BeatleLinks LogoNav Panel New Sites Cool Sites Top Rated Fab Forum Add A Site Link To Us Revolution Radio New Products

Go Back   BeatleLinks Fab Forum > Solo Forums > Menlove Avenue

Old Nov 30, 2011, 09:16 PM   #1
Apple Scruff
Sun King

Default Lennon Confessions (via Tumblr)

As you know, I Tumblr stalk. To all those who lurk and may post on/have blogs on Tumblr, if you see anything that is yours consider it high praise. I was reading on this Tumblr blog entitled "John Lennon Confessions" and I had to share them. You all can share your thoughts on these if you feel the desire to. In fact, I implore you too! I will of course...

Some of them may sound like the confessions of young people. But I still find some worthy of discussion. So I'll post those ones. Perhaps, if you care, there is a John Confession of your own you'd like to share.

Last edited by Apple Scruff : Dec 01, 2011 at 06:18 AM.
Apple Scruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2011, 09:19 PM   #2
Apple Scruff
Sun King

Um, hello confession TWIN!! This is definitely something I happily share all the freaking time. If you're going to judge John, you have to be fair and judge ALL FOUR in the same obscenely harsh manner. He was far from perfect, but he was not even close to being this wicked, monstrous dude a lot of people want to paint him as.

Last edited by Apple Scruff : Nov 30, 2011 at 09:19 PM.
Apple Scruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2011, 09:21 PM   #3
Apple Scruff
Sun King

Yes, drunk John made a fool out of himself quite a bit. And then of course he really couldn't handle his liquor very long so he ended up either getting abrasively loud, aggressive, or throwing up everywhere. There really wasn't too many grand moments that came out of drunk John. But, hey, my best friend and I have had our moments and she turns into a righteous TWIT when she's drunk. So it happens.
Old Nov 30, 2011, 09:23 PM   #4
Apple Scruff
Sun King

Can I get a HELL YEAH! over here?!? I'm sorry but...John's songs were, for the most part, majestic works of pure brilliance and beauty. I really can't get with this "re-doing" of any of them. Except that horrific piece of **** we all know as "Only People." For all I care, he could have handed that one to Tom Jones and good riddance.
Old Nov 30, 2011, 09:27 PM   #5
Apple Scruff
Sun King

Oh come on! Yoko Ono is so famously hated. It's like popular to throw in some "I hate Yoko" jabs. Ok, her music isn't for everyone. I will definitely hand you that. But she isn't that unappealing while alone:

In fact, someone once said to me that Yoko Ono is one of the few people who still carries the spirit of John whenever they see her. I agree in many ways.
Old Nov 30, 2011, 09:28 PM   #6
Apple Scruff
Sun King

I'm not touching this one.
Old Nov 30, 2011, 09:30 PM   #7
Apple Scruff
Sun King

Oh come on now! I loved that book when I read it (in high school). Look, it's a book with some challenging theories. But there is NOTHING in it that is associated with John's murder aside from the freakish monster who had his own twisted interpretation and the evil, pathetic intentions in the first place.
Old Nov 30, 2011, 09:34 PM   #8
Apple Scruff
Sun King

I'm confused by this one. What exactly is he/she saying here? John apparently ate freely during the 'Lost Weekend' and stayed completely thin. He was thin his entire life except for a brief period in the mid-60's where he was rather gluttonous. Anyone will put on weight if they stuff their face without moving about much. And if they don't, it'll catch up in some way. I personally don't think he had a propensity towards gaining weight more so than any average person. He did have some body image issues though, but that's a whole other matter.
Old Nov 30, 2011, 09:35 PM   #9
Apple Scruff
Sun King

I COMPLETELY disagree. And I am shocked by this one, to be quite honest.
Old Nov 30, 2011, 09:36 PM   #10
Apple Scruff
Sun King

Truth.
Old Nov 30, 2011, 09:37 PM   #11
Apple Scruff
Sun King

OMG, of course he felt guilty about not seeing his son as much. He was obsessed about the fact that he'd been a poor dad to Julian and was trying to turn it around. Sheesh.
Old Nov 30, 2011, 09:38 PM   #12
Apple Scruff
Sun King

