BeatleLinks LogoNav Panel New Sites Cool Sites Top Rated Fab Forum Add A Site Link To Us Revolution Radio New Products

Go Back   BeatleLinks Fab Forum > Solo Forums > Red Rose Speedway

Old May 14, 2005, 11:39 AM   #1
erinluv182
Taxman

Send a message via AIM to erinluv182
Default Paul's affair with Peggy Lipton

We just got the new People magazine (Renee Zellwager and Kenny Chesney are on the cover), and there's an article in there about the actress Peggy Lipton from the Mod Squad. In it, she details how she had a very brief fling with Paul in 1966. Here's what she has to say about their initial meeting at a party and what happened:

"Paul shook my hand. 'My god, you're beautiful,'he said. 'You're not so bad yourself,' I replied, like an idiot. Later, I was asked to come to a bash that evening. I arrivedd almost sick to my stomach. I had only lost my virginity six months earlier and I'd been thinking about Paul for a year. He greeted me sweetly. He played the piano. The next thing I knew we were on our way upstairs. The fantasy was playing out a little too fast. He took me in his arms and kissed me. May I say that this was the kiss of my dreams? As passionate, tender and exciting as I ever could have imagined. During our lovemaking, I caught myself thinking, how was this making em feel? I liked everything about Paul, yet when we walked downstairs together the feeling wasn't too good. I saw myself as just a young girl he had taken to bed and that was it. Paul called the next night and I went back. I wanted to try to cement a bond. Once again it was sexy. But by the time our tryst was over I wanted to go home to the safety of my parent's house. I didn't see Paul again that summer."

Peggy goes on to talk about seeing him again in 1969. Just curious what y'all think about this. I don't think it's incredibly surprising that she slept with himin 66 (even though the pic of them looks more like '65 Paul to me), but the notion that he tried to meet up with her while he was with Linda seems a little off to me...

I should also note that there is a little more that she says about him in the article, and also that this is all from her autobiography and I would wager there would be more in there about Paul as well.

Once you go Macca, you never go bacca.

Last edited by erinluv182 : May 14, 2005 at 11:44 AM.
erinluv182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2005, 11:46 AM   #2
ImaginePeace78
Dr. Robert

Interesting read...thanks for sharing. What did she say about the meeting in 1969? I'm just wondering...
-Kristi

'He (Elvis Presley) turned out to be fantastic. I remember rushing home with the record 'Heartbreak Hotel' and saying, 'He sounds like Frankie Laine and Johnnie Ray and Tennessee Ernie Ford!'' --John Lennon
ImaginePeace78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2005, 11:49 AM   #3
beatlebangs1964

Send a message via AIM to beatlebangs1964
Default Peggy - Kiss & Tell

It WAS interesting to read. Paul plainly was not the kind of man to kiss and tell. You can respect that. It has been documented that all 4 Beatles had numerous affairs. The world and many women were "at their command," so to speak and many opportunities presented themselves.

Paul in 1965-66 was very young and was, as the saying goes, "sowing his wild oats." By the time he met Linda and by the time they got married, he had matured considerably.

If I seem to act unkind, it's only me, it's not my mind. -- George Harrison, 1966

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/c...rtc/signatures

http://www.reddit.com/r/troubledteen...aten_at_green/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7g0oiJ52Gw

Last edited by beatlebangs1964 : May 14, 2005 at 11:50 AM.
beatlebangs1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2005, 11:49 AM   #4
erinluv182
Taxman

She generally just says that Paul called her in 69 and told her he would be in CA and that they should meet up. She said she didn't want to if he was seeing anyone else, and he assured her that he wasn't. But when she went to go see him, Linda was there, so she left him a nasty note, and that was pretty much it.

Last edited by erinluv182 : May 14, 2005 at 11:50 AM.
Old May 14, 2005, 11:52 AM   #5
beatlebangs1964

Then I guess they were'nt "very good friends" and "couldn't work it out," so "in the end" it was best to say "hello, goodbye" instead of "two of us "and "I'll Be Back." On that note, they were free to go down their separate Long & Winding Roads.

I doubt Paul wrote her a missive that closed with "P.S. I Love You."

If I seem to act unkind, it's only me, it's not my mind. -- George Harrison, 1966

Last edited by beatlebangs1964 : May 14, 2005 at 11:54 AM.
Old May 14, 2005, 11:58 AM   #6
erinluv182
Taxman

Yea... I'm just a little skeptical of Paul calling her up in 1969. 65-66 of course, and I think it's pretty obvious that until Linda had moved to London he really didn't mind sleeping with plenty of women, but I just have a really hard time believing that he may have been considering straying from Linda so close to them getting married. But what do you guys think of this?

