BeatleLinks LogoNav Panel New Sites Cool Sites Top Rated Fab Forum Add A Site Link To Us Revolution Radio New Products

Go Back   BeatleLinks Fab Forum > Beatles Forums > Paperback Writer

Old Mar 21, 2002, 03:35 PM   #1
LennonReincarnate
Rocky Raccoon

Default Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds: the story behind the song.

Here it is folks, my first ever Beatles story! Yayy!!
Ok, A quick summary, I’m not a big fan of those ‘Mary Sue’ stories, but, this is my own little style of it… and the story is entirely about our Fab-Four. Not some other chick I’ve made up. You’ll all like it, believe me… what could be better than four hot guys running around and acting all funny with a… Wait! I can’t tell ya! Hahahahaha! So you’ll just have to read it! Go on,… ya know you want to.

I’ve only seen the beginning to Help! and I don’t know much about how the Beatles Pad is supposed to look. All I remember is that Ringo had a hole in the floor for a room…. (It was Ringo, right???) I’ve seen A Hard Day’s Night more times than you can shake a stick at and I know like every line, but that doesn’t have the Pad in it. But, I do have a Help! screensaver. So I’m mainly going by memory on how it’s supposed to look.

And… I stink at trying to write like I’m talking in a British accent. I’m full blooded American rebel, what can I say? So, just go with what I’m writing… and if I use a British word wrong, someone please let me know!

Disclaimers: I don’t own the Beatles, they belong to themselves, and I don’t own Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band rights.. I own a copy of the Album though! It’s good! But, anyway, all rights belong to other people, not me. I just own the story. Mine, not yours, no touchy. Or I will come after you with a penguin!

~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~

For just a moment
Leave your mind…
Sidestep the obvious
And look into the words.
You might realize something
You never did before.

~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~

February 7, 1965

A cold gust of wind blew through the narrow streets of London, England.
John Lennon shivered and pulled his heavy overcoat tighter around him.
‘Damned winter!’ he thought to himself. ‘I hate the cold!’ He stuffed his numb hands down into his pockets and trudged on down the street.
He and Paul had had another ‘disagreement’ and John had stormed off. Now he was just wandering around, no real particular place to go, too prideful to go back to the Pad.
It was getting dark.
He wouldn’t go back just yet. He’d let the others worry themselves to death, oh, how he wished he was there right now to see how they were reacting! He’d send Paul on a good guilt trip over this one.
John would wait until about one or two in the morning; stumble in cold and tired. Ringo and George would treat him like a king! And Paul, he’d apologize first, giving up his pride instead.
John loved to manipulate them a bit! It was so much fun!
He wandered on for a while more, the icy wind sweeping through his long moptop hair.
Then he heard it… a soft cry barely discernable over the howling wind. John continued on, letting his sharp ears guide him closer to where he thought the sound was coming from. The crying stopped for a moment, then started again.
This time John recognized the crying to be that of a child’s. The crying led him into one of the narrow alleyways between two old abandoned warehouses.
Gently he kneeled down beside a trashcan and stared right into the eyes of a small baby girl.
“Well, hello there, doll. What’re ya doin’ out ‘ere in the cold all alone?” John looked over his shoulder. What kind of pitiful excuse for a parent had left this defenseless child out here in the cold?!
He quickly pulled the baby girl, who couldn’t be even a year old, into his arms and wrapped his coat around her. Then John turned and hurried out of the alley.