I actually feel the same way as this. I really need someone to explain to me why they use this 'martyrized' attack so often with John. How has he been 'martyrized' exactly? I'm confused.
Old Nov 30, 2011, 09:40 PM   #13
Apple Scruff
Sun King

Well...I see John in both sons, and maybe a little sparkle in their eyes. But Julian's eyes now remind me of Fred Lennon and Sean has his OWN eyes that are very whimsical, sweet, and charming and not really much like John or Yoko's. I'd say more John than Yoko, but they're pretty much his own feature.
Old Nov 30, 2011, 09:40 PM   #14
Apple Scruff
Sun King

Leaving off with that one! I'll post more later.
Old Dec 01, 2011, 06:06 AM   #15
Snoopy66
Paperback Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple Scruff View Post
As you know, I Tumblr stalk. To all those who lurk and may post on/have blogs on Tumblr, if you see anything that is yours consider it high praise. I was reading on this Tumblr bloog entitled "John Lennon Confessions" and I had to share them. You all can share your thoughts on these if you feel the desire to. In fact, I implore you too! I will of course...

Some of them may sound like the confessions of young people. But I still find some worthy of discussion. So I'll post those ones. Perhaps, if you care, there is a John Confession of your own you'd like to share.
Hi Scruffie

Wow, I just stumpled now on this thread; didn't know about this blog on Tumblr, seems to be interesting though

Yeah, they are worth to discuss, no doubt

Snoopy
Snoopy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 01, 2011, 06:13 AM   #16
Snoopy66
Paperback Writer

Quote:

Um, hello confession TWIN!! This is definitely something I happily share all the freaking time. If you're going to judge John, you have to be fair and judge ALL FOUR in the same obscenely harsh manner. He was far from perfect, but he was not even close to being this wicked, monstrous dude a lot of people want to paint him as.
Yes, I fully agree

There are enough people around who are judging John in a mean way, without really knowing him As you say, you have to judge all Beatles-member to be fair. Overall, he wasn't more far from being perfect than the other three.

I guess John is often harshly judged because he exposed himself, his feelings and emotions much more than the other Beatles

Snoopy
Old Dec 01, 2011, 09:53 PM   #17
Maia 66
Sun King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoopy66 View Post
I guess John is often harshly judged because he exposed himself, his feelings and emotions much more than the other Beatles
Oh, absolutely.

The whole "John as no saint" thing ~ I don't know if it's the same for you, Snoopy, but I find that people who were Beatles fans at the time that John died don't judge him as harshly as either those who came along after or those who were around at the time but not Beatles fans.

People who were Beatles fans in 1980 tend to remember John as a brilliant songwriter/singer with a wonderfully cheeky sense of humor and an irrepressible rebel charm. Oh, and all that crazy sh&t he did with Yoko...

All I want is the truth
Just give me some truth...

Maia 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 01, 2011, 09:57 PM   #18
Maia 66
Sun King

Quote:

I COMPLETELY disagree. And I am shocked by this one, to be quite honest.
I kind of understand this one... and I don't agree or disagree. I have to admit that I have entertained that thought myself from time to time... but I'm not really sure how I feel about it. Let me think it through a bit and maybe I'll post later in the Random Discussions thread.

All I want is the truth
Just give me some truth...

Maia 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 01, 2011, 10:42 PM   #19
Apple Scruff
Sun King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maia 66 View Post
I kind of understand this one... and I don't agree or disagree. I have to admit that I have entertained that thought myself from time to time... but I'm not really sure how I feel about it. Let me think it through a bit and maybe I'll post later in the Random Discussions thread.
You MUST express it in the Random Discussions. I want to read what you have to say. I am personally rather offended. I guess I feel like John deserved to live his life for many, many years creating and doing wonderful and amazing things with his time. And some a-hole decided he didn't want that and, well, "now there's all this."
Old Dec 02, 2011, 01:28 AM   #20
Snoopy66
Paperback Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maia 66 View Post
I just have the same thought, Maia

On one hand, I understand what the writer wants to say: John promoted peace and yet died violently.

But of course, it can't be the best way to die (for any human) being shot like a dog on the street

Snoopy