Old May 14, 2005, 12:45 PM   #7
HMVNipper
Sun King

Send a message via AIM to HMVNipper

I think that it is entirely possible that Paul tried to get together with Peggy in 1969. Until that knot was tied, I would be willing to bet he was sleeping with anything that moved, even if he WAS very serious with Linda. Remember that Linda was pregnant with Mary when they married -- I don't think that is WHY they married (at least, not the whole reason). I don't mean it was like a John and Cyn situation, but who's to say how quickly Paul and Linda would have married had she not been pregnant? They weren't exactly planning a big white wedding or anything! I really don't think he was "Mister Monogamy" even when he was hot and heavy with Linda until that ring was on his finger. So it would not shock me that he would have a serious girlfriend but still hit on other women. After all, he was hitting on other women even when he was VERY serious with Jane, right? Once he and Linda WERE married, though, I think the playing of the field stopped.

That is my opinion, anyway.
"And this I believe: that the free, exploring mind of the individual human is the most valuable thing in all the world. And this I would fight for: the freedom of the mind to take any direction it wishes, undirected. And this I must fight against: any idea, religion, or government which limits or destroys the individual." - John Steinbeck

"When we blindly adopt a religion, a political system, a literary dogma, we become automatons. We cease to grow." - Anais Nin

Last edited by HMVNipper : May 14, 2005 at 12:46 PM.
HMVNipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2005, 12:58 PM   #8
LovinLennon909
Taxman

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMVNipper
I think that it is entirely possible that Paul tried to get together with Peggy in 1969. Until that knot was tied, I would be willing to bet he was sleeping with anything that moved, even if he WAS very serious with Linda. Remember that Linda was pregnant with Mary when they married -- I don't think that is WHY they married (at least, not the whole reason). I don't mean it was like a John and Cyn situation, but who's to say how quickly Paul and Linda would have married had she not been pregnant? They weren't exactly planning a big white wedding or anything! I really don't think he was "Mister Monogamy" even when he was hot and heavy with Linda until that ring was on his finger. So it would not shock me that he would have a serious girlfriend but still hit on other women. After all, he was hitting on other women even when he was VERY serious with Jane, right? Once he and Linda WERE married, though, I think the playing of the field stopped.

I'm inclined to agree with you, Susan. It might not be very nice to think, but I highly doubt Paul was monogamous prior to his marriage. He was known to have a...healthy appetite.
Old May 14, 2005, 01:09 PM   #9
Sally
Sgt. Pepper

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMVNipper

I am inclined to agree with that, this might not have anything to do with it but when I was a teenage Beatle fan or even in my 20's I had a bit of a rose specticaled view of the Beatles in that they never strayed once they were married and got indignant when it was suggested otherwise and just thought that the women who claimed otherwise were just out for some money and their five minutes of fame. Now I am older and been around a bit I now firmly believe that they probably did sleep with hundreds of girls when they were single and married, after all they lived in a different world that was way out there, with everything at their feet, all the money and women and so on and lets face it a bloke's a bloke, temptation too much. Though not sure about Paul and Linda as they claim never to have had a night apart, but Ringo, George and John definately.

But maybe I am wrong.
Sally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2005, 01:19 PM   #10
AnyRoad69
Banned

Nice 57 Years old Lady
AnyRoad69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2005, 01:21 PM   #11
Sally
Sgt. Pepper

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnyRoad69

Nice 57 Years old Lady
Now seriously look at her now and imagine what she looked like back then OF COURSE HE CALLED HER IN 1969!
Sally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2005, 01:27 PM   #12
AnyRoad69
Banned

She bring out her Book in next month :

From Publishers Weekly
Lipton's story is clichéd, and her writing's clunky to boot. But that's no matter, because the main reason readers will pick this book up is for its pages on the sexual encounters Lipton—who played the hip chick of TV's undercover Mod Squad in the late 1960s and early '70s—had with Paul McCartney and Elvis. Born in 1947 and raised on Long Island, Lipton was a model at 15 and had started acting classes by the time her family moved to California a few years later. Hanging out in Hollywood, Lipton soon became a mod version of the "it" girl. After ridding herself of her virginity, her first goal was to seduce McCartney. That accomplished, she slept with a series of alcoholic or abusive married men, meanwhile experimenting with a variety of drugs. Her psychedelic adventures with actor Terence Stamp were quintessential Haight-Ashbury; she even had a fling with Elvis: "He was a great kisser," she allows, "but that was about it." In 1974, she married musician Quincy Jones, who didn't want her to work. A full-time mom until their marriage fell apart, Lipton then struggled with depression and debilitating fatigue, finding strength from her guru, Gurumayi, from acting work and from her two beloved daughters. There's a lot of '60s and '70s color—joints smoked in the bathroom, an interracial marriage, a trip to an Indian ashram—but it all boils down to an old-fashioned kiss-and-tell. 16 b&w photos. (June)
Copyright © Reed Business Information, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved
AnyRoad69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2005, 05:02 PM   #13
Rellevart

Send a message via MSN to Rellevart

I wouldn't be at all surprised if he had some other flings while he and Linda were seeing each other, but before they were married. I mean, this is a guy who's had his pick of women for YEARS, he's rich, he's good looking, he's charming, he's charismatic...it wouldn't surprise me in the least if a really serious, potentally marriage-headed relationship might have freaked him out a little and he looked around a little. I agree though, that it more than likely ended with his marriage, so it doesn't bother me much.
Old May 14, 2005, 06:30 PM   #14
ringo_rama
Old Brown Shoe

She's 57?! Whoa.

