BeatleLinks LogoNav Panel New Sites Cool Sites Top Rated Fab Forum Add A Site Link To Us Revolution Radio New Products

Go Back   BeatleLinks Fab Forum > Solo Forums > Crackerbox Palace

Old Dec 22, 2011, 08:03 AM   #21
misfittoy
Dr. Robert

waiting for the beatles is worth a read but expensive to obtain. Lots of George in it though some facts are questinable. the beatles loved the scruffs and looked forward to their presents and newsletter. The scruffs physically protected them to when the press descended after teh breakup was annouced. (George was physically injured adn the girls surrounded him to save him).
I just hated how when they broke into Paul's house and stile his stuff, CArole threw out any Linda photo that didn't have the Beatles in it. all those photos of the stones and hendrix lost due to an obsessive fan. (paul's sexist statement on how girls can't climb ladders also upset me and carole was right when she adked, "This is the man who helped save our generation?)
misfittoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2011, 09:22 AM   #22
peanut333
Wild Honey Pie

Wink

Was Paul's door locked, I recall Patti stating in her autobio, they didn't always lock their doors back then. My late mom use to say that about America decades ago. Then again, the girls could have picked the locks too. That was so disrespectful. That was nice they protected their idols from harm. How was George injured? No disrespect to the 60's generation,but I feel no celebrity can save you, but they can influence you. They are only human too. In regards to Paul's statement, he's a product of his generation, men said dumb stuff like that.

Last edited by peanut333 : Dec 22, 2011 at 09:24 AM.
peanut333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2011, 04:09 PM   #23
beatlebangs1964

Send a message via AIM to beatlebangs1964

Carol Bedford's book is "Waiting For the Beatles" and she and her book are mentioned in Pat Kinzer Mancuso's book, "Do You Want to Know a Secret? The True Story of the Official George Harrison Fan Club."

Bedford alleges in her book that "the president of the George Harrison Fan Club" was leading people on walking tours to where Louise French was buried. Pat Kinzer Mancuso, the president of said club said she never led any tours and never told anybody where Louise and later Harold Sr. rest. She said Bedford's book really hurt the former club's reputation.

Good point, peanut, no celebrity CAN save you, but they can influence you. Look at that crackpot Francie Schwartz. I think she is a very disturbed woman. I also think Paul regrets the day he ever met her and truly rues ever getting involved with her. They broke up under very ugly terms and Ms Schwartz wrote a sleazy book; acts a fool on the music boards; is a general troll and has tabled her life after 1968. Her big "credential" is that she had an affair with a Beatle and has notches on her garter belt. The years have not been kind to her either.

Ms Schwartz also hounded and harassed a former moderator. She was quite infamous for trollery and for generally acting a fool and upsetting people.

Never attractive (at least I never thought she was), her hair has always looked like ass and she was very unappealing in a recent interview. She dropped salicious tabloidesque statements that could be considered slanderous. I really do think she is a very tragic figure.

If I seem to act unkind, it's only me, it's not my mind. -- George Harrison, 1966

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/c...rtc/signatures

http://www.reddit.com/r/troubledteen...aten_at_green/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7g0oiJ52Gw

Last edited by beatlebangs1964 : Dec 22, 2011 at 04:28 PM.
beatlebangs1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2011, 07:23 PM   #24
peanut333
Wild Honey Pie

Hey Beatlebangs,

Don't let Francie get under your skin like that, she's not worth it. Do you think Heather leaked Paul's phone conversations to the press. I think Yoko is happy decades later someone else has taken her place as most hated Beatle wife. I don't hate Heather, I do disagree with her heartless actions towards a decent husband.
Old Dec 23, 2011, 04:04 PM   #25
beatlebangs1964

You are right that Francie isn't worth it. She is just a tragic figure who has never really created a life post-1968 other than to harry and hound and harass people online. We know she acts a fool; we know she's many hounds short of a pack and I don't bother with her. She has not comported herself in a way that seeks respect, so she is not a person I can respect.

I am sorry that any of the wives have been hated as they have done nothing to deserve it. I don't hate any of them and I wish Heather well and have never once said anything against her. I don't know her and I hope she has been able to move beyond the more difficult aspects of her life towards something good.

