BeatleLinks LogoNav Panel New Sites Cool Sites Top Rated Fab Forum Add A Site Link To Us Revolution Radio New Products

Go Back   BeatleLinks Fab Forum > Solo Forums > Menlove Avenue

Old Feb 24, 2012, 01:56 PM   #341
Apple Scruff
Sun King

Unhappy

Not an easy image for many, but a powerful image for me. When I saw this picture for the first time, I thought my heart had stopped. The feeling was almost unbearable. And then I went to the Rock Hall Lennon exhibit and saw them in person...OMG. It was, bar none, the most moving exhibit I have ever attended in my life, aside from the Holocaust Museum in Washington DC and a few others my dad has taken me to.

Unbelievable.

But that was reality. What happened to John was not fiction, nor was it suicide. The point was made in a very heart-wrenching and grappling way. But it was made, and should not be forgotten.
Old Feb 24, 2012, 03:27 PM   #342
Apple Scruff
Sun King

Ahem. Look at my avatar!

<------- Duh. This man was too beautiful for words.

And the person who made this confession obviously felt so (no it wasn't me!).

Last edited by Apple Scruff : Feb 24, 2012 at 03:28 PM.
Apple Scruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2012, 05:43 PM   #343
Maia 66
Sun King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple Scruff View Post
When I saw this picture for the first time, I thought my heart had stopped. The feeling was almost unbearable. And then I went to the Rock Hall Lennon exhibit and saw them in person...OMG. It was, bar none, the most moving exhibit I have ever attended in my life
Damn! I really wished I had attended that exhibit! Was the one in Cleveland the same that was in the short-lived NYC Annex?

All I want is the truth
Just give me some truth...

Maia 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2012, 06:20 PM   #344
Apple Scruff
Sun King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maia 66 View Post
Damn! I really wished I had attended that exhibit! Was the one in Cleveland the same that was in the short-lived NYC Annex?
I don't think it was quite the same. The exhibit in Cleveland was massive- I believe four floors. And it was so beautifully, painstakingly put together. Maia, there was a room on the third floor with giant reproductions of John's lyrics and when you stood in front of the lyrics, you could hear the song. A friend of mine came with me and we stood in front of "God."

She became a die-hard John fan from that day on.

I saw people crying, breaking down, standing and looking at his report card for, like, 40 minutes. It was incredible and PACKED. I just never realized my mid-western city had it in it to not only host something that perfect, but to have so many freaking people (many from here) be such die-hard Lennon fans.

I guess I didn't give it much thought.

I still would have loved to see the one in NYC.

One of the themes for that exhibit was the 1940, 1980, and the 20 for the number of years in between. Yoko had all the walls done in white and the numbers in a bold yellow, orange, and I think green or blue.

I know she does something every year but the 10, 20, 30, etc. is where she puts tremendous thought and concern. I don't really like to think about the next because, well, it's just hard to.

Last edited by Apple Scruff : Feb 24, 2012 at 06:41 PM.
Old Feb 25, 2012, 12:42 PM   #345
Snoopy66
Paperback Writer

Unhappy

Quote:

Not an easy image for many, but a powerful image for me. When I saw this picture for the first time, I thought my heart had stopped. The feeling was almost unbearable. And then I went to the Rock Hall Lennon exhibit and saw them in person...OMG. It was, bar none, the most moving exhibit I have ever attended in my life, aside from the Holocaust Museum in Washington DC and a few others my dad has taken me to.

But that was reality. What happened to John was not fiction, nor was it suicide. The point was made in a very heart-wrenching and grappling way. But it was made, and should not be forgotten.
I hate this picture because it makes me sick, similar to the picture of John's body in the morgue. I sincerely admire you, Scruffie, that you could bear the sight of this bloody item at the exhibit; I'm sure I couldn't But as you say, it was made and shouldn't be forgotten. It shows in a very shocking way, how violent John's death was.

Snoopy
Snoopy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2012, 12:55 PM   #346
Snoopy66
Paperback Writer

Quote:
And it was so beautifully, painstakingly put together. Maia, there was a room on the third floor with giant reproductions of John's lyrics and when you stood in front of the lyrics, you could hear the song. A friend of mine came with me and we stood in front of "God."

She became a die-hard John fan from that day on.

I saw people crying, breaking down, standing and looking at his report card for, like, 40 minutes. It was incredible and PACKED. I just never realized my mid-western city had it in it to not only host something that perfect, but to have so many freaking people (many from here) be such die-hard Lennon fans.

I know she does something every year but the 10, 20, 30, etc. is where she puts tremendous thought and concern. I don't really like to think about the next because, well, it's just hard to.
Ooooh, I just wished I've been there too. It must have been so impressive to see the giant reproductions of John's lyrics. Further, I'd love to see how other John-fans look like and it's great that your friend became thank's to this exhibition a die-had John fan

Thank's for sharing your experience there, Scruffie

Snoopy
Old Feb 25, 2012, 03:42 PM   #347
Maia 66
Sun King

Quote:
I don't really like to think about the next because, well, it's just hard to.
Yes, the next one will mark the point where he's been gone longer than he was alive.

That sounds like an amazing exhibition! You know what else would be really cool? I wonder if they've done this before... an exhibit where you could look through a pair of lenses and see what the world looked like to John without his glasses on. And then another one where you could look through a pair with his prescription.

