BeatleLinks LogoNav Panel New Sites Cool Sites Top Rated Fab Forum Add A Site Link To Us Revolution Radio New Products

Go Back   BeatleLinks Fab Forum > Solo Forums > Menlove Avenue

Old Aug 22, 2006, 07:49 AM   #261
Asha
Sun King

Quote:
Originally Posted by VersusBatman
It could have been worse. Oliver Stone could have directed it.
Yipes! You have a point there!
Asha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2006, 07:55 PM   #262
wildewoman
Taxman

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonaMe577
For BB --

And mercifully, I don't think John will be appearing as a speaking character in this. His name's not listed on the imdb.com Chapter 27 page (although interestingly, there are actors playing both Fred Seaman and Gilda Radner. )
Hate to tell y'all, but...I just checked out the Chapter 27 page and yeah, someone has been cast as John...some guy named Daniel London. I checked out his bio on imbd.com and there's no photos of the actor, so I can't post a picture.

This actor evidentally played a recurring role in "the Sopranos" last season--at least in two episodes--so now I'm wracking my brain trying to remember all the guests during the last Sopranos season and I can't think of anyone who had even a passing resemblance to John Lennon.
wildewoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2006, 08:42 PM   #263
bearkat77
Administrator

Here's a couple of pics of Daniel London. The first one I think is from the film Patch Adams.

bearkat77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 2006, 06:12 AM   #264
wildewoman
Taxman

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearkat77
Here's a couple of pics of Daniel London. The first one I think is from the film Patch Adams.

Hmm. Well, the eyebrows are similar and he *almost* has the nose going on, although it's not thin or hookish enough. The hair is about the right color. Mouth is way too generous.

I don't remember this guy at all on the Sopranos.

Thanks for finding photos of this guy!
Old Aug 29, 2006, 07:57 AM   #265
MonaMe577
Bulldog

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearkat77

Hmm...well, I see it more in the first picture than the other one. They'll probably never find anyone who looks exactly like John, but this guy's close enough, I guess.

"They're just a passing phase, symptoms of the uncertainty of the times and the confusion about us. I hope, when they get older, they'll get a haircut." -- Billy Graham, on the Beatles
MonaMe577 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 2006, 08:51 AM   #266
Miss Wendy Winters
Wild Honey Pie

I don't see the point in seeing this movie when all it's going to do is get me angry and upset. And what else do I need to know about this guy?? He's a crazy sicko and he took John away from us. I don't want to delve into his psyche or learn about his past. I don't care, he's not worth it.
Besides, there's no way I'd be able to sit through this movie anyways. I'd feel so.....dirty!
Old Aug 29, 2006, 09:03 AM   #267
beatlebangs1964

Send a message via AIM to beatlebangs1964

This dude don't look like no John Lennon!

Wendy, let's miss this movie together.

If I seem to act unkind, it's only me, it's not my mind. -- George Harrison, 1966

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/c...rtc/signatures

http://www.reddit.com/r/troubledteen...aten_at_green/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7g0oiJ52Gw
beatlebangs1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 2006, 10:36 AM   #268
BeatleGuy
Apple Scruff

Boycott this movie ! It's only giving the sicko killer of John the attention he seeks. I'd rather watch John's tv interviews or the Imagine documentary.
BeatleGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 2006, 11:50 AM   #269
Miss Wendy Winters
Wild Honey Pie

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatlebangs1964
This dude don't look like no John Lennon!

Wendy, let's miss this movie together.
Definitely! I'll be standing out infront of the movie theatre with my megaphone in hand, telling people to not go see it!! Look for me on the local news!!
Old Aug 29, 2006, 12:24 PM   #270
VersusBatman
Sun King

His mouth is too pretty.

It looks like they just put a whole lotta movies in a blender and turned it on really fast. - Myster Science Theater 3000

"They're dead grotty!" - George Harrison

Comic Book Guy: But, Aquaman, you cannot marry a woman without gills. You're from two different worlds... Oh, I've wasted my life. - The Simpsons
VersusBatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 2006, 07:04 PM   #271
wildewoman
Taxman

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatleGuy
Boycott this movie ! It's only giving the sicko killer of John the attention he seeks. I'd rather watch John's tv interviews or the Imagine documentary.

The fact that Lindsey Lohan stars in it makes it a "must miss" without even considering the subject matter. That it's about the pathetic life of a worthless slug makes it beyond gruesome.

