BeatleLinks LogoNav Panel New Sites Cool Sites Top Rated Fab Forum Add A Site Link To Us Revolution Radio New Products

Go Back   BeatleLinks Fab Forum > Solo Forums > Crackerbox Palace

Old Nov 19, 2002, 05:48 PM   #1
Hari's Chick

Default Dhani\'s Live Chat

This was great! When George was on chat, for "All Things Must Pass" reissue, I wasn't able to connect...that was the very day/reason I subscribed to these insideous things know as computers!! LOL Anyway, it was all the more a treat to be able to be in the chat with Dhani this afternoon!!!

Here's a little recap~

the Q: Dhani's musical influences?
Dhani said~ Little Richard, Jerry Lee Lewis, Chuck Berry, Buddy Holly

Q: Dhani's favorite track on Brainwashed?
Dhani said the title song itself... "It says what needs to be said and it's true to life. Not that people like that sort of stuff, but I do."

Q: Dhani's favorite Wilbury, aside from his Dad?
Dhani said Bob.

Q: Will there be a GH boxed set?
Dhani said~ YES!!! But he needs a holiday first!

Q: Are there other 'Brainwashed' tracks, more than what is on the CD?
Dhani said, yes..."Some completed somewhere and some that reported to exist, don't, and there are some that people haven't heard and they exist."

Q: George's spirituality...how did it affect Dhani's beliefs?
Dhani said, "I believe the same, fundamentally the same."

Q: Did George realize the effect he had/has on people?
Dhani: "In one way yes, but no..." "..we are still realizing this every day."

Q: Is it true George said never be famous?
Dhani said, "Well, yes. Yes. (laughs) Always and I don't wish to be."

Q: Did you feel pressured by expectations for Brainwashed? (something to that effect)
Dhani wasn't overly worried about the public's opinions, but "I wanted to make it right for him (his Dad)."

Q: Was George happy with the result of "Free as a Bird" & "Real Love"?
Dhani said yes, and commended Jeff on those.

Q: Will Dhani play guitar at the tribute concert, and will it be George's?
A: Yes~ Yes
In fact he is rehearsing tomorrow (Wednesday) morning.

Q: Will there be other remastered GH LP's?
Dhani said maybe they will just be rereleased...and hopefully soon.

Q: What is George's best recording?
(This is too cute)... "A Little Too Much"
Also "Blue Jay Way" & "Inner Light".

Q: Has music helped in the past year?
A: Yes, "Not just his (G's) music, all music."

Q: Will there be a GH video collection?
Dhani says hopefully, if they can sort it all out.

Dhani spoke of how his best friend, Oli Hecks, and he designed the cover. He was glad folks liked it.

He said there may be an outtake LP with "Every Grain of Sand", but again, holiday first! (Understandable!!!)

------------------
Buy it today!!!
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...949879-2060164

"I see inside your eyes, the Baba's Sai,
The reasons why I love you..."

"I know I'll never get over you"
Hari's Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2002, 05:52 PM   #2
Hari's Chick

Default Re: Dhani\'s Live Chat

Part Two

Q: Will there be videos?
Dhani says yes (!!!)..."Brainwashed" will be the first single (there you go, Maharishi!! ), then "Cloud".

Dhani talks of how Marwa Blues was put together. Basically it was not a composite, but was in essence, one track, with harmonies from others added.

Q: Will there be another Wilbury LP (from extra tracks)?
A: NO But like us all, he wished there was.

Q: What are his Dad's fave Python sketches?
A: Fish Slapping Dance, "When You're King of Bloody France", and Philosopher's Football

Q: What guitars were used?
Dhani used a Fender Telecaster
George~ his old psycadellic Strat, acoustics, and Zematis

Q: Dhani's fave music?
A: Foo Fighters, (Old) Prodigy, RH Chili Peppers, Nirvana, Beck, lot of Old English underground, dance music, Massive Attack like Tricky (?), Aphex Twin.....and then older stuff like Jimmy Hendrix, Beatles, James Browne, Nina Simone, Kinks, Velvet Underground

Finally, the last question was how Dhani liked Browne...he joked but said they were good times and it was "a lovely place".