~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~

“It’s a part of ‘is plan, that’s all.” Paul McCartney explained to Ringo Starr and George Harrison. “You see, he wants us to get ourselves all worked up and then he’ll come back and expect us to apologize and treat him like a king.”
“You’ll apologize, Macca. You’re the one who got ‘im all flustered, remembah?” George reminded Paul.
“Well, Ah’m no’ a bit worried ‘bout ‘im.” Paul insisted. He crossed his arms and fell backwards onto his chair.
Silence settled over the Beatles’ Pad for a few long moments.
“I’m worried ‘bout him.” Paul stated.
“I wuz wondering when you’d come to that conclusion.” Ringo spoke up.
“Oh, hush! What if ‘e slipped an’ hurt ‘imself?!” Paul cried, jumping up and resuming his pacing.
“Jun’s a big boy now. ‘E can take care of ‘imself.” George teased.
“But, it’s dark outside!” Paul insisted.
“Ease off it, Macca. Like you said, ‘e’ll come back.” George smiles at Paul reassuringly.
Ringo nodded and pulled himself out of the hole in the floor that was his room.
“Ah don’t trust you two.” Paul said, eyeing Ringo as the older man fiddled with the rings on his fingers.
“Oh, lay off it!” Ringo complained, his blue eyes betraying the seriousness in his voice.
Suddenly, the door burst open and a heavily bundled figure stumbled in.
“Jun! Jun, you’re alive!” Paul cried in merriment, dancing in little circles around Ringo. Meanwhile, George was inspecting his other friend closely.
“Jun, what ‘ave ya got under there? A baby?” George asked.
A slow smile spread across John’s face. “George, how’d ya’ evah guess.” John unbuttoned his coat to reveal a small baby girl.
Paul immediately stopped his dancing and stared at John in shock, his mouth wide open.
“Now you’ve gone and done it.” Ringo chided John.
“Jun, who…who was it?” Paul inquired as soon as he recovered from the initial shock.
John laughed and handed the now sleeping baby girl to George who nearly dropped her.
“Absolutely no one. Ah found this little angel here, in an alleyway. Someone had just dumped her off with the garbage.”
George wrinkled up his nose and held the baby at an arms length in front of him.
“Ah can tell! Jun, when was the last time ya’ cleaned it?!”
Ringo took the baby from George and shot him a dirty look. “It’s a baby, Geo! She can’t fend for herself!” Ringo exclaimed.
“Well, Ah know that!” George stated.
“Both of you, lay off! You’ll wake her.” John shushed. George and Ringo immediately clammed up.
“Sorry.” Ringo whispered.
“You guys, I couldn’t just leave ‘er there.” John said. “I mean, look at ‘er.”
Three pairs of eyes turned to where Ringo was holding the small bundle. The bundle began to move and wiggle.
Ringo’s blue eyes widened in terror.
“Oh, G-d! Jun! She’s wakin’ up! What do Ah do, what do Ah do?!”
“Don’t jostle ‘er!” John instructed.
Ringo looked down at the baby in his arms and made a funny face at her.
“Dear G-d, Ringo. Don’t do that! You’ll scare the thing!” George cried.
To all their surprise, the baby girl laughed. It was a high pitched sound, like ringing bells.
She waved her grubby arms in the air, reaching for Ringo’s long hair.
“Ah think she likes me you guys!” Ringo smiled. Then his face contorted into a look of shock.
He held the giggling baby away from him and looked down at his shirt that had been clean and dry only moments before. His black shirt was now soaking wet.
“ ‘Ey Ringo, me thinks you’ve been christened!” Paul cried out before bursting into laughter.
George went into a fit of laughter and fell onto his bed. John allowed a wide smirk to light up his face.
“The little devil! She jus’ ruined me best shirt!” Ringo said disgustedly.
John took the baby from Ringo’s arms. “Don’t call ‘er that. She’s an angel.” John corrected him teasingly.
“Ringo, babe, take a bath! You reek, luv!” George choked out through his laughter.
Ringo shot all three of them dirty glares and stalked into the bathroom he shared with George, slamming the door behind him.
John turned around to face Paul and George.
“Now, you two. Get bundled up. You’re goin’ out.”
George and Paul immediately sobered up. “Out? Out where?” Paul asked.
“To the drug store to get baby supplies to last till tomorrow. Some food an’ milk an’ stuff.”
“What kind of ‘stuff’?” George inquired.
John shrugged. “Diapers, powders, creams, some baby bibs and a blanket. We’ll go shopping tomorrow for clothes and things.”
Paul and George stared at him incredulously. “Ya’ aren’t getting’ attached to it are ya’ Jun?” Paul asked.
“Paul, ‘it’s’ a little girl. I… we have ta take care of her until we find out what ta do with her.” John stared at his friend.
“Allright, Jun. I get ya drift. Me and Geo will be right back.”
John looked down at the baby girl after the others had left.
“Now to start cleanin’ ya up for when they come back.” John sashayed his way into the other bathroom, dancing with the small angel in his arms.
The baby giggled in delight, her bright blue eyes sparkling.
“Now, bathtime!” John announced. “Jus’ how exactly do ya take a diaper off anyway?” he asked no one in particular.