I don't know if Heather leaked the conversations or not and I am not going to speculate. I'm sure whatever happened, which we don't know will get sorted out by the interested parties in time.

If I seem to act unkind, it's only me, it's not my mind. -- George Harrison, 1966

Old Dec 23, 2011, 05:56 PM   #26
constance
Nowhere Man

Just caught the tail end of "Secrets of the Beatles" showing on BBCA tonight...Francie S. was on it and the years indeed have not been particularly kind to her...and even at this age, she came off as sleazy when she recounted a tale of apparently screwing Paul in a chair...classy.

Another hour-special is coming up now, called "The Beatles-From Liverpool to San Francisco"...am taping that one to watch later.
constance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24, 2011, 02:32 AM   #27
CWW
Wild Honey Pie

Quote:
Originally Posted by edubeltran View Post
johnnymain, I know which photo you mean and n fact i read somewhere it was taken just one year and a few months before george died , and only 7 months after the friar park attack. It's ringo's birthday party and it's supposed to be the last photo of the Threetles ( the Beatles minus John) together. It is credited to have been taken by rod weston, Pattie boyd's long term partner ( they split up after George's death). I remember an interview where Rod said george had always been so kind towards him, and something about Eric Clapton not being so nice as George
Yup by Paul and Georges haircuts im pretty sure its July 2000 :)

"take me to the river, drop me in the water..."
- David Byrne
CWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24, 2011, 05:34 AM   #28
peanut333
Wild Honey Pie

In Wonderful Tonight, I read that same passage regarding Eric's attitude toward Rod. Some ex spouses are like that. Maybe George was happy Patti found someone to make her happy at that time, since they stayed close friends. I recall she stated Eric acted very coldy towards her at some party at the Harrisons in which Eric attended with his current wife and according to Patti barely spoke to her. Maybe he was in a grumpy mood that day.

In regards to Olivia, In Chris O' Dell's autobio, she stated that prior to meeting Olivia in person George requested she go to the main office and take a picture of Olivia to "see if she is as beautiful as she sounds on the phone. Since Olivia and George engaged in hours long phone conversations, there was a connection before they offically met.

Last edited by peanut333 : Dec 24, 2011 at 05:45 AM.
Old Dec 24, 2011, 05:59 AM   #29
misfittoy
Dr. Robert

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanut333 View Post
Was Paul's door locked, I recall Patti stating in her autobio, they didn't always lock their doors back then. My late mom use to say that about America decades ago. Then again, the girls could have picked the locks too. That was so disrespectful. That was nice they protected their idols from harm. How was George injured? No disrespect to the 60's generation,but I feel no celebrity can save you, but they can influence you. They are only human too. In regards to Paul's statement, he's a product of his generation, men said dumb stuff like that.
Paul locked his doors and his gate. The girls climbed the gate and got in because he left a second floor bathroom window open and a ladder. It was dangerous, and the almost fell off but one of the girls climbed the ladder and came back down to let the others in. HIs bedroom was also locked and they never got there. They took his dirty clothes out of the hamper.

Paul being stupid in his chauvenism, didn't even speculate that's how they got in. He said, "Girls can't climb ladders." Carole showed him how wrong he was and lamented, "This is teh man that saved our generation?"
Paul later wrote a song from the incident. She Came in Through the Bathroom Window.
Old Dec 24, 2011, 06:01 AM   #30
misfittoy
Dr. Robert

George was injured by the press. They crowded the front of Apple when the breakup was announced. ACcordign to Carole's book, he came out, was surrounded by them, he said, "No comment" to their questions and they got hostile. One punched him in the stomach and he was down.
Carole then jumped into the fray kicking and pushing the men away along with the other scruffs until George got to his car. He yelled at them to protect RIngo.
Ringo came out surrounded by them and said he felt like he was in the womb.
John watched from teh window but said he'd wait it out.
Old Dec 24, 2011, 06:06 AM   #31
misfittoy
Dr. Robert

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatlebangs1964 View Post
Carol Bedford's book is "Waiting For the Beatles" and she and her book are mentioned in Pat Kinzer Mancuso's book, "Do You Want to Know a Secret? The True Story of the Official George Harrison Fan Club."