He ended with this~
"Take it easy out there, everyone, try to be happy and all get along. I've got to go to bed now because I've got to go and rehearse in the morning. So, night, night and God Bless."

What a sweetie. That should tide everyone over until the transcripts are posted.

------------------
Buy it today!!!

Old Nov 19, 2002, 05:57 PM   #3
Hari's Chick

Oh, after Dhani, Tom Petty was in the chat room..he said that they will be doing "Taxman", "Isn't It a Pity", and "I Need You" at the tribute concert.

He was also nice to "hear" in the chat...but I really have to say, Dhani seemed much, much more interesting. Sorry, Tom.

------------------
Buy it today!!!

Old Nov 19, 2002, 06:00 PM   #4
beatlegirl9977
Sgt. Pepper

Thanks for posting that! I popped into the chat for about the last 10-15 minutes, so I missed the beginning of it.

I can't get over how very impressed I am with Dhani--he seems very level-headed and very kind! I don't think he has much to fear--I think his dad must be happy with how the CD has turned out.

------------------
Beatlegirl's World -- Home of fan fics "The Beatles: Live at 12 Cold Creek Street" and "Days in the Life"
beatlegirl9977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2002, 06:17 PM   #5
Hari's Chick

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Tahoma, Arial, Sans-Serif">Quote:</font><HR>Originally Posted By Hari's Chick:
Q: What is George's best recording?
(This is too cute)... "A Little Too Much"
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Must be a little depreciation since the 60's

------------------
Buy it today!!! http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...949879-2060164

[This Message Has Been Edited By Hari's Chick On November 19, 2002 07:18 PM]
Old Nov 19, 2002, 07:31 PM   #6
EasternBird
Old Brown Shoe

Send a message via MSN to EasternBird

Thanks for the summary, Hari's Chick! Someone posted the full transcript in another group that I belong to, so I'll repost it here. I missed the chat, but it's full of interesting stuff! It sounds like Dhani has several more projects planned for the future. I don't know much about Monty Python, but now I'm determined to find out what the "fish slapping dance" is.

DishDiva says: Dhani, thanks for joining us this afternoon from London!

Dhani_Harrison_Live says: Hello to everyone out there!

DishDiva says: Let's get started!

Rickenbackergurl7 in Onstage1 asks: What type of had the greatest influence on you growing up and now as a musician?

Dhani_Harrison_Live says: That's a tough question. I'd say probably when I grew up it was Little Richard, Jerry Lee Lewis, Chuck Berry, and a bit of Buddy Holly thrown in there, just to start off. That's just to get started.

TallNVBlonde in Onstage1 asks: Thank you so much for the gift of "Brainwashed," Dhani, it's fantastic. Do you have a favorite track?

Dhani_Harrison_Live says: Probably "Brainwashed" itself because it says what needs to be said and it's true to life.

Dhani_Harrison_Live says: Not that people like that sort of stuff, but I do.

littlennc in Onstage1 asks: Besides your dad, who is your favorite Wilbury?

DishDiva says: As you know, Tom Petty will be joining us later this afternoon.

Dhani_Harrison_Live says: No disrespect to any of the other Wilburys, not to Jeff or Roy or any of the Sideburys, but definitely Bob. Definitely Bob without a doubt and I think everyone would understand why I say that.

gh_extratexture_1975 in Onstage1 asks: Will the proposed George Harrison Anthology boxed set come out?

Dhani_Harrison_Live says: Yes it will but not for a while. I need a holiday first.

Lucas8290 in Onstage1 asks: Hi Dhani! Back in 2001 it was said that George had been working on more than 25 tracks. What happened to the rest of the tracks that weren't included in "Brainwashed"?

Dhani_Harrison_Live says: Someone completed somewhere and some that reported to exist, don't, and there are some that people haven't heard and they exist.

Stuck_inside_a_cloud in Onstage1 asks: Dhani, how does your dad's spirituality affect your beliefs?