Jared Leto got gout because he had to gain so much weight to play that Thing. Talk about Instant Karma.
Old Aug 29, 2006, 08:17 PM   #272
beatlebangs1964

I wouldn't be too hard on Jared Leto - he is not Crapman; he's just playing the part of that sorry ass wastrel loser. Lindsay Lohan probably saw this as a plum role to boost her career since it is about John Lennon and that is sure to draw some crowds. Sad about Leto - I hope he recovers.

As for me, I would not give this movie public attention with a megaphone and a soapbox. Let's just skip it quietly; suggest to others in 3D to miss it as well and let's not give Crapman the time of day. That sorryass loser ain't worth it.

If I seem to act unkind, it's only me, it's not my mind. -- George Harrison, 1966

Old Sep 12, 2006, 08:02 PM   #273
wildewoman
Taxman

Yeah, what I said about Leto was unkind. And after all, Gary Oldman played Lee Harvey Oswald in a movie.
Old Sep 13, 2006, 04:15 PM   #274
mccartneymaniac
Dr. Robert

Question movie

not one i would want to see ever and why they are doing it is only to make money and dwell on someone who should not get any more press or notice than he has.
Old Sep 21, 2006, 09:28 AM   #275
beatlebangs1964

Ain't no issue - simple solution. Just skip the darn movie. Problem solved!

Old Apr 12, 2008, 03:26 PM   #276
ringo_rama
Old Brown Shoe

Just read a review of it in Entertainment Weekly; it must have just come out. Anyone here seen it?

Please visualize this whenever you read my posts:
Yay!!!!!!
-R_R: eradicating stupidity, one post at a time
ringo_rama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2008, 06:03 AM   #277
lennonluvr9
Sun King

Send a message via MSN to lennonluvr9

I read a small paragraph about it in People. I have no intention of ever seeing it. People gave it one star and said it basically just restablishes what we already know.

"Logic?? My God, the man's talking about logic. We're talking about universal Armageddon!" Dr. McCoy, Wrath of Khan
lennonluvr9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2008, 11:52 AM   #278
zonymous007
Little Child

Send a message via MSN to zonymous007

Sorry to disagree with many of you, but I do agree with what JDanRyan said on the first page. Lennon's murder was obviously shocking and terrible, as we're all aware, but it doesn't automatically make you-know-his-name some evil monster, because that's too simple a way of looking at things. He was a very deranged, sick person, no-one is justifying what he did, but one should look at these things reasonably, no matter what the circumstance.

Certainly no film should make the viewer feel too much sympathy for him, but I think it is worthwhile to look into the man as a person. It's been over 25 years since it happened, and as long as it's done tastefully, there isn't anything wrong with telling the story as far as I see. Plenty of films have been made about subjects like this, often on even more recent events. If the idea shocks you, I wouldn't see the film.

As for the film itself, haven't seen it, doubt I will, so I can't judge that myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatlebangs1964 View Post
The Jerk of Jerks also tried to live The Catcher in the Rye by enacting out some of the scenes by the weird protagonist Holden Caulfield. (Holden! Now there's a ghastly name)! MDC even paid for a prostitute at a NYC hotel and wanted to talk to her instead of paying for her services, as his weird literary hero did in The Catcher in the Rye. He tended to overidentify with others, in this case John Lennon and that weirdo Holden Caulfield.
Hey, I don't think it's right to condemn the novel because its message was abused by you-know-who. It's really one of the greatest novels ever written, and a shame he had to take its message so incorrectly.
Old Apr 15, 2008, 09:58 AM   #279
feelfab
Dr. Robert

I haven't seen the movie, so I can't offer a review. I don't object to the story being told unless it's just a cash-in idea. If we truly examine the thinking of killers, maybe we can prevent some future problems.
Along these lines, give the movie "M" with Peter Lorre a look. It's a great movie, maybe a little simplistic by today's standards, but it offers a look into the sickness of a psychopath.
feelfab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2008, 03:10 PM   #280
VersusBatman
Sun King

There are movies about Charles Manson, Ted Bundy, and Ed Gein.

It looks like they just put a whole lotta movies in a blender and turned it on really fast. - Myster Science Theater 3000

"They're dead grotty!" - George Harrison

Comic Book Guy: But, Aquaman, you cannot marry a woman without gills. You're from two different worlds... Oh, I've wasted my life. - The Simpsons

Last edited by VersusBatman : Apr 15, 2008 at 03:21 PM.
VersusBatman is offline   Reply With Quote