Bedford alleges in her book that "the president of the George Harrison Fan Club" was leading people on walking tours to where Louise French was buried. Pat Kinzer Mancuso, the president of said club said she never led any tours and never told anybody where Louise and later Harold Sr. rest. She said Bedford's book really hurt the former club's reputation.

Good point, peanut, no celebrity CAN save you, but they can influence you. Look at that crackpot Francie Schwartz. I think she is a very disturbed woman. I also think Paul regrets the day he ever met her and truly rues ever getting involved with her. They broke up under very ugly terms and Ms Schwartz wrote a sleazy book; acts a fool on the music boards; is a general troll and has tabled her life after 1968. Her big "credential" is that she had an affair with a Beatle and has notches on her garter belt. The years have not been kind to her either.

Ms Schwartz also hounded and harassed a former moderator. She was quite infamous for trollery and for generally acting a fool and upsetting people.

Never attractive (at least I never thought she was), her hair has always looked like ass and she was very unappealing in a recent interview. She dropped salicious tabloidesque statements that could be considered slanderous. I really do think she is a very tragic figure.
I read that message board she was trolling years back. What I didn't like was her word-choices and tone was the same that the PIDers use when they write about me and the same that my stalker uses when she sends me her forged e-mails (or to people I know). that showed me a disturbed person. She has been diagnosed with Borderline PErsonality DIsorder. I know about it a little bit as I know someone with it. (We've been talking about Francie in my writer's group asking if she's a credible source for sexual information)
Makes me think those trolls after me got the same disorder...

I do wonder if Heather and Francie are cut from the same cloth and notice that Paul does seem to attract that type of women to him at times.

and I heard on the news that Mark guy from The Daily Mirror is being called to court for phone hacking too. Maybe heather was innocent all along...(I just hope Beatrice slaps Mark for saying he's sorry her parents got together. If they hadn't got together, they wouldn't have made her)
Old Dec 24, 2011, 07:22 AM   #32
peanut333
Wild Honey Pie

LOL, thank goodness John was not standing by George when he got punched. Something tells me the reporter that hit him would have had the crap beat out of him for hitting his "little brother". I'm also glad George's sis or mom didn not witness that either, it could have gotten real ugly. I bet that made Ringo's day to be surrounded by pretty girls for protection. The girls were loyal but a bit twisted to invade Paul's home like that, you don't do that to people you care about. I'm surprised Paul and Linda were not crushed by the press on their wedding day. LOL.

Last edited by peanut333 : Dec 24, 2011 at 07:23 AM.
Old Dec 24, 2011, 09:45 AM   #33
beatlebangs1964

Quote:
Originally Posted by constance View Post
Just caught the tail end of "Secrets of the Beatles" showing on BBCA tonight...Francie S. was on it and the years indeed have not been particularly kind to her...and even at this age, she came off as sleazy when she recounted a tale of apparently screwing Paul in a chair...classy.

Another hour-special is coming up now, called "The Beatles-From Liverpool to San Francisco"...am taping that one to watch later.
I saw both of those specials on television and recorded them. All Francie's segment did was reinforce what I've always thought about her. The years have taken a toll on her and, while never overly attractive to begin with, Francie still comes over as very sleazy. I don't care if they did in the road in front of a Honda. What part of "don't kiss and tell" doesn't she get? For Pete's Sake!

Let's HOPE she grew up (I doubt that'll ever take place) and made a real life for herself instead of counting the notches on her garter belt and claiming a title as an aging groupie. She really is a very tragic figure.

As for Paul attracting crackpots, I think the inverse applies here. I think it was the crackpots who were attracted to Paul, which I well understand. I can readily see how anybody, regardless of their level of mental health (or in Francie's case, absence thereof), would find Paul attractive. I always thought Paul and George were the two fine Beatles and I think Paul McCartney wrote and continues to write the world's most beautiful love songs. The brain is the part of the body I find most attractive and Paul is an extraordinarily gifted man. Having a crackpot or crackpots being attracted to you is not a reflection on you - crackpots are out there. The Beatles have run into plenty over time.

Last edited by beatlebangs1964 : Dec 25, 2011 at 07:19 PM. Reason: corrected a spelling
Old Dec 24, 2011, 10:23 AM   #34
Hari's Chick

Quote:
Originally Posted by misfittoy View Post
She has been diagnosed with Borderline PErsonality DIsorder. I know about it a little bit as I know someone with it.
I don't know a thing about Francie so I can't contribute to that. BUT...