Seriously, there must be a Mad Libs-style template of sorts for all these affair with a Beatles stories. They're all exactly the same. Ladies, fill it in and come up with your own affair with a Beatle!

"I was (YOUNG AGE) at the time. I went to a party over at (BRITISH LOCATION), and imagine my surprise when (ONE OF THE BEATLES) came up to me and said, '(EXCLAMATION), you're one beautiful bird!' I (VERB, PAST TENSE), 'You're not so bad yourself!' We had a few (ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGE, PLURAL) and got to know each other. When the party was over, he invited me to join him at (BRITISH NIGHTCLUB). I accepted of course. The band that night was (LONG-FORGOTTEN BRITISH ONE HIT WONDER), and they played (THEIR ONE HIT). At (LATE HOUR), we left the club, and (SAME BEATLE) invited me to a party in his (SYNONYM FOR PANTS). I know what you're about to ask. The answers are yes, yes, no, yes, and no, in that order.

A couple years later, I phoned (SAME BEATLE) up and asked if we should get together again. He agreed. I was (ADJECTIVE) when I ran up to his bedroom only to find him and (ANOTHER WOMAN...OR IF YOU'RE FEELING ESPECIALLY BITTER, A MAN) in bed together. I yelled at the top of my lungs, '(EXPLETIVE PHRASE),' and promptly left. Even so, the love has never died."

Please visualize this whenever you read my posts:
Yay!!!!!!
-R_R: eradicating stupidity, one post at a time
ringo_rama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2005, 08:20 PM   #15
erinluv182
Taxman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringo_rama
She's 57?! Whoa.

Seriously, there must be a Mad Libs-style template of sorts for all these affair with a Beatles stories. They're all exactly the same. Ladies, fill it in and come up with your own affair with a Beatle!

"I was (YOUNG AGE) at the time. I went to a party over at (BRITISH LOCATION), and imagine my surprise when (ONE OF THE BEATLES) came up to me and said, '(EXCLAMATION), you're one beautiful bird!' I (VERB, PAST TENSE), 'You're not so bad yourself!' We had a few (ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGE, PLURAL) and got to know each other. When the party was over, he invited me to join him at (BRITISH NIGHTCLUB). I accepted of course. The band that night was (LONG-FORGOTTEN BRITISH ONE HIT WONDER), and they played (THEIR ONE HIT). At (LATE HOUR), we left the club, and (SAME BEATLE) invited me to a party in his (SYNONYM FOR PANTS). I know what you're about to ask. The answers are yes, yes, no, yes, and no, in that order.

A couple years later, I phoned (SAME BEATLE) up and asked if we should get together again. He agreed. I was (ADJECTIVE) when I ran up to his bedroom only to find him and (ANOTHER WOMAN...OR IF YOU'RE FEELING ESPECIALLY BITTER, A MAN) in bed together. I yelled at the top of my lungs, '(EXPLETIVE PHRASE),' and promptly left. Even so, the love has never died."
Oh my gosh, Rama.... I was seriously laughing out loud at this! This is seriously one of the funniest things I've ever seen on Beatlelinks ever. Mad props, my friend!

Old May 14, 2005, 08:58 PM   #16
justanothergirl
Taxman

Send a message via Yahoo to justanothergirl

lol, I was laughing about the bit about if your especially bitter, a man, part for about 10 minutes!

I'm doing the best that I can
justanothergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2005, 09:44 PM   #17
ImaginePeace78
Dr. Robert

I was laughing so hard at your "Mad-Lib." :) Very good!
-Kristi

'He (Elvis Presley) turned out to be fantastic. I remember rushing home with the record 'Heartbreak Hotel' and saying, 'He sounds like Frankie Laine and Johnnie Ray and Tennessee Ernie Ford!'' --John Lennon
ImaginePeace78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2005, 11:32 PM   #18
beatlebangs1964

Talking

I think you mean "Fab-Lib!"

Old May 15, 2005, 10:42 AM   #19
ringo_rama
Old Brown Shoe

I'm glad to see that my Fab Libs are so popular! Maybe I'll come up with some more, gender-neutral ones...

Please visualize this whenever you read my posts:
Yay!!!!!!
-R_R: eradicating stupidity, one post at a time
ringo_rama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2005, 12:06 PM   #20
Bexy_Starkey
Dr. Robert

How do we know she's telling the truth? Wouldn't mind having that...experience though!

Choose Love, dudes!
Bexy_Starkey is offline   Reply With Quote