no and my mother doesn't get that when one is treated badly, one stands up and leaves.

Catholics aren't much better with their kids then the Krishnas. My mother put her religion over her child's well-being (me) and that was not a good thing.

The problem with most judea christians and satan worship, for one, a true satanic priest has to be an ordained priest in the catholic church, so without one, the other wouldn't exist.

Also, those of us who worship other Gods are accused of worshipping satan when we don't even believe in the diety. Religous snobbery going on there.

George, according to Allistar Taylor's book, wanted to buy a church and sleep on the altar but then gave up on the idea when Allistar couldn't find a suitable church for sale.
Old Jan 14, 2012, 03:46 AM   #29
peanut333
Wild Honey Pie

That is nuts! The Catholic Church would have ripped George a new one for that! Was this before or after he converted? I believe Allistar is dead too. Many of the other players in the band's history have also passed on. I saw a video where one of the flute players in "Penny Lane" died last year. It would be cool if there was a picture of a young Beatle praying in a Catholic Church or standng outside one. I wonder how much Latin Paul remembers? I feel bad the good decent priests, have to take the rap for the sicko priests who molest kids and the church protects them. I recall in HS, this priest mentioned how many girlfriends he had in HS or college and how hard celibacy was as a human being. We respected him for being honest.

Last edited by peanut333 : Jan 14, 2012 at 03:58 AM.
Old Jan 14, 2012, 05:08 PM   #30
LMW28IF
Wild Honey Pie

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatlebangs1964 View Post
In Anthology, George said that Jayne was trying to cop a feel through his trousers and ran her hand up and down his leg. He stopped her before she reached her destination.

I know George was sexy and had beautiful wavy hair and a great body, but you just don't go around feeling people up. Poor George probably felt he was being propositioned and that he was being viewed as a sex object instead of a real person with real wavy hair and real feelings.
I'll bet George's hair was pissed off at Jayne!

Sorry... I thought the thread needed some levity.

Last edited by LMW28IF : Jan 15, 2012 at 12:12 PM.
LMW28IF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2012, 06:22 PM   #31
peanut333
Wild Honey Pie

The "Quiet Beatle" should have hauled off and smacked her like he pretended to hit Helen Shapiro when she was singing to the group on "Ready, Steady,Go"! You betcha Jane would have backed off Beatle Bang's boy then, right Beatle Bang( I'm Only Joking)!! George would never hit a woman like that I hope!
Old Jan 14, 2012, 08:37 PM   #32
misfittoy
Dr. Robert

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanut333 View Post
That is nuts! The Catholic Church would have ripped George a new one for that! Was this before or after he converted? I believe Allistar is dead too. Many of the other players in the band's history have also passed on. I saw a video where one of the flute players in "Penny Lane" died last year. It would be cool if there was a picture of a young Beatle praying in a Catholic Church or standng outside one. I wonder how much Latin Paul remembers? I feel bad the good decent priests, have to take the rap for the sicko priests who molest kids and the church protects them. I recall in HS, this priest mentioned how many girlfriends he had in HS or college and how hard celibacy was as a human being. We respected him for being honest.
Converted to what? George died a Krishna.
Old Jan 15, 2012, 06:10 AM   #33
peanut333
Wild Honey Pie

He was baptized into the Catholic faith. I recall seeing a video where Dusty Springfield was addressing a fan's question to Ringo asking why TV cameras never shot the group from the waist down so that they could see their shoes. I could sense Dusty was a little embarassed reading that. Ringo looked a little surprised too. The fans also wanted to know their shoe sizes. Those were mildy risque questions for those times. The girls were freaky!