I just wanted to say that I am a big mental health advocate, if that's what you call it. I don't believe in labels which keep people *down*... be it BPD, or bipolar, or depression, or or or...

A lot of times the BPD label is tossed in like a bad label. I hate to read that. People with BPD or bipolar or depression- any label- can suffer a lot. Also, recent brain imaging has showed that all these conditions are organic. It's fascinating to read. I highly recommend Dr Daniel Amen's books on these types of issues.
Old Dec 25, 2011, 01:50 PM   #35
misfittoy
Dr. Robert

I don't mind hearing sexual stories about the Beatles from the girls that were with them. (Why don't we Do it in the road now makes sense) but Francie was the only one I heard who was miserable and vendictive about it. All the others were, "I had a good time when I was younger. You'll never believe Paul once found me attractive. Let me tell you what he was like. he was a wonderful boy."
Old Dec 25, 2011, 05:37 PM   #36
peanut333
Wild Honey Pie

Smile

It's a matter of a person's taste, I don't care to know explicit stuff about the Beatles or any other artists' romantic life, whether it was a good or bad experience. What goes on in the bedroom should stay there. I'm kinda old fashioned about stuff like that. Now romantic PG-13 stuff I don't mind reading about. For example one of George's girlfriends from Liverpool Iris Caldwell I think stated that she she still had fond memories of the "hot" kiss George gave her over 50 years ago. That's kinda cute. The guys must have had some smoking chemistry since both Cyn and Patti dumped their former beaus for their first husbands.

Last edited by peanut333 : Dec 25, 2011 at 05:43 PM.
Old Dec 25, 2011, 07:22 PM   #37
beatlebangs1964

I believe that what takes place in the bedroom between consenting parties belongs in the bedroom and not for public consumption.

I'm perfectly okay with the "hot kiss" from the late 1950s and people the boys dated. What my moan was about were people like Francie who was not only vindictive, but who made herself into a sleazy footnote and tragic figure. Rest assured, Paul is not going to want to revisit anything to do with Ms Schwartz under ANY conditions.

Old Dec 25, 2011, 07:25 PM   #38
beatlebangs1964

peanut, we've had some racy fun at Links. We're not a group of prudes. We had Sadie/Sally who was our head hornbag; we have Cloud who has bawdy dreams about George and GGirl, who enjoys talking about George's sex appeal as much as anyone who finds the man sexually attractive.

We've had many chick threads (much to the dismay of some of our male members), but they were all in good, clean fun. We've had fun letting our moptops down and talking about the Beatle and or Beatles we find attractive, like George Harrison with his beautiful wavy hair and his fine, slender body and his beautiful features. We'd never come on to anybody like some of the posts you might have run across might suggest. We're just having a little fun. There is nothing wrong with talking about the Fabs' sex appeal as long as it's done with no disrespect and the language stays clean.

This was one of our most popular threads. http://www.beatlelinks.net/forums/sh...ighlight=naked

It's one thing to joke about and talk about how fine George was (and boy, that Beatle was FINE! That thick wavy hair added to the man's sexual appeal). You can be as racy as you want. As long as the language stays clean and there is mutual respect among the parties, I'm good with that. No cats and roosters; no weird stuff involving pain; no cruelty and no nothing bizarre like that. Couch it in terms such as "loving intimacy," for example if you want to talk about loving intimacy. Romance is the key ingredient here. As long as respect is shown for the human body; any intimacy and/or intimate acts included.

Last edited by beatlebangs1964 : Dec 25, 2011 at 09:40 PM.
Old Dec 25, 2011, 08:57 PM   #39
peanut333
Wild Honey Pie

Thumbs up

Interesting and funny thread, Beatlebangs. I'm sure if George or John were alive and read this board, they would be thrilled the current generation still finds them sexy. I can imagine Paul and Ringo stating, "Damn we still got it man"!

Last edited by peanut333 : Dec 25, 2011 at 08:58 PM.
Old Dec 26, 2011, 07:00 PM   #40
peanut333
Wild Honey Pie

Smile interview with Olivia

http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/20...harrison-film/

Cool article.