~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~

Thus ends chapter one… will George and Ringo and Paul be able to survive John’s new girl??? Or will they be drawn into her aura of sweetness as well??? Will John get her diaper off anytime soon??? And just what are they gonna name her?? Tune in this weekend for chapter two!

John: I am not a perv!
George: Are too, you’re a pansyperv!
Ringo: HELP!!!
Paul: I thought it was spelled Help! with lowercase letters and only one exclamation point…? I’m sooo confused!
Unnamed baby: gagagoogoogaga!

~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~

------------------
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Tahoma, Arial, Sans-Serif">Quote:</font><HR>I am he as you are he as you are me and we are all together. -"I Am the Walrus"<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
LennonReincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2002, 03:38 PM   #2
LennonReincarnate
Rocky Raccoon

Default Re: Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds: the story behind the song.

Kinda long, huh?? I'll work on that.
+ So, here's the preview to my story "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds" Yes, I know, "Jun" is annoying, and It was NOT Ringo's hole in the floor room in Help! It was John's. I just didn't feel like changing it. (Too lazy)
So, more is on Fanfiction.net. And, if ya'll like it, I might post more here. Leave your reviews and I'll see what you like! I love you all!

------------------
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Tahoma, Arial, Sans-Serif">Quote:</font><HR>I am he as you are he as you are me and we are all together. -"I Am the Walrus"<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old Mar 21, 2002, 07:28 PM   #3
Drumhead15
Dr. Robert

Send a message via AIM to Drumhead15 Send a message via MSN to Drumhead15 Send a message via Yahoo to Drumhead15

Great job!!!!! You did good as far as I can tell! It's hilarious.

------------------
other girls were never quite like this....
Drumhead15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2002, 10:35 PM   #4
JCB410
Mr. Moonlight

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Tahoma, Arial, Sans-Serif">Quote:</font><HR>Originally Posted By LennonReincarnate:
Kinda long, huh?? I'll work on that.
+ So, here's the preview to my story "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds" Yes, I know, "Jun" is annoying, and It was NOT Ringo's hole in the floor room in Help! It was John's. I just didn't feel like changing it. (Too lazy)
So, more is on Fanfiction.net. And, if ya'll like it, I might post more here. Leave your reviews and I'll see what you like! I love you all!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Interesting & cute LennonReincar
nate! Here are some questions that came to my
mind: Could the baby in some way be you?
Could the guys have called John "Jun" way
back when due to them being very young and
british? Could there be a similarity between the boys and "babys" more than meets the
eye from all those years ago?.. (hey, ya
never know I suppose--

"keep it going and keep it cute I hope"!-

------------------
//*//--"you may say I'm
a dreamer, but
I'm not the only
one"--
JCB410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2002, 05:04 PM   #5
LennonReincarnate
Rocky Raccoon

Actually, JC, the babe's not modeled after me. I have blonde hair, kaleidoscope eyes (which she has later in the story) as my mom says, and I'm 15.

Lucy is modeled more after a friend of mine. Who doesn't know I modeled Lucy after her. (Don't tell, k?)
It's true that they called John "Jun" at first, watch AHDN enough times like me, and you'll hear them say it too!

Thanks for the good word, JC! You really made my day!

------------------
Old Apr 11, 2002, 10:01 PM   #6
JCB410
Mr. Moonlight

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Tahoma, Arial, Sans-Serif">Quote:</font><HR>Originally Posted By LennonReincarnate:

Thanks for the good word, JC! You really made my day!

[/b]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> No problem LennonR.-- thanks
for the appreciation on my end to! And after all, love is all you need here(!)--

--JC

------------------
//*//--"you may say I'm
a dreamer, but
I'm not the only
one"--
JCB410 is offline   Reply With Quote