BeatleLinks LogoNav Panel New Sites Cool Sites Top Rated Fab Forum Add A Site Link To Us Revolution Radio New Products

Go Back   BeatleLinks Fab Forum > Solo Forums > Crackerbox Palace

Old Jan 11, 2012, 09:56 AM   #1
Peregrine9
Sgt. Pepper

Default Olivia Harrison to participate in Critics' Choice Martin Scorsese tribute

HitFix
January 11, 2012
Bob Dylan, Leonardo DiCaprio and Olivia Harrison to participate in Critics' Choice Martin Scorsese tribute

Tomorrow's 17th annual Critics' Choice Movie Awards ceremony just went electric.The Broadcast Film Critics Association has announced that singer/songwriter Bob Dylan, along with Leonardo DiCaprio and Olivia Harrison (widow of Beatle George Harrison), will participate in Martin Scorsese's Music+Film Award tribute. DiCaprio and Harrison will present the award, while Dylan (who was featured briefly in Scorsese's "The Last Waltz" in 1978 and in depth in the 2005 documentary "No Direction Home")will toast the director with a performance.

http://www.hitfix.com/blogs/in-conte...orsese-tribute

Last edited by Peregrine9 : Jan 11, 2012 at 09:57 AM.
Peregrine9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2012, 02:57 PM   #2
beatlebangs1964

Send a message via AIM to beatlebangs1964

Leonardo DiCaprio is an EXTRAORDINARY actor and I've seen him in many films. He co-starred with a beautiful Ford Falcon in What's Been Eating Gilbert Grape, which is a singularly excellent movie. I loved him in Shutter Island, This Boy's Life, Titanic and Revolution Road to name just a few. I am glad he will be included in the honors.

If I seem to act unkind, it's only me, it's not my mind. -- George Harrison, 1966

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/c...rtc/signatures

http://www.reddit.com/r/troubledteen...aten_at_green/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7g0oiJ52Gw
beatlebangs1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2012, 03:50 PM   #3
peanut333
Wild Honey Pie

Olivia and Martin looked like they formed a close friendship during the premiere of The Material World. I'm glad Martin finally won an Oscar a few years ago, he waited a long time. he seems like a nice guy too. I have only seen Leo in Titanic, he also came from humble beginnings, the slums of LA. I recall his days on Growin Pains too. He has carved a nice career for himself. Does anyone know when Material World will be shown on PBS? I heard that it might be a few months ago. I saw a little bit on YouTube back in November. It was OK, But the religious stuff was a little boring at times. I liked seeing the rare clips never seen before. For example, the footage of Paul sitting in the back of a car smelling a flower after the Beatles judged a beaty contest, that was cute.
peanut333 is offline   Reply With Quote