Last edited by peanut333 : Jan 15, 2012 at 06:16 AM.
Old Jan 16, 2012, 06:39 PM   #34
misfittoy
Dr. Robert

I was baptized and confirmed. I was dragged to church every day for nearly two decades. and sent to a private catholic school. I was never a catholic. I didn't believe in it at all and wasn't accepted by any of them or shown kindness in any way. (and when some tried to claim I am, I say, YOu didn't want me then, you can't have me now)
George never even was dragged to church.
Old Jan 16, 2012, 08:17 PM   #35
peanut333
Wild Honey Pie

Wow you had a rough time, I'm assuming George's family could not afford Catholic schools, but may have attended church regularly. I attended Catholic schools most of my life too, but had a mixture of good and bad experiences. Nothing that scarred me for life.
Old Jan 22, 2012, 02:15 PM   #36
peanut333
Wild Honey Pie

I read on a YouTube post that possibly a guy fan of Joey Heatherton once punched George when it became public knowledge they were dating. The person also stated jealous fans once shot at George's plane for some unknown reason. I'm like WTH! Some of those people needed help, the Fab Four were entitled to private lives. Get a Life! BTW, did the Beatles have their own planes after awhile, I thought they always flew commerical flights.
Old Jan 22, 2012, 02:19 PM   #37
misfittoy
Dr. Robert

All the Beatles first wives and in John's case his second got the swearing, punching, threatening, hair pulling treatment.

I like to remind 1st generation Beatles fans I've met who act like they're superior to me (though the Beatles were still together when I first started to listen as a child) that I never once did anything like that ever.
Old Jan 22, 2012, 02:40 PM   #38
beatlebangs1964

Louise told a fan in a fan club newsletter that
George was not dating Davenie Johanna "Joey"
Heatherton.

Apparently George attended a function with her.

http://www.whosdatedwho.com/tpx_4803/george-harrison/

http://www.donaldsauter.com/beatles-64-rayl.htm

http://www.songfacts.com/detail.php?id=73

And THIS comment on:

"Lord, have you read Pattie's book. George was unfaithful to her from the beginning...Hooked up with Joey Heatherton on the 1964 tour. If Joey Heatherton was British...it would have been bye bye Pattie. Two years into the marriage, George begins withdrawing emotionally and cheating with Charlotte Martin who was living in their house. And in 1969 He asked Pattie for a divorce which she refused. You're all just fantasing a relationship based on pretty Pictures." otterj6 1 month ago

An additional tidbit - Louise said she didn't like
Cilla Black's voice.

Old Jan 22, 2012, 04:49 PM   #39
LMW28IF
Wild Honey Pie

Quote:
Originally Posted by misfittoy View Post
I was baptized and confirmed. I was dragged to church every day for nearly two decades. and sent to a private catholic school. I was never a catholic. I didn't believe in it at all and wasn't accepted by any of them or shown kindness in any way.

So that's why you denounced ALL CATHOLICS as treating their children badly in a post higher up on the page. What if my wonderful, beautiful, amazing wife and I work our butts off daily as well as making monetary sacrifices in other areas to afford more than $10,000 annually in tuition for Catholic schools in our area? Including our oldest at a medium sized high school in particular where EVERY SINGLE graduating senior has been accepted to a four year college for seven consecutive years?

Stating ALL of any category of parents (religious, race, nationality, economic status etc) treat their children badly is not just painting with a broad brush. It's painting with an enormous brush, made by a company called "Wrong Inc."

Last edited by LMW28IF : Jan 23, 2012 at 10:46 AM. Reason: spelling
LMW28IF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2012, 07:06 AM   #40
beatlebangs1964

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMW28IF View Post
So that's why you denounced ALL CATHOLICS as treating their children badly in a post higher up on the page. What if my wonderful, beautifu, amazing wife and I work our butts off daily as well as making monetary sacrifices in other areas to afford more than $10,000 annually in tuition for Carholic schools in our area? Including our oldest at a medium sized high school in particular where EVERY SINGLE graduating senior has been accepted to a four year college for seven consecutive years?

Stating ALL of any category of parents (religious, race, nationality, economic status etc) treat their children badly is not just painting with a broad brush. It's painting with an enormous brush, made by a company called "Wrong Inc."

Amen, LMW! Thank you for saying what I have been feeling all along. I've said all along any kind of bigotry makes me very

Louise Harrison was Catholic and she was a good mother to her little Harrisons. She so wanted George to remain in the faith and, I think to a large extent he did. He had that beautiful statue of the Blessed Mother on his property, so his Catholic roots never left him.

I'm Catholic and I can't make the claims that misfit has been making and I'm tired of seeing the Church being run down by comments to that effect. Thank you again, LMW for what you said.