Dhani_Harrison_Live says: I believe that same, fundamentally the same.

JaiGuruDeva80 in Onstage1 asks: Great job on the album - it's priceless! Do you think your father realized the impact he had on so many lives (outside of being a Beatle)?

Dhani_Harrison_Live says: In one way yes, but no, I don't think he could have ever realized how much of an effect he had. We're still realizing this every day.

swarlock64 in Onstage1 asks: Will you be participating to The Albert Hall Concert for your father, Dhani?

Dhani_Harrison_Live says: Yes. I will.

Dhani_Harrison_Live says: That's why I have to get to bed soon, to reherse tomorrow morning.

Ignacio98571 in Onstage1 asks: Hello Dhani! Like All things must pass, the other George albums will be remastered?, and when? thank you!!!

Dhani_Harrison_Live says: Maybe just re-released, and soon hopefully.

manutdrock4eva in Onstage1 asks: What do you think is your father's best ever recording?

Dhani_Harrison_Live says: I couldn't give a particular example but some of my favorites are like "A Little Too Much" from the "Yellow Submarine" soundtrack. I think "Blu Jay Way" and "The Inner Light." I can't choose between them.

Lucas8290 in Onstage1 asks: Is it true that your father told you to "never be famous"?

Dhani_Harrison_Live says: Well, yes. Yes. (laughs) Always and I don't wish to be.

Acacia12232 in Onstage4 asks: did you ever feel pressure to live up to the high expectations from fans for your father's last record?

Dhani_Harrison_Live says: Yeah. Well, more the pressure of, you know, living up to my own expectations as to how I would present his last record. I'm more worried about what my dad would have thought rather than what the public thinks. I wanted to make it right for him. So those

Dhani_Harrison_Live says: expectations of ruining a George Harrison record. But he's dead so I don't think the public expected a record from him, so it's sort of a gift.

DeadDogsEye in Onstage4 asks: Was your father happy with the way "Free As A Bird" and "Real Love" turned out?

Dhani_Harrison_Live says: Yeah I think he was, he definitely was. Considering what they were working with, in terms of the materail they had left to work with after John left, which was really scratchy, the way it turned out was great. Jeff Lynn did a great job on that.

lizlondon9 in Onstage3 asks: Will you play guitar at the tribute concert, and if so, will it be one of George's?

Dhani_Harrison_Live says: Yes and yes.

Maryann1408 in Onstage1 asks: It's been a tough year for you, and look at the wonderful thing you have done. Has the music helped you and your mom cope through all of the "bad" stuff ?

Dhani_Harrison_Live says: Definitely. Definitley, without music, I'd go nuts. Not just his music, all music. Not just me, but all my friends too. I think we would have lost the plot long ago without music.

mihowek in Onstage3 asks: Will there be a video collection ever of your dad's wonderful music?

Dhani_Harrison_Live says: Hopefully, if we can sort it all out, it will take a while. As I said before, having a holiday first before I attempt any DVD remastering.

clargigi in Onstage3 asks: Hello Dhani~Can you tell us a little about the album cover and who designed it?

Dhani_Harrison_Live says: My best friend who I work with and myself we designed the album cover based on ideas that my father had talked about. His name is Oli Hecks, we designed it together.

BlackLady100 in Onstage3 asks: Will there maybe be more new recordings/songs by your dad coming out? He once told he recorded Every Grain Of Sand (Dylan) and about a possibly release of an outtake album?

Dhani_Harrison_Live says: Eventually, once I get a holiday

gh_extratexture_1975 in Onstage4 asks: Will there be any videos for Brainwashed songs?

Dhani_Harrison_Live says: Yes. There will be. Hopefully we'll release "Brainwashed" as a single, possibly "Stuck Inside a Cloud," hopefully it will be coming out soon.

LittleLabi in Onstage4 asks: How many different guitar tracks did you have to splice together for Marwa Blues?