All I want is the truth
Just give me some truth...

Maia 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2012, 03:58 PM   #348
Apple Scruff
Sun King

Quote:
Yes, the next one will mark the point where he's been gone longer than he was alive.

Quote:
That sounds like an amazing exhibition! You know what else would be really cool? I wonder if they've done this before... an exhibit where you could look through a pair of lenses and see what the world looked like to John without his glasses on. And then another one where you could look through a pair with his prescription.
Gosh Maia, that sounds so artsy and almost avant garde. Perhaps you and Yoko have more in common than you think.

Last edited by Apple Scruff : Feb 25, 2012 at 03:58 PM.
Old Feb 26, 2012, 02:05 PM   #349
Snoopy66
Paperback Writer

Talking That sounds funny

Quote:
What a funny idea, Maia

I imagine that John's world looked quite foggy and fuzzy without his glasses on

Snoopy
Old Feb 29, 2012, 10:38 PM   #350
Apple Scruff
Sun King

Oh come on now! That song is the pinnacle of great rock and roll vocal performances. Stop being so nervous and just live the music!!!

Old Mar 07, 2012, 02:07 PM   #351
Apple Scruff
Sun King

Thumbs down Boo!

Let me not mince words: Aaron Johnson looked amazing as John. And I LOVED his performance, love that film- I stan for everything and all Nowhere Boy.

BUT, Aaron was made up to look like John. He does not, I repeat does not look that fantastic in real life. Case example:

Obviously, he's not a bad looking guy. But I am very sorry: HE was made up to look like John. John OWNED that look and it was him. Aaron's real look isn't really my thang. And, in my opinion, his look in the film was definitely handsome but still...nothing beats the real thing.
Old Mar 07, 2012, 02:10 PM   #352
Apple Scruff
Sun King

Default I agree with this

I believe this is true. And I think it was true about Paul's feelings towards Stu as well.
Old Mar 07, 2012, 02:12 PM   #353
Apple Scruff
Sun King

Default TTTTTHHHHHIIIIIIISSSSSSS for the rest of my life!

I will never, ever EVER comprehend John's death. In fact, it becomes more and more difficult to understand why and how. I sometimes prefer to not think about it because it breaks my heart, not going to lie.
Old Mar 07, 2012, 02:14 PM   #354
Apple Scruff
Sun King

Wink Intense stuff here

Wow! Well, you've got some amazing taste my friend! And you're not alone- but what took you so long?
Old Mar 07, 2012, 02:14 PM   #355
Apple Scruff
Sun King

Tee hee!

Old Mar 07, 2012, 02:44 PM   #356
John's lover girl
Dr. Robert

Send a message via Yahoo to John's lover girl Send a message via Skype™ to John's lover girl

i wondered that as well
‎alchemy the science of understanding deconstructing and reconstructing matter however it is not an all powerful art it is impossible to create something out of nothing is one wishes to obtain something something of equal value must be given. this is the law of equivalent exchange. the bases of all alchemy in accordance with this law there is a taboo among alchemists human transmutation is strictly forbidden for what could be the value of a human soul- full metal alchemist
John's lover girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 08, 2012, 11:09 AM   #357
Fly
Dr. Robert

Quote:

Let me not mince words: Aaron Johnson looked amazing as John. And I LOVED his performance, love that film- I stan for everything and all Nowhere Boy.

BUT, Aaron was made up to look like John. He does not, I repeat does not look that fantastic in real life. Case example:

Obviously, he's not a bad looking guy. But I am very sorry: HE was made up to look like John. John OWNED that look and it was him. Aaron's real look isn't really my thang. And, in my opinion, his look in the film was definitely handsome but still...nothing beats the real thing.
Have to say, the boy is still rather hot regardless. But he wasn't as hot as John. Please. He looks far better in the film than real life, but even in the film he doesn't hold a candle to John Lennon. John was the kind of man that a girl with a symmetrically attractive boyfriend w/perfect hair would STILL be checking out when that boyfriend was in the loo because she knew he had SEX written all over him in the most desirable and mysterious way possible.
Old Mar 08, 2012, 01:51 PM   #358
Snoopy66
Paperback Writer

Personally, I don't find Aaron handsome in real life, just in "Nowhere Boy". Otherwise, I absolutely agree with your statement.
Snoopy
Old Mar 08, 2012, 03:44 PM   #359
ChrisG134
Sun King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly View Post
Have to say, the boy is still rather hot regardless. But he wasn't as hot as John. Please. He looks far better in the film than real life, but even in the film he doesn't hold a candle to John Lennon. John was the kind of man that a girl with a symmetrically attractive boyfriend w/perfect hair would STILL be checking out when that boyfriend was in the loo because she knew he had SEX written all over him in the most desirable and mysterious way possible.
Oh no way!That 2nd picture he looks terrible.He needs a haircut and shave.
Old Mar 08, 2012, 04:08 PM   #360
Fly
Dr. Robert

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisG134 View Post
Oh no way!That 2nd picture he looks terrible.He needs a haircut and shave.
Well, I was being nice I guess. After reviewing this photo I have to comclude he's a very average looking, pale individual. But it's nice to see that his mother looks rather good for her age!