This is great to read.
Stick his advise with you every day.
And, Tricky and Mozart lol, some combination.
Over the course of ten Hot Seat questions Dhani Harrison of thenewno2
manages to touch a range of topics from thermodynamics, to Magnolia cupcakes to playing guitar on stage with Eric Clapton. Only one word can describe that: epic.
1. Tell us about your craziest touring experience.
Dhani Harrison of Newno2:
I once played rhythm guitar for Eric Clapton in Italy. He informed me as I was going onstage that I was to take the solo after him in ‘Cocaine.’ Michael Schumacher was in the front row. It was well off-putting and rather bizarre.
2. What type of college class would you’d most want to take and why?
The one that I missed on, thermodynamics, because I would have a better degree now. Or something to do with mind control.
3. What city in America is the most fun to visit and why?
New York, I love it there, lots of taxi’s, great food, lots of pals who play music and Magnolia cupcakes.
4. What’s some of the best advice you were ever given?
“The only thing worth fearing is fear itself.” Failing that; “Don’t eat the yellow snow”
5. What’s in heavy rotation in your MP3/CD player right now?
Dhani: Knowle West Boy
- Tricky, Requiem
6. The last good book you read or TV show you’re addicted to.
The Places That Scare You by Pema Chödrön
7. What’s the first concert you ever saw - how was it?
ELO in Birmingham with the space ship and everything, it was bloody marvelous.
8. What are three items you can’t live without on tour?
My 3 mobile phones, my wizard hands and my antacids
9. Who are your major musical influences?
Jimi Hendrix, Massive Attack, Radiohead, Cream, Tricky, the Wu-Tang Clan, Ravi Shankar, the Beatles & Stones, Pink Floyd
10. Any random messages or tips you’d like to give to mtvU watchers?
I highly recommend taking up meditation and learning how to relax. When something makes you laugh no matter how twisted, write it down.