Dhani_Harrison_Live says: There were 4 takes and of that 2 weren't usable. So it was a sort of, the real essence of the song lay in one track and there were accompany harmonies from two other tracks. It wasn't a composite, it was a take.

German_Harret in Onstage4 asks: I THINK THE PACKAGING OF DE LIMITED EDITION IS GREAT TO. DID YOU DESIGNED IT TOO? AND DOES THE DVD COMES JUST WITH THE EPK OR IT HAS SOME EXTRA VIDEOS?

Dhani_Harrison_Live says: No, the DVD is purely the EPK. There isn't extra footage on it, sorry, but thanks for digging the artwork.

TallNVBlonde in Onstage1 asks: Dhani, I've heard rumor of another Wilbury album. Any comments? Thanks, love and best wishes!

Dhani_Harrison_Live says: No, sorry, wish there was.

maccarocks in Onstage3 asks: I know your dad was a big Monty Python fan. Were there any sketches he'd quote around the house?

Dhani_Harrison_Live says: He always liked the fish slapping dance and, "When You're King of Bloody France." That one.

Dhani_Harrison_Live says: And Philosopher's football.

jeffhoo61 in Onstage3 asks: I'm curious, what guitars did you and your father use on the recording of the CD? Thanks.

Dhani_Harrison_Live says: High strung minature acoustics, there were some custom ones. I played a Fender Telecaster, dad played his old psychedelic Strat, and lots of big acoustics, and Zematis.

ChristianIsraelite in Onstage3 asks: Dhani, what sort of music do YOU listen to and enjoy these days?

Dhani_Harrison_Live says: New stuff: I love (where do I start?) I love the Foo Fighters, Prodigy (I'm more a fan of their old stuff), Red Hot Chili Peppers, Nirvana, Beck (I love Beck, he's really doing something different), I'm also a fan of a lot of sort of English underground

Dhani_Harrison_Live says: dance music, stuff that came out of Massive Attack like Tricky, and stuff that he's done lately, some dark stuff, like Aphex Twin. That's about it for now.

DishDiva says: Dhani, the last question for the evening. . .

Dhani_Harrison_Live says: Old stuff: Jimmy Hendrix, Beatles, James Browne, Nina Simone, The Kinks, Velvet Underground.

bhcjeff in Onstage4 asks: Dhani how did you like Brown University and your time in America?

Dhani_Harrison_Live says: Good times. Good times. University of Please Yourself Rhode Island. (laughs) No, but seriously it was hard. A lovely place.

Fatima00841 in Onstage4 asks: YOU HAVE GOOD TASTE IN MUSIC, DHANI. yay

DishDiva says: Dhani, I appreciate you staying up with us tonight as you shared your insight into your father's new CD "Brainwashed."

DishDiva says: Learn more about "Brainwashed" at http://www.georgeharrison.com

Dhani_Harrison_Live says: Take it easy out there, everyone, try and be happy and all get along. I've got to go to bed now because I've got to go and rehearse in the morning. So night, night, and God bless.

DishDiva says: Thanks to Dhani Harrison for being our guest this afternoon.

------------------
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness." - Dave Barry

Stop Worrying: A Tribute To "HELP!"
EasternBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2002, 07:52 PM   #7
IAN TATERSHALL
Apple Scruff

Thanks for posting Dhani's live chat. Much, much appreciated.

------------------
IAN TATERSHALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2002, 08:25 PM   #8
FPSHOT
Sun King

Thanks for all the posting. Wonderful to read this.

------------------
Just talking to myself
Crying as we part
Knowing as you leave me
I also lose my heart
FPSHOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2002, 11:48 PM   #9
taxgirl
Sgt. Pepper

Thanks HC and EB for posting this.
I was there during the Dhani chat and I think it's great he's going to play next week at the concert. Didn't make it to the Tom one, because it was far past midnight here

What other songs do you think (or hope) they are going to do?

------------------
Little things that will change you forever
May appear from way out of the blue
taxgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2002, 12:52 AM   #10
Siobhan
Old Brown Shoe

Thanks for posting. I couldn't stay up that late, so it was lovely to be able to read it. I'm really pleased Dhani is going to be playing at the concert. He really does seem to be such a nice person!

I hope they perform a couple of the new songs at the concert.

------------------
"With our love we could save the world"
Siobhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2002, 07:04 AM   #11
beatlebangs1964

Send a message via AIM to beatlebangs1964

A toast to Hari's Chick and to Bird!

Thank you!

------------------
Then we will remember things we said today. Yeah.
-- Beatles, 1964

With a love like that, you know you should be glad, yeah, yeah, yeah!
-- Beatles, 1963

Read www.rooftopsessions.com for high caliber Beatles fan fiction.

BB1964
beatlebangs1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2002, 08:34 AM   #12
oracle193
Apple Scruff

Hey HC and EB,

Thanks for the postings! The transcripts gave me rainbows of joy!! Dhani is truly
a credit to his Dad (and Olivia)! What a
humble sweet soul, who also shares the same
sense of humor!

------------------
[email]oracle193@yahoo.com[\email]
oracle193 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2002, 08:41 PM   #13
FPSHOT
Sun King

gh_extratexture_1975 is our young mr. Bandontherun. Anthony e-mailed me yesterday, he was very enthousiastic about having made it with 2 questions.

------------------
Just talking to myself
Crying as we part
Knowing as you leave me
I also lose my heart
Old Nov 20, 2002, 08:41 PM   #14
FPSHOT
Sun King

gh_extratexture_1975 is our young mr. Bandontherun. Anthony e-mailed me yesterday, he was very enthousiastic about having made it with 2 questions.

------------------
Just talking to myself
Crying as we part
Knowing as you leave me
I also lose my heart
Old Nov 20, 2002, 09:21 PM   #15
PauLuver69
Nowhere Man

Ooo! Thanks for posting this, wish I could have been there.

------------------
Paul is a sexy beast and you know it.

Check out my site, Studio #5!

http://www.geocities.com/pauluver69/clicktoenter.html
PauLuver69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2002, 10:45 PM   #16
Hari's Chick

Your very welcome folks, about the post! And Thanks EB!!! I tried to copy/paste....but it didn't let me! Wonderful to have the whole thing verbatum!

Isn't that great about Anthony getting two questions answered!! I submitted one, but they didn't pick it...but his Q's were much better! Great questions...as opposed to Tom's chat where someone asked him how long the Heartbreakers had been together!!! LOL!!!

------------------
Buy it today!!!

Old Nov 21, 2002, 07:01 AM   #17
FPSHOT
Sun King

And I like what Dhani reported about future releases, it gives me comfort for the future.

Let him have a holiday first, he did a fantastic job on Brainwashed.

------------------
Talking to myself
Crying as we part
Knowing as you leave me
I also lose my heart
Old Nov 21, 2002, 08:28 AM   #18
Magill
Sun King

YEA! They plan on re-releasing more of his catalogue. I want the GH self titled one again soooo bad. I loved that one. I had it on vinyl once and now it's gone!

Oh, thanks EB for posting that. He sounds like such a nice, nice guy!

------------------
John's too sexy for his shirt!

[This Message Has Been Edited By Magill On November 21, 2002 09:29 AM]
Magill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2002, 08:31 AM   #19
Magill
Sun King

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Tahoma, Arial, Sans-Serif">Quote:</font><HR>Originally Posted By FPSHOT:

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

How come he doesn't post here anymore? Did we say something amiss?

------------------
John's too sexy for his shirt!
Magill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2002, 04:37 PM   #20
AriesGirl78
Nowhere Man

Hari's Chick and Eastern Bird,

Thank you So much for posting the transcript!
I hate that I missed it. Dhani does truly seem like a great guy. George and Olivia did a really great job with him.

Does anyone know if the tribute concert will be televised?

And if it is, is anyone recording it?

I cannot wait to get my hands on a copy of Brainwashed!

God Bless the Beatles,

------------------
Jennifer:)
AriesGirl78 is offline   Reply With Quote